Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 42. After The Storm

   It's the next day,Beth's at Hell Hill and sees Ruth downstairs and asks her"Is Xavier still here?"Ruth tells Beth"He's already left for the office."Beth is emotional and tells Ruth"I don't think he'll ever forgive me for keeping this from him all these years."Ruth consoles Beth and assures her"You'll always be Xavier's mother and he needs you just like you need him.It will take time."Beth agrees and she tells Ruth"I'm going to The Sunset Club for a few days to give him some space."Ruth tells Beth"That may be the best thing.I asked Xavier about what happened and he didn't say a word.I've never seen him like this before."Beth then tells her"I've got to make this right with him."At Desi's house,Desi answers her door to find Xavier.Xavier asks Desi"Did you tell her?"Desi breaks down and Xavier holds her.Desi then tells Xavier"I froze.If she wasn't my daughter,I'd killed her.A part of me wishes she wasn't our daughter."Xavier nods his head and agrees telling Desi"I know the feeling after all she put Sully through at the store."Desi then asks Xavier"Are you going to tell Bren you're her father?"Xavier looks at Desi and tells her"We need to tell her together.It'd be easier for both of us."Xavier gives her a hug and assures Desi"All of this will work out.It won't be easy."Meanwhile Rodney comes in the house and goes ballistic,yelling at Desi"You have me a problem with me being with Bren and you're in Xavier's arms?"Xavier and Desi looks at Rodney with disgust and Desi tells Rodney"I told you last night it was over for us.Your things are packed.I'll send them to you."Rodney tells Desi"This is MY house too.Why don't you leave?"
   Meanwhile at The Inn,Brock Jr's at the bar and someone comes up behind him dressed as the grim reaper.Brock Jr freaks out until Winston pulls off the mask and laughs"Trick or Treat."Winston gets to business and asks Brock Jr"I heard you went to see Xavier yesterday?"Brock Jr quips"Yes the hell I did.He took it better than I expected."Winston tells him"You're here at the bar so he didn't kill you."Winston then asks"Are the rest of the family going to back you up?"Brock Jr tells Winston"Frank's going to help us.I'm not sure on Mama though."Winston then tells Brock Jr"If you can get Ruth on board,then we can begin."Brock Jr assures Winston"I have a way to get her to change her mind."Winston smiles and with a evil smile pats Brock Jr on the back and tells him"I'm certain you will make good on this."Winston leaves and Brock Jr gets his phone and makes a phone call.He then gets up to leave and sees Country.Brock Jr asks him"Are you spying on me for your boss?"Country tells Brock Jr"You're the last thing on his mind.I'm here to offer you a deal."Brock Jr's eyes open wide and asks him"Another trip to Europe?"Country laughs and puts his hand on his pocket and tells him"If you don't leave town,you'll be in the swamp."Brock Jr goes"Threats won't run me away.You best consider helping me if you want to live."Country whispers to Brock Jr"That's something you should worry about."Country leaves and Brock Jr orders another shot.The bartender asks him"You look like you've seen a ghost.?"Brock Jr snaps back"Why don't you do your damn job and leave me the hell alone!"
   Meanwhile,Beth's arrived at City Hospital and Pedro comes in her office and asks her"How did it go?"Beth tells him with a sadness in her voice"Not well."Pedro opens his arms and He gives Beth a hug and she cries on his shoulder"I failed my son.I failed him.He'll never forgive me for this."Pedro tells Beth"I wish I knew something to say or do to make this better."Beth tells Pedro"Your being here helps me.Thank you."Pedro tells her"You know,I think you should go see Xavier and talk to him."Beth sighs"I don't think that will be a good idea."Pedro tells her"You don't know until you try."Beth then goes to her desk and calls Xavier's office but she gets no answer.She leaves Xavier a message and hangs up."Pedro is paged to the ER and tells Beth"I'm here for you.I'll be back."Beth thanks him and after he leaves her office,Beth sits at her desk and stares into space saying to herself"What am I going to do?"
  Back at Hell Hill,Frank and Brock Jr arrives to see Ruth.Ruth is shocked to see them together and sternly warns Brock Jr"If Xavier knew you were here,he'd kill you."Brock Jr laughs"We've already met at Jackson Inc."Ruth rolls her eyes and asks Frank"Why are you with your brother?You two can't stand to be in the same room with each other."Frank tells Ruth"Mama,I'm going to back Junior on his plans.As long as everyone gets their equal share,that'll satisfy me."Ruth asks them"And I'm supposed to follow?"Frank and Brock Jr pleads to Ruth"This is for you Mama.You deserve Dad's legacy.Consider it a reward for the hell he put you through."Ruth gets angry and hisses at Brock Jr"I don't know what you're planning but I don't want no part of it."Frank tells her"This is YOUR home Mama,not Xavier and Beth's.Stand up for what's rightfully yours."Ruth looks at Frank and asks him"Why are you falling for this scam?"Frank tells her"I'm doing this for you."Ruth tells Frank"I'm disappointed you're in with your brother.This will destroy this family and I will have NO part of this!"Ruth points at the door and Brock Jr and Frank leaves.Ruth then calls Claudia and asks her"What's going on with Frank?He's not himself."
  Meanwhile at Desi's home,Desi puts Rodney on blast while Xavier watches on,"Rodney,this is MY house.I paid for it.I built it.I have always been the head of this family.Why would I leave and give you MY house?"Xavier tells Rodney"Don't you have a pregnant mistress awaiting you?'Rodney orders Xavier to leave.Desi tells Rodney"You have no rights here.We're done and that's final!Get the hell out of my house."Xavier pulls out his pistol and Rodney bolts."Desi then gets angry and walks over to a picture of Rodney and her on their wedding day.She throws it across the room and Xavier tells Desi"You're not alone Desi.I'm here for you."Desi holds on to Xavier and asks him"Should we even tell Bren?'Xavier takes a deep breath and tells Desi"We have to tell her.Afterwards we'll go from there."Desi tells Xavier shaking her head"That slut is carrying my husband's kid and my grandchild.I really don't know."Xavier attempts to cheer her up quipping"You only have one grand-child on the way.I've got two.You're lucky."Desi looks at him and goes"Ha Ha.That doesn't help me feel better about any of this."Xavier tells her"There's nothing really good about this but we've got to tell Bren."Desi tells Xavier"I'm not ready yet."Xavier holds her in his arms and tells her"I know you're not.We're in this together."

No comments:

Post a Comment