Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 53. The Heat

  At Jackson Inc,Xavier returns to his office to find Ava waiting for him.He asks Ava"So it looks like you made your decision."Ava smiles and hugs her brother telling him"Winston and I are over.I'm ready to take on the world!"Xavier congratulates Ava and asks Ava"Do you have a lawyer to help you break the bank?Ava smirks"You should already know I've got my bases covered.I'm the daughter of B.R. Jackson and your sister."Xavier sits at his desk and smiles and tells his sister"I love your enthusiasm Ava.How's Jack taking the divorce?"Ava tells Xavier"He knows about what happened with Jamie and Chant and Winston.He supports my decision."Xavier warns Ava"You know how the old geezer works sis,and the fact that Jack isn't his biological son will make him likely to bring up something that Jack really doesn't need to know."Ava agrees but assures Xavier"I trained my Jackson well.He knows how to play the game.He'll be a great leader someday."
  Michael arrives at Lane's and finds Desi in her office and Desi notices something disturbing Michael and asks him"What's wrong?"Michael tells his mother"Dad's not well."Desi sarcastically responds"He's in jail Michael.It's not the motor lodge."Michael tells Desi"Xavier's taking out his anger on Dad."Desi tells Michael"Xavier has never liked Rodney.He's mourning Bren in his own way son."Michael yells"How does killing my father help Xavier Jackson mourn?He's got the ALPD paid off to kill him!"Desi shrieks"What the hell are you talking about?"Michael then tells Desi"Dad told me that Xavier paid him a visit with his thugs and had him nearly killed!"Desi doesn't believe it and asks Michael"Are you asking me to bail your father out of jail?"Michael pleads"I asked Ruth for help but she refused to help me.If we don't help him,he'll die!"Desi tells Michael"Find me proof and if it turns out to be true,I'll work something out."Michael is angry and tells Desi"Mother,I know you hate him after all he's done but he's my father and my sister's father too.Does she even know about this?"Desi's silent and tells Michael"I'm busy Michael.I'll tell her soon.Just remember your father is a coward and he will always be a coward!"Michael walks out of Desi's office and slams the door.Desi then calls the ALPD and asks about Rodney.The officer tells her"Mr.Barr's doing well."Desi thanks the officer and hangs up the phone.She knows how Xavier works but doesn't want to believe that he's slowing killing the father of her children.
  At La Trattoria,Jack arrives to wait for his mother and a girl walks over to his table and flirtingly asks"We just keep running into each other,don't we?"Jack laughs and tells her"I thought you were headed to South Point Beach?"The girl tells him"I decided to come to Adam's Landing instead."Jack invites her to have a seat and she accepts.Jack asks the girl"What are you doing here in Adam's Landing."She tells him"My family's here unfortunately."Jack rolls his eyes and asks"Dysfunctional?"The girl sighs and says"The battle of the classes.None of us has a thing in common."Jack tells her"My family has their fair share of issues as well.My parents are getting a divorce and unfortunately I'm the middleman."The girl looks at Jack and tells him"Well we seem to be in the same boat.We need to form a club!"Jack laughs and asks her"What's your name?"The girl tells him"Amanda Rouse."Jack looks at her and tells her"I'm Jackson Hale but everyone calls me Jack."They shake hands and Jack asks Amanda"What are you doing tonight?"Amanda replies"A quiet night in my hotel room."Jack invites Amanda to return to La Trattoria for dinner."Amanda accepts and tells Jack with a smile"See you tonight."Jack tells her"You bet on it."
  Back at Jackson Inc,Ava asks Xavier about Sully and Xavier tells Ava"She's married now and she decided to keep the kid."Ava goes"Jared Hale?"Xavier responds"Yep.They love each other and I hope it works out."Ava tells Xavier"Jared always seemed to be the smart one in that bunch."She then changes subjects and asks Xavier"How are you dealing with Bren's death with everything that's occurred."Xavier quickly says"I'm dealing with it and we're leaving it at that!"Ava warns her brother"Don't let yourself go mad over something you had no control over.Desi should have told you about her."Xavier agrees but reminds Ava"We both know my mother though."Ava laughs and tells him"Beth goes for her guns."Ava asks him"Have you and Beth made up after finding out the truth?"Xavier assures Ava"Slowly,but it will take some time."Ava is pleased and considers telling Xavier about what she over-heard at Northbrook but decides to stay quiet,not wanting to add to Xavier's problems at the moment.Ava tells Xavier"I want to come work for the family company.You need some help and someone you can trust to help you."Xavier accepts and Ava hugs him and tells him"We're about to make history.Father would be proud."Xavier smiles and says softly"Welcome home Ava."She leaves to meet with Jack and Xavier receives a phone call from the ALPD.He hangs up the phone and pulls up the picture of Michael and Claudia and pulls up Bree's number.
   Desi arrives at the ALPD to see Rodney and the officer tells her"Ms.Lane,you're not on the list of visitors for Mr.Barr."Desi tells the officer"It's smart that you let me see him,we're still married.A wife can see her husband!"The officer takes a deep breath and briefly panics and leads Desi to the visitation room.Rodney comes in and Desi gets very angry and Rodney tells Desi"Don't worry about me.I should pay for what I've done."Desi asks Rodney"Who's behind this?Is it Xavier?"Rodney is silent and tells Desi"I was jumped by another inmate."Desi doesn't believe Rodney and tells him"I'll find out the truth.And when I do,The ALPD will get what's coming to them."Desi walks out and tells the officer"Who beat up my husband?"The officer tells her"Mr.Barr got into a confrontation with another inmate."Desi sternly tells the officer prove it."He pulls up the security camera but it's blacked-out."Desi is furious and storms out,headed to Jackson Inc.
  Ava arrives at La Trattoria and greets Jack with a hug and asks her son"Did you do what I asked?"Jack sighs in frustration and tells his mother"I don't want to be caught up in the middle of this."Ava tells Jack"Don't worry about getting caught in the cross-fire Jackie.I'm back in the fold here and everything will be ok.Winston may talk alot of nonsense,but he knows better than to get on my bad side."Ava laughs and Jack cautiously tells her"I'm on your side Mom."Ava hugs him and tells him"Just remember what I've taught you.It'll come in handy."At The Sunset Club,Michael arrives,heading to his room and spots "Amanda Rouse"at the bar,having a drink,he walks up and asks"Rachel,what are you doing here?"Rachel turns around and sees Michael and shakes her head,not excited to see him.At Jackson Inc,Xavier's in his office and he's just sent his niece Bree the pic of Michael and Claudia.Desi storms into Xavier's office enraged and yells"You cold-blooded bastard!"

No comments:

Post a Comment