Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight and Darkness: Episode 15. Making Moves

  The next morning at Chantel's,Desi's having a cup of coffee and suddenly feels someone's presence behind her.She turns to see Beth.Desi is shocked to see her.Beth goes"Desi Lane.The most famous woman in Adam's Landing."Desi tells Beth"I never thought I'd ever see you again."Beth replies sarcastically"I had really hoped I could say the same thing."At Hell Hill,Xavier's having his morning coffee as well and Jamie and Bree knocks at the door.Xavier answers the door and asks them"What the hell do yall want?"They let themselves inside and jump straight to Brock Jr.They want to know if Xavier did something to Brock Jr and Andy and Tommy.Xavier tells the both of them"I didn't do anything to them.I don't keep up with yall's vendettas and outcasts.Jamie tells Xavier"I haven't heard from Brock or the boys."Xavier stops her and goes"Why are you worried?I think they left town."Bree asks Xavier why he wrote a check to the ALPD the week before.Xavier tells the both of them getting agitated"I didn't do anything to Junior or his minions.They likely left town since they were left out in the cold."Bree asks again about the check and Xavier tells her"A nice gesture from me to the Department."He then points at the door and tells them to leave.Bree tells him she's looking into it and Xavier tells her"I'd worry about my election rather than finding a gang of losers."Bree bites her tongue and she and Jamie leaves.Xavier then calls Bobby and asks him about his meeting with Russell.Bobby tells him that he's going to meet with them later at the office.Xavier hangs up the phone then says to himself"Bree,you're playing with the wrong man."
  At Percy's Diner,Country's having a huge breakfast and sees someone at the bar.He walks up,and yells"Pete?Pete Myers?"Pete turns around and goes"Country?"And then they shake hands and Pete joins Country at his table.Country asks Pete's where he's been.Pete tells Country"I lived in Valley Ridge most recently to care for my mama.Just got back into town."Pete and Country are childhood friends as well over the years.Country tells Pete"X's returned to town.I work for him now."Pete goes"Really?What are you doing for X?"Country tells him"Anything he asks basically.It's a great job.If he hears you're back in town,he'll hire you too after I put a word in for you."Pete tells him to do it and to get back with him.Pete leaves his number with Country and heads out to check out the town.Country calls Xavier and leaves him a message.
  Back at Chantel's,Beth asks Desi if she ever got married.Desi tells her"Yes,I got married and got two children.My son's racing in the stock car circuit and my daughter's off at private school."Beth smiles and tells her"That's just wonderful.I bet you and your husband are really happy."Desi is annoyed but stays calm and goes"Oh yes Beth,we're so happy.How's Xavier?I met his daughter yesterday.Did he return to town as well?"Beth goes"Yes he did and he's real happy.Good to see you Desi."Beth then leaves and Desi has a look of worry.She then gets a phone call from the P.I. she's hired to keep an eye on her husband Rodney.He informs her that he spotted Rodney at a club called "Redd's" on the edge of town the other evening. Desi's concern continues to grow and tells the P.I. to keep her posted.She then heads to the store.
  Back at Hell Hill,Xavier's in the library and has a thought and makes a phone call.He asks the person"Did they arrive?"The person tells him"Yes they did.'Xavier tells him"Great."and hangs up.Sully comes through briefly not wanting to be late for work.Xavier tells her"Slow down,you act like you're on a hot date."Sully tells him"I'm too excited to start work today for Ms.Lane.It's going to be so awesome."Xavier tells her"You can learn a lot from her.Always make sure to enjoy yourself in whatever you do or else it'll be"work"."She tells him"Always."and leaves.Xavier then gets ready to leave and Country comes in and tells Xavier"Guess who I seen this morning at Percy's"Xavier asks him"The President?Percy?"Country laughs at him and goes"Pete Myers."Xavier's shocked and goes"Pete?"
  Sully's arrived at Lane's and meets up with Desi.Desi gives her a run-through on what she wants her to do in the store which will mostly be working the sales floor assisting customers.Sully is ready to start work and tells Desi"I catch on fast."Desi tells her"I really look forward to working with you.You will be a great asset and should move up quickly."She pats Sully on the back and heads to her office.Sully then goes to assist customers meanwhile outside,someone's looking through a window,and notices Sully.They then walk inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment