Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 134. Against The Odds

   At FJR,Frank sits in his office with Bobby and Jared discussing Frank's plans regarding the next race at Valley Ridge.Bobby asks Frank"Have you found any replacements for Cale and Allison?"Frank shrugs and says"I may need a permanent replacement for Allison after what I learned from Olivia.She may never be back in a car and Class wants a female driver behind the wheel."Cale arrives and walks in on the meeting and tells them"I'll drive this weekend with this broken leg for Allison if I have to."Frank gets frustrated and tells his son"How many times do I have to tell you that you are going to be out of the car for awhile.At least 2 weeks."Cale responds"I can deal with it Dad.I have tackled worse than a broken leg."Frank waves his hand and yells"You're out for 2 weeks Cale.We need to find replacement drivers or else this season is done!"Jared tells Frank"Xavier has made it known that he will sponsor FJR,regardless of what happens."Frank looks down and gets up and looks at a trophy in his office of his last win as a driver.Bobby asks Frank"Are you thinking what I think you are?"Cale says"Dad should drive in the next race.He'd be perfect."Bobby doesn't agree nor does Jared,as Frank is silent and sits back down and goes down a list of available drivers.Frank looks at everyone and says"I worked too damn hard to let my team fall.If I have to drive again,I will do it."Bobby and Jared warns Frank"Remember you had a massive heart attack.You won't be cleared."Frank sternly says"That can be taken care of.I will drive one of the cars.Now I just have to find a second driver."Cale gets excited and yells"The legend himself is about to drive again!"Bobby looks at Cale as does Frank and says"I think you'll be the only one that shows any enthusiasm.Frank adds"I know two people that will not be happy with what I'm about to do.Bobby and Jared looks at Frank and asks"How are you going to tell them?"Frank responds"I'll handle that."Cale hugs his Father and Frank takes a deep breath and says"I am going to drive again and nothing's going to stop me."Jared heads off and Bobby stays behind as Frank tells him"I want you to find a doctor to clear me for the race."Bobby tells Frank"I don't want to do this,but I will."Frank thanks Bobby and he leaves and it's Frank and Cale and Cale asks Frank"Please let me drive Dad?Please for Allison?"Frank snaps and says"Cale it won't work and give it up!Help me find her replacement.I'm driving your car."Cale agrees and they begin to talk strategy.
   At City Hospital,Sassy arrives in Winston's room as Ava is by his side as is Jack and Ava asks"When did you become a nurse?"Sassy replies"I just got my degree and I'm going to be working here at the hospital."Winston asks Sassy"Are you going to let me go home?"Sassy looks at him and says"You are recovering and I think you'll be released today once Terrance clears it."Sassy reads over his chart and says"Dr.Olivia North wrote that you still have to have a few more chemo treatments before you get back to 100%.Winston rolls his eyes and shrugs"Anything to be well again."Sassy leaves and heads across the hall to Burt's room and notices he's gone."Sassy is frantic and walks up to the nurse's station and asks"Where's Burt Corbin?"The nurse responds"He checked himself out this morning."Sassy heads up to Terrance's office and bumps into Olivia and Olivia asks"Sassy Shane?"Sassy looks and says"Aren't you Desi's sister?"Olivia rolls her eyes and says"Adam's Landing may have grown,but everybody still knows everybody."Sassy asks Olivia"I seen where you're Winston's doctor and he wants to head home."Olivia reads his chart and tells Sassy"He can go home today.I'm going to help Terrance out.He's not himself."Sassy tells Olivia"Go tell the grumpy old man he can go home and I'm going to check on Terrance."Olivia tells her"I'm glad to see you're out of Percy's."Sassy says to Olivia"I'm glad you're back in town."Olivia heads down the hall to release Winston and Sassy heads to Terrance's office.
   Meanwhile at Class,Sully arrives in her office and sees someone waiting for her.Sully asks the girl"Are you the person that my Manager told me about earlier?"Summer responds"Yes I am.I want to work here."Sully doesn't know Summer due to being raised in Blue Ridge and she asks Summer"I believe in giving everyone a chance.Could you start tomorrow?"Summer says with a smile"I can start now."Sully tells Summer"I need to teach you some things about this store first before we go forward.Desi Lane can pop up at any time and stir up trouble and if she ever arrives,call me ASAP."Summer nods and says"She's a real bitch.I know about her."Sully quips"So does Adam's Landing."Summer and Sully shakes hands and Summer walks out and Sully sits quietly for a moment,as she reads Summer's resume and says"Summer Marx?Marx?"Sully is silent and says"Jamie's daughter."
  Meanwhile at Chantel's,Desi is sitting alone as Chant has left and Jesse arrives and asks Desi"How did your meeting go?"Desi smiles and says"I'm about to get my family company back.I am going to enjoy this."Desi asks Jesse"Have you seen Michael yet today?"Jesse tells her"He called me earlier and he's going to visit Allison."Desi rolls her eyes in dread.As for Michael,he arrives at City Hospital and walks into Allison's room,as Allan is at her bedside and Allison sees Michael and is silent for a moment and slurs"You wrecked me?"Allan asks Michael"Are you the one that caused Allison all this?"Michael says to them"That's racing.It happens."Allison gets upset and Allan tells Michael calmly"You need to leave.Just go back where you came from."Michael looks at Allan and says"And who are you to tell me what I can and can't do.You're not her Father,why are you here you washed up rocker?"Allan gets up and tells Allan"If you don't take your ass out of this room right now,I am going to throw you out the window.And then you'll be washed up!"Allison meanwhile gets upset and Michael looks at Allan and says"You must have been the one Aunt Olivia cheated on Uncle Charles with?Looks like Olivia wasn't perfect as she made herself out to be."Allan yells"Get out!"Terrance shows up in Allison's room and sees Michael and Michael looks at Terrance and snarks"Look who showed up.Our gay,black,chief of staff."Terrance slams Michael against the wall and says"I have warned and warned you.Don't come back here."Michael laughs at Terrance and says in a mocking tone"I'm leaving now boy.I'll see you later cutie."Terrance bites his tongue as Michael walks out and gets angry and Allan asks Terrance"If I see him again,I'm kicking his ass."Terrance responds"I'll help."Terrance checks on Allison and Allison slurs to Terrance"I can't feel my right side."Terrance looks at Allan and asks him"Where's Olivia?"Allan responds"She went to discharge Winston."Terrance tells Allison"What I have to say isn't good.Your injury was worse than we first thought.Your Mother didn't want you to know the severity of it but your career may be over."Allison has a look of fear and says to Terrance"It's not over yet.I haven't even started."Terrance is silent and looks at Allison as Allan grabs Allison's hand and Allison realizes the realization of what has happened and starts to cry and Terrance tells Allison"You may be able to drive again,but it will be next to impossible."Allan tells Terrance to give Allison some space,which Terrance obliges and Allison looks at Allan and asks"Is he serious?"Allan nods and Allison is silent,with a look of defeat and anger.
  Meanwhile back at FJR,Frank and Cale are in the shop,looking at Allison's car and Cale tells Frank"She has a long road ahead of her."He asks his Father"Have you ever known of any drivers coming back successfully from what Allison's facing?"Frank sighs and puts his arm around Cale and says somberly"I had a friend years ago that took a hard hit and his head literally hit the wall and he never came back.He tried to drive again,but it was never the same.Jesse Adams cost him his career and he ended up committing suicide."Cale says to his Father"Is that one of the reasons you hate Jesse?"Frank tells his son"I have many reasons why I hate that son of a bitch."Meanwhile,Rashad walks in the shop and Frank and Cale turns around and Rashad asks Frank"Mr.Jackson?"Frank looks at Rashad and says"As close as our families are,you call me Frank.Why are you here?"Rashad tells Frank"I want to drive for you.After you telling me about Grandpa and his moonshining days,I want to drive stock cars for him."Frank and Cale are silent and Frank looks at Rashad and says"Are you sure?"Rashad nods and says"I feel it Frank."Frank sighs and reminds him"You've never drove a stock car before but you are Sidney Evans' grandson,so I am going to give you a chance."Rashad hugs Frank and Frank tells Cale"Here's Allison's replacement."Frank calls the team director and tells him"Arrange a test tomorrow at Adam's Landing Speedway.Rashad Evans needs some seat time."Frank looks at Cale and says"Now you'll have something to do while recovering."Cale proudly accepts and shows Rashad around the shop as Frank is now alone and says to himself"How am I going to tell Mama and Beth about what I'm going to do?"
  Meanwhile Ava,Jack,and Winston has returned home to Ava's mansion after being released.Sassy comes downstairs as Olivia has told her to stay with Winston for a few days to keep an eye on his recovery and Ava tells them"I am going down to Class later and check on things."Winston looks at Ava and says"Get out of here!You are treating me like a child!"Ava looks at Winston and says lovingly"I know how you are old man.Somebody has to do it!"Meanwhile there's a knock at Ava's door and she goes to open the door and she asks"What in the hell are you doing here?"Russell says to Ava"I'm going to take your family down and you for Jamie!"
  At Jackson Inc,Bobby and Jared are in Xavier's office as they discuss their meeting with Frank and Sully arrives and asks her husband"I see someone's working too hard.I think they need some relaxation."Bobby tells Jared"Go home.I can handle things."Sully and Jared heads back to their penthouse,and Bobby waits for them to leave before he makes a phone call to The Racing League.Bobby tells them"I got a check headed to the doctor.Frank Jackson's going to drive in this weekend's race."Bobby hangs up the phone and says to himself"Frank's going to be in hot water but I know he wants to drive again."
  Back at City Hospital,Olivia returns and Allison is upset as she asks her Mother"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?"Olivia sighs and grabs Allison's hand and says"Ally,I know how much this means to you to drive and I didn't want you to get your hopes up.I couldn't hurt you like that.Terrance was the only one I knew that could tell you."Allison cries"My career could be over Mom.It could truly be over."Olivia and Allan holds their daughter and comforts her as Olivia looks at Allan with anger in her eyes and Olivia tells Allan"I am going to visit somebody.Stay here."Allan says"Michael was here earlier."Olivia tells Allan"I'm about to go knock my sister and her worthless son off of their high horse."Olivia leaves and Allan tells his daughter"You are a Sullivan and we do fight back.We're strong.You'll be racing again.Allison looks at Allan and says"Thank you Allan."Allan hugs his daughter as they begin to connect.

1 comment:

  1. I SMELL FIRE WORKS IN THE FORECAST !!! OLIVIA, AND AVA ARE TWO VERY STRONG WOMEN !!

    ReplyDelete