Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 143. Playing With Fire

  It's the next morning in Adam's Landing and at City Hospital,Beth arrives in Leigh's room and sees her son laying in bed with her and tells them"It's time for you guys to go back home."Leigh and Xavier awaken and the discharge papers are signed and Leigh asks Beth,as Xavier's waking up"How is Sully this morning?"Beth laughs"She's in her room drawing up a design."Leigh smiles and tells Beth"She is a workaholic like her Daddy."Beth and Leigh looks at Xavier with a laugh and Xavier tells his Mother and wife"I raised her.What can I say?"All of them laughs as Leigh goes to get changed as Xavier walks across the hall and sees that Jared is gone and asks Sully"Where's Jared?"Sully,who's working on a design for Class,tells her Father"I told him to go to work.I wanted to have some time to myself."Xavier rolls his eyes and tells his daughter"The other day I'd never dreamed you'd survive.But you did and you're getting back to yourself so quickly."Beth checks Sully's vitals and tells Xavier"She's getting stronger too.I think the sketch pad is helping."Sully tells her Father and Grandmother with confidence in her voice"I know it's going to be tough to adjust to a new heart and everything,but it won't stop me from what I love to do."Xavier reminds his daughter"Don't work too hard in here.You're still recovering."Beth agrees with Xavier,as does Leigh as she walks in the room and Sully asks her parents"Are the two of you going to Jack's Funeral?"Leigh tells her daughter"I'm staying at the house with Gracie and Little X,but your daddy's going."Xavier sighs and takes a deep breath and says to everyone"I hate funerals so much.I don't think I've went to a funeral since PaPaw died years ago."Leigh looks at Xavier,as does Beth and Sully and Sully tells her Father"I got something I want you to read to everyone when you go to the funeral today."Sully hands Xavier a letter and he reads it and tells his daughter"For you I will.And for Ava.She will need this."Xavier and Leigh gives Sully a hug and they return to Hell Hill,as Beth tells Xavier"I'll meet you later at The Funeral Home."Xavier and Leigh heads out as Xavier tells his wife"Want some breakfast?"Leigh looks at him and says"You have never done breakfast X?"Xavier tells his wife with a kiss"I thought before we got back home,we could have coffee at Chantel's.I know hospital food sucks."Leigh looks at Xavier and smiles and says"You own City Hospital my love.Fix it."They laugh as they head to Chantel's.
  At The Evans Home,Willie,Aretha,Rashad,and Terrance sits in the kitchen as Willie's cooked breakfast for her family and they all say a prayer before they eat.Aretha checks her tablet and tells everyone"Michael's stunt in Valley Ridge has made national headlines.This may be a career boost as well for yours truly."Willie looks at her daughter and tells her"If you begin to get recognition for what you've done,make sure you do the right thing and not get the big head."Aretha tells her family"After the way Michael's treated Terrance and Rashad,once you mess with one of us,you've messed with all of us."Terrance pumps his fist with pride and says"Right on sister.Last time I seen him I left my intinals in his face.You know a redneck's worst dream is to get his ass kicked by a gay,African-American man."The window in the living room smashes open as a car burns out through Willie's yard and leaves,and Willie has a brief panic attack,as Terrance tells his Mother"Breathe in and out and count to 10."He holds onto her as they walk inside and finds a brick sitting in the living room with a letter attached to it.Willie has a look of horror as Aretha picks up the brick and reads the letter as it says"You really screwed yourself up now *******.If I lose my career,then you lose something bitch!"Everyone looks at Aretha,as she's frozen,red in the eyes with anger and shows her family the letter and tells them coldly"I'm about to destroy that racist bastard and he's going to wish he never messed with me!"Willie calls Frank's house and asks him"Do you know where Michael Barr lives?"Frank gives her the address and asks Willie"Did he do something else?"Willie tells him"I don't know.His name wasn't on the letter,but our front window is in the middle of the living room."Frank tells Willie"I'm on my way."Frank hangs up the phone,as does Willie and Aretha asks"What's that punk's address?"Willie tells her and Aretha goes into the closet and gets Sidney's rifle and tells them"If I'm not home tonight,you'll know where I am!"Terrance and Rashad prepares to follow Aretha out as she heads out and Willie yells at them all"Violence is not the way to handle this!Don't any of you remember what King said?"Aretha looks at her Mother and says"This has to stop before someone dies and if anyone's going to die it will be Michael."Willie orders Aretha to put Sidney's rifle back in the closet and tells her family"Leave that brick and letter here,and Michael will pay for this dearly.He will know what it's like not to be free."Aretha heads off,as Terrance goes to the hospital,and Rashad stays with his Grandmother,as Willie calls the ALPD.Once Aretha and Terrance walks outside,they look at each other and neither of them say a word except"We're going to visit somebody."And they head to Michael's apartment."
   Meanwhile at Chantel's,Desi arrives and meets up with Russell,as they have breakfast together and Desi tells Russell once again"Thank you for helping me out."Russell looks at Desi and tells her"It's like you said,Xavier thinks he can control Adam's Landing,and he's just learned that money talks.I didn't get a check."Desi smiles and says"That's the way to think.By the way I'm single now."Russell is intrigued and he pulls out his tablet and reads the news and hands it over to Desi as she reads Aretha's story on Michael and Desi closes her eyes,as she says to herself"She will think twice about going after my son."Russell asks Desi"Have you seen him since you've been released?"Desi tells him"I stayed with him last night.He was home when I left.I want to get my company back and I think it can happen with Beth's psycho Mother in charge."Desi and Russell begins to talk about Tenny and he reminds Desi"She once was a very powerful woman in the business world.Ava worked for Sullivan's for years until the rape."Desi adds"And when J.D. died,she sold her business too.She is known to leave when the heat is on."Meanwhile Michael is at The Inn,as he finds Jesse at the bar and tells Michael"Get the hell away from me!"Michael looks at Jesse and tells him"I took care of the Evans this morning."Jesse gets angry and tells Michael"I have had enough of your sorry ass and your Mother's.Both of you are selfish,back-stabbing sons of a bitches that are out for themselves.I'm going back to LaFayette and you just get used to life outside of racing."Michael looks at Jesse and grabs him up and asks him in a cocky tone"Are you talking about my Mom you old drunk loser?I'll bust your ass for that!"Jesse pushes Michael off of him and tells him"I come from the old school boy.I have a team and a career to save due to your actions.If I ever see you again,I'll be the last person you ever see!"Jesse gets his suitcase and walks out and Michael laughs in a cocky tone and walks out and heads to his car and is stopped by a reporter and the reporter asks Michael"How does it feel to be banned from The Stock Car League?"Michael smirks"I stand up for what I believe in!"Michael leaves as he gets in his car and says to himself"I think my message to The Evans will shut them up.
   At Ava's mansion,Ruth walks up to Ava's room and takes her breakfast and Ava tells her Mother"I am ready to get this over with.I can't believe today I'll be burying my son."Winston walks into Ava's room and tells her"Xavier is going to be there and Andy's going to deliver the eulogy.Everything is ready and you will be surprised with who else is coming?"Ava looks at Winston and rolls her eyes and says"I pray their last name isn't Lane?"Tenny walks in Ava's room as Ruth is stunned and Tenny gives Ava a hug and tells her"I thought about it last night while talking to Precious and I'm going to be by your side.You are going to be amazed to see how many people will be there."Ava yells"This was going to be private!"Tenny assures Ava"It's going to be private.I told Ciarra to bring Precious,and if anyone shows up that shouldn't be there,then he'll have his lunch."Ruth looks at Tenny and asks"What in the hell are you talking about?You will not bring a dog to my Grandson's funeral you old bat!"Tenny looks at Ruth,insulted and asks her"I'm old,I am wrinkle free.And my hair's its natural color.You look like Grandma Moses.How about I pay for a touch up like plastic surgery."Ruth reaches out to slap Tenny and Ava tells them with a laugh"It's weird,but this makes me feel better.Ava looks at Tenny and says to her former boss"Thank you for being here for me Tenny."Ruth shakes her head as Winston tells them"Burt's here to take me to chemo.I'll be at the Funeral Home after it's finished."Ava hugs Winston and leaves and Tenny looks at Ruth and tells her"Will you go bring me some coffee?I want a moment with Ava."Ruth rolls her eyes and says"I will go get some for you Ms.Sullivan."Ruth walks out of Ava's room,and as she heads to the kitchen mumbles"And I'd like to pour it all over you bitch."
   At City Hospital,Sully sits up in her bed as Beth is staying next to her and asks her Grandmother"Aren't you going to Jack's funeral?"Beth tells her Granddaughter"As long as you're here,I'm not leaving."Sully tells her"I will be fine.Ava needs you more than I do.Jared's going too."Beth tells Sully"I think Ava's going to be surprised at all the support she's going to find when she walks in that Funeral Home today."Sully tells her Grandmother"I wish I could be there to support her,but I know I can't,laying in this bed."Beth looks at Sully and tells her"Ava knowing that you're alive is what counts and I believe that Xavier will do a great job at delivering your speech."Sully says to Beth"Daddy hates funerals.He didn't even go to his own Father's."Beth explains"He had just found out about B.R. being his Father and he wasn't ready yet to face the family.Times are different now though sweetie.He had a lot to adjust to when B.R. died.Sully asks Beth"I get confused sometimes with him,I look at Frank and I don't know whether to call him Uncle Frank or Grandpa.I remember B.R. coming up to the house at Christmas and Thanksgiving the last few years and he was such a nice but lonely man."Beth grabs Sully's hand and sighs and says"He had a lot to deal with here in Adam's Landing.When he came to visit,it was his escape.He could relax in Blue Ridge.What most of the family don't know was that before he died,he was planning to move to Blue Ridge."Sully is stunned and goes"You mean he was planning to leave Adam's Landing?"Beth nods and says"He was.Had Brock Jr not of killed him,he would have been living in Blue Ridge now."Sully asks"Does Daddy know about that?"Beth tells Sully"He wanted to surprise him.But let's keep this between us."Sully looks at her Grandmother as she stares at her intensely and asks"Were you thinking about getting together with him?"Beth is silent and turns on the TV and tells Sully"I won't answer that one."Beth walks out of Sully's room as Sully watches the news and laughs as she sees the announcement about Michael's suspension and pulls out her sketch pad,as Beth walks down the hall and is quiet and looks up.
   At Chantel's,Xavier and Leigh have arrived and are having coffee together and Leigh asks her husband"I thought Percy's was the place to go for breakfast in Adam's Landing?"Xavier says"Mother sold it.I hear it's going to become a bar or club."Meanwhile sitting at the bar is Desi,as Russell has left for the ALPD and she spots Xavier and Leigh and walks over to their table and Leigh grabs Xavier's hand under the table as both of them look at her with an evil eye.Desi looks at Leigh and says"I'm glad to see you've risen from the grave again?"Xavier coldly says"How did you get out of jail?"Desi smiles and says"You should have been on your game X.Money talks and sex talks."Leigh gets angry as Desi tells them"I hear Tenny's in charge of Lane's and with all the chaos going on in your family,I think now would be best for me to take back what's mine."Leigh stands up and looks at Desi as Xavier is shocked as Leigh gets in Desi's face and tells her with anger in her tone"My daughter almost died because of you.My nephew died because of you.I almost lost my life because of you.You need to stay the hell away from my family you selfish,conceited bitch,and find something else to do,like save your son!"Desi tells Leigh in a cocky tone"You were dead and you didn't raise Sully.Look how she turned out,just like Beth.Poor girl,she turned into a cold hearted,selfish bitch with the evil that all the Jacksons possess.."Leigh punches Desi in the face and yells"Get up bitch.Get up!"Desi gets up as she yells"My nose is broken.Leigh warns Desi"You think Beth's a bitch?You don't want to mess with me!Get lost."Desi looks up and walks out as Xavier looks at Leigh with shock and says"Wow!Ms.Cool has finally lost her temper."Leigh shrugs"She deserved it."Xavier and Leigh kiss and they leave their check on the table and a nice tip and heads back to Hell Hill as Xavier sends some pictures to Aretha and Leigh asks him"What are you up to X?"Xavier smiles and says to Leigh"I just ruined Russell Marx."
   Back at The Evans Home,Frank has replaced the window in Willie's living room as it was smashed by the brick that was thrown through it by Michael,and Bobby tells Willie and Rashad"I think Michael Barr won't ever be free again if I have anything to do with it."Rashad asks Frank"Should you have waited to fix the window for evidence?"Frank assures Rashad"That brick and letter is all we need.You should know by now who controls Adam's Landing and it's the Jackson family.Michael won't get away with this."Meanwhile,back at Michael's apartment,he walks into his apartment,as he notices the door open and yells"Mom?"Aretha and Terrance are there and Aretha snarks"You want your Mommy you bastard?Your Mommy can't help you even if she sleeps with the President."Michael yells"Look ******...Terrance and Aretha both jump in Michael's face as Aretha slaps him to the ground as Terrance stands behind his sister,as Aretha shrieks"Oh hell no you didn't you worthless piece of white trash.You think throwing a brick through my window would scare me?You think a damn brick would scare either of us?You're wrong!I am sick and tired of people like you Michael.The good ole boy system doesn't work anymore here!"Aretha pulls Michael up and slaps him again in rage and continues"When I grew up,I had to deal with being called a ******,so many slurs,I couldn't even go to school with white kids.I had to drink from a different fountain because I was African-American.You know what though?My Mama and Daddy raised me and my brother to overcome and Adam's Landing changed drastically after your Grandfather burned crosses in our front yard after my Daddy won at the Fairgrounds and kicked every redneck's ass in that race that didn't like him for his skin color.He stood firm and proud and I am grateful that we had friends like B.R. and Ruth Jackson because they woke Adam's Landing up,and nobody disrespected Brock Rudolph Jackson or his family and after Daddy won,we were equal.It's 2013 now Michael.Times has changed and you are about to pay for this with your freedom and rights taken from you!"The ALPD arrives as Terrance has texted them and Michael's arrested as he yells"I did nothing wrong."The policeman tells him"You're going to jail and we have enough evidence to send you down to Unity."Michael is handcuffed and taken to the police car,as he's taken to jail,and Desi arrives and Aretha looks at Desi as does Terrance as Desi asks"What just happened?"Aretha looks at Desi and says"All I can tell you is sleeping with Russell won't get your son off now!"Aretha and Terrance leaves and Desi shakes her head is disgust and is quiet for a moment and has a thought and walks inside and cries.

1 comment:

  1. ANOTHER OUTSTANDING EPISODE MY FRIEND !! YOU ARE REALLY ON A ROLL !!! GOOD JOB !!

    ReplyDelete