Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 142. Victories And Losses

   At The Evans Home,Aretha,Willie,and Rashad returns after Rashad's 2nd place finish in his first race in Valley Ridge,and Rashad tells his Mother and Grandmother"I think I've found my calling.Racing is what I want to do."Aretha looks at her son with concern and says to him"I am scared baby boy,but you did great and I know Jack and your Grandpa are very proud of you."Willie smiles and hugs her Grandson and tells him"You just don't worry about the ignorant people out there like Michael Barr.He got his and you overcome with class and dignity."Rashad is humbled and tells his Grandmother"I'm not scared of his punk ass.He's messing with our family and if he hasn't learned after today,he will."Aretha nods and says with confidence"He won't be behind the wheel of a stock car again.I will see to it!"Meanwhile Michael and Jesse have returned to Adam's Landing,as they sit in the bar at The Inn,and both of them are angry as Jesse tells Michael"If it wasn't for your beautiful Mama,I'd fire you after what you've done.Michael looks at Jesse and replies"I didn't want him to hurt his face.You know how they are."Jesse takes a deep breath and tells Michael"I'm not a fan of black people either,but this isn't the 1960s anymore in The Stock Car League.Your career is over most likely and my shot at a title is done."Michael,who takes a drink asks Jesse angrily"Why would it be over?I've been racing for 6 years and I have a fan base.They will let me drive again."Jesse grabs Michael by the shirt collar and tells him"Aretha Evans!She will destroy you and she can!"Michael shrugs"I'm not scared of any of them.Let them try me and see what happens."Jesse rolls his eyes,as Michael shows something to Jesse and says"I can make a few phone calls,and the fear of God will stop them outright!"
   Meanwhile,Ava is at her Mansion with Winston and Ruth and she looks over Jack's funeral arrangements and tells her Mother"I think this will be good for Jack's funeral."There's a knock at the door,and Winston opens the door to find Frank on the other side,with his trophy in hand from his win in Valley Ridge.Ruth looks at her son and tells him"I am thankful you made it back in one piece."Frank tells his Mother"I'm sore,but it was worth it."He walks over and hugs Ava and offers his condolences on Jack's death and Ava tells her Oldest Brother"It was touching for you to dedicate the win to Jack.It meant a lot."Frank tells Ava"I know it isn't much,but I wanted you to have this."Frank hand Ava his trophy from his win and Ava starts to cry and Frank looks at his sister and says"No need for tears Ava.Your son and Daddy was watching over us.This was for him."Ava hugs Frank and says with tears in her eyes"You don't know what this means to me Frank."Frank tells his sister"If you need anything,you just ask me."Ciarra arrives and Winston lets her in as she hugs Ruth and asks Frank"I see you're back?Beth could have used some support with what happened with Leigh and Sully."Ruth tells Ciarra"They broke up Ciarra.Beth gave him an ultimatum."Ciarra warns them"May not want to tell that to Tennessee.She will see it as something else."Ava asks Ciarra"I'm surprised you came here."Ciarra tells Ava"I know how it feels to lose a child although Lily caused me nothing but trouble,but from what I've heard,Jack was a great young man."Ava says in a distant tone"He was Ciarra.He was the perfect son.It hurts so bad."Ciarra tells Ava"Tennessee send this card to you.She sends her condolences."Ruth asks"Why can't Tenny come here herself?"Ciarra sighs and says to them"Tennessee went over to see Allison.She was released today and she has her reasons."Ruth rolls her eyes and tells Ciarra"I have never understood her.She has never liked me or my family."Ava quips"Wasn't for her,I'd never learned business.She and Ciarra taught me the ropes with Sullivan's."Ciarra smiles and tells Ava"You did a damn good job and don't worry about Class,because Tennessee and I are going to run things until you are ready to return and Sully recovers."Ava and Ciarra hugs and Ciarra leaves.Frank heads out and asks Ruth"Are you staying here tonight?"Ruth tells her son"I'm going to be here with Ava until she gets back to normal."Ava looks at them and says"I don't think I'll ever feel normal again.I just miss Jack so bad."Frank heads to The Farm,as Ruth and Winston console Ava,as she reads Tenny's card and breaks down in tears,telling Winston and Ruth"It's real.It is real."
  At Allison's apartment,Allison,Olivia,Allan and Tenny are together as they celebrate Allison's survival from her accident at Pittman.Beth arrives and brings over a present for Allison and Allan and Olivia tells Beth"Shouldn't you be at the hospital with Leigh and Sully?"Beth tells them"Xavier and Jared are there and they are ok.Leigh's coming home tomorrow and I'm going over to Hell Hill and stay with my Grand babies."Tenny is shocked and asks"I thought you were staying with Frank and Ruth at his farm?"Beth looks at her Mother as does Allan as Tenny looks around for a moment and is silent."There's a knock at the door and Olivia tells her daughter"Go answer the door."Allison gets up and using a walker,as she's numb on one side of her body due to her head injury in her accident,opens the door to find Cale,with a bouquet of roses and tells Allison"I'm glad you're home."Allison and Cale gives each other a hug and Beth asks Cale"Where are your crutches?"Cale quips"They get in my way."Beth rolls her eyes and says to Cale"You're just as stubborn as your Father."Cale tells Beth"He misses you.He spoke of you often."Beth tells Cale"He made his choice and I am not going to sit by as he plays with fate."Tenny interrupts and asks Beth"Did the dog go into heat again?"Beth looks at her Mother and snaps"He decided to drive again and we broke up."Tenny smiles and says"Thank god.He can go find himself a publicist or hooker at the track now and you can find someone else."Cale keeps his mouth shut and Allison takes Cale to her bedroom as Allan and Olivia tells Tenny"We're celebrating Allison's survival.We're not here to bash Frank.He has been very good to Allison and he's offered to pay for her physical therapy and cut him a break!"Tenny rolls her eyes and sarcastically says"He slept with her,Beth,god knows who else.."Beth yells"Shut up Mama.I don't want to talk about Frank!"Tenny gets up and says"Well I got to go to work in the morning and check on my little boy since mean old Ciarra locked him in his room."Tenny leaves and Allan tells his sister"She is fiery."Beth tells him"She and Aunt Ciarra are going to run Class while Sully recovers and Ava gets over losing Jack."Allan looks shocked and Olivia tells them"I'd like to see Desi try to get it back with her in charge."Allan and Beth laughs"She will feed her to Precious or else kill her."Olivia shrugs"Wouldn't bother me either way."Beth meanwhile hugs her brother and Olivia and tells them"I'm headed to Hell Hill.I'm glad Allison will be ok."Olivia says to Beth"Ally has some adjusting to do,but she will be fine."Beth leaves and Allan asks Olivia"What do you want to do in regards to Allison?You want to stay here with her until she's fully healed?"Olivia tells Allan"She needs to learn to live life normally and I think with Cale here,she'll be ok tonight."Allan looks at Olivia and asks"What are you thinking about?"Olivia pulls out some house keys and tells Allan"I bought a house today near the hospital.It's already furnished and I thought we could go check it out."Allan winks as Olivia and Allan heads to their new residence.
   Meanwhile,Michael heads down to the ALPD to visit his Mom as he knows of her arrest,and asks the officer"May I see Desi Lane?"The officer tells Michael"She was released today."Michael has a quiet moment and says"Thank you Jesse."Meanwhile Jesse walks into his room at The Inn,and finds Desi and Russell in his bed together,having sex and Jesse yells"Desi!What in the hell are you doing?"Desi's eyes widen and says in a stunned tone"You're back?"Jesse looks at Russell and says to him"You son of a bitch.I can't believe this."Desi wraps herself in the bed sheet and walks over to Jesse and tells him"Russell released me from jail and has agreed not to press charges."Jesse is sickened and shakes his head in disgust and tells Desi with anger in his voice"Your racist son just cost me a championship this year.I cut him slack because of you and I return and this is how I'm repaid?"Russell quips"She's good.I need to head back to my suite anyway.Summer is back there anyway."Russell kisses Desi and walks out in a hurry as Jesse is infuriated and yells at Desi"Why would you sleep your way out of jail Desi?"Desi yells"I had no choice Jesse.Russell and I both have been screwed over by Xavier and.."Jesse asks angrily"And you two would shack up and talk strategies?"Desi pleads with Jesse"It wasn't what it looks like I promise."Jesse shakes his head and bluntly says to Desi"Get the hell out of here."Desi tries to kiss Jesse and tell him"I've got to get my family legacy back.I will do what I have to do to make that happen."Jesse looks down and says"Pack your bags and tell Michael he's fired.You're the most selfish woman I've ever known."Desi goes to get dressed and packs her things and Jesse shakes his head in disgust to what he's just witnessed.
  Beth has returned to Hell Hill,and walks into the living room and sees Latoya and Rashad on the couch,making out and Beth asks Latoya"I thought you were here to look after my Grandchildren?"Latoya tells Beth"Mom's upstairs with them.She's here too."Beth looks at Rashad and tells him"Congratulations on the race."Rashad says humbly"Thank you Beth."Beth tells him"I wish you had stayed at the hospital and worked there with us,but if the racing gig doesn't work out,then you always have a place on my staff."Rashad thanks Beth and tells her"Frank talked about you while at the track.He misses you."Beth is quiet and tells Latoya,changing subjects"You have a good man.I'm going to check on Gracie and Xavier Jr.Don't have sex!"Latoya and Rashad are silent and Latoya looks at Rashad and says"I think your victory party has been stopped since she is here."Rashad heads to the door,as Latoya and Rashad kiss and Rashad tells Latoya"I heard about a place down on the creek bank called Lover's rock?"Rashad and Latoya heads there as Beth walks upstairs into the nursery and sees Sassy and tells her"Thank you for helping out with Gracie and Xavier Jr."Sassy tells Beth"No need to thank me.They are great babies."Beth tells Sassy"Leigh will be home tomorrow and I would like you to be Sully's private nurse at the hospital."Sassy nods and accepts and Beth tells Sassy"I want to be alone with my Grand babies."Sassy walks out and Beth picks up Gracie and Xavier Jr and holds them as she sits in the rocking chair and tells them"Your Mommy will be home tomorrow and your big sister will live.The two of you has been our family's shining light."The babies sleep as Beth rocks them gently and she thinks of Frank and she and the babies fall asleep in the rocking chair.
  At the Farm,Frank has returned and finds Bree and Andy in the living room and Frank asks them"Have you been over to see Ava?"Bree and Andy tells their Uncle"She is having a rough time.Grandma is staying there with her."Frank notices some files on the coffee table and asks Bree and Andy"What are you looking at?"Bree tells her Uncle"Since Mom is dead,I want to find my Father.Andy's been looking but he hasn't found any leads."Frank tells his niece"The way Jamie was,it could have been anyone."Meanwhile Tenny storms inside Frank's house and yells"Frank Jackson you son of a bitch!"Frank,Bree,and Andy looks on as Tenny yells"You did it again didn't you?My daughter loves you and you chose the track?You bastard!"Tenny delivers a blistering slap to Frank and angrily tells him"J.D. may have liked you and maybe everyone else,but you will never have my blessings to be with My Sweet Beth ever again!"Bree and Andy looks at Tenny as Frank is silent and Bree speaks up and tells Tenny"Aunt Beth broke up with Uncle Frank because he chose to drive again.He didn't cheat on her.He wouldn't do that."Tenny laughs and tells Bree"Frank and Beth are divorced and she isn't your Aunt!"Tenny looks at Frank one more time and slaps him once again and hisses"I will fix you if you try to get back with Beth again and I mean fix!"Tenny storms out,and Bree and Andy looks at Frank as he says"Good to see you too Ms.Sullivan."Bree responds"What is her problem with you and Grandma?"Frank sighs and says"I did Beth wrong years ago.And Tenny will never let me forget it."Bree and Andy shakes their heads as Frank goes to bed and Bree and Andy goes through a list of names and Bree tells Andy"I think that talk show will be my best shot of finding my Father."Andy points at a few names and tells his cousin"I think we may have found the leading candidates."Bree looks at the list and shakes her head in shock.Meanwhile Frank lays down to go to bed and he thinks of Beth and pulls out the ring he gave her and takes a deep breath and shows a look of regret,as he goes to sleep.
   Meanwhile Aretha is sitting in the living room at The Evans House,as Willie has went to bed and she pulls out her laptop and plugs her tape recorder up and says to herself,as she has a flashback to her childhood and anger in her eyes"Michael's about to regret what he did at Valley Ridge,and so will Desi!"Meanwhile Michael has returned to his apartment,and Desi arrives and tells her son"So I hear you got kicked out of racing?"Michael gets angry and says"The Evans are the reason.Black people."Desi slaps him and sternly says"Michael,I know Rodney's family was racists,but I never raised you to be a racist!"Michael quickly changes subjects and asks his Mother"Why are you here?I'd think you'd be with Jesse?"Desi tells Michael"Because of you,Jesse and I have broken up and he has fired you."Michael asks his Mother"How did you get out of jail?How did you pull that off after what happened?"Desi looks at Michael and takes a deep breath and says"Don't worry about that Michael.I will have Lane's back and I can promise that.You need to wake the hell up because your racist attitude has cost you your career and you have disappointed me greatly."Desi heads to Michael's spare room and goes to bed,as Michael pulls out his phone and makes a call and says"I want you to pay the Evans Family a visit for me."
   Allan and Olivia has arrived at her home,located in the historical district of Adam's Landing and Allan looks around and says"This is some nice digs."Olivia tells Allan"I always wanted this house since I was a little girl."Allan hugs Olivia and tells her"I'm glad Allison will be fine."Olivia assures Allan"With your bloodline and knowing she's a fighter,I know she will be back to herself in no time."Olivia hugs Allan and he holds her as she tells him"Let's go upstairs and I'll show you the bedroom."They run up the stairs and when they get into the bedroom,they begin to passionately make love."At Allison's apartment,Cale and Allison are laying in her bed,as they watch a chick flick and Allison tells Cale"I'm glad you're here with me."Cale strokes her hair and tells her"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."Allison asks Cale"Will you stay?"Cale asks"What do you mean?"Allison tells him with tears in her eyes"I know I'm going to have a hard time getting back to normal and I may not race again,but would you leave me if I don't fully get back to myself?"Cale looks at Allison in the eyes and tells her in a serious tone"I love you regardless of what happens.I will be here for you.And I am staying with you through the long run."Cale gives Allison a kiss and Allison wraps her arms around him as they begin to make love.
  At Ava's mansion,Winston and Ruth sits in the living room together as Ava has went upstairs to bed and Ruth asks Winston"Shouldn't you be resting?You have chemo in the morning."Winston tells Ruth"I am scared for Ava.It was nice to see her cheer up,but I know it was an act.She is hurting so bad right now and I just hope it's true that time heals."Ruth looks at Winston and tells him"Time does heal sometimes,but sometimes some people never get over a loss like this.All we can do is stay strong for her."Winston looks at Ruth and tells her"You raised a great daughter.As strong as you are,I know she will pull through this."Ruth reminds him"In time Winston."Upstairs,Ava is in her bedroom as she looks at Frank's trophy and puts it on her mantle and reads Tenny's letter again and has a flashback to what happened at Class and breaks down and cries and says to herself with tears flowing"I don't know if I can ever walk back into Class again without remembering what happened in that office."Ava lays on the bed and cries herself to sleep as she mourns her son.

1 comment: