Friday, April 12, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 121. In The Night

  It's evening time in Adam's Landing and in Winston's Suite at The Sunset Club,Rachel and Jamie are horrified as Ava stands in front of them with her pistol in her hand,waving her aim between them and asks with an evil laugh"Which whore wants to go first?"Jamie yells at her sister"You wouldn't kill your sister Ava!But knowing you're crazy,I wouldn't be surprised."Rachel is shaking and Ava looks at Rachel and laughs at her and says"I thought you could stand the heat.Jamie handled it and has the scars to show for it."Jamie gets angry and reaches out to hit Ava and Ava quickly grabs Jamie's arm and twists it and says coldly"Don't forget what you did to me years ago little miss innocent I do no wrong Jamie!"Ava has her arm around Jamie's neck and her pistol at Jamie's head and Ava tells Rachel"I just think I'll say this now before we go any further,that trash you vindictive whores wrote won't be hitting the shelves."Jamie is silent as Ava whispers in her ear"Look at Lily Corbin and imagine that being you.Because I am."Ava looks at Rachel and tells her"If you don't want to hang around,feel free to hang yourself from the window."Rachel and Jamie's fears grows as they know what Ava is capable of.
  At The Farm,Aretha knocks on the door and Ruth answers and Aretha asks Ruth"Is Beth here?"Ruth tells Aretha"Beth's in the bedroom with Frank I think.Bree and I have returned from Salty's Seafood House."Bree walks to Frank's room and tells Ruth and Aretha"Uncle Frank and Aunt Beth aren't here."Aretha assures Ruth"Desi will regret hurting our families."Ruth is silent for a moment and walks to the cabinet and opens it and then closes it quickly and says to Aretha"Frank is gone,Beth is gone,and Frank's gun is gone."Aretha is silent as is Bree and Bree tells them"I have a bad feeling this isn't going to end well."Ruth assures Aretha and Bree"Everything will be ok."Ruth opens her purse and shows off her pistol to them and tells them"B.R. gave this to me many years ago and I've always kept it next to me."Bree asks her Grandmother"Have you ever shot it before?"Ruth tells Aretha and Bree"B.R. and I used to shoot jars years ago when he taught me how to use it.I am glad in times like this I have it handy."Aretha gets a call from Rashad and gives Ruth a hug and tells her"When you see Beth,tell her to call me.We're planning an interview.She told me when all this went down that as long as Desi was quiet,she was quiet."Ruth tells Aretha"Beth deserves some justice.Thank you."Aretha heads back home and Ruth sits down and Bree asks Ruth"Are you going to call Uncle Frank or Aunt Beth?"Ruth sits back and says"Frank is around somewhere if she's gone so I know she is safe."
  Meanwhile,Xavier and Leigh has arrived at Salty's and Xavier tells his wife"This place has the best seafood in the state."Leigh responds"When I was in Southpoint Beach,they had a location there I went to sometimes."The owner walks over to Xavier's table and goes"Xavier Jackson?"Xavier looks at the man for a moment and says in shock"I'll be damned!Rich Carroll!"Rich gives Xavier a hug and looks at Leigh and says"I remember you also.I thought you died years ago."Leigh looks at Rich and says with a laugh"I'm alive!"Xavier asks Rich"I didn't know you got into the restaurant business?"Rich tells them"After Allan and the band broke up,I invested in this place and we've got 4 locations now and I'm considering taking it nationwide.It's definitely different than my singing days."All of them laugh as Xavier orders a drink and he and Leigh has dinner as Rich heads off to personally take care of them.Leigh asks Xavier"How's Allan doing in rehab?"Xavier responds"I don't know.Grandma has him in a place in Blue Ridge.He's having a hard time with Allison's rejection."Rich meanwhile walks back over after overhearing Xavier and Leigh and asks"How is Allan?I haven't seen him in years."Xavier tells Rich"He's in rehab right now.He found his daughter and it didn't go well."Rich looks up and says"I remember the last time I saw him,he told me about this woman he was seeing and they had broken up and he was trashed.Tell Allan when he comes back to visit me,I miss him and I think he could use a friend."Xavier and Leigh tells Rich"I will do that.I think he will like that."Rich starts to walk off and Leigh asks Rich"Would you do me a favor?"Rich responds with a smile"What would that be Mrs.Jackson?"Leigh looks at the jukebox and asks Rich"I want you to sing for Xavier and I.You know the song I'm talking about."Rich looks around and Xavier tells Rich"I know this place is packed out but I want to have a dance with my lady."Rich walks to the front of the restaurant and tells everyone as a waitress goes to the jukebox,and puts in the request,and tells the patrons"I used to be a singer with The Allan James Band years ago and this was one of our most popular songs."The song starts to play as Xavier gets up and grabs Leigh's hand as they dance as Rich sings to them.Leigh wraps her arms around Xavier as they both look into each other's eyes silently and Xavier gives Leigh a kiss and Leigh says to him"The kids are quiet."Xavier whispers"We're going to have to visit here more often."Leigh lays her head on Xavier's shoulder as they slow dance as Rich sings.
   Meanwhile,Frank walks into The Inn with Beth as Beth sees Desi sitting at the bar with Jesse and Frank rolls his eyes seeing his rival and says to Beth"I don't think you have to worry about Desi going after Xavier again."Beth's anger grows and she walks up to Desi with Frank by her side and Desi turns around and Beth delivers a blistering slap to Desi that knocks her in the floor and Beth is silent and full of fury as she begins to punch Desi and Jesse looks at Frank and warns him"Frank Jackson,tell Beth to leave Desi alone.She deserved to be fired from her job."Frank looks at Jesse and tells him coldly"You stay the hell out of this."Desi pushes Beth off of her and yells"I will have your ass arrested for assault Beth.You're such a sore loser."Beth quietly and angrily snarls at Desi"I regret letting you live.You have taken my career from me and enjoy it while it lasts because you will pay for this bitch."Jesse sternly tells Beth"You won't talk to my lady like that!"Beth sarcastically responds"Desi isn't anywhere close to being a lady.She is a selfish bitch that only looks out for her!"Jesse gets up and warns Beth"I told you to leave her alone."Frank gets in Jesse's face and warns him"You leave my woman alone you low life son of a bitch!"Jesse gets his phone to call the ALPD,Frank knocks Jesse's phone on the floor and stomps on it,breaking it and warns Jesse"Remember LaFayette?"Jesse gets angry and snarls"You took away my only shot at a championship Frank."Frank asks"And do you remember when I whooped your ass across that garage area after that?"Jesse gives an evil look to Frank and meanwhile Beth warns Desi"You may want to leave town,while you breathe.I'm not a doctor now."Frank and Jesse gives each other a dirty look and Beth and Frank heads back to The Farm.Jesse asks Desi"Are you ok?"Desi wipes blood from her eye and says to Jesse"That's Beth for you."Jesse hugs Desi and assures her"I'll protect you from The Jacksons and whoever else that comes after you."Desi gives Jesse a kiss and heads upstairs to Jesse's room.In the back of the bar,Tenny sits back quietly and looks in her purse and leaves some money on the table and follows quietly behind Desi and Jesse.
   Meanwhile,at The Farm,Ruth gets a call from Frank and Bree asks her Grandmother"Where did they go?"Ruth responds"Beth just tore Desi a new one."Bree and Ruth laughs as they wait for Beth and Frank to return.Meanwhile,Aretha heads home and Rashad meets his Mother at the door and Aretha notices a look on Rashad's face and asks with a tone of fear"What's wrong?"Aretha rushes inside and finds Willie pacing the floor and Willie tells her daughter with a trembling tone in her voice"Sidney's just had a stroke."Aretha drops her purse and asks"Where's Terrance?Where's the nurse?"Willie responds"Upstairs.It isn't good.Go see him now!"Willie,Aretha,and Rashad rushes to Sidney's side and they walk into Sidney's room and Terrance tells the nurse"Daddy's about to be free again."Willie looks at her son and says somberly in disbelief"No Terrance.Sidney isn't going anywhere yet."Terrance wipes the tears from his eyes and tells his Mother,holding her hand"Mama,this is it.We all need to prepare for our goodbyes."Willie walks slowly over to her husband's side and yells"Sidney I know you have left me but I not ready to give you up!"The nurse checks his vitals and Aretha walks up to her Father and tells him with tears in her eyes"Daddy I love you.I love you."Aretha breaks down as Rashad comforts his Mother and Sidney,who can't speak and who's suffering from Alzheimer's Disease,looks at his family and a tear flows from his eye as he looks up and smiles and his eyes close as Willie holds his hand and falls to the floor with her head on his chest as Sidney has died and Willie cries for him as Terrance,Aretha,and Rashad gather around her and consoles her as she says with tears in her eyes"Sidney you're free now.You're with the angels."She kisses him on the lips and walks out of the room as Aretha and Rashad follows her out of the room as Terrance begins to make arrangements for his Father's funeral as he calls the funeral home.
   Meanwhile Xavier and Leigh returns to Hell Hill and Leigh holds Xavier tightly and tells him"That was beautiful at Salty's.Rich was always a class act."Xavier gives Leigh a kiss and tells her"We now know how to keep those babies calm.We'll go to Salty's and get Rich to sing to them."Leigh and Xavier walk hand in hand upstairs and heads to bed.Meanwhile,Beth and Frank returns to The Farm and Bree is waiting for them and Frank asks"Where's Mama?"Bree tells them"Sidney died.Grandma went over to comfort Willie and the family."Frank starts to cry as Beth and Bree comfort him as Sidney was his childhood hero growing up and Frank says somberly"At least he isn't suffering anymore."
  At The Sunset Club,in Winston's Suite,Ava holds Rachel and Jamie at gunpoint as Ava has her pistol pointed at them and Ava tells them"Books like Sunrise and Fording by Cheryl Gore are real literature.Not the trash you write."Jamie yells at Ava"You have taken everything from me Ava.EVERYTHING!I should be the one to kill you!"Rachel agrees with Jamie and Jamie rushes at Ava as Rachel stands back.Winston walks in the room and Rachel runs out of the room in a fury as Ava and Jamie are wrestling over the gun.There's a gunshot and Jamie and Ava looks at each other and Ava looks down and sees blood and Jamie collapses.At the Inn,Desi and Jesse are in his room as they begin to make love.Tenny stands outside the door,and pulls out her pistol and nudges the doorknob to notice it's unlocked.Tenny walks in the room and points her pistol at Desi and yells"Time to finish the job."Jesse gets up as Tenny aims at Desi and Tenny pulls the trigger and a shot's fired!

1 comment: