Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 187. Running Away

  At FJR,Connie and Frank puts back on their clothes after having sex and Connie tells Frank"When you get back to The Farm,I'll see to it you have something to help with your hand that sex can't help."Frank thanks Connie and Floyd walks inside and looks at his nephew and Connie and asks Frank"What help are you looking for with your hand?Pills?"Connie looks at Floyd and tells him"You Jackson men were always hot."Floyd looks at Connie with disgust and Connie blows a kiss to Frank on the way out and Frank asks his Uncle"So are you here to tell me I'm screwing up too?"Floyd looks at his nephew and asks"You answer that question yourself Frank?Are you screwing up?"Frank tells his Uncle"All of you have sided with Beth and Xavier.I can't do nothing right.Xavier is Daddy reincarnated.That son of a bitch is going to turn my family against me Uncle Floyd!"Floyd tells Frank"Xavier isn't turning anybody against you Frank.You have done that on your own."Frank gets angry and yells"If you're here to side with Beth and Xavier,then get the hell out of here!I have had enough of the family loyalty going to the whore that had my Daddy's child with my ring on her finger and my Mama thinking she's perfect.Beth and Xavier have taken control of this family and all I have is Connie."Floyd looks at Frank and tells him sternly"You are acting like a child Frank!You need to grow up and make up with your Mama and with your son.And accept things for what they are."Frank yells at his Uncle"You have been brainwashed also.Out of all people,I'd think you'd be one who'd understand."Floyd looks at Frank and offers him some advice as he walks out,with disappointment in his eyes"You make sure you don't repeat the cycle,not repeat the cycle Frank.Get yourself together and it'd be wise to leave that woman I just seen alone also.She's trouble."Floyd walks out and Frank walks into the shop and looks at the cars for the upcoming race and the team director asks Frank"Who's going to drive your car while you're injured?"Frank yells"Who the hell do you think?I am!"Frank storms out and heads home as the team director makes a phone call.
  At City Hospital,Willie,Aretha,and Sassy returns to Latoya's room with Little Sidney and Clarence is in the room,as Latoya finishes signing her contract to join CL Records."Aretha asks Latoya"Where is Rashad?"Latoya tells her"He isn't here.He went outside and hasn't returned."Aretha and Willie walks outside as Clarence looks at Aretha and tells her"Long time no see Aretha."Aretha gives Clarence the cold shoulder as she and Willie walks out and they head down the hall and find Rashad and Sayyid sitting in the lobby and Aretha asks her son"So you're going to L.A. after all?"Rashad looks at his Mother and Grandmother and tells them"I don't want to leave Adam's Landing."Aretha tells her son"Latoya has signed a recording contract with CL Records baby boy."Rashad gets angry and yells"Damnit!"Sayyid's phone vibrates and it's Jermaine and Sayyid tells everyone"Keith has checked himself out of the hospital.I've got to go."Sayyid looks at his Great-Nephew and tells him"If you need me,you just let me know."He hurries out and Aretha and Willie tell Rashad"Neither of us like this at all."Rashad tells them"I don't like it either and it's breaking me apart."In Latoya's room,Clarence gets a phone call from Jermaine and tells Latoya and Sassy"I need to go.I will see you in Los Angeles Ms.Shane."Clarence walks out and Latoya holds her son and tells her Mother"Rashad doesn't support this."Sassy looks at her daughter and tells her"To be honest,I don't either,but it's your choice."Latoya looks at Little Sidney and tells her Mother"I don't know what to do Mom.This is what I've always wanted,and I have this little boy.."Sassy tells Latoya"I can't tell you what to do Latoya,this is something you have to talk about with Rashad."Latoya is quiet as Rashad walks into the room and Sassy quietly walks outside and Aretha and Willie stands in the hall and asks Sassy"So you're supporting this?"Sassy tells them"Latoya has always wanted to be a singer and I want her to have her chance."Aretha tells Sassy,as she doesn't approve,nor does Willie"Rashad doesn't want to go to Los Angeles and I don't want him to go either.And my Grandson does not need to be raised in Los Angeles.He belongs here!"Sassy tells Aretha"This is up to them and we can't make their decisions Aretha."Willie tells her Daughter"Sassy is right."Aretha tells Sassy and her Mother"If my son doesn't want to go to L.A. then he shouldn't be forced into a damn corner!"Inside Latoya's room,Latoya tells Rashad,as she holds their son"We're going to Hollywood!My dream has come true."Rashad looks at his son and tells Latoya"I don't want to go to Los Angeles and I will not go to Los Angeles and neither will my Son!"Latoya gets angry and tells Rashad"Sidney's going with me when I am released and I settle things here,so you accept it!"Rashad picks up his son and tells Latoya"You are only thinking about yourself.Our son needs his family and his family is here!"The nurse walks inside and takes Little Sidney to the nursery and Rashad looks at Latoya and warns her"It's us or L.A.."Latoya yells"My son is going with me to L.A. whether you like it or not!"Rashad gets angry and yells back"He will not be robbed of his Father,like I was robbed of mine Latoya!I know how things work.He needs to be here and he will be here!"Rashad storms out of the room and Aretha and Willie tries to stop Rashad,but he ignores everyone and Aretha turns to Sassy and warns her"My Grandson isn't leaving Adam's Landing!"Sassy and Aretha looks at each other as they don't agree and Willie tells them"Now's not the time for this!"Meanwhile in Latoya's room,she breaks down and cries and calls Summer but gets no message and Sassy walks inside and Latoya asks her Mother"What do I do?"Outside,Terrance arrives and Willie tells her children"I'm going in the nursery and be with my Great-Grandson."Willie heads to the nursery and Terrance asks his sister"Where's Rashad?"Aretha looks at Terrance and tells her brother"I am going to find him.Stay with Mama."Aretha leaves and Terrance says to himself"This doesn't look good."
   Meanwhile at Hell Hill,Maria looks at Ava,as does Ruth as Maria tells Ava"I was defending my daughter!Shannon has had enough of that living with that bastard Trevor and she's very sensitive."Ava tells them"Tenny is quite sensitive herself right now too.Her son may be dead."Ruth tells her Daughter"I'd be more worried about that little girl than that old bitch that has done nothing but look down at your family ever since she's entered our lives!"Shannon walks downstairs,as she has visited Gracie and Xavier Jr and yells at everyone"Stop fighting!Please stop!"Maria tells Ava"I have no respect for a woman who'd do drugs in front of my teenage daughter,and then curse her!"Ruth quips"She is really losing it."Ava tells them"I don't give a damn what any of you think about Tenny,but she is my friend and she's never done me wrong and take note that I will defend her honor!"Ruth laughs"She has no honor Ava."Ava yells"The hell she doesn't.She taught me about business and she is someone who Shannon can admire.She paved the way for women to make it in a man's world.She started a discount chain and she's a legend in the retail world."Ruth reminds Ava"Where was she when you was raped Ava?Where was Tenny?"Ava looks at her Mother and yells"She and Ciarra were there as well.Tenny wrote me often and I even stayed with her and J.D. for a time after you came home."Ruth and Maria both tells Ava"You can feel however you want about her,but don't expect us to feel the same way."Ava looks at them and leaves and Maria turns around to see that Shannon has left and Ruth looks at Maria and Maria tells Ruth"I'm going to find my daughter."Maria runs out and Ruth shakes her head and asks herself"Why Ava would take up for Tenny,I have no idea."
   Down at Jazz,Cale,Allison,and Candace have some drinks as Cale and Candace talks about what happened in The Storm Shelter and Candace tells Allison"Cale and I are practically brother and sister.We had to protect each other growing up.We went through hell with that bastard and Connie."Allison tells Candace"Cale told me stories about what the two of you had to endure and it is heartbreaking to even imagine."Cale's phone rings and it's FJR's Team Director and he ignores the call and Allison asks"Who was that?"Cale tells Allison"It was FJR.I think Frank wants me to drive for him but he's lost me."Candace and Allison looks at Cale and both tell him"Why don't you drive for him?It's your career and all you're doing is driving."Cale looks at Allison and his cousin and tells them"He's betrayed me so many times and I can't fathom driving for him and facing him,especially while he's with Connie."Candace tells Allison"He has a point there."Allison asks them"So did she get released from The Storm Shelter?"Cale and Candace nods and tells Allison"When Wade left,he left some valuable information to send her to jail for life."Allison tells both of them"Maybe that can bring you some peace."Candace tells them"I worry about Shannon."Cale asks"Who is Shannon?"Candace tells her Cousin"Shannon is my sister.Another victim of that bastard we had to grow up with."Cale and Allison tells Candace"Sounds like she needs some family."Candace tells them"She does and I want to be there for her."Cale looks at Candace and tells her"I will be there for her also."Allison also agrees and Candace tells them"That means a lot.I'm glad she's with a Mom that loves her and a Grandpa."Cale tells Candace"Uncle Floyd is a good man and Shannon has a family now.She can heal."Candace takes a drink and tells Cale and Allison"She will,but Cale we know those scars stay."Cale nods and he tells his Cousin"That's where her family comes in."Candace and Cale hug and Allison tells them"Let's pay our tab and visit her."All of them agree and they head to Floyd and Maria's house to visit Shannon.
   At Jackson Inc,Ciarra sits in her office,as Floyd arrives and he takes off his cowboy hat and kisses her and asks"How has your day been so far?"Ciarra reads the sales report from Emery's and tells Floyd"Not good.It's just been a nightmare."Ava arrives and looks at her Uncle and Ciarra and she tells Ciarra"You need to check out for the day.Your sister needs you."Ciarra quips"I need a break from Tennessee."Ava tells Ciarra"She got a urn in the mail with Allan's name on it."Floyd looks at Ciarra and tells her"Go check on her.I know you've been worried about her."Ciarra tells both of them"I wonder if Beth knows about this yet."Ava tells Ciarra"I called her and informed her."Ciarra leaves and Floyd asks"Do you want me to go with you?"Ciarra and Ava both looks at Floyd and Ciarra reminds him"Do you want to live?"Floyd laughs,as does Ava as Ciarra hugs him and she tells Ava"Check those sales reports."Ciarra leaves and Ava tells her Uncle"We need to have a talk about Maria!"Floyd sighs and tells his niece"I know about what happened Ava.Maria is just protective of Shannon,as I am."Ava tells her Uncle"I understand that Uncle Floyd,but Allan could be dead.She doesn't handle those things well.When I lost Jack and Sully was at death's door,she was terrified to come to the hospital.When J.D. died,she left town because of her grief and she's never been the same woman."Floyd asks Ava"So are you saying at one time Tenny was normal?"Ava looks at her Uncle and tells him"When J.D. died,a part of Tenny went with him."Floyd sits down and sighs"I can actually understand her now.I felt that way too when Helen died,but when Maria died,it tore me apart."Ava tells Floyd"I think of Jack every day and I feel him,but to know he isn't here breaks my heart."Floyd hugs Ava and tells her"I understand Ava.You have survived a lot and you're one strong lady,like your Mama."Ava sighs and responds"I wish I could agree,but I am looking for closure.Until I find that,then I can officially move on."The receptionist walks in and tells Floyd"Your daughter's calling."Floyd answers the phone and hangs up and tells Ava"Shannon's ran away."Floyd gets his cowboy hat and leaves and Ava sits at her desk and reads Emery's sales report and she isn't pleased and she thinks of Jack for a moment and pulls out a picture of him and looks at it,as tears form in her eyes.
   At the burial plot at Hell Hill,Rashad visits Jack's grave and tells Jack"I wish you were here right now Jack.I am in a tough spot and I need some help."Aretha walks up and tells Rashad"Baby Boy,don't you worry about a thing when it comes to Sidney.If Latoya wants to live it up in Los Angeles,then she can,but I will fight like hell if you want your son and want to stay here."Rashad looks at his Mother and tells her"I love Latoya and I want a family,and I want Sidney to have a family.He needs all of us."Aretha tells Rashad"Your heart is in the right place.What are you going to do?"Rashad asks his Mother"If I was to go with Latoya and Sidney to L.A.,can you promise me that you and Grandma and Uncle Terrance would be ok."Aretha looks at Rashad and tells him,as both of them starts to get emotional"I'm going nowhere Rashad.Don't underestimate your Grandma.She's very strong and so am I,and Uncle Terrance.You have to do what you feel is right."Rashad tells his Mother"I don't want to leave Mama."Aretha looks at Rashad and takes a deep breath and says to her son"Go with Latoya to Los Angeles and see how things work out.Just see.If things don't work out,then you and Sidney come home."Rashad asks his Mother with tears in his eyes"Are you sure?"Aretha cries as she hugs Rashad and tells him"I want you here and my Grandson,but Sidney needs his Mommy and his Daddy.Do it."Rashad hugs his Mother,as they both cry.
   Back at City Hospital,Terrance sits in the nursery with Willie,as she holds her Great-Grandson and she tells her son"I hate the idea of thinking this precious baby will be so far away."Terrance looks at Little Sidney and tells his Mother"I know how you feel.But I know Rashad will be back here and you'll get to see him often."Willie looks at Terrance and tells her son,with tears in her eyes"I am getting old Terrance.I don't feel like I'm going to be around long enough to see him grow up."Terrance sternly tells his Mother"You stop with that talk!You are one of the toughest women I know and you will be around for years to come."In Latoya's room,Summer has arrived and Sassy and Summer consoles Latoya as she tells them"I feel like I'm in a corner.I am going to L.A. and I'm taking Sidney with me."Sassy tells her daughter"Rashad loves you and he wants what is best.It's a hard decision to make."Summer tells her best friend"I will miss you if you move,but I will come visit all the time.Sidney is my God-son anyway."Latoya smiles for a moment and Rashad walks into the room,with Aretha at his side as he tells Latoya"If you want to go to Los Angeles,I'm going to go with you."Latoya starts to cry and asks"Are you really going to L.A. with me?"Rashad walks over to Latoya and holds her hand and tells her"Our son comes first and he needs both of us."Aretha walks out of the room and heads to the nursery and Willie and Terrance looks at Aretha,as she starts to cry and Willie and Terrance holds Aretha as she tells them"My baby boy is moving."
   At Floyd and Maria's house,Floyd has returned home and finds Maria in a state of panic as she cries to her Father"I searched for Shannon and called the ALPD.Nobody has seen her."Floyd hugs his Daughter and assures her"We will find her.Pop's never let you down now has he?"There's a knock at the door and Floyd goes to answer it and Cale,Allison,and Candace are at the door and Shannon's with them and Floyd tells Maria"Look who's back."Maria runs to Shannon and hugs her and tells her"Don't scare me like that again sweetie!"Shannon tells everyone"Yelling scares me and I hate seeing people fighting."Cale and Candace puts their hands on Shannon's shoulders and Maria asks Shannon"Where did you go?"Shannon says"I walked to the bridge and Candace,Cale,and Allison stopped and picked me up."Maria and Floyd looks at them and Maria tells them"Thank you so much for finding her."Candace tells Maria"I am here for my sister."Cale and Allison also add"We are too."All of them hug Shannon and Maria tells Cale and Candace"You don't know what this means to us."Cale tells Maria"Candi and I both know what's it's like to endure Trevor,and we are going to be a part of Shannon's life."Floyd tells Cale"You are a great man Cale."Allison and Candace tells Shannon"If you ever need us,you got us.Don't forget that."Shannon hugs her sister and Allison,as Maria stands back with tears in her eyes,overwhelmed with Cale,Candace,and Allison's kindness and help,as is Floyd.
   At Jazz,Jermaine and Sayyid arrive after checking Keith's room at The Sunset Club and not finding him there and walks into Keith's office and finds him sitting at the desk with his pistol in his hand as Jermaine and Sayyid asks Keith"What's wrong Keith?"Keith tells his best friend and his Father"I have Hepatitis C and it's active.I may not have long to live."Both are floored and Sayyid shakes his head in anger and punches the wall as he asks his son"Are you saying you're dying?"Keith tells them"I have to have a test done and then I will know.But someone will."At The Farm,Frank returns home and finds Connie laying on the couch as she tells Frank"I got you something to help your pain."She hands Frank a bottle of Oxycontin and Frank tells Connie"How did you get these?"Connie tells him"I have my sources.At least your hand will feel better."Frank kisses her and he takes 2 pills and opens up a bottle of whiskey and tells Connie"You are the only person in my life I can count on."Meanwhile outside,Beth sits in her car,as she has Frank's test results and Connie's medical records and she receives a text from Ciarra and Olivia and Beth responds"Keep her calm.Don't let her go anywhere!"Beth gets out of the car and notices Frank and Connie are inside and Beth debates telling Frank herself and is quiet for a moment and makes a phone call to Ruth and tells her"You need to come to Frank's house now."Beth then calls Leigh,who's at Class with Sully and tells her"Go home and stay with Gracie and Xavier Jr."Beth pulls out the keys to Frank's house and unlocks the door.

1 comment: