Thursday, May 9, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 139. Finding A Heart

  Winston and Burt has arrived at City Hospital as Ava is sitting in a chair next to Jack,who's brain-dead from being shot by Angelica.Burt shakes his head in disgust as Winston sees his son and looks at Ava and asks her"Is this real?"Ava holds on to Jack and says in a distant tone"I don't want to believe this.I really don't want to believe this."Winston gets his cane,as he's weak from recovering from Leukemia and walks over to Jack and kisses him on his forehead and looks at Burt and says to him"I need some space.Stay here son."Burt nods as Winston walks into the hallway and sees Beth and Ruth and Winston asks"Where's Xavier?"Beth and Ruth tell him"He's with Leigh right now."Winston asks"How is Sully and Leigh?"Beth gets emotional and says slowly"Leigh's the luckiest woman I know.But Sully won't live if we don't find her a heart.And we need to find one soon."Winston grabs Beth's hand and tells her"Angelica and Chant were both scum and I'm glad both of them are dead.Because I would have killed them myself after what has happened."Ruth goes to check on Ava and Winston stops Ruth and says to her"I hate this Ruth.I'm going to check on Xavier."Winston goes to the elevator and heads to the ICU.Beth gets a phone call from Tenny and she tells her daughter"I'm at Hell Hill.I'll be there shortly."Beth tells her Mother"Stay there and I'll keep you updated."
  In Sully's room in the ICU,she lays motionless as she's been placed in a coma,awaiting a heart transplant,and Jared sits by her side and says to his wife"I don't believe this is real Sully.I can't grasp the reality of going on without you."Jared starts to cry and looks up and prays"I hope my Grandmother and Father are burning in hell for what they have done."Winston looks into Sully's room and looks at Jared and Winston says to his Grandson"She will survive Jared.There's a heart out there for Sully."Jared looks at him and says"How do you know that and what has changed you so much?"Winston says somberly"I have seen the error of my ways Jared,and I have messed up,but I have a second chance now and I face a challenge I wish I didn't face.But rest assured,your wife is a Jackson,and I have learned that they will survive anything."Jared asks Winston"How is Jack?"Winston looks down and says somberly"Ava is in denial.I am in denial.Jack is dead."Jared hugs Winston as Winston tells him"It's going to be hard to accept as I've learned much as of late,but even if you're not my biological Grandson,you still are my Grandson,and I'm your Grandfather."Jared looks at him and asks"What are you talking about?"Winston tells Jared about Angelica's affair with Desi and Olivia's father and tells him"Don't worry about that now.Let's just worry about finding your wife a heart."Jared looks at Winston with shock as he walks across the hall,to Leigh's room,and Winston looks through the window and says quietly with a tear in his eye"My Jackson will live on."
   In Leigh's room,Xavier sits by his wife's side as Leigh has awaken and looks over and says"X?"Xavier looks at his wife and strokes her hair and says"I'm right here."Leigh is groggy and asks her husband"How are my children?"Xavier says to her"Aunt Ciarra and Grandma is with Gracie and Little X.Latoya's there too."Leigh looks at Xavier and asks"How's Sully?"Xavier looks down and Leigh notices a look of uncertainty in her husband's eyes as Xavier quickly says"You will live and you don't worry about Princess.She is our daughter."Leigh asks again,in a serious tone"How bad was our daughter shot X?"Xavier takes a deep breath and turns away,and Leigh says"Xavier D Jackson,you need to tell me about my daughter!I deserve to know!"Xavier is silent and closes his eyes briefly and says slowly,trying his best to keep his composure"Sully is in a coma Leigh.She was shot in the heart and she won't survive if she doesn't find a donor."Leigh breaks down in tears as Xavier grabs her and tells her"Don't worry my love.She will survive.I will see to it.I promise you."Leigh looks at her husband and says"Xavier,you have always made promises and you've always taken care of our family,but this is in God's hands."Xavier looks at Leigh and tells her"If anything else,if I can't find a donor for Sully,I'll give her my heart so she can survive."Leigh cries and tells Xavier"You can't do that.Our babies need us.They need you."Xavier says somberly"That girl across the hall has been my world from the day she was born.She has a full life ahead of her that I am not going to allow to die."Beth walks into the room,eavesdropping on Leigh and Xavier's conversation,as he tells Leigh"I have my Colt 45 in my pocket,and if I have to,I will sacrifice myself for our daughter.Nobody or anything can stop that!"Beth tells her son"Terrance and Olivia are looking for a donor now.Come outside Xavier."Leigh looks at Beth and motions for Xavier to follow Beth into the hall,as Leigh tries to wrap her mind around what has happened and in the hall,Beth tells her son"We have a heart for Sully.But it's up to Ava."Xavier says somberly"I can't asks Ava to give Sully Jack's heart Mother.That's too much."Beth tells Xavier"Jack's dead and he won't survive.He's our only option."Winston stops and tells Xavier,as he hears Beth and Xavier talking"Ava has a long hard road ahead of her.I am willing and I know she is willing too.You don't worry about Sully dying Xavier.You get ready for that young lady in there to take charge with a vengeance,she is your daughter.And she will live."Xavier and Winston hugs as Beth tells them"What we need to do now is help Ava let her son go,and be there for her."Winston heads downstairs and tells Xavier"You are a great man Xavier.You took away two of the worst people in my life and I will see to it that your daughter lives."Winston walks away,and Xavier goes to see Sully,as Beth walks into Leigh's room.
   At Hell Hill,Ciarra walks downstairs,as Sassy has arrived and tells Ciarra and Tenny"Beth called me and told me to come over to help you all out with the babies."Tenny looks at Sassy and asks her"Do you think we can't take care of two young babies?We are way more experienced than your daughter!"Ciarra tells Sassy"Thank you for being here.Latoya has been a great help and you make yourself comfortable."Sassy heads up to the nursery,as Ciarra asks her sister"Why aren't you at the hospital Tennessee?"Tenny looks at Ciarra and says somberly"I can't go there right now."Ciarra looks at her watch and says"You'll be there tomorrow because your daughter needs you."Tenny looks at Ciarra and says to her with fear on her face"I walked in her office and when I seen my Great-Granddaughter and Leigh on the ground and the look on Xavier's face.I couldn't believe it."Ciarra sits down next to Tenny and says"Leigh will survive and Beth needs you more than I do."Tenny looks at Ciarra and tells her sister in a serious tone"I can go to the hospital when a baby's born,but when my Great-Granddaughter may be dying,it frightens me.It scares me to death."Ciarra hugs her sister as Tenny looks at Ciarra and adds"I hope and pray that Desi Lane pays for what she has done.Why Xavier didn't shoot that bitch I have no idea,but if Sully dies,I will!"Ciarra notices a folder on the coffee table and asks Tenny"Aren't those from Sullivan's?"Tenny looks at Ciarra and says"Ava is second in command from what I have understood regarding Class,and I do have experience in business."Ciarra asks"Are you thinking what I think you are?"Tenny looks at Ciarra and says"Ava's son was badly injured and he's dead.Something tells me Sully will make it and until she is able,I'm going to run Class and keep that store alive.I owe it to Sully,I owe it to my family."Ciarra looks at Tenny and says"If you're going to do that Tennessee,you better get ready for me to be by your side."Tenny looks at Ciarra and says"We ran Sullivan's together for many years before we sold out.We have and always will be a team Oldest Sister."Ciarra and Tenny hugs each other as Ciarra whispers"I'm going to let the last two words slide this time Tennessee."Tenny tells Ciarra"We're going to be working girls again!For Sully!"
   Back at City Hospital,Bree arrives and walks into Jack's room as Ava sits by his side and says to her son"You will survive Jackson.I'm not giving up."Burt is silent and Ruth sees Bree and walks her outside and fills her in on what has happened and Ruth asks her Granddaughter"Where is Frank?"Bree responds"He's done left for Valley Ridge."Ruth shakes her head and says in a tone of disdain"This has been the worst day of my life!My Grandson's dead,My son's playing with fate,DAMNIT!"Ruth gets upset and Bree consoles Ruth as Ruth breaks down and tells Bree"Sully may not live either and I just don't understand why this keeps happening to us?"Bree holds her Grandmother silently as Ruth cries on her shoulder.
   Meanwhile Winston walks back into Jack's room and he looks at Burt and says"Thank you for being here,I need to talk to Ava privately for a moment."Burt walks outside and Ava looks at Winston and says with denial in her voice"He will live Winston.My son isn't going to die."Winston tears up and looks at Ava and Ava looks at Winston and says"He will not die!"Winston looks at the machine that's hooked up to Jack,and tells Ava"Our son's brain-dead Ava.He's gone.This isn't fair to him for us to keep him like this."Ava yells"I am not ready to let him go Winston.Damnit I can't let my little boy go!He's my only son!"Winston stays strong and holds Ava and says"Look!Your niece needs a heart and Jack is going to survive Ava.He will always be here,and he wouldn't want this."Ava breaks down and says to Winston"I don't think I can do that."Winston looks at Ava and says"I know this is hard.I know Ava.But he isn't coming back."Ava looks at Jack and looks at Winston and tells him"This is too much to ask."Winston looks at Ava and assures her"When you see Sully,you'll know that Jackson Hale is alive,and his spirit will always be here.Ava is silent and asks"Is there any other way for Sully to live?"Winston shakes his head and says"She needs a heart and if she doesn't find one,she'll die and you don't want that do you?"Ava looks at Jack and she hears a voice and Ava looks at Winston with tears flowing down her face and says somberly"I would only do this for Sully."Ava calls a nurse and tells her"Tell Beth and Terrance I'm ready."Ava and Winston looks at Jack and Ava kisses her son and says"Goodbye my sweet little Jackson."Winston holds his hand and kisses him as Terrance arrives and pulls the plug as Ava holds onto Winston and cries as Jack dies.Jack comes out of his body and sees his parents and Ava feels her son touch her as B.R. is waiting at the door as Jack walks to him as they disappear and Winston and Ava holds each other tightly as both of them grieve for Jack.
   In Sully's room,Xavier,Beth,Jared,and Leigh,who's in a wheelchair as she's been brought into the room are at Sully's side as all of them pray for a miracle.J.D. walks into the room and Beth and Xavier hears his voice as he sees Sully laying in the hospital bed and walks over and says"You are not going anywhere."Sully's spirit sees him and asks"PaPaw Sullivan?"J.D. tells Sully"I am here only to tell you that heaven isn't ready for you yet.Everything is taken care of and you will be a success in life."Sully's spirit looks at J.D.,as he tells her"You are needed too much here and I am always watching over you."J.D. disappears and Beth and Xavier both look at each other and Xavier says"PaPaw was here."Beth says with a tear"I heard him too."They look at Sully as Leigh and Jared looks at Xavier and Beth and Leigh asks"If J.D. was just here,does that mean he was here for Sully?"Beth and Xavier looks at Leigh and Jared as Xavier walks over to his wife and gives her a hug and Beth says"He came here to let us know that Sully's going to live."Ava and Winston walks into Sully's room,along with Terrance as he tells Beth"Let's save your Granddaughter."Beth and Terrance heads to prep for surgery,as Xavier and Ava hug each other as both of them cry as Jared looks at Winston and he tells Leigh and Jared"Jack's heart will always beat inside of Sully and both of them will live."Jared hugs his Grandfather as Leigh looks at her daughter with tears of joy and says"You're going to live my sweet girl.You will live!"

1 comment:

  1. OH MY ! ONE BOX OF TISSUE PLEASE, MAYBE TWO ! SUCH A BEATUIFUL EIPISODE !! OUTSTANDING JOB GRADY ! YOU REALLY OUT DID YOURSELF ON THIS ONE !! BRAVO !!!

    ReplyDelete