Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 23. Passion

   It's a new day and Xavier's at Chantel's.He's at the bar and the bartender asks Xavier"Isn't it early for a drink."Xavier tells him"If I wanted someone to point that out I'd asked them!"The bartender tells him"Seems you're not too happy this morning."Xavier tells him"Just get me a Crown on the rocks.That will help."Xavier gets a phone call from Desi but he ignores her call.Desi's at her home and thinks about Xavier as well as her argument with Beth the day before.Desi has a flashback to many years ago and quickly snaps back.Michael comes in the room and asks her"What are you thinking about?'Desi replies"Nothing.Where are you off to?"Michael tells her"I'm going to the shop to talk to the team about the Fall Classic."Desi reminds him"I hope you learned something last night.You need to work things out with Bree.Don't do to her what your father's done to me.You guys have something good and I don't want to see neither of you hurt."Michael assures her"We'll work things out."He then asks her"Are you going to take Dad back?"Desi doesn't reply.She tells Michael"We'll have to see.It's a fine example of what happens when you don't realize what you have and when you do,it's gone."Michael tells her"I hope yall can work things out."He then leaves and Desi calls Xavier again to no answer.She then gets ready to leave for work.
   At The Race Shop,Frank's meeting with Chant Hale discussing a potential sponsorship for The Fall Classic in LaFayette.He tells Frank"You have a very successful team.Do you have any plans on expanding your team?"Frank tells him"After this race,I plan to have this car run full-time,albeit with another driver next year."Chant tells him"Who are you looking at hiring?We would prefer a younger driver to build around and who's also marketable as well."Frank tells Chant"The current crop of young drivers aren't as great as they were a few years ago.Most fail once they make it in the big time."Chant gives him some recommendations on who to hire and Frank mostly disagrees but sees a name he likes.Chant tells him"He's a great driver.Reminds me of you in your early years."Frank likes it and tells Chant"After this race is over,I want to meet with him and discuss a contract.I hope he and Michael can work together and lead FJR(Frank Jackson Racing)to great things.Chant tells him"I see we'll have a great relationship down the road."They shake hands and Frank tells Chant he'll have the contracts signed by the end of the day."Chant leaves and Michael arrives.Frank asks Michael"I'd thought you'd be out testing before The Fall Classic?'Michael tells him"I didn't go this morning."Frank says"Because of what happened last night?"Michael replies"Yeah."Frank tells him"Don't let that affect your performance on the track.Leave it here or else it will mess you up.Trust me I know what I'm talking about."Michael thanks him for understanding and Frank tells him"Just worry about the race and everything will work out."Frank then heads out to meet up with Claudia and reminds Michael"Worry about this weekend's race.Everything will work out."
   Xavier's arrived at his office and Desi's in his office when he arrives.He asks Desi"What the hell are you doing here?"Desi is shocked and asks him"What do you mean?What are you upset about?"Xavier tells her"I came by your house last night and Rodney and Michael was there."Desi tells Xavier"We were having a family meeting.Michael and Bree are having some issues."Xavier is curious as to know why.Desi tells him"Jamie came by and well you know.."Xavier sarcastically replies"Jamie was in heat and Michael was too?"Desi tells him"Not funny.Jamie's scared about something you know."Xavier tells her"Oh that.You remember Ava?"Desi replies"Yes I do remember it.Are you blackmailing Jamie."Xavier tells her"I'd never do such a thing.I'm more concerned about my daughter right now."Desi then asks him"How's Sully doing?"Xavier tells her"She had trouble sleeping last night but Mother's going to stay with her and she's keeping me posted."Xavier then changes the subject.He asks Desi"Are you and Rodney back together?"Desi tells him"No we're not.But we share 2 children so we will be around each other."Xavier asks her"Why is Desi Lane still married to someone who had stepped out as many times as Rodney's stepped out on you."Desi gets annoyed and tells Xavier"I don't know why X!We share something."Xavier tells her"I don't think there's anything there.Rodney was here when you returned to town and you got with him because I was gone."Desi quickly denies it.Xavier doesn't believe her.He tells Desi"I want you to tell me why you really left town years ago.Did you and Rodney elope?Was that it?"Desi tells Xavier"Rodney had nothing to do with it!I had to leave!"Xavier then gets mad and asks her"Did I do something to make you run away?We had something real between us.When you left like that it nearly destroyed me.That's why I left!"Desi apologizes and tells Xavier"I can't discuss why I left years ago.I've moved on and YOU"VE moved on too."Xavier tells her angrily"Damn right I have."He then looks at Desi and gets close and tells her"You being here for Sully and myself....I still love you Desi."Desi is speechless.She doesn't respond and tries to leave.Xavier gently grabs her arm and brings her to him and tells her"I know you love me too."He then gives her a kiss.She's shocked but follows her feelings and responds as she wraps her arms around him and they begin to kiss and they head for the couch in the office where they begin to make love.
   Meanwhile at Chantel's,Frank and Claudia are discussing Frank's meeting with Chant and Claudia asks Frank"So you are going through with this?"Frank tells her"This will be good for the team down the road.FoodStar's the largest supermarket chain in the country.It's a great deal.With this economy and all this could make FJR the premiere team in Stock Car racing.Claudia agrees but asks Frank"Do you want to get on good terms with Xavier?"Frank tells her"I do.I think we can repair our relationship and move forward.I'll always think of him as my son regardless of all that's happened."Claudia tells him"FoodStar is Jim's biggest Rival and you know how Xavier will see it.Frank tells him"Xavier will just have to understand that in my business,if someone wants to sponsor you,you take it."Claudia tells Frank"I hope things work out well but I have heard Xavier doesn't have much use for the Hale family."Frank is concerned but assures Claudia"It'll be fine."
   Back at Jackson Inc,Xavier and Desi are laying on the couch,undressed,as Xavier holds Desi and tells her"I haven't made love to any woman since Leigh died."Desi looks at him and jokes"Really?I don't believe that."Xavier gives her a kiss on her forehead and tells her"I'm serious."Desi tells him"For someone who hasn't "made love",you haven't forgotten a thing."She then kisses Xavier and he returns the kiss and then he tells her"Next time we'll rent a room at The Sunset Club or fly away."Desi tells him"I don't know if there will be a next time."Xavier is shocked and asks her"What do you mean?"Desi tells him"I've got to make a decision about Rodney.I need time to think about this."Xavier tells her"Divorce him.Old dogs don't learn new tricks,they only find them."Desi hits him softly and tells him"I don't know what to do."Xavier tells her"You deserve someone who will take care of you and be faithful to you.It's your move."Desi looks on but doesn't answer.Meanwhile,at The Motor Lodge,Rodney's in his room and he's with a girl named Bren.They are in the bed in a heated moment of passion.Back to Xavier and Desi,Xavier asks Desi"You can't seriously consider going back to Rodney after what just happened between us."Desi tells Xavier"I don't know X,I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment