Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 40. Disbelief

   In Beth's office at City Hospital,Desi's outside standing at the door listening in as Xavier asks his mother"What about Desi Lane?Why are you bringing her up?"Beth tells Xavier"There's something I need to tell you about her that I should have done a long time ago."Xavier is shocked and asks Beth"What did she do?"Beth tells him"When you were in Blue Ridge that summer after graduation interning with Dad at the store,Desi slept with Rodney Barr."Xavier looks at Beth and tells her"That's past tense.Why should I care about that.I know about the affair."Beth is shocked and then scared and Xavier asks Beth"Mother what's wrong?"Beth then tells Xavier"When Desi had the one night stand with Rodney,she got pregnant."Xavier's eyes widen and he stares at Beth and says in a state of shock"What the hell?"Beth then tells Xavier"She gave it up also."Desi storms in the office and tells Beth"If you're going to tell Xavier,get your facts straight."Beth is stunned and Xavier is in shock over the Revelation and has a thought and he turns and looks at Desi.
   Sully makes a stop at Lane's on her way to the airport.She walks in and notices Bren and Rodney kissing.They don't notice Sully and it provides the opportunity to snap a picture,a plan of payback to Bren which Sully takes with ease.Sully walks out of the store and Bren and Rodney stops and Bren asks Rodney"When are you going to tell Desi?"Rodney tells her frustrated"I don't know when I'm going to tell her.When I do,it's over."Bren tells Rodney"I have something to tell you.I'm pregnant."Rodney is shocked and asks her"Is it mine?"Bren smiles and says"Yes it is."Rodney is stunned and goes"Oh my god.I'm done."Meanwhile,Sully arrives at Adam's Landing International and is in line waiting to board the plane,Someone pokes her on the shoulder,She turns around to find Jared,He tells her"Weekends aren't enough."Sully tells Jared"I need this.I need to go home where I'm familiar with things and decide for myself."Jared tells her"Your home is here with your family.And me."Sully tells him"I'm only a text away."Jared then pulls out a ticket and tells her"I'm going with you It looks like."Sully tries to be upset but smiles at Jared and holds his hand as they board the plane,heading to Blue Ridge to make the biggest decision of her life."
   Back at City Hospital,Xavier asks Beth and Desi"What do I need to know?"Beth tells Xavier"I found a DNA test and you came back as the father."Xavier is silent.Desi slaps Beth in fury and yells at her"What about your part Beth?"Beth tells Desi"I did what I had to do!"Xavier asks Beth"Did you know about this for all this time and keep this from me?"Desi tells Xavier"Your mother offered me a large sum of money to leave town immediately in order to keep this a secret.I got sick one night and had to go to the emergency room after getting sick and your Mother was my doctor."Beth meanwhile has a look of guilt and is silent while Xavier is silent also and looks at Beth with anger as well as Desi,as the continues..(Flashback:A young Desi is in the ER awaiting Beth to return to tell Desi what's making her sick.Beth arrives and is stunned and angry and hisses"You whore.How dare you hurt my son by having a piece of trash like Rodney Barr's child.When were you going to tell MY son?"Desi is shocked and asks"I'm pregnant?"Beth walks closer to Desi and gets in her face telling her"I see right through your scheme.Don't play this with me!"Desi starts to cry and tells Beth"The baby is your grand-child.It's Xavier'."Beth slaps Desi and yells"You're a lying little bitch.Your not welcome in my family!Nor is your bastard child!I WILL tell Xavier about this!"Desi begs"Let me tell him.Please."Beth hisses"He will NOT raise a child that belongs to another man!I will not allow it.I won't tell him under one condition,that you leave town immediately,I won't tell Xavier about this."Desi stares at Beth and asks her"How am I going to do that being 18 and still at home?"Beth tells her"I'll provide you a place,but that's all I'll do."Desi,scared and not wanting Xavier to ever know about this especially with the thought of Rodney being the baby's father and losing Xavier,accepts Beth's offer with alot of regret.)Xavier is furious and asks Beth calmly"You ran Desi out of town?Because of Desi's one night stand?I was with Desi the night before she got sick and went to the hospital.She was fine and we had sex that night.THAT"S MY CHILD!"Xavier then asks"Tell me who is it?"He asks Desi"Did you abort our child?"Desi and Beth are silent and Xavier is breaking up over this Revelation.
   At Lane's,Rodney tells Bren"I don't know whether to be happy or sad.I don't need this right now."Bren tells Rodney"This is your chance to start over.With me and our child."Rodney tells Bren"I can't promise you I can be there for this kid.Desi and I have a family and we have history.This is our last shot at happiness."Bren yells at him"Your kids are grown Rodney.I need you now.I want our baby to have a mom and a dad.I didn't have that growing up."Bren begins to cry"I had to practically raise myself when my parents left me with a uncle when I was a kid and I never knew what it was like to have a Mom or a Dad around to love you and be there for you.I want our kid to have that."Rodney consoles her and gives her a hug and tells her"I will be there for you,and our child.I will find a way."Meanwhile back at City Hospital,Xavier is furious and holding his temper as Beth walks over to the desk and pulls out the DNA test.She hands them to Xavier and Desi looks along with Xavier and both are equally stunned as they find out their child is....Bren Gilham.

No comments:

Post a Comment