Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 45. No Way Out

  It's the next morning and Beth's at Percy's Diner with Pedro having breakfast before both head to the hospital.Sassy comes to the table and asks Beth"Are we hiring anyone right now?Beth tells Sassy"I don't know.Do we need anyone?"Sassy tells Beth"One of the former waitresses came in here yesterday and wanted to know if we're hiring?"Beth asks"Who is it?"Sassy answers"Bren Gilham."Beth thinks about it for a second and answers"Yes.Call her and tell her she's hired."Sassy answers "Ok."and leaves.Pedro asks Beth"You bought Percy's"Beth smiles and says"Yes I did.It was impulsive but I've always wanted a restaurant and being at a point retirement's not far off,It will help with my retirement plan."Pedro is happy and asks"How much longer will you stay at the hospital."Beth answers"Sassy's running the place.I'm just the owner."Pedro tells her"I think you got a great retirement plan.You're one of the smartest women I know."Beth smiles and Cara comes over and introduces herself to Beth and Beth is very surprised to see her.
  At The Farm,Brock Jr comes over to meet with Frank and Claudia is wary and asks him in a suspicious tone"What are you doing here?"Brock Jr responds"I'm his brother."Claudia pretends to believe him and Frank comes in the living room and tells Brock Jr in a tone of frustration"I told you I'm out of your plot to steal the family fortune!"Brock Jr reminds Frank with Claudia in the room"Remember what you don't want your woman to know Big Brother?'Claudia is worried and asks them"What do I need to know?Brock Jr answers"I think he's planning to propose."Claudia looks at Frank and he's silent."Frank then tells Claudia"Cruise.Junior's confused."Claudia kisses Frank and tells him"I love that."She then leaves Brock Jr and Frank alone and Brock Jr tells Frank in a calm threatening tone"I just saved your ass.So you have to save mine."Frank angrily tells him"I can find somebody else to get what I need Junior!"Brock Jr blackmails Frank threatening"If you don't help me get control of Daddy's estate,I will tell Mama and Claudia about our drug deals."Frank grabs Brock Jr in a paranoid tone and says"If you do that,I'll kill you and your son MYSELF!"Brock Jr replies"Then get with the program Frankie!"Frank pushes him back and lets him go and Brock Jr quickly leaves,Claudia returns to the room and tells Frank"Your Mama called and wanted to know if you're feeling ok?"Frank quickly responds"Yes I feel great."Claudia then asks Frank"Are you really taking me on the Caribbean Cruise?"Frank smiles and says"Yes I am?"Claudia gives him a kiss and tells him"This is just what we need Champ."Frank agrees"Yes it is."Claudia leaves to go to the race shop and Frank stays behind and once she's gone,pulls his pill bottle out of his shirt pocket and takes 2 pills.A few moments later,Claudia arrives at Frank's race shop and the receptionist tells Claudia"Someone's here to see you."Claudia goes into Frank's office to find Ruth and Ruth quickly gets to business and asks Claudia"What's really going on with my son Claudia?Tell me the truth!"
   At Lane's,Desi's in her office and her secretary arrives telling her"You got something Ms.Lane."Desi opens the letter and finds out Rodney's contesting the Divorce by filing alimony due to the loss of his job,and he wants the mansion."Desi gets upset and makes a phone call to Bobby,yelling at him"Tell Rodney I'll see him in court!"She hangs up and leaves the store,heading to Percy's to see Rodney.At Percy's,Rodney and Bren arrive and Rodney sees Beth,with Pedro and Cara and tells Bren"That woman over there is Xavier's mother."Bren tells Rodney"I waited on her once and she asked me about my family.Seems to be nice."Rodney quickly tells Bren"She and Desi never got along.They get together and it's war."Bren laughs"I can believe that with Desi."Rodney laughs and Sassy comes over and asks Bren"When can you start?"Bren asks"Start?"Sassy answers"Work."Bren gets excited and answers"I can start today."Sassy tells her"Come in tonight."Bren responds"Will do."Sassy walks off and Rodney tells Bren"I'm glad you got your job back."Bren asks Rodney"Are you going job hunting today?"Rodney answers"I plan to check out a few places Xavier isn't connected to."Bren assures him"You'll find something."She kisses him and then Desi comes in and quickly asks Rodney"Did your little tramp put you up to this?She shows him the letter she got in the mail and he tells her"I deserve my part."Bren agrees with Rodney and Desi quickly snaps at Bren"You stay the hell out of this!"Meanwhile Beth,Pedro and Cara are at their table and Pedro asks Beth"I take it Xavier and Desi hasn't told Bren."Cara gets curious and asks them what's it is.Beth answers"Bren is Desi's daughter and my grand-daughter unfortunately."They watch on and Beth contains her laughter as Desi tells Rodney"What I got,I made myself!The kids are grown.You can go work and get a job and your little slut can take care of you while your looking!"Bren tries to bite her tongue and angrily tells Desi"If you wasn't such a bitch,your husband would have never left you!"Desi yells"I left him because of YOU!Rodney tries to play interference but Desi pushes him away and tells Bren"I helped you and you helped yourself to my husband.That's the definition of home-wrecking slut."Bren slaps Desi and Desi quickly returns it and a huge catfight begins between them and Rodney breaks them up.Desi hisses at Rodney"I'll see you in court."She tells Bren"Don't mess with me.It will backfire."She walks out and Beth tells Pedro and Cara"I think Bren won."Beth leaves the table and Pedro and Cara watch on.Cara tells Pedro"I think I'm going to like Beth.She's something else."Pedro smiles and tells Cara"She makes me very happy."Cara responds"That's all that matters."Beth walks over to Bren and tells her"You won that one."Rodney snarks at Beth"I'm sure you enjoyed the fight."Beth smiles and says"I love it when Desi Lane gets what she deserves."and Beth leaves.Bren tells Rodney"Dr.Jackson seems to be a sweet lady and we have something in common."Rodney laughs and leaves to search for work.Sassy walks over and tells Bren"Dr.Jackson bought Percy's."Bren's eyes open and she replies"I like her."
   At The Race Shop,Claudia tells Ruth"I haven't noticed much,except for Brock Jr coming around.Ruth shares Claudia's suspicions and asks her"Is Frank giving him money?"Claudia looks on the computer and looks at the bank statements and notices alot of cash missing,and she looks at Ruth and tells her"This isn't good."Ruth asks"Frank's giving him money?"Claudia confirms and tells Ruth"He's almost out of funds."Ruth rolls her eyes in disgust and tells Claudia"It's has to be something more than wanting his support to fight for the estate."Claudia agrees and they try to figure out what it is.At The Farm,Frank's at home with a noticeable buzz and gets a knock at the door,He answers and to see Michael at the door.Michael asks Frank"We've missed seeing you at the track.Are you ok?"Frank doesn't answer.At The Inn,Brock Jr meets up with Tommy and Brock Jr tells Tommy"We're getting closer to being set for life!"Tommy is happy about it and asks Brock Jr"Will Jamie and Bree help us in contesting the estate?"Brock Jr tells him"It's plan B now son."It's our payback from the family."Tommy asks"Everyone?"Brock Jr answers"I want what's mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment