Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 144. The Memorial. Part 1

  At the Funeral Home,it's quiet as Ciarra arrives and she sees Ruth in the chapel,looking at Jack and silent,Ciarra tells Ruth"When a young man like Jack dies,it's sad."Ruth tells Ciarra"He was going to go places in this world,but he had a higher calling.Bree and Andy arrives a few minutes later,as does Winston and Burt.Winston asks Ruth"Where's Ava?"Ruth tells them"Tenny came by the house earlier.She may still be there.'"Ruth makes a phone call as Ava answers and tells her Mother"Tenny and I are on our way."At Ava's mansion,Tenny helps Ava get ready for the funeral as she returns in Ava's bedroom and tells her"Your Mother's left.She didn't even bring me my coffee."Ava tells Tenny"She's probably already at the Funeral Home."Ava and Tenny heads downstairs to leave,and Tenny tells Ava"I'll drive.It would likely be the smartest idea."Ava,who's doing her best to keep her composure,as she's about to say goodbye to her only son,agrees as they head out."
  Meanwhile,Xavier and Leigh has returned to Hell Hill as Beth is there and Xavier and Leigh are in the nursery with Gracie and Xavier Jr,as Leigh is staying behind as Beth,Xavier,and Latoya are going to Jack's Funeral.Xavier and Leigh takes turns holding the babies and Xavier tells his wife"Xavier Jr is going to be a quiet one when he gets older,he's always quiet."Leigh laughs and tells him"Our daughter loves to get attention,I think we have our work cut out for us down the road with these two."Xavier laughs as he holds his wife and he kisses her and Leigh tells Xavier"Send my prayers to Ava for me X?"Xavier nods as he heads downstairs and he,along with Beth and Latoya,heads down to the Funeral Home.
  At the ALPD,Michael has been booked and locked up.He sits in his cell and is quiet and scared.A man walks towards Michael,and looks at him and says"You're that racist ass stock car driver?"Michael looks at the man,and he tells Michael"You don't know me,but I know you,and I dare you to try me."Michael tells the man"Why don't you just go back to your bunk and leave me alone.You know my reputation and I don't have no use for you people."The man walks over to Michael's bunk,and slams him against the cell with full force,and forcefully tells him"I know all about what you've done to my family!And I'm going to kick your ass white boy like you've never dreamed of having.I don't like you either!"Michael tries to push the older man off of him as the man begins to beat Michael relentlessly.Meanwhile Desi arrives at the ALPD,and tells the officer"I demand my son is released!I want to talk to Russell Marx!"The officer looks at Desi and smirks"He's in his soon to be former office with the Mayor."In Russell's office,the Mayor of Adam's Landing is enraged as he shows Russell pictures of Summer and a story on his past in The Exposer.Russell yells"I am about to make that son of a bitch pay for this."The Mayor looks at Russell and tells him"It won't be Xavier.It will be you.This will cause a huge scandal for this town that we don't need.You will resign immediately and I will pick the replacement."The Mayor walks out of Russell's office and sees Desi in the lobby,and tells her"So I hear we have a new town tramp?"Desi looks at the Mayor as he walks out and asks Desi with a laugh"Haven't seen the news?"Desi looks up as the TV's on and yells"Turn on the volume."The news reports report from the TV"District Attorney Russell Marx's daughter,Summer Marx was caught last week at the home of Sully Jackson Hale,attempting to sleep with her husband,Jared Hale.Marx has also been rumored to use sex to help the infamous Desi Lane out of jail."Desi is furious and walks her way into Russell's office as he looks at Desi and tells her"I'm done for here.I don't know who knew about last night."Desi tells Russell"Aretha Evans has sources in this Police Department and her family is close to Bobby Whitten."Russell adds"And my daughter's mistake that opened the doors for Xavier to blackmail me has cost me my job."Desi rolls her eyes in disgust and tells Russell"We've got to make him pay for this.Let's discuss a summer job for Summer."Russell listens on as Desi tells him her plan,and Russell smiles and says"Well that will help you and it will keep Summer busy.When she's finished,you'll have back Lane's,and I got a plan that will keep Xavier busy for some time."Desi listens on as Russell explains his move and Desi laughs"That will keep the entire family busy."
   At The Funeral Home,Xavier,Beth,and Latoya has arrived and Tenny and Ava come in shortly afterwards,along with Willie,Terrance,Aretha,and Rashad,and Frank."Ava is overwhelmed to see the support and tells everyone sobbing"I am so glad all of you are here.You don't know how much this means to me."Aretha tells Ava"Everybody supports you in this room.You don't have to go through this alone."Olivia and Allan arrives a few minutes later and Andy tells everyone"Let's get the funeral ready.Everyone goes inside and takes their places.Jared arrives a few minutes late and gets inside and sits with Xavier and Beth,as Andy begins the service and tells Xavier to walk up to the pulpit.Xavier walks up to the pulpit as he looks at everyone in the room and takes a deep breath,as he sees all of his family and friends of the family and says"We come together in these times together as a family,but today we come together not just to say farewell to a smart young man who has his future cut short,but also thank you for saving a member of his family."Xavier pulls out Sully's speech and looks at everyone as they are silent and Ava's doing her best to hold things together,as Ruth and Winston sits next to her,and Xavier begins to read Sully's letter to everyone and as all eyes are on Xavier as he reads Sully's speech,a person wearing a veil,dressed head to toe in black walks into the room and sits in the back of the room,as nobody sees them as the funeral proceeds and Xavier finishes Sully's speech,and returns to his seat,as Andy returns to the pulpit to read scripture and deliver Jack's eulogy.
   Meanwhile back in the ALPD,Michael is thrown back on his bunk as The older man asks Michael in a cocky tone"You like that?Want to challenge me again?"Michael tells him"I don't even know you.I haven't done a damn thing to you for what you just did to me."The man looks at Michael and coldly says"I'm black and your white ass offends me!Especially after that brick being thrown through my Oldest Sister's window."Michael asks"So you're related to them aren't you?"The man looks at Michael and yells"I am glad you're here because I will see to it you won't be getting out without a reminder of what happens when you mess with someone with my blood in their veins!"Michael looks at him and says"I guess Ms.Willie doesn't want anything to do with her ghetto brother.Or your precious family."The man knocks the bunk over in a fit of rage as Michael falls off the top bunk and the man tells Michael"All I've ever done in my life is to stop bastards like you from getting ahead of kicking my people down.I challenge you to try me."Michael is quiet and scared as he fears for his life."Meanwhile the interim District Attorney walks into the ALPD,and when he walks inside Russell's office,he tells Russell and Desi"Get out of here and expect to lose your license to practice law."Russell and Desi are shocked as Bobby tells them"I'm now calling the shots down here and Michael isn't allowed to have any visitors.He won't ever be getting out."Desi yells at Bobby"You just watch him get out of here.I know how things work down here!"Desi pulls out her checkbook,and Bobby reminds Desi"Only for a few,does that work.I intend to follow the book,and I don't accept bribes."Bobby points to the door and Desi warns him"You and Xavier want to wage war,I'll fight back!"Russell and Desi leaves the station and calls the jailer and asks"Who's bunking with Barr?"The jailer says "Sayyid Ross."Bobby tells the jailer"I like the sound of that."
  At Hell Hill,Leigh's alone at the house with Gracie and Xavier Jr,as there's a knock at the door.Leigh walks downstairs and answers the door and sees Summer and warns her"You're not welcome here.You get the hell off the property now."Summer looks at Leigh and laughs"Well Well.Where's your nanny?"Leigh tells Summer"She's at your cousin's funeral.Why do you want to know?"Summer responds"She's my partner in crime.She and I are like sisters."Leigh responds"That's good to know.Bye and don't come back."Summer also tells Leigh"Tell my Uncle that he's going to regret humiliating me."Leigh tells Summer"Try it and see what happens."Leigh slams the door and Summer stands on the porch and says to herself"If only my family knew.If only they knew.They will."Summer heads to meet with her Father,as she has learned of his resignation and she goes to meet Russell.
  Back at the ALPD,Bobby sits in his new office as an officer walks in and informs Bobby"You need to see this.This isn't good."Bobby reads an order to Unity Prison that Russell made shortly before resigning.Bobby makes an emergency call to Unity Prison and the warden tells him"It's been done."Bobby hangs up the phone in frustration and yells"Damnit!"The officer asks Bobby"What did Russell do?"Bobby tells the officer"Something else that will come back to haunt him."At Russell's suite at The Sunset Club,he sits with Desi and awaits Summer's arrival."After a few minutes,Summer arrives,and Russell tells his daughter"We got the Jacksons distracted and with Jack's funeral,you have an opportunity awaiting of a lifetime."Summer asks her Father as Desi's in the room"What is it?"Desi tells Summer"Everybody's at Jack's Funeral and I want you to sneak into Class and get the deed to my company for me."Russell assures his daughter,as she's a bit nervous"Nobody will get in your way."Summer begrudgingly accepts and Desi tells Summer where the company vault is located as well as the code for the lock,and Summer tells Desi"I'd be honored to Ms.Lane."Summer heads to Class,as Desi and Russell makes a toast,saying"To the Jackson Family,that they get what's long overdue."
  Meanwhile at Jack's Funeral,The Jackson,Sullivan,Evans,and Hale Families are there as Andy finishes the eulogy and at Ava's pew,Winston and Ruth hold onto her,as Frank and Bree also comfort her as she breaks down in tears as Xavier,Beth,and Jared sit together as Beth holds Xavier's hand.Ciarra and Tenny sits together,as Willie,Aretha,Terrance,Rashad and Latoya sits together.Andy says a prayer and as everyone closes their eyes to pray,the person in black walks up the aisle and stands in front of Jack's casket and touches it,as it's closed and when everyone opens their eyes and Andy looks down at the person at Jack's casket,Ava asks the person in black,with the veil"Who are you?"The person's silent and stares at everyone and says as they pull off their veil"Karma's a bitch isn't it?"

1 comment:

  1. ANOTHER OUTSTANDING EPISODE !! WHO IS " KARMA " ? CAN'T IMAGINE ! DON'T HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHO SHE IS !!! CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT !!

    ReplyDelete