Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 16. Decisions And Jealous Eyes

  At The Sunset Club,the press from the sports world has gathered to hear Frank's announcement.Claudia talks to Frank and asks him"Are you sure you want to do this?"Frank tells her"Yes,I need this."Michael joins them and tells Frank"I'm glad it's all over.Now we can get back to racing."Frank says"Yep,contracts are a headache but I'm glad you're staying with the team Mike."Claudia asks Frank"Are you sure you want to drive again after retiring 10 years ago.Frank tells Claudia"I feel like I got one more in me.I'm going to do it and don't talk me out of it."Claudia tells Frank"I just worry about you Champ."Frank tells her"I know you do.Let's get started."Claudia signals the press and Frank gets ready to make his announcement.
  At Hell Hill,Xavier looks at Country and goes"Pete Myers?Why do you think I'd even care?"Country tells him"Pete looked up to you when we were younger.He's moved back to Adam's Landing and needs work.I told him you'd hire him."Xavier gets mad and tells Country"Don't tell people,especially Pete,I'll Hire them.I don't have any desires to be around Pete.If I did hire him though,remember if he messes things up,I'll mess you up."Country tells Xavier"What do I tell him?"Xavier tells him"Tell him I'm not hiring!"Country gets upset and tells Xavier"X,what do you have against Pete?"Xavier tells him"I don't trust him."Xavier then tells Country to head on because he's got something to do.Country leaves and shortly afterwards there's a knock at the door.It's Russell Marx and Xavier tells him to come on in and have a seat.Xavier then looks at Russell and goes"Long time no see Russell,I want to talk to you."
  At Lane's,Sully bumps into someone and looks up.She recognizes the person but keeps her composure.She asks the person"Can I help you find something?"The person tells her"Just looking around."and leaves.Sully's creeped out and Desi comes up and asks her if she's ok?Sully tells her she is and Desi tells Sully"Let's go have lunch."Sully accepts and they leave.Outside,the person gets a phone call telling them to come to Percy's.
  Back at Hell Hill,Xavier begins to make his move.He asks Russell"How have you been?How's Ava?"Russell tells him"I'm still working at my law firm here in town.As for Ava,I'd rather not discuss it."Xavier tells Russell"You know we're about to elect a new District Attorney.I think you'd be great at the job."Russell tells Xavier he's not interested in running for the seat.He tells Xavier"I'm backing Bree for the spot.She is what Adam's Landing needs."Xavier looks at Russell and looks up and then tells Russell"Bree does not need to be in a position of power.She absolutely has no idea how to handle it.It will hurt her."Russell asks Xavier"Why are you so worried about Bree?"Xavier tells him"She'll mess up years of family tradition and I will not stand back and allow it!If she's elected then she'll be sending her own mother to prison and I will see to it!"Russell tells Xavier"Don't you dare!B.R.took care of everything years ago and it needs to stay in the past."Xavier tells him"I agree.If you run for D.A.,it will stay in the past.And I can assure you a win.Just remember you will be working for me."Russell isn't sure what to say.
  Back at The Sunset Club,Frank makes it official that he's re-signed Michael to a contract to race his cars for the next few years,with a raise.Frank then tells them"I've got an announcement of my own to make."The press grows quiet and Frank then tells them"I've decided to get back in a race car.I plan to run in the Fall Classic in LaFayette in 2 weeks."The press starts to raise their hands asking questions.Claudia then tells them"We'll make a release in the upcoming days telling you guys some more.We're still working out the details."She then concludes the meeting and she tells Frank"I still wish you weren't racing again."Frank gives her a hug and tells her"I've got to do this."She begrudgingly supports his decision.
  At Percy's Diner,Desi and Sully have lunch and Desi asks Sully about her life and her dreams.Sully tells Desi"I really would like to be a fashion designer and make clothes and you know."Desi likes it and then asks her"Does your Mother live here in town or out west?'Sully gets quiet and tells Desi"My mother died many years ago.I don't talk about it."Desi tells her"I'm sorry about that.What happened?"Sully then tells Desi about what happened and Desi's heartbroken.She tells Sully"I'm here for you Sully.Whatever you need or just a friend,I'm here."Sully thanks her and they continue to chat meanwhile at another table.Pete meets Country and asks Country"Did I get the job?"Country tells him"Nope.X isn't hiring."Pete's disappointed and tells Country"I need a break man.It's hard to make it in the world Country."Country agrees but tells Pete"I think it's because you used to work for the ALPD is why he won't hire you.X hates the Five-O."Pete tells Country"I don't work for them anymore.Tell X that for me."Country tells him he will but can't promise anything.Pete then asks Country who's the young girl with Desi at Percy's.Country tells him"That's Sully,Xavier's daughter."Pete smiles and watches her.
  Meanwhile Back at Hell Hill,Russell tells Xavier"I don't like this idea Xavier."Xavier tells him"I don't give a damn if you like it or not Russell.If you don't accept my offer,Jamie won't be the only one off to prison.You'll be right behind her."Russell gets angry and goes"Why am I going to Prison?What did I do?"Xavier laughs and tells him"You know what you did Russell.Everyone will if you don't accept my offer.If you accept,all of this stays in the past.If you don't,well you know what happens,It's a small room with bars on the windows and room-mates named Bubba and Cletus for you and Bertha and Sugar for Jamie".Russell tells Xavier"Let me get back to you Xavier."Xavier tells him"Have your decision ready by the end of the day."Russell leaves and Xavier gets his phone and makes a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment