Thursday, November 22, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 58. Thanksgiving

   It's Thanksgiving and at Hell Hill,Ruth's at the house getting ready to return to the hospital to check on Xavier.She calls the rehab to wish her son Frank,who's over-coming an addiction to the painkiller Oxycontin,due to injuries sustained awhile back in a racing accident.The nurse on the other line tells Ruth"Frank checked out of the rehab center last night."Ruth asks the nurse"What made him check out?"The nurse tells her"I'm not sure Ms.Jackson,but he left in a fury."Ruth hangs up the phone and looks up and prays"God,Please bring peace to everyone in my family.I ask you most of all to let my grandson Xavier live.Amen."
   At City Hospital,Beth has stayed all night,asleep in at her desk in her office while Sully went home after reassurance from Beth it was for the best since Sully's pregnant and if anything happened Beth would immediately notify her.Sully walks into the office and asks her grandmother"How's Daddy?"Beth wakes up and tells her"Pedro hasn't gotten back to me so that's a good thing."Sully then asks"Where's Ruth?"Beth answers"I sent her back to the house to rest.She needed to get as much rest as she can."Sully agrees and they head down to the ICU to check on Xavier.
  Ava and Jack are at Chantel's and they're discussing Jack and Winston's confrontation.Ava's angered as well as Jack by what happened and Jack asks Ava"What did Father mean by saying it's a charity he adopted me?"Ava sighs and starts to cry.She explains to her son"Jack,remember what I told you years ago about my relationship with Jamie?Jamie was extremely jealous of the attention I got from Mama and Daddy because I was in college and I was my own woman and didn't sell myself to get what I wanted.Jamie always wanted my life and when I married Russell Marx,Jamie was envious beyond words."Jack then asks his mother"And then what happened?"Ava sighs and struggles to speak.Jack encourages her"It's ok Mom."Ava holds her son's hand and tells him"Jamie tried to run me down one night and I almost died.She would have went to prison but Daddy paid off the ALPD and it got forgotten about.Jamie wanted Russell and hired a man to rape me to make it look like I was having an affair on Russell.I barely survived and I lost my mind,divorced Russell,he and Jamie got together,and left town.Mama left Daddy and took care of me and you for many years until I met Winston and then we got married and he adopted you and things were well until,well you know."Jack nods and asks Ava"Do you remember who was the guy that raped you?"Ava tells Jack who it was and he is stunned.Ava tells him"When it comes to life-time security Jack,you'll always be provided for.Bet on it."Jack hugs his mother and they head to the hospital to check on Xavier.
  At Frank's farm,Frank returns and hears a noise in the bedroom,he walks in to find Claudia and Michael in bed,naked.He explodes on Claudia and Michael and yells"You whore!How could you do this to me?"Claudia and Michael are speechless and Frank yanks Michael out of the bed and decks him yelling"I thought of you as a son and THIS is how you re-pay me?"Michael attempts to apologize and Frank tells both of them"Get the hell out of my house and out of FJR,and stay the hell out of my life."Both plead for forgiveness but Frank takes a deep breath and calmly and sternly tells them starting with Claudia"I have heard for many years about you and Mama and everyone tried to tell me and I didn't believe them.I lost alot because of you and I'll be damned if I lose anything else because of you!."He turns to Michael and tells him"As of now,you find yourself a new ride because my family is what matters to me and what you've done has hurt my niece and you are truly your father's son."He tells them to leave immediately and they scurry around as Frank watches and they leave."Frank's hurt and betrayed and calls Ruth and is informed about Xavier.After Claudia returns her keys to FJR and the house to Frank and she and Michael leaves the house,Frank calls Ruth,and is informed of what's happened,and heads to the hospital to join the rest of the family to find out about Xavier.
   For some people,Thanksgiving is a time of joy as many families gather to celebrate life,and says their blessings and takes comfort in the company of those they love.As for The Jackson family on Thanksgiving,it's been a roller-coaster of uncertainty as they've met obstacles that breaks many families apart and it's safe to say the unity's been tested with them time and time again.Beth,Sully,Ruth,Ava,Jack,and Frank are in the waiting room at the ICU,and Pedro comes out and tells all of them"I know it's against policy but all of you can go see Xavier."They walk into Xavier's room and Pedro looks on as Xavier sees his family and although he's groggy and weak and just coming to,a tear of joy comes out of his eye and he smiles and the family cries tears of joy and Ruth looks up to the sky and silently says"Thank you Lord."Xavier sees Leigh's spirit at the door,she blows him a kiss with a smile and disappears and the family gathers around Xavier,thankful for the miracle of his survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment