Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 152. False Pride

   In Blue Ridge,the race has concluded and Rashad gets the win in his 2nd start,with Frank finishing 3rd,after a bad pit stop.Rashad celebrates his victory with Cale and Allison in Victory Lane,as Frank wonders about Tommy,as he didn't start the race.Frank congratulates Rashad on his win and Allison tearfully tells him"I think it's your turn now to drive this car Rashad.I know that even if I was to return,I couldn't give the results that you can."Cale tells Allison"It won't be the same without you."Rashad looks at Allison and says"This will always be your ride."Allison hugs Rashad and they all prepare to return to Adam's Landing.Meanwhile Jesse is on his way back to LaFayette,disgusted and embarrassed and vows to himself"Tommy Jackson and his Dad will pay for this."Jesse sits in his seat and goes over his books and says in defeat"My days are done in racing.But I will get what's owed to me."At Xavier's mansion in Blue Ridge,Beth and Sayyid sits in the living room,as Tenny has went back to bed and Sully and Jared returns from Royal Park Mall and tells Beth and Sayyid"Emery's is going out of business."Beth is shocked,as is Sayyid and he asks"Just the Royal Park location?Or all the stores?"Sully tells him"All of them.They are up for sale,but no takers."Beth sighs and tells them"Emery's has been an institution in Blue Ridge for many years.I think when Xavier hears of this,he will buy the company."Sully tells everyone"When I return home,I plan to look into opening some stores up here.I hate seeing this beautiful town decline and if jobs are available,then that will help Blue Ridge thrive again."Sayyid looks at Sully and tells her"You are very intelligent and articulate for a young lady.Your Father raised you well."Sully smiles and says"Everything I've learned about retail and business,has been from him."Xavier walks inside and tells everyone"I'm headed home tonight."Xavier tells Sayyid"Here's some keys and go downstairs and keep someone company."Sayyid grabs a gun and heads downstairs,as Beth tells Xavier"I seen where Tommy didn't make the race."Xavier tells his Mother"Tommy had company."Sully asks her Father"What are you planning to do?"Xavier tells his family,starting with Sully"Princess,you stay here and finish your rehabilitation.Jared,you take care of her.And Mother,you just watch over my family."Beth looks at her son and tells him"I want you to go easy.You are looking pale."Xavier quips"I am fine Mother."Sully agrees and asks her Father"You do look faint Daddy."Xavier tells everyone"Don't worry about me.Just get well and get back home!"Beth tells Xavier"Take your Grandmother with you when you leave.She needs to be back with Ciarra."Xavier tells his Mother"Go wake her and tell her to get ready."Xavier calls his pilot and tells him"We're leaving for Adam's Landing tonight."Xavier sends a text to Sayyid and hugs his famly,as he gets ready to head home.
   In Adam's Landing,Bree is at Chantel's,having a drink and she's upset over what happened earlier over Country's reaction to being her Father.Burt walks inside and asks Bree"I wouldn't think you would be sitting at a bar."Bree looks at Burt and tells him"I don't believe Xavier knew anything about Country being my Father,otherwise he would have told me."Burt tells the bartender"Put Bree's tab on mine."Burt orders a drink and tells Bree"As long as I've known him,if he thinks someone should know something,he would tell them,regardless how he felt about them."Bree,who's slightly buzzed quips"Yes he would.He has never been shy when it came to my Mom or Uncle Brock.The only issue I have with him is with Summer.She made a mistake with going after Jared and we both know.."Burt finishes Bree's sentence"He never forgives or forgets."Burt and Bree begins to talk and have a few drinks as Burt tells Bree about himself and Bree finds some things in common between them and Bree tells Burt"I will be at work in the morning.You being there makes all the difference in the world."Burt asks"And why is that?"Bree quips"You are normal and that's something that Jackson Inc needs."Burt tells Bree"Xavier isn't as bad as you think.He's just got his ways."Bree adds"He also inherited my Grandfather's mean streak."Burt rolls his eyes and sighs"I have to agree there.But at least he thinks before he acts."Bree agrees with him as they continue to drink and connect.
   Meanwhile Leigh arrives back at Hell Hill and finds Latoya and Sassy at the house and Latoya tells Leigh"Someone was here earlier."Leigh looks at Latoya and asks"Who was it?"Sassy tells Leigh"Latoya called me at work and told me that a man was peeking through the windows.I came over and checked everything out and he was gone by the time I arrived."Leigh is suspicious and asks them"Who would be prowling around here?All the people I would suspect are in jail or dead."Latoya tells her"I just got a glimpse and I didn't recognize him."The phone rings and Leigh answers to find it's her husband,as Xavier tells his wife"I'm coming home.I got a few answers,but the rest of them are in Adam's Landing."Leigh tells her husband"Someone was looking through the window earlier while I was at Class."Xavier tells his wife"Call Country and tell him to come over and keep an eye on things until Sayyid,Grandma,and I return.I'll see you tonight my love."Leigh sighs of relief,as she tells Latoya and Sassy"Xavier is headed home with Sayyid and Tenny.I will feel much safer once they arrive."Sassy looks at Leigh in shock and asks"Sayyid Ross?"Latoya looks at her Mother as she notices a look in her Mother's eyes as Sassy asks Leigh"Sayyid was in prison?"Leigh tells them"Xavier got his charges dropped.He's staying here now."Sassy is quiet and Latoya asks her Mother"What's bothering you about Sayyid?"Sassy tells Latoya"Nothing Latoya.He's of no concern to me.I'm just kind of shocked."Sassy heads off and Latoya and Leigh looks at each other as Leigh asks Latoya"That was a bit off."Latoya responds in a shocked tone"It was.She's keeping a secret about something.When I talked to Sayyid the other day,we seemed to connect in a weird way."Leigh looks at Latoya and asks her"What are you thinking?"Latoya tells Leigh"She knows something that she isn't telling me and I want to know what it is."
   At The Evans Home,Willie has cooked a huge dinner,as Terrance and Aretha are there,as well as Ruth.Willie tells them"I am so glad today turned out like it did.Justice prevailed!My Grandson got his first win and I couldn't be any happier."Aretha laughs"You cooked all of Rashad's favorites too and he will be mad that he missed this."Terrance tells his sister"He's young.I know we won't finish this off.He'll have some left when he gets home tonight."Ruth tells all of them"I'm glad that Michael Barr is going to prison and his Mother looks to be going to jail.My only worry is about Ava."Aretha asks Ruth"How is she doing?"Ruth tells them"She isn't handling things very well right now,but maybe knowing that Rachel is in jail will boost her spirits."Aretha reminds Ruth"Ava hated Rachel.We both know she wanted her dead and she won't be content until she's six feet under."Ruth tells Aretha"After her stunt at Jack's funeral,I can't say I blame her.But I'm fine knowing she's in a jail cell."Willie interrupts and tells everyone"I found this earlier and I have never opened it before."Terrance,Aretha,and Ruth are stunned as Willie holds a jar of Moonshine and she tells them"Sidney always kept this after he gave up running the shine years ago.We never did take a drink from it,but I think now is the right time to open it."Everyone's shocked,as Ruth tells her best friend"You never drink Willie!"Willie looks at Ruth and laughs"Neither do you.I think we need to celebrate this glorious day and have a toast."Wllie opens the jar,as Aretha gets some glasses and Willie pours everyone a glass and tells them"For Victory!"All takes a drink,as Willie and Ruth looks at each other as does Aretha and Terrance and all of them goes"Damn that was strong!"Willie laughs"Sidney told me years ago that B.R. made some strong shine."Ruth quips"He wasn't lying either."Terrance and Aretha drink up as Ruth and Willie stops and Willie tells her children"That's only one glass.That's a keepsake for me and I don't intend to open it again.But I think today,he'd do the same thing."All of them agrees as they have dinner and celebrate."
   Meanwhile,Ava returns to her mansion and finds Winston in a state of shock.Ava looks at him and asks"What is bothering you?"Winston looks at Ava and tells her"I just got a letter to go to The Sunset Club."Ava tells Winston"I thought it had to do with Rachel.I heard about the arrest on the news and I hear the people in Sugar Creek are very tough on the law.I feel better.And I am glad Bree at least knows her sperm donor."Winston is despondent and tells Ava"I'm glad you're feeling better.I am going to The Sunset Club."Winston is quiet as he heads out and Ava stops him and says"What is going on?You aren't acting like yourself?"Winston turns and tells Ava"Something is amiss.With all that's happened with The Sullivan Estate,to finding out about your brother.."Ava stops Winston and asks"My brother?Which one?"Winston tells her"Brock Jr was pardoned and released,along with Tommy."Ava looks at Winston and tells him"Russell would do that just to stick it to Xavier and me over Jamie."Winston looks at Ava and tells her"He was likely behind what happened to Tenny and Ciarra's homes in Blue Ridge."Ava shakes her head and tells Winston"If Junior and his spawn are behind it,then they had a coach."Winston looks at Ava with horror in his eyes as he leaves and Ava stands in the living room for a moment and thinks and a thought runs through her head and she gets her keys and heads out behind Winston to The Sunset Club.
   In Blue Ridge,Beth,Sully and Jared sits in the living room at Xavier's Mansion as Beth tells them"I am worried about him."Sully looks at her Grandmother and assures her"Daddy is fine.He's got Sayyid and Gran with him,we know he can survive anything."Beth looks at her Granddaughter and tells her"He's tough,but the last time he looked pale like that was when he was younger and it nearly killed him."Sully is quiet and asks"The ulcer?"Beth answers"Sort of.He has a place on his stomach lining that is essentially a tangled web of blood vessels that if it's aggravated,it could cause an aneurysm."Sully grows concerned and asks"When was the last time it flared up?"Beth says"When he thought Leigh had died.He almost died and luckily he survived.Stress can factor into another flare up and I just hope he does as I asked him to do."Sully grows worried,as does Beth as she tells Sully and Jared"With everything that's happened as of late,I am suspecting it's beginning to flare up again."Meanwhile on Xavier's jet,Tenny is asleep,as Beth gave her some medicine to help her nerves,Sayyid is in the back of the jet,guarding Tommy and tells him"I guess you're about to make yourself comfortable in a familiar place."Tommy is silent with anger in his eyes as Sayyid looks at him and says with a grin"I haven't seen that place for many years and don't think of escaping."Xavier meanwhile sits in a recliner,as he relaxes and prepares to return home and he walks to the lavatory and coughs and notices blood and Xavier is silent and heads back to the recliner,as he puts his hand on his stomach and says a prayer.
   Back in Adam's Landing,Winston arrives at The Sunset Club and arrives at the suite address and Ava is behind him as she tells him"I'm not about to let you come down here by yourself."Winston looks at Ava and they walk inside to find the room empty and notices a letter sitting on the night stand.Ava walks over to read it and tells Winston"Are you sure you want to know?"Winston gets the letter and reads it and has a look of horror on his face,as does Ava as he tells her"I'm not surprised."At Hell Hill,Leigh sits in the nursery with Gracie and Xavier Jr and Latoya walks into the room and tells Leigh"I saw that man again."Leigh looks at Latoya and she places the babies into their cribs and looks out of the window and tells Latoya"I don't believe it."Latoya asks her"Who is he?"Leigh turns around and asks Latoya"Has Country arrived yet?"Latoya tells her"I called him and he never answered the phone."Leigh tells Latoya"X will be here soon and when he's here,he won't be pleased."Outside Hell Hill,the man looks around and has a flashback and then leaves and makes a phone call to Brock Jr,who's at The Inn and tells him"I think the time is near."Brock Jr,who's sitting in the bar,tells the man"I think so."

1 comment:

  1. ANOTHER OUTSTANDING EIPSODE ! POOR "X" HE JUST CAN'T SEEM TO WIN ! CAN'T IMAGIN WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT !!! I BET IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD THOUGHT ! LOL

    ReplyDelete