Friday, May 10, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 140. The Road To Recovery

  It's the next morning in Adam's Landing and at City Hospital,Sully is in the ICU as Beth and Terrance has performed the Heart Transplant needed in order for Sully to survive.Sully is silent,as she's still in a coma as Jared sits by her beside and Xavier walks in and asks"How is she?"Jared says"I'm just glad she's going to live."Xavier walks over and tells his son in law"I am too Jared."Terrance walks into the room and checks Sully's vitals and Xavier asks Terrance"Where's my Mother?"Terrance tells him"She left for a few moments."Xavier wonders where his Mother is and Terrance tells Xavier and Jared"So far,it looks like Sully's body is accepting Jack's heart.I'm going to slowly bring her to and monitor her recovery as we don't know for certain if this is successful."Xavier looks at Terrance and tells him with a smile"I know it will be.That girl is a fighter and she will be back to herself before we know it."Terrance looks at Xavier and tells him"Knowing who she's related to,I have no doubts about that."
  In Leigh's room,she wakes up and hears two cries,as Beth has arrived with Ciarra with Gracie and Xavier Jr,along with Sassy and Latoya and Leigh smiles as she sees her babies and holds them and asks Beth"How is Sully?"Beth tells Leigh"So far so good.I stayed here last night in a spare room and went over to the house this morning to check on these two babies.They wanted their Mama."Ciarra tells Leigh,as the babies are quiet in Leigh's arms"This is the first time they've been quiet since yesterday."Leigh looks at Ciarra,Latoya,and Sassy and thanks them for watching Gracie and Xavier Jr,and Sassy looks at Leigh and tells her"There's no need to thank us for helping.We wouldn't have had it any other way."Latoya gets a phone call and walks out into the hall as it's Rashad and he tells LaToya"We're on the pole at Valley Ridge and Frank starts 2nd."Beth walks out and notices Latoya on the phone with Rashad and tells her after she hangs up"You're a lucky girl to have someone like Rashad."Latoya blushes and says with a grin"He's been great to me.I just hope he does well with this racing gig."Beth grows silent and asks"Did he mention anything about Frank?"Latoya responds"He mentioned that he's starting on the pole."Beth rolls her eyes and sees Terrance walk out of Sully's room,and he looks at Beth and says with a smile"I think she's going to be fine.Everything looks fine.I'm going to ease her out of her coma and monitor her closely."Beth hugs Terrance and says proudly"You are the finest doctor I know Dr.Evans.That's why I made you the Chief of Staff."Terrance looks down and says with regret"I am glad we saved Sully.But I have made some mistakes."Beth looks at Terrance and notices something different and asks"What's bothering you Terrance?"Terrance quickly responds"At least Sully's transplant has been a success and I'm going down to release Allison."Beth looks at Terrance with a puzzled look and says to him"You and I will be talking when you get back."Terrance walks away as Beth walks into Sully's room to check on her Granddaughter."
  Meanwhile,Ava and Winston are at her mansion,as she has the drapes closed and Winston walks downstairs and tells Ava"Ruth called."Ava is despondent as she goes through Jack's baby book and Winston attempts to open the drapes and Ava yells"No!Just leave them closed and I don't want to see anybody."Winston sits next to Ava and tells her gently"Aretha wrote a beautiful memoriam in The Exposer this morning about Jack."He hands the tablet to Ava and she throws it across the room and tells Winston"This is hell Winston."Winston looks at Ava and says sternly"My dear,Hell's a lot worse than this.I am mourning too,but we will have to keep living.Jack would want that."Ava looks at Winston,as tears flow down her face and says"I can't accept the fact that my son is dead Winston.He was here yesterday,he was such a good kid,and then in an instant,he is gone."Winston holds Ava as she cries and Ruth walks inside and tells Ava"I have called and called and you haven't answered."Ava looks at her Mother and says tearfully"I want to be alone.I can't handle this."Winston looks at Ruth as Ruth tells Ava"Sully is recovering nicely from the transplant and Jack's heart will keep beating for years to come.He's still here."Ruth screams"No he is not!He's dead and I can't deal with this!"Winston pulls open the drapes and walks over and grabs Ava and yells"Damnit Ava,pull yourself together.You are tough as nails and I will not sit and watch you fall apart."Ruth reminds Ava"You are my daughter and you have been through a lot in your life,this is just another obstacle and time heals."Ava pulls away from Winston and Ruth and yells"My heart feels ripped out of me.I don't want to live,knowing my son isn't here."Ava runs up the stairs and locks herself in her room and Ruth looks at Winston and says with concern in her tone"She's scaring me."Winston tells Ruth"She is in denial Ruth and I think she just needs to be alone."Ruth looks at Winston and asks him"How are you staying so strong and what changed you so much?"Winston looks at Ruth and says somberly"That woman took care of me when I was at death's door and never left my side.Somebody has to be strong for her and I will do that."Winston tells Ruth"I want you to make the arrangements for Jack's funeral.Ava isn't able to do it right now and I can't leave Ava."Winston hands Ruth a list and says"Here's Jack's favorite songs and his wishes.I need to check on Ava."Ruth hugs Winston and tells him"Take care of her Winston.I am glad you're here."Winston assures Ruth"I'm staying with her and I will take care of her."Ruth smiles at Winston and heads for the Funeral Home.Meanwhile Ava's in her room and sees a picture of Jack when he was young,and she clutches the picture in her arms as she cries uncontrollably and says"I can't do this.I can't do this."
  At Valley Ridge International Speedway,Rashad walks into Frank's motor coach and Frank is quiet and Rashad asks him"How are you Frank?"Frank tells Rashad"I hate what has happened to my nephew though I didn't know him well."Rashad tells Frank"Jack was my best friend and we grew up together.We will win this race today for him."Cale walks into the motor coach and tells Frank"Allison's being released today."Frank smiles and Cale asks his Father"Are you ok?"Frank is silent and says"We're going to win this race today and I won't take nothing less."The team director arrives and tells Frank and Rashad"It's time to head to the cars."Cale hugs his Father and says to him and Rashad"Go kick some ass today."Frank pats his son on the back as he walks out and he heads to Cale's car on pit road,as Rashad is stopped on his way to Allison's car,by Michael and he looks at Rashad and says in a hateful tone"This is a white man's sport boy."Rashad looks at Michael and goes"Excuse me?"Michael pins Rashad against the motor coach and warns him"If you come close to me today boy,I'll put your ass in the wall!"Aretha and Willie are also at the track,to watch Rashad's race and walk up to Michael,as Aretha's got a tape recorder on and says to Michael"What did you just say?"Michael turns around and looks at Rashad's Mother and Grandmother and says to them"This is a white man's sport.Why don't you guys go fry some chicken and take your son back to where he belongs."Willie gets furious and slaps Michael to the ground and yells"You Barrs have always been nothing but white trash!You are just like your Father and Grandfather.I hope all of you burn in hell you punk son of a bitch!"Michael asks Willie"How do you feel about your son being gay?That's two strikes against him."Cale watches the altercation,as does a race official,and tells Michael"You pack up and leave."Michael looks at the race official and says"I have a race to run today."The race official tells him"We know what you said to Rashad and you've been suspended indefinitely."Michael looks at Willie,Aretha,Rashad,and Cale and warns them"You'll pay for this!"Aretha pulls out a recorder and tells Michael"I think you'll be the one paying the price."Michael is carried away by the race official and Cale tells Rashad"It's time to race."Rashad heads to his car,as Cale,Aretha,and Willie walks into Frank's motor coach to watch the race,as Frank's on the pole,and Rashad starts 2nd.
  At City Hospital,Beth walks into Sully's room,as Xavier and Jared are sitting by her side as Sully slowly comes out of her coma,and Beth tells her son"Go across the hall and see your wife."Xavier tells his Mother"I want to be here when she wakes up."Beth looks at Xavier and says sternly"Two people want to see you."Xavier leaves and Beth checks on Sully,as Jared watches on,and Beth tells Jared"She's slowly coming to.Her body's accepting Jack's heart."Jared cries tears of joy and asks Beth"Is it wise that I'm here Beth?The last time we were together was when Summer was at our Penthouse and she didn't want me there."Beth assures Jared"Sully knows the truth Jared.Whatever happened in the past with Summer prior to meeting Sully is in the past.She will need you as this will be a hard road ahead of her."Jared looks at his wife and tells Beth"Your Granddaughter is a survivor.I love her so much."Beth hugs Jared and says"I know you do.And I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt her."Meanwhile in Leigh's room,Xavier looks at his wife and picks up Gracie and Xavier Jr and tells them"Your sister is going to survive."Latoya and Sassy are in the room,along with Ciarra and Xavier hugs each of them and thanks them for being there for his family.Leigh looks at Ciarra and asks"Where is Tenny?"Ciarra tells them"She and I are going to be in charge of Class until Sully gets well again and Ava gets over the loss of Jack."Leigh tells Ciarra"When I'm well,I'm going to be there too."Xavier is surprised and asks his Great-Aunt"You two haven't ran a business since Sullivan's,and that was a Discount Store."Ciarra tells Xavier"That's what family's about and Tenny's already there this morning."Down at Class,Tenny calls all the employees into Sully's office,as she has Precious by her side and tells them"Until Sully returns.You will answer to me.I don't take no crap and you will do as I say!"An employee asks Tenny"Why is there a doberman in this office?"Tenny smiles and says with a grin"To keep all of you in line and as a reminder,it's Ms.Sullivan and my Precious goes with his Mommy everywhere she goes."The employees walks out,shaking their heads,as Tenny sits at Sully's desk and looks at her computer and asks herself"How in the hell do I use one of these?"Precious looks up and Tenny looks at her dog and says"Your Aunt Ciarra won't be happy with the mess you left behind at the Penthouse.Precious growls and Tenny says"She'll growl too when she walks in there."Tenny laughs as she calls the receptionist and asks them"Can you find me a geek to help me with this computer?"
  Meanwhile in Valley Ridge,The race has started and Jesse's team has left the speedway,as they've been disqualified due to Michael's earlier remarks to Rashad,Willie,and Aretha. Frank and Rashad dominates the race as they speak to each other over the radio and Rashad quips"You haven't lost a step for a old man."Frank,who's in the lead responds"Watch it now or I'll tap your bumper."They exchange the lead and Aretha,Willie,and Cale sits in Frank's motor coach as the final laps unfold and all of them are holding their breath as Frank and Rashad are in a dead heat for the lead.Ruth is driving home from the Funeral Home and turns on the race and listens as it's the final lap and Frank and Rashad are side by side and as they cross the finish line,Frank wins by a slim margin over Rashad and Willie,Aretha,and Cale all jump for joy as Rashad finishes 2nd and Frank and Rashad pulls next to each other and both do a lap around the track and Frank pulls into Victory Lane and tells the race official"Let Rashad's car in here too."The race official motions Rashad to follow and Frank gets out of his car as does Rashad as they get on top of each of their cars and grabs hands and a reporter asks Frank"It's unusual for two cars to be in victory lane?"Frank and Rashad both tells the reporter"This one's for Jack!"Ruth pulls her car over on the side of the road and looks up and smiles and says with a tear"Thank you."
  Back at Ava's mansion,Winston smiles after watching the race and walks upstairs to check on Ava,as she locked the door to her bedroom,and cries uncontrollably and tells her"Frank won in Valley Ridge.Jack was there Ava."Ava lays in her bed,and clutches to a picture of her son and kisses it and says"My baby.You must be watching over us after all."Jack's spirit appears to Ava and Ava looks at him and starts to cry and Jack says to his Mother"I'm fine Mom.I'll always be watching over you."Ava cries as he disappears and Winston picks Ava's lock and walks inside and Ava breaks a smile and walks over and opens the drapes and tells Winston"He's here Winston.He'll always be here."Winston and Ava hold each other tightly.Meanwhile at City Hospital,Latoya and Sassy has taken Gracie and Xavier Jr back to Hell Hill,as Leigh is wheeled into Sully's room as Xavier,Leigh,Beth,Jared and Ciarra all are by Sully's bedside and Leigh and Xavier grabs Sully's hands and Sully opens her eyes and everyone in the room breathes a sign of relief as Sully grabs her Mother and Father's hands and she turns her head to Jared and smiles as he strokes her hair and Beth and Ciarra stand back and smile as both of them cries tears of joy as Sully will survive and is awake.

1 comment: