Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 28. Setbacks And Opportunity

   It's a rainy morning in Adam's Landing,Beth arrives at the hospital and stops by Frank's room.Beth comes in his room and asks him"How are you feeling this morning?"Frank replies to her"I hurt like hell.I'm ready to head back to the farm."Beth tells him"Hopefully Dr.Del Mar can give you a good report so you can be released."Frank tells her"I appreciate you being there for Mama during all of this Beth."Beth is shocked and tells Frank"That's the first compliment you've given me since we were married."Frank tells her"I made my mistakes over the years but Mama always had a soft spot for you."Beth tells Frank"She loves you Frank,but when it comes to your sister,I won't allow her to give Ruth any grief."Frank tells Beth"I really thought Jamie had learned by now but I was wrong.I have no idea what it'll take to get her to open her eyes."Beth looks at him and tells him"You worry about getting well.Jamie's grown.She can worry about herself."Frank disagrees with Beth and Beth just keeps the peace telling him"You just rest and not worry about Jamie."She then leaves and Frank tries to rest.Beth is heading towards her office and runs into Jamie.Beth stops her and tells her sternly"You let Frank rest up so he can be released.He doesn't need your drama!"Jamie tells Beth"You stay out of it."Beth looks at her and tells her"You should be thankful to have your brother backing you."Jamie hisses back"I can take care of myself Beth!"Beth walks away and mutters to herself"And we know how that works."
   Xavier and Sully are having a nice breakfast at The Sunset Club,Sully tells Xavier"Jared Miller came by last night to discuss something with you."Xavier asks her"Did he say what he wanted to discuss?"Sully tells him"Nope.We talked though."Xavier gets curious and asks her"What do you think about Jared?He's smitten with you.You should have dinner with him sometime."Sully blushes and Xavier laughs"I think someone's crushing.."Sully yells "NO I'M NOT!"Xavier tells Sully"I'm your father,I know you too well."Sully then tells him"Maybe slightly."Desi comes over to the table and asks Sully how she's doing?Xavier gives Desi an evil look and Sully catches it.Sully replies"I'm ok.I'm coming to the store today."Desi tells her"I'm looking forward to seeing you back.Take you time coming back Sully,I don't want you to rush it."Xavier changes the subject and asks Desi"Shouldn't you be at Percy's with what's his name?"Sully looks at the both of them and Desi gets annoyed.She tells Sully"I'll see you later".Desi looks at Xavier and he gives her another evil glare as she walks away.Sully asks Xavier"What was up with that?You were downright rude.What's going on?"Xavier tells her"It's between Desi and myself."Sully asks him"What happened?"Xavier tells her"We were in love many many years ago.She left town one day and never told me why or for what reason.I went to Blue Ridge shortly afterwards."Sully's really interested and asks"Did she elope with Rodney?"Xavier replies"I have no idea.I just moved on and met your mother.Didn't look back until returning to town."Sully then asks him"Are you seeing Desi behind Rodney's back?"Xavier then tells Sully about what happened at the office.
  At Percy's Diner,Rodney's having breakfast as well as Ruth and Ava.At Ruth and Ava's table,Ruth asks Ava"Why did you come to town?"Ava replies"Because you were here."Ruth tells Ava"If you wanted to see me you could have come to the condo once I returned."Ava tells Ruth"Winston's in town and that was another reason why I come.I missed him."Ruth rolls her eyes and tells Ava"As far as I know,nobody knows you're married to Winston Hale.I'd rather keep it from Xavier."Ava asks Ruth"Why would Xavier have an objection to me being with Winston?Ruth looks at Ava and holds her hand and tells her"Business Ava...Xavier is the spitting image of B.R. when it comes to business.The last thing this family needs is another war."Ava tells Ruth"Winston isn't interested in starting any wars.He's slowed down and doesn't focus on the business anymore."Ruth looks at her but she doesn't buy it.Meanwhile,Rodney's at the bar and Bren sits down with him.Rodney tells Bren"We're going to have to cut things off.Desi and I are going to work things out and try to save our marriage."Bren is disappointed and tells Rodney"She only controls you Rodney.You will never be more than what you are staying with her."Rodney tells Bren"We have children and over 20 years of marriage,it's alot to throw away,especially when she's in the driver's seat."Bren doesn't like what she hears and begins to cry.Rodney consoles her and tells her"Just because Desi and I are back together doesn't mean we can't still see each other.We'll have to be more cautious and unsuspecting."He then gives Bren something and they kiss and Bren leaves and Rodney leaves for work.
   Back at the hospital,Beth's in her office and Dr. Pedro Del Mar comes in.He tells Beth"I got Frank's report back and he''s getting released today."Beth is glad.She tells Pedro"I just hope he does as the doctor says and to REST!"Pedro then changes the subject and tells Beth"I hope you listen to the doctor as well."Beth is surprised and asks Pedro in a flirting manner"And what does the doctor recommend?"Pedro asks her"Would you have Dinner with me at The Sunset Club?You need a night out."Beth accepts it but jokingly tells him"Don't think you can just have your way with me."Pedro replies"I promise.I'll behave."with a devilish grin.Beth smiles and tells Pedro"You need to go give Frank that report so I can finish up some things here.You distract me."He tells her"I know what you mean.Off to work."She blows him a kiss and he blows her one back and she sits back in her chair all smiles.Meanwhile in Frank's room,Frank and Jamie are having a talk about Jamie's one night stand with Michael and Frank tells Jamie"You need to pull yourself together Jamie.You may have just ruined your relationship with Bree."Jamie tells Frank"We'll work things out.We've always overcome our issues."Frank looks at her and tells her"I don't think it'll be that easy after sleeping with her husband."Jamie gets really defensive and tells Frank"Michael made the first move Frank!I didn't."Frank gets upset with her and tells Jamie"You need to admit your mistakes.If you don't you'll lose Bree forever.Haven't you learned anything?"Jamie tells Frank"I've got to go."Frank tells her"You need to really look back and think about what you've done and how not to make the same mistakes.I can't be there for you each time you fall."Jamie leaves and Dr.Del Mar arrives and tells Frank"You can go home today Mr.Jackson."Frank is ecstatic and is ready to leave but Dr.Del Mar warns him"You need to rest for awhile before getting back to normal."Frank gets cocky and tells him"I'll be fine.I've survived worse."Dr,Del Mar tells him"Just come back in a few days so we can do a follow-up."He then leaves and Frank makes a phone call to Claudia to tell her of his release.
  At Jackson Inc,Xavier arrives to find Jared in his office.He asks Jared"What did you want to discuss?"Jared tells him"Don't worry about it Xavier"He tells him"I was checking out some things on Jim's competitors and I think we need to pay attention to Food Star.They're looking at opening up in Adam's Landing."Xavier assures Jared"They don't stand a chance.Winston and his puppet Chant should know better than to think they can come down here and run me out of business.They couldn't in Blue Ridge and they won't here."Jared tells him"I agree Xavier and then Jared heads out.Once outside of Xavier's office,Jared gets a phone call from Winston asking him if he's got the plans.Jared doesn't respond and heads back to work.
  At Lane's Desi's in her office going over some files and Sully comes in the office and Desi asks Sully"What's wrong Sully?"Sully is angry and asks Desi"Where do you get off making love to my Father and then running away?"Desi looks at Sully in shock and calmly tells her"It's a long story.There's alot involved there that is best left in the past."Sully tells Desi"I want to know about your past with my Father."Desi tells Sully"We were in love many years ago and I left town."Sully asks her"Why did you leave town?Rodney?"Desi has a flashback and tells Sully"It's something I want to leave in the past Sully.It's very hard to explain."Sully asks her"All I want to know is did you leave town with Rodney?"Desi tells her"No I didn't leave with Rodney!That's ALL I'm going to say!"Sully tells her"I'll look over this for now.We all make mistakes.But please don't hurt my father again!"Desi tells her"That's the last thing I'd ever want to do Sully."Sully believes her and they begin to talk.Outside Desi's office,Rodney's fuming after what he's just over-heard.He drops a bouquet of roses in the trash and heads off to confront Xavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment