Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 5. The War Begins

    A new day has begun,Xavier's at his hotel room thinking about his conversation with Bobby the day earlier about B.R's death.He gets his phone to call the hospital for B.R.'s medical records and autopsy report.He tells them he will be at the hospital shortly to pick them up.Beth comes to his room and asks Xavier"Are you going to the funeral today?''Xavier tells her"No,I need to check out some things about PaPaw's death.Something isn't adding up."Beth reminds him of the "snakes"in the family.He agrees with her and says"I know there are people out there who'd want him gone.But who would have done it?"Beth gives him some names and they analyze them and then they get to Brock Jr.Beth asks Xavier"Do you think Brock Jr or Andy or Tommy could have done it?"Xavier tells her"I wouldn't rule it out.Brock Jr was known for not controlling his temper and has been a black eye on this family since the day he was born."Beth asks him if there's anything she can do?He tells her"You can go with me to the hospital and get PaPaw's records and autopsy report and go over them and give me your opinion."She says"OK"And they get ready and head to the hospital.
    At Hell Hill,Brock Jr is having a flashback of his last visit with B.R."B.R.-Look Jr,I can't keep bailing you out on all your failures.If I help you again I'll lose everything I own.Brock Jr.You better help me out old man.You owe me.B.R.-WHAT do I owe you?I don't owe you a damn thing!It's the other way around you ungrateful bastard!"Brock Jr sits back and has a nervous grin on his face and drinks a glass of whiskey and Andy comes in the room and asks Brock Jr"Are you ready to go to the funeral?"Brock Jr tells him"Yes,Yes.Where's Tommy?"Andy tells him he's already at the funeral home.Brock Jr finishes up his glass of Whiskey and leaves with Andy for the funeral.Brock Jr looks worried about something but hides it from Andy.
   At the Funeral Home,Frank's in the chapel having flashbacks of his own of his time with B.R."Frank-Daddy,I got a contract to drive in the Cup next year.B.R.Well that's good I reckon.Frank-It's top notch and I think I could win a Title.B.R.-How much does this cost?Where are you going to get the money.I'm NOT giving it to you!"Frank-I don't need your damn money.I just want you to support my dream.B.R.You do what you want to do and leave me the hell alone."Frank looks up and says"Daddy,I made it on my own without your help.I wish we could have had a normal father-son relationship but you couldn't accept the fact I wasn't like you or strived to be like you.The only one you ever cared about was Brock Jr.Always bailing him out and putting Mama and Jamie and myself off to do it."Jamie comes in the room with Bree and Summer and they all hug and talk about B.R.Brock Jr then shows up and asks"Where's Tommy?I thought he was here?"Jamie tells him "He's outside".Brock Jr starts to head outside to find Tommy and Bobby comes in the room.Bobby tells everyone"After the funeral we're going to meet back at Hell Hill to go over B.R.'s will.Brock Jr perks up and says"About time!"Frank asks Bobby"Shouldn't we wait a few days before we do that?"Bobby tells them"We have to do it today."Everyone's shocked about it and with the exception of Brock Jr would rather wait but Bobby tells them"You all have no choice it's how it's got to be."They all agree to do it though they disagree with it.The Reverend also comes in the room to tell everyone"It's time to begin the funeral".They all take their seats and the funeral begins.
   At the hotel, Beth goes over the medical records and autopsy reports and tells Xavier"I don't see anything out of the ordinary with any of it."Xavier tells her"I don't care what they say,I still feel something occurred.There's something not right with this picture."Beth tells him"Do what you have to do son.I trust your instincts."Xavier thanks her and leaves for Hell Hill for the will reading.On his way out,He calls The Funeral Home and tells them"Don't bury B.R.yet.I want to have another autopsy done by my mother."The Funeral Home tells him they have to bury him today.Xavier tells them"I'm the executor of B.R's estate and you will not bury him until the second autopsy is finished!"The Funeral Home obliges with Xavier's order.
   The funeral is going on and after the eulogy is finished,the funeral director comes in to tell the family"We can't bury Mr.Jackson today."The family is suspicious and Brock Jr's furious yelling"Bury my father!We're his children.You listen to us!"Frank and Jamie asks the director what's going on?The funeral home tells all of them"We just received a phone call to keep B.R.'s body for another autopsy.The family then gets real suspicious and Brock Jr gets really concerned.He texts someone texting"What happened?"
   Xavier's at Hell Hill and is walking around the house and he starts to feel somebody's presence.He looks around but doesn't see anyone.Beth's at the hotel preparing to go to the morgue to examine B.R's body once it arrives from the funeral.Bobby arrives at Hell Hill and asks Xavier,"Are you ready to do this?"Xavier says to him in a calm and assertive tone"Yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment