Friday, July 19, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 185. Life Changing Decisions

   It's the next morning in Adam's Landing and at Ciarra and Tenny's Penthouse,Tenny sits in the kitchen,smoking a joint and talking to Precious,as he sits next to her and she tells him"Did you miss your Mommy while she was gone searching for your brother?"Ciarra walks out of her bedroom and tells her sister"Lay off the reefer Tennessee.Company's coming this morning."Tenny looks at her sister,as she takes a toke and asks sarcastically"Who?Floyd and his daughter?I have nothing to hide."Ciarra looks at Tenny's marijuana pouch and grabs it and sternly tells her sister as she walks back to her bedroom"My visitor doesn't need to be around you and your trip to where-ever you are going this morning!"Tenny quips"Loosen up Oldest Sister.You act like you're on a damn power trip."Ciarra rolls her eyes and heads to her bedroom and Tenny tells Precious"Mommy's home my boy."Tenny walks over as breakfast is cooking and yells"You don't cook that much old woman so who are you trying to impress?"Ciarra is in her bedroom and ignores Tenny and there's a knock at the door and Ciarra runs out of her bedroom,but Tenny gets to the door first and answers it to find Shannon at the door and Precious runs up to Shannon and Tenny snarks"Who in the hell are you?"Shannon is quiet and sees Ciarra and walks up to her and gives her a hug and says with a smile"Good morning Grandma."Tenny's eyes widen and she asks Shannon in a cold tone"Nobody here's your damn Grandma!Who in the hell are you?"Ciarra snaps at her sister"Knock it off Tennessee.This is Shannon,Maria's daughter.She's been babysitting Precious when I go down to the office."Tenny rudely tells Shannon"Well since I'm back,Precious doesn't need a babysitter anymore so you can go the hell on."Shannon starts to cry and Ciarra gets angry and tells Tenny"Walk into the bedroom and put that joint out!"Tenny snaps"I can do what in the hell I want to.I live here too!"Ciarra grabs Tenny's arm and pulls her in her bedroom and sternly tells her"That young girl has been through hell and she does not need to hear your snide remarks due to who she's related to.Last night you were praising Floyd for restoring The Estate in Blue Ridge."Tenny tells her sister"I didn't know you were adopting his family.I swear it's like if you are a Sullivan,a Jackson gravitates towards them.She better not call me Aunt Tenny."Ciarra looks at Tenny and tells her"Shannon is a good kid and you lay off of her!I mean it Old Woman!"Ciarra walks back into the kitchen to see Shannon's gone and yells at Tenny"You're going to apologize to her for your actions Tennessee."Tenny lights up her joint and tells Ciarra"When hell freezes over."Ciarra turns the oven off and leaves to find Shannon and Tenny says to herself"Ciarra is just as addicted to the Jackson family as Beth.Damn."
   At City Hospital,Aretha arrives along with Willie,as they walk into Latoya's room and finds Latoya and Rashad asleep with Little Sidney and they both get emotional as Sassy walks in and she tells Aretha and Willie"I have yet to tell them about what we discussed last night."Rashad and Latoya wakes up and Rashad asks them"What were you discussing?"Sassy tells her daughter and Rashad"I'll let Jermaine be the one to explain things to you."Rashad notices the look in his Mother and Grandmother's eyes and tells them"I think you need to go on ahead and tell us what's going on.Something isn't right."Aretha looks at Sassy and Willie is quiet as she plays with her Great-Grandson and Sassy tells Latoya and Rashad"Keith and Jermaine are moving to L.A..Clarence Lewis wants to sign you to his label and move out there as well."Latoya and Rashad are both taken back from the announcement and Latoya tells everyone"I just had my son.Isn't it too soon to be discussing this?"Rashad adds"My team is here in Adam's Landing and Los Angeles is too far away to be."Sassy tells her daughter and Rashad"It's up to you.And whatever you decide,I will support you."Aretha isn't thrilled nor is Willie and Aretha tells Rashad"L.A. is only a flight away baby boy.I do much business out there but you are grown and I can't stop you from moving if that's what you want to do."Latoya tells Sassy,Aretha,and Willie"We need to talk about this alone.This is a major decision."All agree and Aretha picks up her Grandson and tells Sassy and Willie"Let's go spoil Little Sidney."They head to the nursery and Latoya looks at Rashad and Latoya tells Rashad"Clarence Lewis is very powerful in the music industry and he's been known to make singers like me superstars."Rashad sighs and tells Latoya"We just had our son and our family are here.FJR is here and Grandma is getting older and I know she won't come visit because she doesn't fly."Latoya looks at Rashad and grabs his hand and tells him"This is my chance.I don't want to turn it down and regret it later."Rashad sighs of frustration as Latoya tells him"I'm going to L.A.."Rashad is quiet,as he isn't thrilled with the idea of leaving Adam's Landing.
   Downstairs,Beth sits in her office,as she reads Frank's blood test results again and shakes her head with disgust as Terrance walks in and asks Beth"Have you been upstairs yet to see my Great-Nephew?"Beth stares at Frank's results and tells Terrance"I peeked in this morning.He's a cutie."Terrance asks Beth"So what does those results say?"Beth looks at Terrance with a look of dread and tells him"It's bad Terrance.Very bad.I don't even know how to break the news to Frank or Ruth about this."Terrance asks Beth"What is it?"Beth hands the results to Terrance and he has a look of horror and gasps"Oh my god.If Frank.."Beth responds"I'm having Keith tested as well.I should be getting the results back quickly from the lab."Terrance tells Beth"Do you have a clue as to how he got it?"Beth answers with a look of sadness in her eyes"If Keith's results are the same,then we have the answer."Terrance looks down and tells her"With the possibility of Latoya and Rashad moving away,and now this,I can't grasp it."Beth tells Terrance"Go up to Maternity and be with your family and once Keith's results return,I'll let you know."Terrance walks out and heads back to check on Latoya and Rashad,as Beth stares at Frank's results and says to herself"It's caught you Frank.It's caught you good."
   In Keith's room,Sayyid sits by his son as Keith is awake and sees his Father and tells him"When did you arrive?"Sayyid tells his son"I've been here since last night.I went to see Rashad's newborn son and I've sat in this chair since."Keith looks at his Father and tells him"I got something to tell you Father.I'm leaving Adam's Landing.Clarence has offered me a deal I can't turn down in L.A. and Jermaine is coming along and Latoya and Rashad are likely following."Sayyid looks at his son and asks in a shocked tone"You're joking?You're going back to L.A.?"Keith tells his Father"Clarence Lewis is one of the few good guys in the music industry.I'm signed to his label,and he's one of the richest African-American businessmen in the United States."Sayyid sighs"Damn son.What about Jazz?What about me?"Keith tells his Father"I am going to be a judge on this new talent show on TV and Clarence wants me to help Latoya get started as well."Sayyid tells his son"I don't like this Keith.I don't like the thought of you being so far away and you're all I have left besides Willie,Aretha,and Terrance.Willie is getting older and I want to be with my sister.She needs me."Keith tells his Father"I need you also.I am going to be released today and Jermaine and I are going to find someone to run Jazz for us and I want to find Allan because I don't believe he's dead."Sayyid starts to cry and tells his son"You're putting me in a tough spot Keith.I know how it works out there.I also know how vulnerable you are to excess."Keith confides"That's why I need you Father."Sayyid walks over and grabs his son's hand and looks at him,as Keith looks at him and Sayyid tells his son in a sad tone"Give me some time to take this in son.I need to talk to a few people first."Keith tells him"Take all the time you need."Sayyid walks out of the room and takes a deep breath as Keith lays in his hospital bed and tells himself"I got to do this.This is my last chance and I want to even the score."
  Meanwhile at Jackson Inc,Sully and Jared arrives together as Xavier's called both of them to his office.They walk inside and Sully asks her Father"What's the problem Daddy?"Bree and Burt arrives as well and Xavier announces to them"I'm pulling sponsorship from FJR immediately.Frank has lost me and since he wants to play with fate and betray the family,I am going to cut our funds to his team."Sully looks at her Father,as does Jared,Burt,and Bree and asks him"Why are you going to cut sponsorship on the biggest team in The Stock Car League?It's great promotion and Rashad is a great driver though I wish a woman was driving the car with the Class sponsorship on it."Jared tells Xavier"Foodstar has been in racing for years and I think you're making a mistake."Bree defends her Uncle and tells Xavier"What has brought this on Xavier?What has Frank done to you?"Xavier tells them"Frank only gives a damn about himself!He's betrayed and hurt this family with his actions and Cale is driving for Jesse Adams now and he's lost my trust."Bree reminds Xavier"You are acting like Grandpa.I am against this and you are letting the personal mix with business!"Xavier tells Bree"The economy sucks right now!It's an understandable decision.Especially if Frank is behind the wheel,which he won't be because his hand is out of commission after being shot!"Bree yells"You shot Uncle Frank?"Sully looks at Jared and they have a look of dread and Burt reminds his wife"You're pregnant Bree."Xavier tells his niece"You're damn right I shot him in the hand after trying to free that whore Connie and her son!"Bree shakes her head in disgust and tells him"I don't approve of how Uncle Frank's been acting lately,but I sure as hell don't approve of how you handled things.Frank is like a Father to me Xavier!"Xavier looks at Bree and asks her"So are you saying you'd betray the family too?"Burt grabs Bree's hand and tells her"You don't need this Bree.Go check on Summer."Bree tells her husband"Shut up!"Bree turns to Xavier and yells"You are just like B.R. Jackson and that man was nothing but evil!You need a damn reality check!"Xavier stands up from his desk and stares at Bree with anger in his eyes and hisses"Don't you ever EVER disrespect my Father in front of me again!Don't even start with me on how you all shunned him in his last years.Your whore of a Mother destroyed this family and you,Frank,Junior all went Poor Jamie.Sorry Bree!I don't feel the same damn way!"Bree screams at Xavier"Go to hell you son of a bitch!"Bree storms out and Burt follows his wife as Jared and Sully asks Xavier"Are you alright?"Xavier tells his Daughter and Son in Law"She wants the damn truth,I'll give it to her!Jamie was nothing but a damn whore and just watch,Summer will turn out the same way.Raped or not."Sully tells her Father"Summer has been through a lot and you need to cut her some slack."Jared reminds Sully"Some women do go that route after being raped.It's a proven fact."Sully tells her Husband"It affects everyone differently,but if I'm willing to cut Summer a break,then you should too Daddy!"Xavier tells Sully and Jared"I got to head out and check on some things."Sully tells her Father"Please give Summer a chance?"Xavier looks at Sully and tells her"Princess,she will have to prove to me if she's really changed or not."Xavier walks out and Sully looks at her Husband and asks"Don't tell me you're siding with Daddy?"Jared tells Sully"I am in the middle.I am still adjusting to the fact that Wade Issac is my brother."Sully hugs Jared and tells him"It's getting close to the 1 year anniversary of Papaw's death.Maybe that's getting to Daddy."Jared tells her"Things have been tense lately."Sully agrees as she kisses Jared and heads to Class,as Jared heads to FJR.
  At Hell Hill,Ruth is in the kitchen with Floyd,Maria,and Ava as she has cooked breakfast and Bobby walks inside and asks Ava"Where's Winston?"Ava tells him"He's down in The Storm Shelter."Bobby tells them"I am heading down there to talk to him about Connie."Ava tells Bobby"Wade has returned to Sugar Creek and I've got sources to tell me if he doesn't prove himself to Winston and I."Bobby tells them"I'm here to put this ankle monitor on her and I'm sending her to Unity Prison.Wade left a deposition and enough evidence for me to send her to the slammer."Ruth asks Bobby"How are Junior and Tommy?"Bobby tells her"Their trials are coming up.I'm putting the final pieces together to send them to prison for life."Ruth sighs and says with sadness in her eyes"I hate to feel like this,but they deserve to be in prison."Ava agrees as does Floyd and Maria and Bobby hugs Ruth and heads down to The Storm Shelter."Meanwhile Ruth hears the front door slam and Ruth,Floyd,Maria,and Ava walks into the living room as Shannon stands in the living room crying and Maria and Floyd asks"What's wrong Shannon?"Shannon cries"Ms.Sullivan fired me and was so mean to me."Ruth asks Shannon"Which one?"Shannon cries"Grandma's sister."Maria fumes with anger,as does Floyd and Ruth as Maria snaps"Tenny doesn't need to start on my little girl.She will regret it if she does."Ruth tells Maria"Tenny hates anyone in this family that is a Jackson.She's always been like that."Ava tells all of them,defending Tenny"She has been through a lot since finding out about Allan's death or disappearance.She doesn't handle those type of things well."Ruth tells her Daughter"Tenny has always hated this family and that won't ever change.I'd like to go over there right now and just slap her into next week!"Maria tells them"I am about to do that."Maria storms out and Floyd tries to stop his Daughter and Maria yells"I will not allow some bitchy old woman like Tenny Sullivan treat Shannon with such cruelty.She's had enough of that already!"Maria storms out and Floyd hugs his Granddaughter,as does Ruth and Ciarra walks inside and looks at Shannon and Shannon asks Ciarra"Why is your sister so mean?"Ciarra walks over and hugs Shannon and tells her,shaking her head"She's that way sweetie.I don't know how to explain her."Floyd tells Ciarra,as does Ruth"Maria's about to pay her a visit."Ciarra quips"She needs to be put in her place."Ava tells them"It's likely because of Allan.She's lashing out."Ruth looks at her Daughter and snaps"Ava!Tenny is a bitter old bitch and that will never change!"Ava tells her Mother,as she heads to Jackson Inc"I know her and I know how she is.Back off of Tenny."Ciarra tells Ava"I'll be down there later."Ava leaves and Ciarra,Floyd,and Ruth holds Shannon as she's upset and hurt by Tenny's actions.
   At City Hospital,Willie,Aretha,and Sassy are in the nursery as Willie sits in the rocking chair holding her Great-Grandson and Terrance walks in and asks"So have Latoya and Rashad made a decision yet?"Sassy tells Terrance"I don't know yet.But it's a tough one to make.Aretha and Willie agrees,as does Terrance as the OBGYN walks in the nursery and tells them"Time to check Sidney out to send him home."In Latoya's room,Latoya and Rashad are at odds over Latoya's choice and Jermaine walks inside and Jermaine tells his daughter"Someone wants to meet you."Clarence walks in the room and tells Latoya"So you're that great singer I've heard so much about."Latoya gets excited as Clarence asks Latoya"How would you like to be a part of CL Records?"Latoya tells Clarence"Mr.Lewis,I accept."Jermaine tells Latoya"You're about to become the next legend in the music business.I know it."As Jermaine and Clarence talks to Latoya,Rashad walks outside the room and stares off into space,as he says to himself"I don't want to go to L.A."Sayyid walks up and asks Rashad"I take it you feel like me?"Rashad looks at his Great-Uncle and starts to cry and tells him"I don't want to leave Mama and Grandma."Sayyid hugs Rashad and tells him"Me either Rashad."They walk down to the nursery window and watch Aretha,Willie,and Sassy play with Little Sidney and both Sayyid and Rashad are quiet,with tears in their eyes.
   In The Storm Shelter,Winston tells Connie,as Country stands guard"Your son left this morning and you have nobody left to defend your worthless ass now."Xavier arrives with Bobby and Bobby tells Connie"You're going to be free for now,but if you step one foot outside of Adam's Landing,you're going straight to jail."Bobby puts the ankle monitor on Connie's leg and Country uncuffs her and Connie tells Bobby"You have aged well,but you're still one crooked attorney!"Bobby quips"And from what I understand you're still living up to your reputation.A conniving whore."Connie tells all of them"Kiss my ass!"Connie runs out and Bobby tells Winston,Xavier,and Country"Wade left his deposition and she's going to be in Unity in no time."Winston is quiet as he says to Bobby,Xavier,and Country"I guess Wade is sincere after all."
   Back at Tenny and Ciarra's Penthouse,Tenny sits on the couch with Precious,as they watch Soapland,and Tenny pulls out her marijuana pouch and tells Precious"Ciarra forgets I know where she hides stuff."Tenny lights up a joint and there's a knock at the door and Tenny walks to the door and it's a delivery man and he tells Tenny"My deepest condolences Ms.Sullivan."Tenny takes the box over to the couch and opens it and finds a urn inside with Allan's name on it and Tenny is silent and says to herself in disbelief"No.No.He is not dead.He is not dead."She looks up and yells in anger and grief"You lied to me J.D.!Our son is really dead."J.D.'s spirit stands in the room and shakes his head as he says to his wife"He is alive Tennessee."Tenny screams"If he's alive,then why do I have his ashes?"Maria opens the door and yells at Tenny"Look you old bitch!Don't ever yell or take out your anger on my Daughter!"Tenny looks at Maria and walks over to the cabinet and pulls out a pistol and in a paranoid state,asks Maria"How about I take my frustrations out on you?"
   In Beth's office at City Hospital,the lab technician walks inside Beth's office and tells her"Here's Keith's results."Beth thanks her as she walks away and opens the envelope and looks at Keith's blood test and reads Frank's blood test again and she looks at both of them and has a look of horror on her face as she is silent and reads both results again and is frozen as she says to herself"Oh my god.Oh my god.."
 

1 comment: