Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 48. Trials And Tragedy

  At City Hospital,two people arrive in the ER.Pedro's there as the paramedic tells him"Dr.Del Mar,we have one fatality and one barely alive."Pedro rushes into the triage to see Christian's lifeless body and Bren,who's barely clinging to life after being shot twice,in the back,and in the stomach.Pedro looks up and takes a deep breath,and tells the nurse"Save the girl.You're job's on the line."Pedro runs to Beth's office.He arrives and Beth asks Pedro"What's wrong?"Pedro looks at Beth and tells her"Bren's been shot."They both head to the ER.
  Meanwhile at the Motor Lodge,Rodney's sitting on the floor,trying to wrap his head around what's just happened.There's a knock at the door.Rodney yells"Go Away!"Michael comes in the room and notices the pool of blood on the floor.He asks his father in a concerned tone"What happened?"Rodney tells him"Bren may have died to protect me."Rodney breaks down and cries as Michael consoles him.
  At the farm,Frank's in the living room,passed out in his chair when Ruth lets herself inside.She looks at Frank with disappointment and says somberly"I'd expect this from Brock Jr or Jamie,but I'd never thought I'd see this with you."Frank awakens and slurs"What are you talking about?"Ruth grabs the bottle of pills off the table next to Frank's chair and yells"These!Is this what Junior's holding over you?Is this why you're about to lose everything you care about?"Frank is silent and is fuming with anger as his mother tears into him"Words cannot express how disappointed I am at you.I know things have been hard but this is not the way to handle your problems.You need to check into rehab tonight!"Ruth gives Frank the phone and he throws it across the room,mumbling"I don't need no damn rehab Mama.I'm just fine."Ruth shakes her head in disgust and says"If you don't get help,you'll lose everything you care about and those that care about you."Frank is in denial and Ruth slaps him.Frank tells Ruth"Are you going to disown me like you did Jamie?"Ruth tells him"You need help son."She leaves and Frank looks at the pills and tries to tell himself"I don't have a problem."Meanwhile outside,Ruth looks up and prays"Please save my family.Save them before it's too late."
  Back at the hospital,Beth and Pedro arrives in the ER and Beth is shocked to see the extent of Bren's injuries.The nurse yells"Her vitals are dropping."Beth asks Pedro"What's her chances?"Pedro tells her"She's lost alot of blood as well as the baby she was carrying."Beth wipes the tears from her eyes and the nurse asks her"Who do we need to call?Her family should be here."Beth tells the nurse"I'll handle that.Put her on life support now!"The nurse reminds Beth"Only a patient's family or the patient thereself  can make a decision."Beth grabs the nurse by the arm and sternly states"I'm her grandmother,and this is my hospital!If you want a job,do as I say."The nurse follows orders as Pedro takes Beth out into the hall and Beth cries"She can't die without knowing her parents.I won't let that happen."Pedro consoles her and asks her"Are you up to calling Xavier or Desi?"Beth tells him"I'll call them.I've got to make things right with my son."She leaves for her office and Pedro watches over Bren as the staff preps her for life-support.
  Meanwhile At The Motor Lodge,Michael asks Rodney about what happened and Rodney tells him"Christian was here when I returned,we got into a huge argument over Bren and he pulled a gun on me.I pulled mine out and aimed at him and then Bren came in the room...."Rodney stops and Michael asks"Did you accidentally shoot her?"Rodney falls down and cries"Oh my god son,What have I done?"The police arrives and they read Rodney his rights as he's arrested for the murder of Christian Gilham and for shooting Bren Gilham."Michael begs his father to call an attorney.Rodney stops Michael and tells his son"I did this Michael.It's time I owe up for what I've done."Rodney's carried to jail and Michael makes a phone call.
  Beth returns to the ER and Pedro asks her"Did you call them?"Beth nods her head and the nurse tells Beth and Pedro"She won't make it.Beth tells the nurse"I know that!She deserves to meet her parents before she dies."Outside the ER,Xavier and Desi looks through the window at Bren and Desi  asks Xavier"If she dies,I won't forgive myself or Beth."Desi breaks down and cries and Xavier consoles her,telling her"Mother's not perfect but she'll do what she has to do to save her."He consoles Desi as Beth walks out and tells them in a somber tone"She doesn't have long left.Tell her.For all of us."

No comments:

Post a Comment