Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 29. Hypocrisy

  At Jackson Inc,Xavier's in his office reading some papers,Rodney storms into Xavier's office.Xavier goes"Rodney!I haven't seen you in years!"Rodney is fuming and tells Xavier"You son of a bitch!I heard about you and my wife!"Xavier acts surprised and asks Rodney"Are we upset about something Rodney?In my opinion you have no place to speak.You should be grateful she let your sorry ass come home."Rodney gets really mad at this point and pushes Xavier.Xavier pushes Rodney into the wall and pulls out his Colt 45.He jumps on top of Rodney and sternly lets him know"I had Desi first.Desi and I have always loved each other.You brought us together last week and you're bound to do it again.I'd strongly advise you watch yourself in my presence."Rodney yells at Xavier"I'm not scared of you."Xavier tells Rodney"You should be.Get the hell out of my office before I waste a bullet on you."Rodney tells Xavier"It's not over.You stay away from my wife!"Xavier replies"You stay away from the whores in the strip clubs and maybe your wife won't need me to satisfy her!"Rodney leaves with his tail between his legs and Xavier makes a phone call to Desi.He leaves her a message"Tell your husband to watch himself.I'm known to help people disappear."
  At The Sunset Club,Ava has returned to her room and Winston isn't happy.He asks her"Didn't I tell you to stay here?"Ruth comes in the room and tells Winston"She's had breakfast with me this morning."Ava assures Winston"I wasn't out hunting down my sister if that's what's worrying you.I told you I let that go."Ruth doesn't buy that and confronts Ava about it.She tells her"Ava,Our family doesn't need another war or anymore heartache.I can't take anymore."Ruth then turns to Winston and asks him"Why are you really here?"Winston tells her"It's nice in Adam's Landing this time of year.I wanted to see the sights."Ruth tells him"I don't buy that one bit.You know about B.R's death and all the problems that my family's faced that you're sneaking in and trying to take advantage of the situation for your business."Winston tries to assure Ruth"I don't focus on the business anymore Ruth.That's Chant's job."Ruth gets real upset with Winston and tells him"You've always been a great liar.I will only tell you one time,if you are thinking what I think you're thinking..it's not going to end well.Xavier will crush you."Winston tells Ruth"Believe me Ruth,I've slowed down and I'm not down here to go into a business war with your family."Ruth doesn't believe him and tells Ava"I want you to head back home.I've got a bad feeling about this."Ava tries to assure her"I'm fine Mama."Ruth tells her"I hope so."Ruth leaves and Winston tells Ava"I want you to head back to Northbrook.There's too many chances of you running into Jamie here."Ava gets upset and yells at Winston"Are you worried about my damn sister?Or worried I'll spoil whatever plans you have against Xavier?"Winston assures her"I'm worried about you Ava!"Ava tells him"For the FINAL time,I'm fine!"Winston tells her"Ok dear."Winston tells her he's heading out.Ava gives him a hug and tells him"Go enjoy yourself Winston.I'll be here when you get home."They kiss and Winston leaves.Once outside,Winston calls his security and tells them to keep an eye on Ava and report back to him.In the room,Ava pulls out her pistol and points it at the mirror again pretending the mirror as Jamie.
  At Lane's,Desi's in her office and Rodney arrives.Rodney asks Desi"You been seeing Xavier Jackson?"Desi asks him"What are you talking about Rodney?"Rodney tells her"I overheard you and his daughter talking about it earlier.I just went to confront him."Desi gets livid and tells Rodney"YOU have NO room to speak about sleeping around!That was a one time thing while you and I was separated.Don't come in my office and start talking to me like you OWN me!You know better than that!"Desi adds"I got a message from Xavier and I will tell you one time an one time only,DON"T go antagonize Xavier.He has alot of power and resources to do things most people can only dream of."Rodney tells Desi"I'm not scared of him.I'm holding up to my end and you need to hold up to yours."Desi tells Rodney"You don't have to worry about me.I'd worry about you."Rodney is silent and apologizes for his temper.Desi tells him"I'll see you tonight Rodney."They kiss and Rodney leaves and Desi sits at her desk and pulls out a picture of her prom picture with Xavier.She looks at it with sadness in her eyes.She then puts it up and heads to the sales floor.
   Back at Jackson Inc,Country has come to see Xavier.Xavier asks Country"Where have you been Country?"Country tells him"I been at the lake X."Xavier laughs and tells him"How I'd love a vacation."Country asks Xavier how Sully is doing.Xavier tells him"She's not herself.She puts on an act around me and Mother.It'll be awhile before she gets back to herself again."Country is apologetic over Pete and tells Xavier"X,I had really thought Pete had changed his ways."Xavier tells him"Pete was a sick bastard that deserved to die.I don't want to discuss him."Country agrees with Xavier and then Xavier asks Country"I want you to keep an eye out on The Hale Family."Country asks him"Which Hale?"Xavier tells him"Chant Hale's in town and I think Big Daddy on Northbrook is trying to get his hands on Jim's.I might need someone to go pay Chant a visit."Country asks him"Want me to take him to the Storm Shelter X?"Xavier replies"Nah,I can't handle this like I did Junior.But If what I'm thinking is true.I may want you to get a welcoming committee to see him."Country laughs and tells him"I see what you're talking about.A page from B.R's book huh X?"Xavier smiles and says"Exactly.Also keep an eye on Rodney Barr."Country then gets curious and asks him"Why Rodney?Oh Desi Lane's husband.I see him all the time at Percy's."Xavier's eyes widen and he asks him"Do you ever see him at Redd's?"Country replies"Quite often.The strippers love him.Especially a girl named Bren."Xavier is all smiles and asks Country to do him some favors.Country tells Xavier"Anything for you X."Xavier then gives him a camera and tells him what he wants him to do and Country tells him"Will do"and leaves.Xavier says to himself"You don't want to mess with me Rodney.And you're about to find out."
  Winston arrives at Jamie's cottage.Jamie and Chant jump out of bed and Jamie heads to answer the door.She tells Chant"It's your father."Chant walks out on the porch and asks Winston"How did you know I was here Father?"Winston frowns and scolds Chant.He tells Chant"I think you're getting too involved with Jamie.You need to be staying at The Club and worrying about our plans."Chant tells Winston"I got my part handled.I'm just waiting for Jared."Winston is annoyed and tells Chant"Both of us are waiting on Jared.Have you spoke to him?"Chant tells him"Nope haven't heard from him today."Winston tells Chant"If Jared screws this up,I will banish him from this family."Chant's stunned and tells Winston"That's my son you're talking about."Winston gets mad and tells Chant"You'll be responsible as well.There will be enough blame to go around."Winston leaves and Chant looks on and is angry but keeps calm and returns to Jamie.Meanwhile Jared's with Sully at Chantel's having coffee and getting to know each other.Ruth finds them together but they don't see her.She says to herself"Oh my god,This is going to be very bad"and leaves to visit Xavier.Sully and Jared are discussing their families and they are bonding.Suddenly,Sully's gets sick and Jared asks her"Are you ok Sully?"Sully tells him"I don't know.I'm going to see my Grandma to have her check on it."They hug and Sully heads to see Beth.Jared worries about her and then he heads back to Jackson Inc.
  Meanwhile at Jackson Inc,Ruth arrives and tells Xavier"I've got to talk to you."Xavier asks Ruth"What's going on?"Ruth tells him"It's about the young man I've seen here and with Sully."Xavier tells Ruth"He's Jared Miller,he's here on an internship.I'm showing him the ropes."Ruth asks him"Jared Miller?"Xavier asks Ruth"Do you have a problem with Jared?"Ruth is silent briefly and tells him"Nope,I just saw him with Sully and felt you needed to know.I worry about her after what happened."Xavier tells her"I do too.Jared's a good kid.I don't believe he'd do anything to hurt her."Jared comes in the office and recognizes Ruth and Xavier notices.He asks them"Do you guys know each other?"Jared tells Xavier"Nope,I see you have a visitor so I'll head back to work."Jared heads out and is very nervous because Ruth could expose him.Xavier then asks Ruth"What aren't you telling me Grandma?I do know that Ava's married to Winston.And I already figure Chant's here trying to make a move on my company."Ruth tells Xavier"Then you likely know that Jared is Chant's son."

No comments:

Post a Comment