Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 44. Insurance

   It's later in the day and Xavier's arrived at Chantel's,after going to Frank's shop not to find him there.He sits at the bar and the bartender asks him"Crown on the rocks?"Xavier tells the bartender"That works."Sitting next to him is a lady and she asks Xavier"Rough day?"Xavier looks at her and rolls his eyes telling her"Oh yes!It's not easy being me."The lady laughs and asks him"I know the feeling."Xavier asks her"What makes it difficult for you to be you?"She tells him"Moving to a new town and getting established are difficult.I'm about to help this man contest his father's will.He's a real piece of work."Xavier's eyes widen and asks her"The will of Brock Rudolph Jackson Senior?"She is amazed and asks"How do you know about that?"Xavier tells her"I'm the man you're battling.Just so you know.You've lost this one."She asks"Your Xavier Jackson?"Xavier tells her"Yes I am.Who are you?"She tells Xavier"I'm Cara Del Mar.You seem nothing like Brock Jr portrayed you."Xavier quips"Brock Jr is a pathological liar too."She tells Xavier"I'm going to drop the case.I hate defending the guilty."Xavier tells her"That's wise."He then gives her his number and tells her"You should call me.Tell Pedro I said hello."She is shocked again and asks Xavier"How do you know that?"Xavier whispers"He's dating my mother.See you around."Xavier leaves and Cara sits at the bar trying to figure out what just happened and watches Xavier walk out,headed to The Farm to see Frank.Cara meanwhile makes a phone call to Brock Jr,telling him"Meet me at Chantel's ASAP!"
   At Percy's,Rodney meets up with Bren and tells Bren"I was fired today from my job."Bren gets upset and asks Rodney"What are we going to do?Your soon to be ex wife fired me today as well!"Rodney assures Bren"I got a plan to see to it I get what's mine from Desi."Bren asks Rodney"Did you sign the papers?Are you guys divorced?"Rodney tells her"I'm suing her for alimony.She's far better off than I am.She owes me."Bren gives him a kiss and tells him"I love it when you're ready to conquer the world."She sees Sassy and gets up to talk to her.Meanwhile Brock Jr shows up at Rodney's table and asks Rodney"So I heard earlier that you've got it in for King Xavier?Wanna help me take him down?"Rodney snarks at Brock Jr"Why would I ever help you?You framed me years ago Junior.Do you remember that?"Brock Jr gets upset but keeps his cool telling Rodney with a smile"I framed you?I don't remember that."Rodney tells him"I remember.I almost lost everything when you made it look like I raped your sister all those years ago."Brock Jr attempts to apologize but Rodney don't accept,asking Brock Jr"Who was it that raped Ava?"Brock Jr responds"I can't tell you.I had to protect him though to protect me."Rodney tells Brock Jr"You go after Xavier your way.And I'll go after him my way."Brock Jr leaves the table and Rodney wonders who Brock Jr's protecting.Meanwhile Bren stops Sassy and Sassy asks Bren"Let me guess,you're here for a job?"Bren tells Sassy"Yes and we both know I can bring in the customers."Sassy tells Bren"Why would I hire you after what you did to Desi?How do I know you wouldn't stab me in the back?"Bren gets frustrated and then asks Sassy"You mean you wouldn't re-hire your TOP waitress that's also pregnant?"Sassy sarcastically responds"Ever heard of food stamps?I'm not hiring anyone right now.Especially you."Bren hisses at Sassy"Who's paying you to black-ball me?"Sassy laughs"Nobody!Get over yourself."Sassy walks off and Bren motions to Rodney that she's ready to leave.They head out meanwhile Sassy watches on and gets a phone call.She hangs up the phone and has a sigh of relief saying to herself"It's almost over."
   Meanwhile,Xavier arrives at The Farm and knocks on the door.Frank answers and angrily asks"What the hell do you want Xavier?"Xavier tells Frank"What's wrong with you Frank?"Frank quickly snaps"Nothing's wrong."Xavier tells Frank"I hear you've joined Junior in his lawsuit."Frank gets angry and snaps back"I've got to protect my family."Xavier is suspicious and asks Frank"What does Junior have on you?Hell must be having a blizzard for you to join forces with Brock Jr."Frank gets defensive and yells"I'm doing what's right.I'm tired of you stealing from our family.This estate belongs to Daddy's children and my Mama.I'll see to it she gets her part."Xavier keeps his cool and reminds Frank"I'm B.R's heir and that will is legit.And as for Grandma,she knows she's got a home or anything she wants."Frank yells at Xavier"I don't want to talk anymore.I've got to check on something.Be gone when I get back."Xavier tells Frank"Do what you want but I'll be here when you get back."Frank throws up his hands in frustration and walks off as Xavier looks on at Frank with suspicion.Xavier notices a pill bottle by Frank's chair and notices it's a high dosage of Oxycontin.His worse fear is confirmed and when Frank returns to the room,Xavier asks Frank"What's this?"Frank gets angry and yells"Give them to me!"Xavier tells Frank"You got a problem.Pull yourself together before you destroy yourself."Frank tells Xavier"I'm not addicted to them.Don't judge me!"Xavier throws the bottle at Frank and tells him"Your mother knows something isn't right with you.Pull yourself together."Xavier leaves and Frank looks on but ignores Xavier's warning and pops 2 more pills and says to himself"I don't have a damn problem."
   At Chantel's,Brock Jr meets up with Cara and asks her"What did you want to discuss beautiful?"Cara quips"Don't make me sick."Brock Jr is insulted and angrily tells Cara"You work for me!I'll say whatever I want to you."Cara snaps back"And I quit because I don't defend the guilty."Brock Jr explodes and yells at Cara"What the hell do you mean saying you don't defend the guilty.That's your damn job."Cara hisses"You don't have a case.I've never lost a case and I'm not about to lose one now."Brock Jr reaches out to grab Cara and he's pulled back forcefully by Pedro,telling Brock Jr"Don't ever let me catch you try that again!"Brock Jr yells at Cara"We're not done yet!"Cara ignores him and tells her father"Thank you Dad."Pedro hugs her and tells her"Is he the client you were talking about?"Cara sighs"Was.I quit."Pedro smiles and tells Cara"You're a smart woman.Your mother and I raised you well."Cara looks at Pedro and changes the subject,asking Pedro"So I hear you're dating again?"Pedro is silent and doesn't answer.Cara tells him"I know who she is father."Pedro tells Cara"I didn't know how to tell you."Cara tells Pedro"It's ok.Mother's moved on.It's right that you have to.As long as this woman makes you happy,that's all that counts."Pedro hugs her and they leave to catch up.
  At the Motor Lodge,Bren and Rodney returns and both of them are uncertain as to the future.Bren asks Rodney"Who's black-balling us?"Rodney replies"I think it's Xavier.He has it in for me."Bren asks"Why would he have anything against me?I haven't done anything to him."Rodney tells her"You're with me and that's all it takes to get on his bad side.I'll see to it he gets his due."He then pulls out a pistol and Bren freaks out asking Rodney"What are you planning?"Rodney doesn't answer.At Percy's,Sassy meets up with the person she was talking to on the phone earlier and it's Beth.Sassy tells Beth"I'm glad you're buying this place.I'm tired of this dive."Beth tells her"I've always wanted to own my own restaurant.Would you stay and run it?I'll make it worth your while."Sassy accepts and they finalize the transaction,Beth now owns Percy's and tells Sassy"I like you.You remind me of myself in my younger days."Sassy laughs and asks Beth"You used to run a diner?"Beth says"You've got character and you're smart.This place is about to be bouncing and we'll make this place the best restaurant in Adam's Landing."Brock Jr arrives at Frank's and tells Frank"Time for plan B."Xavier arrives home at Hell Hill and makes a phone call telling the person on the other line"Is everything ready?"Xavier gets his answer and makes a phone call to Sully.

No comments:

Post a Comment