Friday, May 17, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 145. The Memorial. Part 2

   In the Funeral Home,everyone's mouths drop when the girl takes off the veil and Ava shrieks"Rachel!"The Jacksons and Evans gather around Ava as she is enraged,as Xavier pulls out his Colt 45 as Beth stands next to her son as Rachel tells everyone"Poor Jack could only find peace in death."Rachel looks at Ava as she fakes tears and says to her"Did you shoot your son psycho-bitch?"Winston,Ruth,Frank,Aretha,and Terrance stands by Ava as Ruth and Winston holds her as Ava coldly says to Rachel"I wish I could trade your life for my son's."Xavier yells at Rachel"If you don't go back to where-ever you went,you'll be having a funeral also."Xavier walks into the aisle,with his Colt 45 aimed at Rachel and Rachel quickly tells everyone in the chapel"I will always love Jackson Hale.It's just too damn bad all of you bastards in this room corrupted him."Rachel then runs out of the room and Ava shrieks,as she fights her family's restraints"Come back here bitch."Andy yells"Let's get this funeral finished and forget about this interruption."The pallbearers walk up to Jack's casket,Burt,Jared,Rashad,Allan,Terrance,and Country,and they take Jack's casket to the hearse to carry him to Hell Hill,where the Jackson Family plot is located,to his final resting place.Everyone follows the casket,as Xavier walks outside and looks around and sees skid marks and he makes a phone call to Bobby.Meanwhile,Ruth and Winston do their best to keep Ava calm as does Aretha,Willie,and Ciarra.Tenny looks at Beth and quips"Xavier should have shot her and got it finished with."Beth rolls her eyes,as everyone is angry at Rachel's unannounced presence,as she has already left.Everyone gets in their cars to head to Hell Hill,and Ava runs to Winston's car and quickly enters and locks the door and turns the car on,as everyone looks on,in fear for Ava,as she is enraged as she quickly speeds off."Xavier tells everyone"Let's bury Jack and then we'll deal with everything else."The Jacksons,Sullivans,Hales,and Evans families follow behind the hearse,as Winston rides with Burt,as Ava has left.
  At Class,Summer walks into the store in a unsuspecting tone,and makes her way to Sully's office unnoticed.She finds the door's locked and picks the lock until she gets inside.An alarm goes off as Summer tries to turn it off,typing in a code that Desi gave her and it's unsuccessful.Summer looks around for a moment in panic,and heads over to the vault,as an employee walks into the office and looks around for a moment,and locks the office door and leaves,as Summer hides under Sully's desk."Once the employee leaves,Summer has a look of regret,but attempts to open the vault,as she types in the code Desi has given her.At Russell's suite at The Sunset Club,Desi tells Russell"I hope Summer is successful."Russell tells Desi in a tone of fear"I think we need to plan exile due to what I've done and what Summer's doing now,Xavier will go all out and with his right hand man as District Attorney,it's over if Summer gets busted."Back at Class,Summer types in the first code that Desi has given her,and it's unsuccessful.Summer hesitates and reaches for her phone,and says to herself"Damn it's in the car."Summer thinks for a moment and types in another code and once again,it's unsuccessful.Summer tries a few more codes as she tries to figure out the combination,but she fails,and as she heads to the door to leave,she finds herself locked inside the office."Summer looks around and has a look of defeat,as she tries to plan a way to escape without getting caught.
   Down at the ALPD,Michael and his cell-mate are in their cell as Bobby walks down there and yells"Sayyid,you making Michael comfortable?"Sayyid turns around and goes"Bobby Whitten?"Bobby looks at Sayyid and says"Clemmon Ross."Sayyid tells Bobby"I don't go by that name,I converted to Islam and it's Sayyid now."Bobby looks at the jailer and tells him"Let Mr.Ross out of his cell."The jailer walks over and lets Sayyid out of his cell as he smiles at Michael and says"The Jackson Family still run Adam's Landing white boy.The only white folks in this town that ever gave a damn."Bobby and Sayyid walks into Bobby's office and Bobby tells the jailer"Take off Mr.Ross' handcuffs.There's no reason for that."The jailer stares at Bobby and asks"Sayyid has a reputation.He may escape."Bobby says in confidence"Clem won't be going anywhere."The jailer walks out of Bobby's office as Sayyid once again tells Bobby"I thought I told you I am Sayyid."Bobby looks at Sayyid and tells him"You'll always be Clem to me."Bobby reads Sayyid's records and tells him"I see you are still living dangerously.So you're awaiting transport to Unity?"Sayyid tells Bobby"I have been here and there.I was in the Black Panthers after leaving town.Then I moved to Blue Ridge and found a woman and had a few kids and settled down,worked for myself and took care of my family."Bobby looks at Sayyid and asks him"Do you keep in touch with Willie or the family?"Sayyid tells Bobby"I haven't spoken to Willie since Mama died 15 years ago.But I always read The Exposer and heard Terrance has moved up and Rashad's following Sidney's footsteps.Willie never did approve of my lifestyle,or choice of religion,but she did a great job with the family."Bobby asks Sayyid"Has Michael tried anything with you?"Sayyid pumps his fists and tells Bobby"I got his punk ass so scared right now he's probably in there praying to die.Which I am more than happy to deliver to him if he tries his racist mess on me."Bobby tells Sayyid"I'm going to make a deal with you.If you keep Michael company and keep him on edge,I'll fix your problems and you'll be free."Sayyid laughs"You jiving Bobby?"Bobby looks at Sayyid and tells him"You know who runs Adam's Landing and I work for them."Sayyid starts to cry and tells Bobby"B.R. and Ruth Jackson were the best people in Adam's Landing.Ruth always looked at Willie and I as her family since we picked cotton together as kids.B.R. gave me my first job running Moonshine and then once I left town,I graduated."Bobby laughs,reading Sayyid's file"I'd say so Clem."Sayyid asks"I heard B.R. died so who's the head of the Jackson family now?"Bobby says"B.R.'s illegitimate son,Xavier Jackson."Sayyid sits back and is silent,as he tells Bobby"I'm game."
   At Hell Hill,Leigh walks outside with Gracie and Xavier Jr,as everyone arrives at the burial grounds on the property,where B.R. and many members of the Jackson family are buried.Jack's casket is carried by the pallbearers to his burial site,as everyone gathers around as Andy reads some scripture before Jack's casket is lowered into the ground.Everyone's minds are on Ava,as she hasn't arrived and Winston,who stands next to Xavier,tells him"She's lost it."Xavier motions for Country quietly and he walks over and Xavier asks Country"When you dumped Rachel out,wasn't it near Sugar Creek?"Country quietly says"It was in a vineyard up close to it."Everyone grows silent as Andy says a final prayer before Jack's casket is lowered into the ground.Ruth breaks down and cries for Jack and for Ava,as Frank and Bree comfort her,as Beth stands with Leigh and the babies,Tenny,and Ciarra.Willie stands with Aretha and Terrance,and Latoya. Rashad,Jared,Burt and Allan stands by as Jack's casket is lowered in silence."Andy concludes the funeral and everyone is full of emotions ranging from shock,to anger,to humiliation,and worry and concern.Winston tries to call Ava as does Xavier and neither of them gets an answer.Xavier asks Winston"Does Ava know where Rachel went after leaving town."Winston is silent and tells Xavier and Country"She does."Xavier and Winston both turn to Country and Country tells them"I'm on my way to Sugar Creek."Country asks Xavier"Do you want me to drive or fly?"Xavier tells him"Drive."Winston tells Country"I have a GPS system on my car and I will know where she is."Country heads to his truck and heads out."Ruth walks over to Xavier and Winston and asks"Where is Ava?"Winston and Xavier says with a tone of concern"She's likely on her way to find Rachel."Ruth rolls her eyes and cries"Ava did not need this."Xavier and Winston agrees as Winston checks his phone and looks for Ava,and tells them"The GPS is off."Xavier calls Country and tells him"The GPS is off."Xavier then gives Country the license plate and description of Winston's car and hangs up."Meanwhile,Rachel has arrived at Adam's Landing International Airport and gets the first ticket to Sugar Creek,as she leaves Adam's Landing in fear of her life.
   At The Sunset Club,Desi and Russell are sitting on his bed,as both of them worry about Summer for different reasons.Desi tells Russell"She should be back by now."Russell makes a phone call to Summer,but gets no answer.He tells Desi"Summer has a bad habit of leaving her phone in her car."Desi yells"This is a life and death situation moment!There's no room to make mistakes!"Russell tells Desi"If I don't hear from her within the next few minutes,I'm going down there to check on her."Desi looks at Russell and warns him"She better get my damn deed.That company is mine!"Russell looks at Desi in frustration and tells her sternly"I am sick of hearing your griping on Lane's!Shut up with it!"Desi backs up and snaps at Russell"If you don't play ball Mr.Former DA,I may just have to tell my side to our little tryst.Jesse Adams saved my life!"Russell warns Desi"You wouldn't do that if you want to save what little you have left of your reputation."Desi looks at Russell and tells him"I used you to get out of jail Russell.That was it.I played you."Russell looks at Desi,with anger in his eyes and tells her"I'm about to check on my daughter and I just hope you can find yourself an attorney."Desi quips"I already got one."Russell angrily yells"Good!You'll need one.Because I'm about to help Bobby send Michael down to Unity,and he'll never get out,and you won't NEVER see him again!I know how to play the game too."Russell storms out and Desi walks around his suite and says to herself"What an idiot.He will get his for humiliating me."Desi goes through Russell's briefcase and finds something and smiles and walks out of his suite.
   Back at the ALPD,Bobby receives a phone call from Xavier,as he asks Bobby"Has Rachel Lane tried to leave Adam's Landing yet?"Bobby makes a phone call to Adam's Landing International,and asks someone"Has a Rachel Lane checked in for a flight to Sugar Creek?"The attendant tells Bobby"There hasn't been a Rachel Lane here."Bobby gets back on the phone with Xavier and fills him in and Xavier asks"Ask about Amanda Rouse."Bobby asks the attendant"How about an Amanda Rouse?"The attendant tells him"Her flight has just left the runway for Sugar Creek."Bobby hangs up and tells Xavier"Rachel's headed back to Sugar Creek."Xavier hangs up and Bobby sits back and says to himself"Adam's Landing will be much safer now that I'm in the DA position."Down in Michael's cell,Sayyid returns and pulls out a rug and turns to the East and begins prayer,and Michael asks Sayyid"Are you praying for Mercy?"Sayyid gets up and pulls Michael off his bunk and coldly tells him,with his hand around his throat"I'm saying my daily prayers white boy,so shut your ass up!"Michael is thrown back on his bunk and asks Sayyid"So I take it you're a muslim?That's not the right path."Sayyid gets up and jumps on top of Michael in his bunk and coldly warns him,as he pulls out a razor"You are a Barr and all your family ever did was cut my brothers and sisters down with your cross burnings and all.Let's just get one thing straight right now,you keep your mouth shut Barr,because if you don't,I'll cut your chords!"Michael gets scared as Sayyid gently eases the razor across Michael's throat and jumps off of him as he looks up and says"Allah give me strength."
  At Class,Russell has arrived and asks an employee"Is Summer here?"The employee tells him"I haven't seen her Russell."Russell gets concerned and walks out and makes a phone call to Bobby and tells him"I got some strategy on how to send Desi to Unity Prison with her son."Meanwhile,Desi sits in the bar at Chantel's,as she is reading something and says to herself"Wow.I think this will hurt.Poor Bree doesn't know that Russell has her paternity results and if she does things right,maybe she will find out."Unknown to Desi,Bree is behind her,as is Aretha,and Terrance,as Jack's funeral has concluded,and Bree asks Desi"And what will I have to do Desi?"Desi looks at Bree and tells her"You get my son out of jail."Bree denies her and Aretha and Terrance grabs Desi's arms,as Bree takes the results from Desi.She looks at her paternity results and she is shocked to see who's her real father,as are Aretha and Terrance.Desi yells"Give them back to me."Aretha walks over to Desi and sternly tells her"Enjoy your life story in tomorrow's issue."Bree walks out with the paternity results in a state of shock,as Aretha and Terrance sits next to Desi and tells her"Let's talk about Michael."
  At Hell Hill,Xavier,Leigh,Winston,Burt,Ruth,Beth,Frank,Jared,Andy,Willie,Rashad and Latoya are in the living room as all of them worries for Ava.Xavier tells everyone"Ava will be fine.Bobby is in charge of the ALPD now and our family has full power over Adam's Landing."Jared tells everyone"I'm going to see my wife."Beth tells Jared"I'm going with you."Latoya and Rashad takes Gracie and Xavier Jr upstairs to the nursery and Willie gives Ruth a hug and asks her"Do you want to come down to Chantel's with Aretha and Terrance?Bree's there and it's on me.I know you could use this."Ruth hugs Willie and tells her best friend"Thank you for the offer,but I'm more worried about Ava."Willie leaves and Burt tells his Father"You need to rest after today.Everyone's looking for Ava.You have nothing to worry about Dad."Winston turns around to Burt and says with tears"You called me Dad.I'm glad you're my son Burt."Burt takes Winston home and Frank takes Ruth back to The Farm,as Xavier and Leigh sits in the living room and Leigh tells Xavier"I can't believe Rachel would have the nerve to come back to Adam's Landing."Xavier assures his wife"She is lucky she made it out of Adam's Landing alive."Leigh reminds him,as does Andy"Ava does have a temper and she left with a look of rage."Xavier is scared for his sister,as is everyone,but he tells them"Ava's smart and though she's full of grief,she will be rational.I just hope Country can find her."Andy leaves and Rashad comes downstairs and heads out and Xavier and Leigh heads up to the nursery,as Latoya sings to Gracie and Xavier Jr,and they tell her"We're going to see Sully."Xavier and Leigh kisses their twins and leaves.At Class,Tenny and Ciarra has arrived with Precious as Tenny and Ciarra argue"I think I should have brought him to the funeral after that bitch had the nerve to show up."Ciarra rolls her eyes as they walk up to Sully's office.Inside,Summer hears the door unlock and she hides underneath Sully's desk,as Tenny and Ciarra walks inside.Tenny takes Precious off his leash and he puts his nose to the ground and walks over to Sully's desk and begins to growl and snarl as Summer screams and Tenny and Ciarra walks over and looks at Summer and Tenny asks her"Why are you here?"Meanwhile,on the Interstate,a hour and a half outside of Adam's Landing,Ava is driving with fury in her eyes as her phone continues to ring,and she throws it out the window and coldly says"Rachel Lane,you're dead bitch!"

1 comment: