Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 24. Deception

   At The sunset Club,Chant Hale meets with his son Jared to discuss business.Jared asks Chant"How did the sponsor talks go?"Chant tells him"They went good.I've got my part taken care of.How about you?"Jared tells him"I'm in at Jackson Inc and nobody expects a thing."Chant asks him"What's Xavier's plans for Jim's in the area?"Jared tells him"They are the top supermarket in this region.They are discussing a few things now on expansion."Chant goes"Expansion?"Jared tells him"Yep,they're going into the Super-store format and they've tested it and it's been successful."Chant tells him"See if you can get your hands on their plans and bring them to me.If we're going to enter this market,I want to make sure we can beat Jim's and down the road buying them out."Chant also adds"Just don't let Xavier or anyone know who you really are or else this will blow up in our face.Father will not be pleased."Jared tells him he will and leaves.Chant makes a phone call to his father,Winston Hale and leaves him a message telling him"It's on."
   At Hell Hill,Beth's downstairs watching TV and Sully joins her.Sully tells her"I thought the soaps got cancelled?"Beth looks at her and tells her to "Hush" and motions for her to sit next to her.Beth asks her"How are you feeling?"Sully tells her"I'm ok.I'm still thinking about what happened."Beth tells her"You need to not worry too much about it.It will take some time but time does heal."Sully adds"Sometimes it does."Beth hugs her and Sully tells her"I'm going to get out for a bit."Beth asks her"Where are you going?"Sully tells her"I want to go talk to Ms.Lane."Beth rolls her eyes and cautions her"Do you think you're ready to go back down there.Not after what happened."Sully tells her"I've got to keep going as normal."Beth agrees but tells her"Be careful and don't rush it."Sully gives her a hug and tells her"I'll be fine" and leaves.Beth worries about her and watches her show.
   Desi's returned to her store and she's thinking about what's just happened between She and Xavier.Rodney comes in the store and he asks her"What are you thinking about?"She tells him"Inventory."Rodney doesn't believe her and asks her to have dinner with him.Desi accepts and they begin to head out when Sully comes in the store.Desi is excited to see her and rushes over and asks her"Are you feeling better huh?"Sully tells her"I'm ok.It'll take some time to get over but I'll make it."Desi reminds Sully"If you ever need to talk to someone or need a friend,I'm here for you."Sully thanks her and Desi invites her to have dinner with her and Rodney.Sully declines telling her"I'll pass this time.I wanted to get some of my designs and take them home with me to work on."Desi tells her"Ok.Take care of yourself."And Sully heads to the back.Rodney asks Desi"Who's she?"Desi tells him"Xavier Jackson's daughter.She works for me at the store."Rodney doesn't like what he hears.Desi tells him"Don't worry Rodney,NOTHING's going on between me and Xavier."Rodney believes her and they head out for dinner.Sully reaches the back room and sees the door to the loading dock.She has a flashback and gets upset.She controls her emotions and gets her designs and rushes out.Once outside,she bumps into someone.The man looks at her and asks her"Do I know you?"Sully looks at him and although he looks familiar,she can't be certain.She responds"I don't think so."She asks him his name he tells her"I'm Jared.I was the one that found you."Sully goes"You were the one who took me to the hospital?"He goes"Yep,it was me.What's your name?"She tells him"I'm Sully."He then asks her"Do you want to go out and we can get to know each other some?"Sully tells him"No.I've got to go home."She leaves and Jared looks on and worries about her.
   At The Sunset Club,Xavier comes in and notices Chant's there and walks over.He asks Chant"What are you doing in Adam's Landing?You have no reason to be here."Chant tells him sarcastically"Oh Xavier.I'm only down here because of a deal we've just signed."Xavier's curious and asks him"What kind of deal Chant?You and Daddy finally getting out of the business?"Chant tells him"Never.We're sponsoring FJR next year and for Frank Jackson's race in LaFayette."Xavier tells Chant"That sounds like you're wanting a war?Frank's my brother."Chant tells him"I thought he was your father."Xavier snaps back"We're family and that's all you need to know!I'll be watching you."and he leaves.He then bumps into Jamie and tells her"So.I hear you've done it again."Jamie gets mad and tells Xavier"Don't start with me."Xavier responds"No need to.I heard about you hitting the sheets with Michael.You like to keep it in the family don't you?Jamie tries to slap him but Xavier grabs her hand and tells her"You'd be wise not to do that.I may just have to go tell your daughter what I know."Jamie tells him"Go to hell!"and heads off and Xavier watches on as she meets with Chant.He's very suspicious about why Chant's in town and he heads home.
  Desi and Rodney's at Percy's having dinner.Rodney asks Desi"What are we going to do about our marriage."Desi tells him"That's up to you.I don't know if we still have a marriage."Rodney then reminds her of their first date and they begin to reminisce.They both have a smile on their face and Rodney tells her"We can get over this and move forward.I love you Baby."Desi tells him"I'll try to.TRY to but if I catch you with another woman Rodney,we're done."Rodney tells her"You don't have to worry.I've realized what I've been neglecting and I want to be with you,and only you."They then kiss but Desi thinks about Xavier and Rodney's mind is stil on Bren.
  Xavier's arrived at Hell Hill and asks Sully"Did you get out today?"Sully tells him"Yeah,I needed to.I've got to move forward."Xavier cautions her as well telling her"Take your time sweetie."She tells Xavier"I went down to Lane's to get my designs so I could work on them here."Xavier asks her if he can look at them.She shows them to him and he's impressed.He gives her a hug and tells her"I think this could go somewhere."Sully perks up and goes"You think so?I'm not sure.They're just drawings."Xavier tells her"You remind me of your mom.She was always shy about her talents also.Have you shown these to Desi?"Sully replies"I haven't shown her yet."Xavier tells her"I want to show these to a friend of your mother's.I think we could go somewhere with these."Sully's bashful about it but believes him.She tells him"I think they could too."Xavier tells her"Keep working on them and I'll arrange a meeting with them soon."There's a knock at the door and it's Jared.Xavier goes"You need something?"Sully sees him and goes"Jared.What are you doing here?"Xavier looks at them and asks Sully"You know him?"He tells Xavier"I was the one who brought her to the hospital."Xavier tells him"You have my deepest appreciation.That's my Princess."Sully asks Xavier how he knows Jared.Xavier tells her"Jared Miller works for me at Jackson Inc.He's a good kid.He's going places as well.Xavier then asks Jared to join them for dinner.He accepts and they head for the dining room.
  At The Sunset Club,Jamie and Chant are in his room and there's a knock at the door.Chant puts on his clothes while Jamie stays in bed and he goes to answer.He freaks out when he sees Winston on the other side.Chant goes"Father,Why are you here?"Winston tells him"I felt I need to monitor the progress.Good thing I did."and then he leaves.Jamie asks Chant"You're related to Winston Hale?"He tells her"I'm his son"Jamie likes what she hears and tells him to come back to bed.He heads back and they resume where they left off.Winston meanwhile heads for the bar and has a drink and calls Jared.Jared's at Hell Hill with Xavier,Sully and Beth and ignores his call.Xavier asks Jared"Who was calling you?"Jared replies"Nobody important."Winston leaves him a message telling him sternly"Remember why you're here!I am in town and I am watching you and your father!"

No comments:

Post a Comment