Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 133. Money Talks

  It's the next morning in Adam's Landing and it's quiet and warm.At City Hospital,Leigh and Xavier are awake as Sully walks in the room and checks on her family.Xavier tells her"Gracie and Little X are doing well and we're waiting now for Leigh's discharge papers."Sully is glad and the babies are brought into the room and as Sully fawns over her siblings,Xavier checks his messages and looks at Leigh and she asks her husband"Are you having a withdrawal from work?"Xavier tells her"Kind of.But I am staying with you today my love."Terrance arrives and Xavier offers his condolences over Sidney,and Terrance thanks Xavier and tells him"I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore."Terrance tells them"The OBGYN had some appointments but all of you can go home now and settle in."The discharge papers are signed and Leigh gets ready as Sully asks her Father"Where's Grandma this morning?"Xavier tells his daughter"Likely back at the house,or somewhere in this hospital."Terrance,still in the room tells them"Beth's in her new office having a meeting right now.She said she'd meet you all back at Hell Hill after she finishes things up."Meanwhile Leigh is dressed and the nurse arrives with a wheelchair for Leigh and she picks up Gracie,as Xavier holds Xavier Jr,and they all return to Hell Hill.
  Meanwhile in Beth's new office at City Hospital,Sassy Shane arrives and asks Beth"I noticed a for sale sign this morning at Percy's and it's closed."Beth looks at her and says"I sold it and the new owners are going to turn it into a bar or something."Sassy looks at Beth and says"I have wanted out of the diner business for years anyway."Sassy has been the manager at Percy's for many years as well as waitress and she tells Beth"I wanted to show you something."Sassy pulls out a Nursing Degree and smiles"I was wondering if you were hiring?"Beth gets up and hugs Sassy and quickly responds"You're hired!"Sassy thanks Beth and the subject changes back to Percy's,and Sassy asks Beth"I'm kind of surprised you'd sell Percy's."Beth looks up and says"With my engagement to Frank,and the new additions to the family,to becoming CEO of the hospital,it's hard to multi-task."Sassy congratulates Beth on the birth of Gracie and Xavier Jr and tells Beth"I am honored to be a part of City Hospital."Beth hugs Sassy and tells her"I know you will be a great addition."Sassy walks out as Beth follows to head to Hell Hill to meet Xavier and Leigh and the babies.
  At The Inn,Jesse wakes up and finds Desi by his side and he grumbles"That was one hell of a welcome home party."Desi leans over him and says"I know that would help ease your troubles."Jesse laughs and Desi gets up to get dressed and Jesse asks"Where are you headed off to this morning?"Desi is silent and says"I am about to take back what is mine."Jesse smiles and Desi heads off to the shower as Jesse makes a phone call to Hale Corp and asks"I want to know why in the hell you all cancelled my sponsorship?"The person on the other line says"Mr.Hale refused to sponsor a team that were cheats."Jesse hangs up and screams"Damnit!"Desi runs out of the shower and asks"What's wrong?"Jesse looks at Desi and says angrily"Hale Corp cancelled their deal with my team."Desi asks"Hale Corp?That company's owned by Winston Hale."Jesse shakes his head and wonders out loud"Why would he stop sponsoring the top team in The Racing League when we're leading the points and Michael has been doing so well?"Desi quickly responds"Xavier Jackson is the main reason.He and Winston have teamed up and.."Jesse says slowly"He sponsors FJR."Desi adds"He also has a vendetta against my family."Jesse tells Desi"Xavier Jackson is a bastard and he could have just ruined my livelihood."Desi looks at Jesse and assures him"You will have enough money to stay afloat.I got some cash in an account overseas and I'll sponsor you."Jesse doesn't accept Desi's offer and says"Don't you need that money to get back your company?"Desi responds"I have enough to do both."They hug and Desi finishes getting dressed and tells Jesse"You just rest and I got some things to do."She kisses him and leaves and Jesse lays in the bed and goes"That Desi Lane is one hell of a woman."
  At Class,Summer arrives and is walking around the store and an employee walks up to her and asks"Can I help you?"Summer responds"I was wondering if I could get an application here for a job."The employee tells Summer"We are hiring right now.I'm the store manager."Summer tells the Store Manager"I'm new to town and I need a job.I worked in Valley Ridge at some clothing stores.I can sell anything."The Store Manager looks at Summer and says"You're hired.But before it can be official,you'll have to talk to the owner.She makes the final decision."Summer asks"Who is the owner of Class?"The Store Manager says"Sully Jackson Hale.She is a hands on owner and she will be in later."Summer leaves her number and says"Call me when she arrives."The Store Manager nods and Summer heads out and says to herself"Distraction causes husbands to look elsewhere."Summer laughs and heads off to see Russell as he's texted her and says"I need to talk to you."Summer heads to the ALPD to meet with her Father.
  Meanwhile at Hell Hill,Beth has arrived to find Tenny,Ciarra,Ruth,and Bree there and they are bickering over Precious being at the house.Tenny tells them"I take my sweet baby boy with me everywhere I go.Espicially when I'm going to be around Frank and his Mama."Meanwhile Precious warms up to Ruth and Tenny rolls her eyes and tells Precious"I guess no treats for you."Ruth quips"He's a good judge of character."Tenny responds"I think I need to have a talk with him.I told him if there's an accent,to bite."Ciarra snaps"Shut up Tennessee!"Beth tells all of them"Look!Xavier,Leigh,and Sully are going to be here any minute with the twins and as long as Precious doesn't see the kids as food,I don't think anyone will mind his presence."Someone comes through the door and it's Frank and Beth hugs him and Tenny tells Precious"Bite him.Below the belt."Precious walks up to Frank and sits down and shakes his hand."Frank looks at Tenny and laughs"Is this your attack dog?"Tenny sarcastically responds"Oh my god,the dogs have bonded!"Frank pets Precious,as he rolls over and does tricks and everyone laughs,as Tenny rolls her eyes and says"Damn dog."Ciarra turns around and tells her sister"Get over it Oldest Sister."Tenny and Ciarra begin to bicker as Frank and Beth rolls their eyes and Frank tells Beth"I wanted to stop by on the way to the shop.Bobby and Jared are down there and we need to discuss some things."Beth tells him"I understand.Just remember one thing,don't volunteer to drive!"Frank is silent as Ruth and Bree both looks at Frank and agrees with Beth.Frank tells them"I am looking at some replacement drivers now and then we'll go from there."Frank leaves and Beth looks at Ruth and Bree and all of them are silent and Ruth warns"I know that look and I don't like it."Beth responds"I don't either."
  Back at City Hospital,Terrance is in his office and Rashad arrives and Terrance asks him"How's Mama and Aretha?"Rashad tells his uncle"Grandma's still hurting and Mama's staying with her.She's having a hard time with Grandpa's passing."Terrance responds"We all are but they were married 64 years so it's quite the adjustment."Rashad agrees and tells his uncle"I came down here to also tell you I'm leaving the medical field."Terrance is shocked and asks his nephew"Why are you leaving?"Rashad tells Terrance"After talking to Frank a few weeks ago about Grandpa and all,I want to race for him at FJR."Terrance isn't pleased and says"You haven't never raced before Rashad.Why take a gamble like that when you have it made here?"Rashad says"I want to do it for Grandpa and at least see if I have the gift."Terrance rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath and tells Rashad"Try it and see what happens.You will have a place here if things don't work out."Rashad hugs his uncle and leaves and on his way down the hall he sees Sassy and she asks"Rashad?I didn't know you were here."Rashad tells Sassy"I didn't know you're going to be a nurse."Sassy laughs and quips"Beats waiting tables and managing a sleazy diner."Both of them laughs and Sassy tells Rashad"Latoya's on her way home."Rashad is happy and tells Sassy"I've missed her.I haven't been in touch with her as I'd liked with all that's been going on."Sassy tells him"I know Rashad.But expect a lecture from her when she arrives."Rashad rolls his eyes and heads back to be with Willie and Aretha and Sassy walks into Terrance's office and says proudly"Look who's working for City Hospital!"Terrance looks at Sassy and says"Glad to have you on board."Terrance is silent and Sassy catches something and asks Terrance"What's bothering you?"Terrance quickly says"I need you to go check on Winston Hale and Burt Corbin."Sassy heads off and Terrance has a flashback and starts to cry at his desk.
  Meanwhile,Summer arrives at the ALPD and asks the officer"Where's Mr.Marx."The officer responds"He's in his office."Summer heads back and she finds her Father sitting at his desk and she asks him"What's going on?"Russell looks at Summer and says angrily"I'm about to expose the Jackson Family and I'm going to show them they can't control Adam's Landing anymore!"Summer changes subject and tells him"I got a job interview today at Class."Russell is happy for her,but he's still reading files and says to Summer"Your Mother deserves justice and she's going to get it!"Summer agrees and Russell and Summer leaves for an early lunch.At Chantel's,Desi meets up with Chant and he asks Desi"Did you think about my proposal?"Desi tells Chant"I am in.I want Lane's back and I will do it however I can."They sit at the bar and discuss strategy and then Russell and Summer walks inside and Chant looks at Desi,as Desi looks also at Russell and Summer and Chant says"I seen her earlier at Class.I think she could be our mole."Desi smiles and nods.
  Back at Hell Hill,Xavier,Leigh,and Sully returns home with the twins and they receive a warm welcome from the family.Beth welcomes them home with a hug and holds her new grandchildren as Sully asks her Great-Grandmother"What is Precious doing here?"Tenny responds"He's like a credit card,I go nowhere without him."Precious growls at Sully as Sully ignores him and looks around and checks her phone and asks her Parents"Are you two ok if I go to work?"Xavier looks at Sully and says sternly"Princess,I told you to work!Get down there and keep that place going."Leigh looks at Ruth,Ciarra,Tenny,Bree,and Beth and tells Sully"I think we're going to have a full list of helpers with Gracie and Little X."Xavier meanwhile notices Bree and asks in shock"I am shocked you are here?"Bree says to Xavier"We were close at one time and I want that again."Xavier and Bree hugs and Bree warns him"Russell wants to go after the family."Xavier asks Bree"If you want to develop a relationship,I want you to do something."Bree asks"What might that be Xavier?"Xavier says"I want you to tell me what's Russell's game plan and work for Bobby and I."Bree accepts with one condition.Xavier asks"What is your one condition Bree?"Bree looks at Xavier and says"I want to find my Father."Xavier agrees to help Bree but says"I don't know where to start."Bree responds"Me either."

No comments:

Post a Comment