Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 49: Agony

   It's the next morning and at City Hospital,Xavier and Desi returns to check on Bren,who's on life support with no chance of survival after being shot twice by Rodney and Christian.They come into her room and notice Bren's gone.Xavier asks the nurse"Where is she?"The nurse replies"She died last night."Both Xavier and Desi looks at the nurse with a look of anger and Desi reminds the nurse"The family are the ones who makes that decision."The nurse tells them"The patient's uncle came here and made that decision."Desi breaks down in tears and Xavier holds her and Desi cries"I will never forgive myself for not raising her myself.If I'd kept her,all of our lives would have been so much different."Xavier holds her and doesn't say a word."Xavier tells her"I'm going to talk to Mother and find out more."Desi wants to go as well but Xavier gently tells her"Let me talk to her.She did everything she could to save her."Xavier heads to Beth's office and Desi sits in the chair by the Bed,puts her hands over her eyes and mourns the loss of the daughter she never knew.Xavier holds in his emotions and makes a text,texting"You owe me a favor."
  At Hell Hill,Jared walks into the bedroom and wakes Sully up with a kiss and she awakens to find he's brought her breakfast and a present.Sully smiles and compliments him"I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world to have a man like you."Jared tells Sully"Open your gift first."Sully opens it to find a key."She asks him"What's this key to?"Jared tells her"Your father's giving us his penthouse downtown.He told me it was his wedding present to us."Sully smiles and gives Jared a kiss and tells him"That's a surprise.I'll have to thank him later."Sully gets the remote to turn on the television and the news is on and they listen on as the newsman reads"Last night Bren Gilham,long lost daughter of Xavier Jackson and Desi Lane was announced dead this morning after being shot twice by fiancee and estranged husband of Desi Lane,Rodney Barr and her husband Christian Gilham after walking into a confrontation between the two men."Sully turns the TV off and looks at Jared and asks him"Did you know about this?"Jared answers her"I'm just as shocked as you are."Sully is angry and gets out of bed and yells at Jared"Desi Lane's long lost child was my sister!And it was that bitch Bren Gilham!"Jared tells his wife"Maybe that was what your father was going to tell you last night at dinner?"Sully gets dressed and tells Jared"I'm going down to the office and get to the bottom of this!"Jared offers to come along but Sully declines the offer telling Jared"I'm handling this one on my own!"She leaves and Jared heads out as well,following Sully,worried about the toll this revelation could take on her after what she's been through as well as the fact she's pregnant.
   In Beth's office,Xavier walks in and Beth's at her desk and Xavier tells her"Bren's dead."Beth gets furious and tells her son"I didn't tell them to take her off life support Xavier."Xavier believes his mother and Beth calls Pedro,asking him"Who gave the orders to take Bren Gilham off of life support?"She gets the answer and hangs up the phone and tell Xavier"Her Uncle was called and gave the order."Xavier is puzzled and asks Beth"Where's her adoptive parents?"Beth tells him"They left when she was a child and she was raised by her Uncle."Beth then asks"How's Desi handling all of this?"Xavier tells his mother"How would you expect her to be handling this?Her emotions are all over the place."Beth asks Xavier"How are you dealing with this?"Xavier looks at his mother and doesn't say a word.He is very shaken by everything and Beth grabs him in a hug and tells her son"This is all my fault son.I should have never kept this from you."Xavier tells Beth"I understand why you did what you did Mother.I just wish I knew now what I knew then."Beth tells Xavier"I made a mistake that I'll never be able to take back and I'll never forgive myself for it.But whatever you or Desi needs,I'm here for you."Xavier tells Beth"Give Desi some space.I'll take care of her.You just be here for me."He walks out of the room and Beth sits at her desk and cries.
   At the ICU,Desi walks out of Bren's room and overhears a conversation at the nurses station.The nurses are talking about Bren's death and Desi hears something that enrages her.She yells at them"You did WHAT!"The nurses tell Desi"Why should you care that the world knows.Should everyone have pity because the daughter you didn't want is dead?"Desi grabs the nurse and hisses"I will see to it all of you lose your jobs over this!Mark my words."Xavier returns and pulls Desi off the nurse and asks them"What the hell is going on?"Desi tells Xavier"This woman just made some money off of our tragedy."The TV's on and the story airs once again and Xavier gets infuriated and yells"Who told the press about this?"Neither nurse admits it but both has a look of guilt.Xavier coldly tells them"I will see to it that both of you pay for this!"He writes down their names and tells Desi"I haven't told Sully about Bren yet."Sully storms in the ICU and yells at Xavier and Desi"So Bren Gilham was my sister?Oh my god!"

No comments:

Post a Comment