Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 56. Mortality

  The paramedics brings Xavier into the Emergency Room at City Hospital with Pedro waiting for him.Beth sees her son on the stretcher and in a shocked tone building higher and higher,she says"This can't be,This can't be,NOT MY BABY!"Ruth arrives behind them and fills Beth in and Beth screams to Pedro"I'm going in there to save my son!"Pedro insists"Beth you're not in the right frame of mind at this moment.You need to be there for Sully when she finds out."Beth agrees with Pedro and heads out into the waiting room to Find Ava and Country waiting for word on Xavier's condition.Beth,on the verge of tears with Ruth by her side tells them"Xavier's been shot in the chest....I."Ava and Country looks at each other and Beth holds back her tears and tells them"He may not survive.This isn't real,Damnit this isn't real."Ruth consoles Beth and Sully walks in and asks them in shock"Is it true?"Sully sees her Grandmother's expression and Beth grabs her grand-daughter and they console each other,sobbing uncontrollably.Ruth's staying strong and motions Ava away and asks her daughter"Do you think?"Ava answers"Junior did this?I think we have alot of suspects Mama."Country walks over and tells Ava and Ruth"Junior was at The Inn last I seen him so he didn't shoot him."Ava tells them"I have a feeling Winston's behind this.And Winston will pay dearly for this!"
  In the ER,Pedro and Dr.Terrance Evans are checking Xavier and Dr.Evans tells Pedro"We're going to have to act quickly if Mr.Jackson's going to survive.I recommend surgery immediately."Pedro tells Dr.Evans"How bad is it?"Dr.Evans tells Pedro"Just a few more inches,he'd died immediately.That bullet has got to be removed."Pedro tells Dr.Evans"I'll go notify Beth and his family.I hope you know she's going to want to be in that OR by your side."Dr.Evans urges Pedro"She needs to let me do my job.She'll only be a distraction."Pedro agrees and heads to inform Xavier's family.Xavier's barely hanging on to life and Dr.Evans prepares to sedate Xavier for emergency surgery.
  Around Adam's Landing,news has began to spread of what has happened.At Lane's, Desi's in her office and turns on the TV.The newscaster breaks the news"The head of Jackson Inc and Real Estate magnate,Xavier Jackson has been shot at his home at The Jackson Estate."Desi immediately turns off the TV and rushes to the hospital.At The Inn,Brock Jr also hears the announcement and sits back with a smile on his face.Tommy arrives and Brock Jr quips"We're about to get what's rightfully ours!"Tommy tries to smile but has a look of dread.At Northbrook,Winston gets a phone call and he hangs up,also all smiles and tells himself"Karma's a bitch Xavier."He then makes another phone call and tells them something and hangs up and prepares to leave.
  Back at the hospital,Bobby arrives and he,Ava,and Country heads to a private area to discuss a plan for action.Ava takes charge and tells them"I'll be damned if my family has to go through another tragedy."Bobby informs Ava"In the event that Xavier dies,I'm the next in line to run the company."Ava tells Bobby"We'll run it together.Right now you keep the company going and try to keep concerns with the staff low.Assure them everything will be fine because my brother will survive.Trust me."Bobby heads to Jackson Inc and Ava asks Country"Who else would have wanted Xavier dead?"Country answers Ava"We know Junior would and Rodney Barr has it in for him as well."Ava sighs and tells Country"I trust you Country and I want you to do me a favor."Ava gives Country a piece of paper and a check and tells him"As the family mantra goes"We fend for our own.Let me know when you find them."Country assures Ava"The bastard that did this will die Ava!"
  Meanwhile In the waiting room,Pedro arrives to inform the family of Xavier's condition.Beth looks at Pedro,holding on to Ruth and Sully and notices a look from Pedro she doesn't want to see.Pedro tells them"Xavier's being sedated for emergency surgery as we speak.The bullet is lodged very close to his heart and if not removed,he will die."Sully asks Pedro and Beth"Will my Daddy survive?"Beth holds Sully tightly and Pedro tells all of them"It's going to be extremely risky and I'm not promising anything.But Dr.Evans and I are going to do all we can to save him."Beth is silent and looks at Pedro and tells him in a sad somber tone"I can't lose him.I just can't."Pedro gives her a kiss and heads to the OR.Beth,Sully,and Ruth all hug and Ruth leads them in prayer.In the operating room,as Dr.Evans and his staff prepares for Xavier's surgery,a spirit in white approaches Xavier.

1 comment:

  1. My guess's were totally wrong!! But sure as shootin "pun intended" Winston is behind this! I enjoyed this show and am awaiting the next show! Great job Grady!!

    Wanda Crouch

    ReplyDelete