Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 148. Reality And Vengeance

  It's a few hours later in Adam's Landing and in Xavier's study at Hell Hill,Beth calls her son and tells him"Sully,Jared and I are in Blue Ridge.We're at the Rehabilitation Center."Xavier tells his Mother"Tell Sully I love her and Leigh and I will be in town in a few days."Xavier hangs up and Sayyid walks into Xavier's study and asks him"I want to know something Xavier?"Xavier asks Sayyid"What is it that you want to know?"Sayyid asks"I notice that girl working for you.Who's her Mother?"Xavier responds"Her name is Latoya Shane."Sayyid quietly says"Shane,Shane,Sassy Shane's daughter?"Xavier nods and Sayyid walks out and says to himself"I wonder."Meanwhile Leigh walks into Xavier's study with Gracie and Xavier Jr,and Leigh asks"Has Beth,Sully,and Jared arrived in Blue Ridge?"Xavier tells his wife,as he holds his son"They have.They're at Park Lane right now and then they're headed to The Sullivan Estate."Leigh asks her husband"Do you think it's smart that we go to Blue Ridge with a stranger staying here?"Xavier laughs and tells his wife"I wouldn't worry about a thing with Sayyid here.I think we're better off with him looking after things."Leigh tells Xavier with some hesitation"He has been in jail,and he was a Black Panther years ago.Ruth filled me in on some of his past."Xavier assures Leigh"I think with Sayyid working for us,as well as Country,we have nothing to worry about."Leigh and Xavier hugs each other and looks at Gracie and Xavier Jr,and tells his wife"In a few days,we'll be in Blue Ridge.These two will see where their parents fell in love.And we can watch Sully progress.Don't worry yourself baby."
  At The Exposer,Aretha sits in her office and reads the hits on her article on Desi Lane and laughs"This is my biggest seller yet."Aretha hears an argument outside her office as Desi storms inside and shrieks"You lying bitch!I can't believe this!"Aretha laughs"You look upset?Truth's got you turned upside down Desi?"Desi yells at Aretha"You have no right to publish my personal history for your own gain Aretha!"Aretha sits back and says calmly"I don't?"Desi yells"No you don't!I can't help it that Michael turned out the way he did.But you've went too far with publishing this trash!"Aretha calmly asks Desi"Why are you so mad?Is it because I am telling the truth?Does that bother you?Need me to help you find a shrink?"Desi is furious and warns Aretha"I did what was necessary years ago.Mom and Dad couldn't run Lane's anymore."Aretha asks"And you decided to listen to your husband and follow command like a good,blind wife and listen to him,and put Davis and Virginia Lane into the worst Retirement Home in the state."Desi snaps at Aretha"I will sue you for this slander!You just watch."Aretha quips"If you're allowed to visit your son,ask him how his night with Uncle Clem was?I'm sure he's cowered in a corner,crying his eyes out.A coward like his Daddy."Desi grows silent and asks"Clemmon Ross was in the same cell as my son?"Aretha laughs"It's Sayyid now and I hear they had a great visit."Desi rushes out as Aretha sits back and says to herself"I would sure hate to be her right now."
   Meanwhile at FJR,Frank and Rashad returns to the shop after testing for the upcoming race and finds Cale sitting in Frank's office.Cale tells his Father"I think I'm ready Dad."Frank tells his son"One more race and then you can drive again."Cale looks at Rashad and tells him"I think you may have a full time ride with FJR."Frank is surprised and asks his son"What in the hell are you talking about?Allison's returning isn't she?'Cale tells Frank"She and I have been discussing things and she isn't sure she wants to drive again."Frank shakes his head and tells his son"I understand her reasons but she should tell me what she wants to do so I can make arrangements for Rashad to take her ride if she isn't coming back."Rashad tells them"If Allison wants to drive again,I'm more than willing to give her ride to her.I'm only filling in."Cale looks at Rashad and advises him"You have raw talent out on the track.Allison even said that when she watched you and Dad finish 1,2 in Valley Ridge.Allison wants what's best for FJR."Frank asks Cale"What's Allison's plans if she decides not to race again?"Cale tells him"She's spending the day with her Grandmother at Class."Frank rolls his eyes and tells Cale"That's a scary thought right there to be in a room with Tenny Sullivan.And working with her."Cale laughs and says to his Father"She has been nice to me so far.She just doesn't like the family except for Aunt Ava and Uncle Xavier."Ruth meanwhile arrives and asks Frank in a tone of disdain"Are you racing again this weekend?"Frank responds"I will be driving Cale's car this week,and then if the doctors clear him,then he'll be back behind the wheel."Ruth rolls her eyes and says with disgust"I don't want you driving son."Frank snaps"I don't have a choice and Blue Ridge Speedway was always good to me.Top ten average and eight wins.I always ran well there."Ruth sighs and changes the subject and asks Rashad and Cale for a moment alone with her son.Rashad and Cale walk out as they are beginning to form a friendship,and Ruth tells her son"Bree told me that Allan isn't her Father."Frank responds"He isn't Mama.You should remember what happened years ago?"Ruth tells Frank"Do you know what's going to happen when Bree finds out about her real Father?It will not be pretty and I have had my reservations about it for years."Frank tells his Mother"I know how you feel because I feel the same way,but I think we need to ask ourselves,how will the rest of the family feel?"Ruth rolls her eyes and says with a scared tone"I think he may know,but she doesn't need to know or else she'll really break down.Ava doesn't need that Frank."Frank agrees and asks his Mother"Have you heard from Ava?"Ruth tells him"She's in Sugar Creek with Country and I got the news turned off.She hasn't spoken to anyone since the funeral."Frank and Ruth both worry for Ava and Frank hugs his Mother and tells her"Hopefully Country will be able to stop her with whatever she is planning."Ruth is silent.
   In the town of Sugar Creek,in the Great Lakes region of the United States,Ava and Country arrives at The Sugar Cane Motel,owned by Wade Issac.He walks up to the reception desk,as Ava rings the bell,with Country by her side.Wade asks"How may I help you?"Ava,who has her face covered and wearing black,tells Wade"I heard that Rachel is staying here and I would like to get a room."Wade asks Ava and Country"And who are you?"Ava tells Wade"I'm Rachel's Mom,Desi Lane.I know you read The Exposer.I needed to get out of town and get close to my daughter again."Wade gives Ava a key to her room and Wade asks Ava"Ms.Lane,is the man with you going to be staying with you also?"Ava nods and says"He's my newest fling.You know how the Lanes are.We love to spread the love."Ava and Country heads to their room,as Wade sits at the desk for a moment and sits back and says to himself"That was why that Private Investigator was here earlier."Meanwhile Ava and Country arrives in her room and Country tells Ava"I think your idea's going to backfire Ava.Ava looks at Country and tells him sternly"I will either leave Sugar Creek dead or alive.Rachel will pay for this and my nephew's already here snooping around.I know where she's hiding."Country asks Ava"How can you keep up with Andy when you threw your phone out on the side of the road?"Ava pulls a cellphone out of her purse and laughs in a paranoid tone"Prepaid!"Now let's talk about you.You dropped your wallet at The Airport."Country looks at Ava as she tells Country"I noticed this fell out and I held onto it for you."Country looks at Ava as Ava stares at Country and tells him"I have you where I want you now."
   Back in Adam's Landing,Desi had arrived at Chantel's after being told to leave the ALPD after attempting to visit Michael,and Olivia's sitting at the bar and sees her sister walk in the room and is silent.Desi tells Olivia"Aretha Evans is a liar and she has it out for our family."Olivia is angry and delivers a hard slap to Desi and coldly tells her"Mom and Dad were living in Southpoint Beach huh Desi?They must have traveled because when Ally and I went to visit them,nobody knew who Davis and Virginia Lane were."Desi is quiet and scared as Olivia tells her sister"I grow more hate for you with each day that passes Desi.The more I learn,the more I want to kill you,and your family.How could you do such a thing to our parents?"Desi snaps"You were never around Olivia.I was the one that had to take care of them."Olivia tells Desi"I was in Pittman,working at Pittman Memorial Hospital as Chief of Staff.I actually earned what I got without stealing it from my parents!"Desi shrieks"Don't dare accuse me of stealing a damn thing from our parents Olivia.Did your husband ever know that Allison wasn't his daughter?Did you ever tell him?It's sad he went to his grave not knowing the truth about Allison's real Father,a washed up rocker that was a drug addict..Olivia slaps Desi to the ground and stands on top of her and reminds her sister"And your husband slept with every whore he met and molested his own daughter.And you want to cast judgement."Desi is silent as Olivia tells Desi"I know more than you think.And you did take after Chant."Olivia leaves and Desi sits at the bar and tells herself,as she's in denial"It's not my fault.When I wanted it,I got it,and I'll get back Lane's."Olivia stands outside and calls Allan and he tells Olivia"Come meet me.I want to show you something."Olivia heads to meet with Allan,curious as to what he has to show her,as well as thinking about her sister,as she gets in her car and punches the steering wheel in anger.
  At Hell Hill,Latoya is in the nursery with the twins,as Xavier and Leigh has went to their bedroom for some quiet time.Sayyid walks in the nursery and Latoya is scared for a moment and Sayyid stares at Latoya and Latoya shrugs her shoulders and asks"Why are you staring at me like that?"Sayyid tells Latoya"You remind me of somebody."He walks over and looks at Gracie and Xavier Jr and tells Latoya"I remember when my three children were born.My oldest son became a singer and disappointed me.My other two children and my wife was killed by a rival of mine."Latoya looks at Sayyid and tells him"That is horrible."Sayyid sheds a tear and tells Latoya"These two babies has a great life.Do you ever speak to your Father?"Latoya tells Sayyid"I have never spoken to him.I don't even know who he is."Sayyid is quiet and tells Latoya"That's a shame.A man that walks away from his family is a coward in my book."Latoya nods and tells Sayyid"I agree with you.If I ever do meet him,I plan to bust him in the face with my fist for leaving me and my Mom to fend for ourselves."Sayyid tells Latoya"If you ever find him,let me know.Or if I find him,I'll let you know."Sayyid walks out and Latoya watches him and has a thought and reaches for her tablet,to find it gone."Sayyid goes to the living room with Latoya's tablet and looks up a name on the search engine and Sayyid says to himself"It's time for you to take responsibility."Sayyid heads out and says to himself"And that will be now!"
   Meanwhile,Allan's at a new Night Club that's opening in Adam's Landing called Jazz.Legendary R&B singer Keith Ross and his longtime manager,Jermaine Watts are owners and Keith tells Allan"I think we're all due what's ours in the music business.Allan tells Keith"I agree though you always had things taken care of.You had a great manager in Jermaine."Jermaine tells Allan"I know a lawyer that can help you get your royalties back Allan.I think you helping us out with this venture will be successful for all of us."Allan tells Keith and Jermaine"I'm a rocker,I'm not about to do jazz or R&B."Keith smirks"That's why you call up Rich and get him down here to help out too.We can make a killing off of this and since I'm still touring and all,you can get your career started back up by playing shows here."Allan tells Keith and Jermaine"I really don't want to perform anymore.My glory days have done passed."Keith and Jermaine laughs and tells Allan"Man don't tell us that.You are a damn god in the music business.When you left it behind and joined that commune,you only built your legend.I'm the one that has the career on the rocks.I'm getting older and rockers can do much better than an aging R&B artist."Allan tells Keith"I guess I'll call Rich and see what happens."Keith and Jermaine smiles as Allan signs some papers and invests in Jazz.He leaves and meets Olivia outside and Allan tells her"I'm now part owner and weekend performer at Jazz.I'm getting back into music."Olivia asks Allan"Isn't Keith Ross involved with this endeavor?"Allan responds"He and his manager are starting it up and I'm going to talk to Rich and the band and see about reuniting.I'm about to get my royalties back and see if I can still do it."Olivia gives Allan a hug though she is worried for Allan,knowing his history,and tells him sternly"I will be watching you at all times Allan James."Allan tells Olivia"That's what I want you to do Olivia.How about we go back home and celebrate?"Olivia tells Allan"I think I need some relaxation after today."They head home.Meanwhile Keith and Jermaine sits on the stage and Jermaine is reading the newspaper and points to a story and tells Keith"Have you seen this?"Keith quips"I don't read nothing but The Exposer.Anything else is trash."Sayyid storms inside and yells"Keith Saleem Ross!"Keith eyes widen as he smiles and says"You're free!"Sayyid is angry and jumps on Keith and asks him"Don't think I'm here to congratulate you boy.You sold out to the white man to make your money and you're a coward!"Keith yells"What in the hell are you talking about?I'm not no damn coward?"Sayyid asks Keith"Do you remember Sassy Shane?"Keith and Jermaine is silent and looks down as Sayyid tells both of them"She has a daughter and she sings too.That's what makes you a coward Keith!"
   In Blue Ridge,Beth and Jared arrives at The Sullivan Estate after checking Sully into Park Lane Hospital for her rehabilitation from her Heart Transplant.Beth and Jared are both taken back as they notice that Beth's childhood home has been vandalized and walks inside cautiously,as she pulls out a gun and notices her childhood home has been burned out by vandals and Beth is furious and tells Jared"Go next door and check Ciarra's place."Beth walks around the home she grew up in as a child and breaks down in tears.Jared returns a few moments later and tells Beth"Someone has vandalized Ciarra's home also."Beth is horrified and she and Jared heads to The Sullivan Family plot to find her Father and Uncle's headstones covered in graffiti and Beth is angry and tells Jared"This is going to kill my Mama when she finds out."Jared asks Beth"What do you want to do?"Beth tells Jared"Go down to Park Lane and be with Sully.I'm calling Xavier."Jared leaves and Beth calls Xavier and at Hell Hill,Xavier and Leigh has finished making love and Xavier answers the phone and hangs up and has a look of anger on his face as Leigh asks him"What is it X?"Xavier tells Leigh is a calm,angry tone"Someone has destroyed The Sullivan Estate."In Blue Ridge,a man sits at a table in a bar in the Royal Park neighborhood and smiles as he orders a beer and says"This is only the beginning."
   Back In Adam's Landing,Ruth returns to The Farm and finds Bree and Summer there and Ruth asks Summer"Didn't I tell you not to bring her around here?"Bree stands up for Summer and tells her Grandmother"My sister can't help how she was conceived Grandma.Russell left town and she has nobody but me.Don't take your anger out on Summer!"Ruth is silent as Bree gets a call from City Hospital and Bree tells the person on the other line"Thank you."and hangs up the phone.Frank meanwhile arrives with Cale and Frank asks his niece"What did they tell you?"Bree looks at all of them and says"I was right.I can't believe this."Frank,Ruth,and Summer gather around Bree as she takes in what she's just been told and tells everyone"He owes me.And he will pay me for all the lost time!Meanwhile in Sugar Creek,Ava and Country are in their room at The Sugar Cane Motel,and Ava holds Country's wallet as he tells Ava"Why are you going through my wallet?"Ava looks at Country and pulls out a photo and tells Country"I think the question you should be asking is whether or not you'll be leaving Sugar Creek alive or in a body bag."Country is silent as Ava gives him an order and tells him"You wait until I call you and you better do as I say or else I will destroy you!"Country does as Ava asks of him,as Ava sits at the table in her room and looks at the photo she found in Country's wallet and says coldly"Looks like we both had him."
  

1 comment: