Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness Episode 3. Reunions

   Xavier has arrived at Hell Hill with Bobby.Xavier asks Bobby "Is anyone here?"Bobby tells him "Nope.Everyone's at the Funeral Home having visitation."Xavier is satisfied because he isn't ready for everyone to know of him being home just yet.He goes to walk the grounds while Bobby keeps an eye out for Frank,Jamie or Brock Jr.Xavier makes a phone call to Beth to let her know he's arrived,Beth doesn't answer the phone.Beth's at the airport and looks at her phone to see a missed call from Xavier.She worries about his reaction as well as the family when she makes her entrance.She calls a taxi telling them to take her to the Funeral Home.Xavier returns to the main house and tells Bobby"I'm going out for dinner and to check in at the Sunset Club.I need to have some time to myself to think of how I'm going to go about this."Bobby asks Xavier "When do you plan on seeing everyone?You know you'll have to tomorrow at B.R's funeral?"Xavier tells Bobby"I don't do funerals.I've paid my respects to PaPaw.Now I got to figure out my strategy for what's to come."Bobby understands and tells Xavier"At least the family doesn't know you're here yet.Either way you go about it,it won't be easy.And I hope your ready."Xavier calmly says"I've been waiting for this for years."
   At the funeral home Frank,Jamie,Brock Jr,and the grandchildren, Jamie's daughters Bree and Summer,and Brock Jr's sons Andy and Tommy has gathered,visiting with friends and other members of the family.Jamie asks Frank if Xavier is coming to the funeral?Frank tells her"I haven't spoken to Xavier for many years since Beth and I divorced."Jamie isn't surprised,stating"I haven't missed Beth.I hope she doesn't come to the funeral."Frank says"I seriously doubt it.After the way she left town years ago,she'd be smart to stay gone."Brock Jr comes over with Andy and Tommy in tow and asks"Who planned this funeral?"Frank tells him in an annoyed manner"Jamie and I did!"Brock Jr then asks Frank"Did you call your son to tell him about the funeral?I don't see him here.I thought it was about family."Jamie sternly tells Brock Jr to knock off the chides towards Frank"Now is NOT the time Brock"Brock Jr looks at both of them and sarcastically tells them"You are all about family!Everyone is here except Xavier!Frank tells Brock Jr"Don't ask about Xavier again!I didn't know how to get in touch with him.I doubt he will even show up.Beth has likely brainwashed him against me."Brock Jr then says laughing"You know it was all of your fault!You didn't know where home was!"Frank tells Brock Jr to "Go to Hell"Brock Jr then remarks"Ahh getting defensive Big Brother?Don't like for everyone to know the TRUTH?Frank punches Brock Jr and then they start to fight until Bree's husband,Michael breaks them up.Brock Jr and Frank walks out of the room,both in different directions.
   At The Sunset Club,Xavier is having a nice dinner and going over his letter and what his mother Beth told him back in the Midwest,he is lost for a moment until someone walks over to the table yelling"X,X,is it you?"Xavier looks at him closely with a bit of caution then says ''Country?"Country says"Yep it's me.It's been years!"Xavier quickly quips "Yes the hell it has!Come and have a seat!"Country asks Xavier"What brought you back to these parts?I thought you said you were never returning after you left years ago?"Xavier tells him"PaPaw died,Hell froze over,Here I am!"Country sends his condolences to Xavier telling him"I'm sorry X,I loved that honery old man.I worked for him quite a bit helping him out with things.Especially keeping an eye on Brock Jr."Xavier quickly states "Brock Jr?He's still around."Country then fills Xavier in on what he missed with the family since he's been gone.Country is one of Xavier's closest friends and was really loyal to him and B.R.as well as the rest of the family exception being Brock Jr and his sons.Country then gets up to leave and he and Xavier shakes hands and Xavier asks Country"You working anywhere?"Country tells him"Nope"Xavier tells him"Well how would you like to work for me?Like with PaPaw?'Xavier then yells "Hell Yes X!I'd be honored!"They shake hands and Country walks away.Afterwards another person comes up to Xavier looking at him quietly,not knowing what to say.Xavier looks at her and shockingly and quietly goes "Desi?"
   Back at the Funeral Home, Frank and Jamie are outside talking about B.R's funeral and what just happened between Brock Jr and himself.Jamie tells Frank"Don't let Brock Jr get to you,he's just seeking attention.Daddy's not here anymore and he knows we won't drop everything for him like Daddy did."Frank agrees with her but states"He just reminded me  how bad I have been about keeping in touch with Xavier.I miss him and how close we were.I know I messed up over the years and in time I hope we can work everything out."Jamie tells him not to worry about it."If he's anything like his daddy,he'll be just as understanding as you are and yall can rebuild yall's close bond."They begin to hug one another and Frank spots someone coming up and backs off of Jamie and goes"Beth?What the hell are YOU doing here?"Frank and Jamie are both speechless and Beth is all smiles telling them "I'm home!"               

No comments:

Post a Comment