Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 177. Falling Down The Ladder

   It's the next morning in Adam's Landing,and at Hell Hill,Ruth walks into the living room and sees Floyd and Maria with their suitcases packed,to move into their new home at Whispering Hills.Ruth tells them"I have cooked breakfast this morning before you guys leave."Floyd looks at his Daughter and Maria tells Ruth"I'm not hungry this morning,not after last night."Ruth grows suspicious and Floyd tells Maria"You head on over to the house and settle in.I need to talk to Ruth."Maria hugs her Father and Ruth and leaves quickly and Ruth asks Floyd"What is going on with Maria?Something was off last night at Ava's housewarming."Floyd and Ruth walks into the kitchen and Floyd tells Ruth"Maria and Burt had something a long time ago."Ruth looks at Floyd and asks him"What did they have?From the looks of things,it was serious."Floyd tells Ruth"Burt broke Maria's heart and left her when she was pregnant with her first child.His wife found out about it and he went back to Blue Ridge,and Maria had a miscarriage."Ruth is stunned and tells Floyd"Burt has a reputation in that department.He was married to Ciarra's daughter and he has slept with Tenny and Rachel Lane as well.I hope he doesn't hurt Bree."Floyd is quiet and asks Ruth"Ciarra had a daughter?"Ruth nods and Floyd is stunned,as he tells Ruth"Ciarra has never mentioned anything to me about a daughter."Ruth tells Floyd"They weren't close and she was to Ciarra,what Brock Jr and Jamie were to me."Floyd gets the picture and quips"Sounds like a match made in heaven,Burt and Ciarra's daughter."Ruth asks Floyd"I noticed Maria was looking at a picture last night?"Floyd tells Ruth"Maria got married for a short time and had a child,a girl.She has had a very rough road when it comes to love.The men she has been involved with have always been either cheaters or abusers.When Maria left her husband,he took their daughter with him and Maria has never recovered from it or has she seen her."Ruth holds Floyd's hand and says somberly"That's awful.I feel so bad for her."Floyd tells Ruth,with concern in his voice"She's always held things in,but last night was too much for her."Ruth tells Floyd"She has her family now and we stick together."
   Down at The Storm Shelter meanwhile,Wade wakes up as his legs are shackled to the floor and Sayyid is saying his morning prayers and Wade yells at Sayyid"What in the hell are you doing?"Sayyid ignores Wade and after he finishes up with his prayers,he tells Wade with an anger in his voice"Don't interrupt me again when I am praying.I could kill you and save many people a lot of trouble."Wade yells at Sayyid"I need to find my sister and I have a life!Xavier will regret this dearly.I promise that!"Xavier walks into the storm shelter and tells Wade"You're in no position to make threats Wade Issac!You will play by my rules now and if you don't play,then when you return home or may I say "if",you will have nothing waiting for you."Wade yells at Xavier"I am not someone you want to mess with Xavier!Ava will pay for what she has done and I want to see my sister!"Xavier bends down and says to Wade in a cold tone"When you leave here,you will be back in Sugar Creek and I already know about your sister.It looks like con-artists run in the Issac Family."Wade tells Xavier"Candace may know something about my Mom's murder.She could have killed her and I'll go after her if she did."Xavier laughs hysterically and shakes his head and tells Wade"Stop it with the con,we both know you're Mother is alive and the two of you are just alike.That is how you got that nice couple in Sugar Creek to sell you that motel,lying to them about Connie Stone being dead.Whatever happened to them Wade?"Wade grows silent and Xavier tells Wade"I know what it was and so do you.If you go after Ava,then I may have to tell what I know."Wade grows silent as Xavier walks out and Sayyid tells Wade"I will give you only one piece of advice white boy,don't mess with him."Wade yells at Sayyid"I know you're history too Mr.King of the Streets."Sayyid quips"So then you know about what happens when I get mad?"Sayyid looks at Wade with a smile as he pulls out his pistol and Wade grows silent,with fear on his face.
   Meanwhile at The Sunset Club,Candace walks into the bar and orders a drink and makes a phone call to her Mother,and gets no response and grows furious and leaves her a voicemail,telling her"Hey Connie,it's your daughter.I am expecting my money this morning."Candace hangs up the phone and begins to walk out and bumps into someone and she looks up and sees her cousin Cale and they look at each other for a moment as Cale asks"Candi?"Candace looks at Cale and grabs him in a hug and cries"Cale!I have missed you.It's been so many years."Candace and Cale walks to the bar and sits as Cale looks at his cousin and tells her"Can you blame me for leaving?"Candace looks at him and sighs"I just wish you had of taken me with you."Cale reminds her"I had to leave or else that bastard was going to kill me."Candace tells Cale"I left home shortly after you did after that sorry sack of trash beat me up and I've been on my own ever since."Cale asks his cousin"So do you know about Connie being here in town?"Candace tells him"I do and I'm making that bitch pay for what she did to us Cale.I mean really pay."Cale looks at his cousin and quips"You always had an evil streak in you.What are you doing to the bitch?"Candace tells Cale"Connie was a whore like Claudia,and she's living the life of a whore,and I'm the madam."Cale is shocked and goes"That's quite twisted."Candace laughs"After what we went through,it's ok to be twisted."Cale agrees and tells Candace"Connie's been seeing my Dad or should I say Frank Jackson."Candace nods and says to Cale"I know that too.She is playing him like a hand of cards.She owes me money by the way."Cale sees someone and tells his cousin"I'm glad to see you again Candi.I've really missed you."Candace looks at Cale and says to her cousin"I'm staying right here Cale.I'm here for you and that bitch will pay for what she did to us."Cale tells Candace on his way out"Wade is in town."Candace tells Cale"I know he is.And to think,Connie cared more about him than she ever did about me or you."Cale is quiet as he heads to a table,and Candace walks out of The Sunset Club,as she says to herself"Frank Jackson.Hmm,if only he knew."
   Burt and Bree are at Burt's former home,as the new owner arrives as Burt signs over the deed to the house as they have moved into Ava's former Mansion at the Bannister Hills Country Club.Bree tells her husband"I am so glad to be getting out of this place.Too many horrible memories are here."Burt assures his wife"We can create new ones now at our new residence."Bree's phone rings and it's Sassy and Sassy tells Bree"Summer is being discharged."Bree tells Sassy"I'll be down there in a few."Bree and Burt embrace in a kiss as Bree heads to City Hospital to pick up her sister and Burt walks around the empty house for a moment and has a flashback to his time with Maria years ago and is silent,with a look of sadness in his eyes,as a man arrives at the door and asks"So this is the place?"Burt looks at the man and tells him"Yes it is and I am selling it way below it's actual worth."The man laughs"I've always wanted a nice place like this.It's a great place to raise a family in."Burt quips"If you say so,then I guess it is."Burt signs over the deed to the man and tells him"It's all yours now.I hope you enjoy this place."The man looks around and tells Burt"I think I may just do that.Isn't this Desi Lane's former home?"Burt nods and the man smiles as Burt walks out and throws the man the keys and the man walks around the house for a moment and sits on the couch and makes a phone call and tells the person on the other line"Get your ass to your new home!"
   Meanwhile at Jackson Inc,Ava sits in her office with Winston as Ciarra arrives and Ava asks Ciarra,noticing a look of fear in her eyes"What's going on?"Ciarra tells Winston and Ava"Xavier told Leigh,Sully,Jared,and I about Allan last night and I have a feeling something terrible is about to happen."Winston reminds Ciarra"If your sister is in Southpoint Beach,along with Beth,then I don't think you have nothing to fear."Ciarra changes subjects and asks Ava"How is Emery's doing?"Ava checks the sales report and tells Ciarra"Everything looks great.I think we have a winner on our hands."Winston adds"I got a call this morning that Northbrook Center Mall is nearly completed and Emery's will be the first store to open,along with Class."Ciarra tries to smile,but can't stop worrying about Tenny and tells Ava and Winston"I  apologize for my distraction.I just can't stop worrying about my sister.If something was to happen to Allan,it could kill her."Ava walks over to Ciarra and hugs her and tells her"I think Allan is fine.I don't really know what's going on,but I wouldn't worry until you have reason to worry."Ciarra tells Ava and Winston"With Allan's history and him being in Southpoint Beach,and Beth,Tennessee,and Olivia down there,that is reason enough to be concerned."Ava looks at Ciarra and tells her gently"You can go see Uncle Floyd or head back to the Penthouse if you'd like.You don't have to stay here."Ciarra declines Ava's suggestion and tells her"I need a distraction.Let's work."Winston tells them"I'm headed out for a bit.Don't work too hard."Ava kisses her husband and Winston leaves and Ciarra and Ava talk business.
  Down at Class,Leigh,Sully,Allison,and Marco sits in Sully's office as they discuss business and Class' expansion plans and Leigh tells her daughter"Northbrook Center will be open really soon.I think the store design is very futuristic and modern."Sully tells them"I think it will catch people's eyes when they see the store.Aunt Ava designed it along with Jack."There's a brief moment of silence as Sully gets emotional and tells her Mother"Jack would be proud of this.I really miss Aunt Ava being here."Leigh hugs her Daughter and tells her"We know how Ava is Sully.She is very proud of you and she does hold some stock in Class.It's just hard for her to relive that moment again."Sully is quiet and agrees and Marco tells them"Ava brought me here."Leigh smiles and tells Marco"Yes she did and I am glad you're back in my life again.Your input is a huge help for Class."Allison is quiet meanwhile and Sully notices and asks Allison"Are you ok?"Allison tells everyone"I'm worried about Cale.He's slowly falling apart after everything that's happened recently.Last night  just made things worse."Leigh asks Allison"What happened last night?"Allison explains to them what happened and Sully and Leigh are both shocked and tells Allison"He will have a hard time dealing with this."Allison tells them"He is already falling apart.I'm so scared for him."Leigh and Sully hugs Allison as she cries for Cale.Meanwhile at The Sunset Club,Cale meets up with Jesse Adams and Jesse looks at Cale and asks him in a tone of shock"So you saw the real Frank Jackson after all?"Cale cuts to the chase and tells Jesse"I want to drive for you in the next race.I can promise you a win and a shot at the owner's title."Jesse hands over a contract and tells Cale"Just sign on the dotted line,and you're hired.We'll kick Frank's ass together."
   Back at Hell Hill,Ruth sits in the nursery with Gracie and Xavier Jr and she rocks them in the rocking chair as Ruth thinks about Maria and tells Gracie and Xavier Jr"The two of you are very lucky to have a Mama and a Daddy.The two of you have it very well."At Floyd and Maria's new home,Maria walks around the house,as she says to herself"Ava's already designed this place and there's nothing here to do."Maria is quiet for a moment as she has another flashback and she pulls out a picture of her daughter and starts to cry.Outside,a young girl looks through the window and cries as she watches Maria and a man walks up behind her and forcefully pulls her back and pushes her into his car and yells"Didn't I tell you to get your worthless ass home?You stay the hell away from here or else you'll get the worst beating of your life!"The man and his daughter drives off to their new home.In The Storm Shelter,Wade stares at Sayyid and tells him"Do you have anything on Xavier Jackson?Why would you sell out to a white man?"Sayyid walks over to Wade and quietly,with anger in his voice says"Loyalty white boy!"Sayyid's phone rings and it's Terrance and Sayyid hangs up the phone and rushes out for City Hospital,as Wade spots the keys and reaches for them.At Jackson Inc,Burt and Jared sits in his office as Floyd walks inside and Floyd looks at Jared and tells him"I need to talk to Corbin alone."Jared walks out as Burt looks at Floyd and asks him"What do you need to discuss with me?"Floyd tells Burt sternly"It's about my daughter Corbin!Do you plan to hurt Bree like you hurt Maria?"

No comments:

Post a Comment