Monday, July 1, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 173. Intrigue And Silence

  A few days has passed in Adam's Landing and in our last episode, Allan had went down to Southpoint Beach to confront Rich Carroll over his copyrights and royalties.Floyd and Ciarra have started to fall for each other,driving Tenny to smoking marijuana.Sayyid and his family are worried about Keith,after noticing his gaunt appearance when performing at Jazz.Frank's world is spiraling downward after coming clean about knowing about Cale,and much more.We now pick up 2 days later in Adam's Landing as we check in on our friends in Adam's Landing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's morning time in Adam's Landing and at Hell Hill,Ruth is in the kitchen cooking breakfast and Floyd walks into the kitchen as Ruth is cooking and laughs"I can tell when you're in the kitchen,I hope you're cooking what I think you are."Ruth pulls out some homemade biscuits and looks at Floyd and tells him"I'm cooking all your favorites and Ava's as well.She's coming over this morning with Winston since they have returned from their honeymoon."Floyd asks Ruth"Where's Beth,Xavier and Leigh?"Ruth tells him"Beth's left for the hospital and Xavier's at Jackson Inc.Leigh's at Class.It's just you,me,and Maria and my great-grand babies this morning."Floyd tells Ruth"Xavier has been in and out quite a bit the last few days.Something's going on with him."Ruth looks at Floyd and tells him"I talked to him briefly last night and someone's come to town wanting information on Winston Hale."Floyd looks at Ruth and asks"Who is it?"Ruth tells Floyd,as Maria walks downstairs"The man that owned the motel in Sugar Creek that Ava burned down after Rachel's appearance at Jack's funeral."Floyd rolls his eyes,as does Ruth,as Maria tells them"That man's Wade Issac.He's a classic con-artist."Ruth tells them"The last thing Ava needs is to have that moment brought back up again.She's getting back to herself and she's happy and this Issac fellow needs to back off."Maria rolls her eyes and tells Ruth"Aunt Ruth,I wouldn't trust Wade Issac if my life depended on it."Floyd looks at Maria suspiciously,as Ruth assures them"Xavier said on the way out he had a meeting."Floyd responds"I have a feeling Xavier is about to put someone in his place."Ruth smiles and says"He knows about Wade's snooping.Aretha has talked to him,and he's been at Jackson Inc and Ava's Mansion.I think we know what's about to happen."
   At The Farm,Frank lays in his bed as his phone rings and answers it as FJR's team director tells him"You need to get to the shop.I'm hearing that Cale is leaving the team."Frank rolls his eyes and takes a deep breath and hangs up the phone and yells"Damnit!"A woman is laying next to Frank and asks him"What's wrong?"Frank tells the woman"Cale may be leaving FJR."The woman has a look of dread on her face as she tells Frank"I may need to leave town."Frank looks at the woman and tells her"You don't have to go anywhere.You have nothing to worry about."The woman looks at Frank and touches his face and says"I'm getting tired of staying here all the time Frank.If Cale was to know I am here,I may need to go into hiding."Frank looks at the woman and says"I like having you here.Bree left and moved in with Burt,and Mama's at Hell Hill and she's on Beth's side and you're the only person I have to lean on."The woman looks at Frank and tells him"I guess I need to get out and see what's going on."Frank gets out of bed and heads to the shower and the woman follows him,as he gets ready to head to FJR,and the woman plans to get out of the house and visit some places.
   Down at City Hospital,Beth sits in her office,as Terrance arrives with Aretha,Willie,and Sayyid,and Beth is reading a piece of paper and tells them"Keith doesn't have any medical records and the only way to find out if he has a STD is to do a test of our own."Sayyid tells Beth"He seems to be fine,but he doesn't look healthy at all.Something isn't right and whatever it is he's hiding,it's serious."Terrance looks at them and says"I don't want to get everyone scared,but he could have HIV."Aretha tells everyone"We all know Keith's track record and he slept with many many women in his day.I have called some sources and I haven't found out anything either."Beth looks at all of them and asks"Is there a history of drug abuse with Keith?"Aretha tells her"He used to do cocaine and he was in rehab at one time for a heroin addiction."Sayyid is quiet and scared,as he holds his sister's hand and Willie assures her brother"Let's stay hopeful that nothing is wrong Clem.Don't jump to conclusions just yet."Terrance and Beth agrees and tells everyone"We will need to get further information before we can confirm anything."Aretha tells everyone"I'm going to talk to Keith and see if he will open up to me and see what I can find out."Sayyid tells Aretha"I'm coming with you."Aretha looks at her uncle and tells him"I think you need to leave this to me.He's more likely to talk to me than he will with you."Sayyid looks down and agrees and tells his niece"I want to know whatever it is he's hiding!"Aretha assures everyone"You will."Aretha heads to Jazz,and Terrance hugs his Mother and Uncle and Willie tells her son"Clem and I are going out to breakfast and play cards.Keep us informed if you find out anything."Terrance nods as Willie and Sayyid walks out and Sayyid asks Willie"Are you finally going to let me win a hand of blackjack?"Willie laughs and quips"Have I ever let you win before?"Sayyid rolls his eyes as they leave and Beth tells Terrance"I'm going over to check on Mama.Olivia may come to work today but I'm not sure.Nobody has heard from Allan since he left town to go to Southpoint Beach."Terrance tells Beth"Olivia is getting very concerned."Beth tells him"Me too.Something isn't adding up and I think seeing Mama will help calm my nerves."Beth leaves and Terrance reminds her"Don't forget the perfume!"Beth looks at Terrance and laughs"And eye drops."
   Meanwhile at Jackson Inc,Burt,Bree,and Jared are in Burt's office as they discuss the sales report from Jim's and Foodstar and Ciarra arrives and tells them"Emery's has made a nice turnaround since Ava and I took over.Sales are up and I have some ideas for further growth."Burt tells her"Ava has returned to town today.She went over to Hell Hill this morning to see Ms.Ruth."Ciarra smiles and tells them"I'm glad she has Winston and she finally had a break.We're about to bring Emery's back and with full force!"Ciarra heads to her office,as Jared calls Sully at work and heads to his office and Burt and Bree are alone in his office and Bree tells Burt"Summer is about to be released from the psychiatric wing soon."Burt tells Bree"That's good.How is she?"Bree looks at Burt and grabs his hand and says"Time will tell.She seems to be ok,but we'll see once she's released."Burt tells Bree"I've sold the house and When Dad and Ava arrive later,we're going to make our move official.They bought a old plantation style home near Hell Hill."Bree asks"Whispering Hills?"Burt asks"How did you know?"Bree tells Burt"I was raised in the area Burt.The people that used to own it passed away and I've noticed the restoration work being done on the place.Winston and Aunt Ava owning it doesn't surprise me,especially with that new fence and the security."Burt laughs"I think Dad's wanting to recreate Northbrook and he told me that Ava and him are arguing about the restoration of the place."Bree laughs"Winston is in a losing battle with my Aunt."Burt laughs,as he gives Bree a kiss"I can't wait for us to move into Ava's mansion at the Bannister Hills Country Club."Bree smiles and tells Burt"Me either."Bree looks at a ring on her finger as she tells Burt"Now we need to plan our big day."Burt asks"What big day?"Bree says to Burt"Nobody knows yet that we are married,and I got another announcement."Burt looks at Bree as she is hiding her excitement as she tells him"I am expecting."Burt is quiet and Bree asks him"Aren't you happy?"Burt is quiet and says to Bree"I am just overwhelmed.I just hope it isn't twins."Bree hugs Burt and says"I don't care as long as I go full-term.I had a miscarriage when I was married to Michael and this is a surprise,but I am glad we're together and about to have a family."Bree holds on to Burt,as he looks ahead with a look of regret,that Bree doesn't notice.
  Meanwhile Xavier walks into his office at Jackson Inc and sees a man sitting at his desk and Xavier looks at him and says in a unassuming tone"So you own a motel I hear?"Wade turns around and looks at Xavier and says"I used to own a motel.It was burned down."Xavier sits down and asks Wade"I understand you've been at my sister's home and been talking to Aretha Evans?"Wade tells Xavier"I want to know why Winston Hale sent me a check for my motel to be rebuilt.He's covering for somebody and I want them to pay for what they've done."Xavier's eyes grow cold as he looks at Wade and asks him"Do you know where you're at Wade Issac?"Wade looks at Xavier and tells him"I think I know who burned down my motel.I know your sister has a history of burning things."Xavier looks at Wade,as he pulls open his desk and picks up his Colt 45 and holds it and says to Wade"I think you need to go back home and take Winston's money and rebuild your motel and leave my sister alone."Wade looks at Xavier and says"That motel was all I had and it's gone now thanks to Ava Jackson.I want her to pay for her crimes."Xavier gets up and walks over to Wade,with his Colt 45 in hand,and warns him"I know your history Wade Issac.I hope you know what happens when someone has the nerve to step inside my office,and threaten my family."Wade looks at Xavier and warns him"If I find any evidence that Ava did in fact burn down my motel,which I am certain of,then she is going to pay for it!"Xavier points his gun at Wade and slowly tells him"If you even go near Ava,I will kill you.Go to your hotel room,pull out a dictionary and read the definition of hush money."Wade looks at Xavier and tells him"I'm not scared of you Xavier Jackson.I can bring you down too you know."Xavier quietly tells Wade"You should fear me.And think twice if you want to mess with my family."Xavier opens the door and Wade walks out and Xavier makes a phone call to Sayyid and tells him"Follow Wade Issac.I want to know where he goes and who he speaks to and if he goes near anyone in my family,break his neck!"
   Back at Hell Hill,Winston and Ava arrives and Ruth greets her daughter with a hug as Ava tells her Mother"We're home and soon we'll be neighbors."Floyd hugs his niece,as does Maria as Winston asks everyone"Where's Xavier and Leigh?"Ruth tells them"Xavier's at Jackson Inc,and Leigh's at Class with Sully."Ava laughs as she holds on to Winston as she tells them"It was so wonderful to get out of town for a little while."Winston smiles as Floyd tells Ava"The work's almost done to Whispering Hills.After breakfast,I'll give the two of you a tour of the place."Ava hugs her Uncle and asks"I thought you retired from the construction business?"Floyd looks around and says"I still own Floyd Jackson Construction.I bought it back and soon The Sullivan Estate will be back to it's full glory,and your home is ready to move into,we just got a small bit to finish,but it's ready."Winston and Ava are ecstatic and Winston tells Ava"Let's change the name to Northbrook Ava."Ava rolls her eyes and tells her husband"Hell no!We're calling our estate Whispering Hills,as it's always been called,and the only thing called Northbrook is the mall in Valley Ridge."Winston looks at Ava and laughs as does everyone else as Ruth tells Winston"You know how Ava is.She has the final word."Winston hugs his wife and says with a smile"Yes she does."They sit in the kitchen and have breakfast as the phone rings and Maria answers it and looks at Ruth,who picks up the phone and it's Xavier,and he tells her"Wade Issac is in town and tell Winston to meet with me.Keep Ava distracted."Ruth hangs up and walks into the kitchen and everyone notices a look on Ruth's face as Ava asks"What's wrong Mama?"Ruth shrugs"It's nothing.I want you to hang out with your Mama and show me your new home and let Winston go visit Xavier."Ava is suspicious and Winston assures his wife"It's fine Ava.Relax and I will go down to Jackson Inc."Winston leaves and Ava,Ruth,Floyd,and Maria has breakfast and there's a knock at the door and Ruth answers the door to see Ciarra,and Floyd hugs her and Ciarra asks"Is there room for one more?"Ruth welcomes Ciarra inside and she hugs Ava and gives her Emery's sales report and says"Emery's is making a historic comeback."Ava smiles and Floyd taps Ciarra's shoulder and says"What about me?"Ciarra tells Floyd"I got a present for you too."Ciarra and Floyd kiss and Ruth smiles,as does Maria and Ava and Ruth asks"How is Tenny handling this?"Ciarra rolls her eyes and sighs"Tennessee is being herself."Ruth quips"Sounds typical for her."Floyd laughs"I think she's been really calm as of recent."Ciarra is silent,shaking her head and says"Yes she has.I think it's the reefer."Ava,Ruth,and Maria are shocked as Ciarra tells them"Tennessee told me that the Jackson family has drove her to drugs."Ava quips"At least she isn't popping pills or drinking."Ciarra tells them"Beth's going over to check on her.She knows about Tenny's new love."Ruth shakes her head and says to everyone"Back to more positive subjects."
   Meanwhile Beth has arrived at Ciarra and Tenny's Penthouse and smells marijuana and yells"Mama?"Tenny walks out of her bedroom and laughs"My sweet Beth!How is my sweet girl today?"Beth tells her Mother"You amaze me you crafty old woman!Look at how calm you are.I actually think smoking grass is good for you."Tenny tells her Daughter"Since you gave me a prescription for the medical stuff,I feel better than I have in years and I don't worry about the dogs in heat as much now."Beth laughs"Well that's good since Ciarra's happy with Floyd."Tenny pulls out a joint and tells Beth"I don't approve and I won't approve so don't even start on that one with me!"Beth looks at her Mother as she lights the joint and Beth takes a toke with her Mother and asks"Have you heard from Allan?"Tenny tells Beth"I haven't heard a thing."Beth tells Tenny"I have a feeling something isn't right."Tenny takes a toke and tells Beth"Allan is crafty.I wouldn't be so worried about him."Beth reminds her Mother"What if Rich caused him to relapse on cocaine or alcohol Mama?"Tenny tells her Daughter"I may be mellow since smoking marijuana,but if Rich hurts my Allan,then he will deal with me!"Beth takes a toke and responds"I'll be right behind you Mama."Olivia arrives and walks inside and is shocked,as Beth and Tenny are both smoking and goes"Tenny!Beth!What are the two of you doing?"Tenny looks at Olivia and tells her"We're relaxing!Sit down."Olivia looks at them and says"I guess so."Olivia sits down and Tenny passes the joint to Olivia and she takes a toke and tells them"I just called Allan and his phone is off."Beth and Tenny are silent,as Tenny puts the joint out and asks Olivia"You mean to tell me Allan is missing?"Olivia tells them"Something is wrong."All of them are silent,as Beth and Tenny looks at each other and Olivia tells them"I am scared."Tenny looks at Beth and tells her daughter"I have a feeling that Allan is in trouble."Beth agrees,as does Olivia and they all sit in the living room,with concern growing for Allan.In Southpoint Beach,Allan is in a basement,and Rich walks downstairs,and tells Allan"Don't play me at my own game you washed up junkie!I want my deed!"Allan yells"When I get back my copyrights and masters."Rich walks up to Allan and pulls out a syringe and tells him"No way in hell would I ever do that!"

1 comment:

  1. SO GLAD TO HAVE D & D BACK ! HAVE MISSED IT FOR THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS ! WAS BEGINNING TO HAVE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS !!! THOUGHT I MAY HAVE TO BORROW A JOINT FROM TENNY !! LOL

    ReplyDelete