Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 43. Picking Up The Pieces

   Xavier's arrived at Jackson Inc to find Beth waiting in his office.Xavier coldly asks his mother"What the hell are you doing here?'Beth asks Xavier"How are you holding up?"Xavier looks at her and responds"You don't want to know the answer to that question.Please leave!"Beth tries to explain her reasons telling Xavier"I knew how hurt you'd be if you knew about it and I just knew that child was Rodney Barr's child.I was trying to protect you."Xavier yells"Protect me?I knew of the one night stand between Rodney and Desi.Desi told me and it pissed me off but I forgave her.But you kept me from knowing my daughter and it's going to take me a long time to get over that."Beth apologizes but Xavier doesn't accept.He tells Beth"This was all because of your disdain for Desi.And just so you know,Bren's pregnant also.With Rodney's child."Beth goes"Oh No!How's Desi dealing with it?"Xavier tells Beth"Not very well.I'm tired of talking about this.Leave me alone."As Beth walks out of the office,she tells Xavier"I'm staying at The Club for awhile to give you some space."Xavier tells her"I'm glad"and Beth leaves.Once in the hall,Beth wipes a tear from her eye while Xavier's in his office,looking up information on Bren's past.Bobby arrives and tells Xavier"I've got some news on Brock Jr."Xavier rolls his eyes.
   At Lane's,Desi arrives and finds Bren at the cash register.Desi instantly gets angry and hisses"The nerve you have to show up here after what you've done!"Bren hisses back"If you didn't act so high and mighty,your husband wouldn't have come to me to fulfill for him what you couldn't."Desi slaps Bren and Bren yells"If I wasn't pregnant.."Desi asks"What? you want to slap me back Bren?I hope they take you back at Percy's because your fired!"Bren snaps"You'd fire a pregnant woman?That's cold."Desi answers"When she's broken up my home and carrying my future ex's child,I have no problem with it.Get the hell out of my store.Let Rodney take care of you."Bren tells Desi"You know,it's a good thing it's over between you and Rodney.I'll give him more than you ever could."Desi laughs and sarcastically tells her"You better hit the streets and do what you do best."Bren ignores Desi and as she walks out,Desi tells her"Hold on.I got something else to tell you."
  Rodney's at Percy's sitting at the bar with his head in his hands.He's fuming after being fired from his job at Kane Tech.Country sits next to him at the bar and asks Rodney"What's wrong with you Rod?"Rodney glares at Country and fumes"Xavier just cost me his job.You want to gloat about it?"Country laughs and says to Rodney"I'd never recommend anyone to get on X's bad side.But you've been on his list for years."Rodney quips"He's always wanted Desi,now he has her."Country laughs and Rodney asks Country"What's funny about all of this?That bastard's trying to destroy me.I'll make sure he pays for this."Country whispers in Rodney's ear as he walks off"If you try,you'll be in the swamp."Country leaves and Rodney tells a waitress named Sassy"Xavier Jackson's messing with the wrong man."Sassy laughs at him and warns Rodney"Karma's a bitch.Don't expect any sympathy from me."Sassy walks off and Rodney yells"Where's my coffee?"Sassy sarcastically tells him"In the coffee pot.I don't wait on two-timing losers like you.Call Bren to wait on you."Rodney rolls his eyes and walks out.In the back of Percy's,Brock Jr sits and smiles telling Tommy"I think we may have just found ourselves another ally."Tommy agrees and the walk out,following Rodney.
   Meanwhile at Jackson Inc,Xavier and Bobby are discussing Brock Jr's plans to contest B.R's will and Bobby tells Xavier"B.R's will is iron-clad.He was of sound,mind,and body when he wrote it.Junior's in a losing battle."Xavier tells Bobby"Damn right.I told the grounds-keeper to clean out the storm shelter."Bobby asks"You planning to lock him up again?"Xavier tells Bobby"I also plan to lock Winston Hale up with him.They can keep each other warm and they can cry together after their con fails."Bobby then tells Xavier"I noticed some money missing from the estate fund."Xavier asks in a calm tone"Oh?Who took the money out?"Bobby replies"Ruth.$20,000."Xavier asks"Where did it go?"Bobby sighs and tells Xavier"Brock Jr summoned Ruth and Frank to The Sunset Club last week and that was the same time the money was withdrawn."Xavier gets infuriated and tells Bobby"He's playing with fire.Are Ruth and Frank supporting this farce?"Bobby responds"Ruth wants nothing to do with his schemes,however Frank has told him he's going to back him up.I'm not sure though on Ava and Jamie."Xavier's shocked and tells Bobby"Something's up with Frank.Junior's got something on him."Bobby agrees and Xavier tells Bobby"I'm heading over to Frank's shop.Keep your eyes and ears open on Jamie and Ava."Bobby replies"Will do."Xavier leaves and Bobby receives a phone call from Desi telling him"I'm ready to finalize Rodney and I's divorce."Bobby heads out to meet up with Desi. 
    At Lane's,Desi's in her office,trying to figure out how to tell Bren that she's her daughter.Rodney storms in Desi's office and yells"Xavier got me fired from my job today.He doesn't want to mess with me."Desi yells"What the hell?Xavier wouldn't have you fired."Rodney tells Desi"You and I both know that he's one vengeful son of a bitch."Desi lets Rodney know"I didn't tell him to do it if he did have you fired."Rodney doesn't buy it and Desi changes subject telling Rodney"I'm finalizing our divorce today.Bobby Whitten's on the way over with the papers."Rodney tells Desi"I plan to get my share just so you know."Desi tells Rodney"You will get exactly what you came with the day we married,nothing."Rodney warns her"Either 50/50 or I'm going to take you to court!"Desi quips"You're going to lose.I'd suggest you go work with your mistress at Percy's.They always hire losers off the street.You'd fit in just fine."Rodney tells her"You're one cold bitch Desi."Desi replies sarcastically"Must explain my love for fake fur.I'll call you when Bobby arrives."Rodney walks out and Desi sits at her desk and looks at her wedding picture with Rodney.She throws it across the office and looks around and has some flashbacks to walking in on Bren and Rodney and she breaks down and tears her office apart in anger yelling"Rodney Barr,I wish I never knew you."Rodney meanwhile stands outside Desi's office and cries,knowing there's no chance Desi will ever forgive him after all that's happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment