Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 178. Self-Destruction And Secrets

   In Burt's office at Jackson Inc,Burt looks at Floyd as he stares at Burt with anger in his eyes and Burt tells Floyd"I think the past should be left in the past Floyd."Floyd tells him in a calm,but stern tone"It's Mr.Jackson to you Corbin.So are you planning to hurt Bree the same way you hurt my Maria?Got any secrets that you're keeping from Bree?Burt tells Floyd"Bree and I are married and we have an open and honest relationship."Floyd laughs"I bet she doesn't know about your relationship with Maria though does she Corbin?Or that she carried your child and then you left once your wife found out about it?"Burt looks at Floyd and tells him"I didn't love Lily.She was nothing to me.She was nothing but a two bit whore who was never faithful,therefore I saw no reason to be faithful to her."Floyd tells him"But you sure didn't take long to head back to Blue Ridge when Lily busted you.Maria lost a child over that Corbin and she has never been the same.I don't like to see my daughter upset and Bree is a member of my family,and if you hurt her like you did Maria,then I will hang your ass!"Ciarra and Ava meanwhile walks into Burt's office,as they've listened to Burt and Floyd's conversation and Ciarra looks at Floyd and he asks Ciarra"So Lily Corbin was your daughter?"Ciarra nods and tells Floyd"I gave birth to her,but she wasn't a daughter."Floyd is quiet and Ava and Ciarra looks with shock as Floyd warns Burt"I know how you are.I used to be the same way.Maybe you've changed,but we'll see."Floyd walks out and Ciarra and Ava asks Burt"What was that about?"Burt is quiet and Ciarra is silent for a moment and says to Burt"Was Maria the one you were with out West years ago?"Burt nods and Ciarra tells Burt"I wish you had of stayed with her instead of giving into Lily."Burt is quiet as Ciarra heads back to her office and Ava looks at Burt and warns him"Don't hurt my niece Burt.If you do,Uncle Floyd will be the least of your worries."Ava walks out and Burt has a flashback and shakes his head with sadness in his eyes,thinking of his past with Maria.
   At FJR,Frank sits in his office as Rashad and Latoya arrives and Rashad tells Frank"Have you found another driver yet to replace Cale?"Frank tells Rashad"I am going to drive his car.I think that will be our best option.Hell what do I have to lose now?"Latoya holds on to Rashad and she receives a text from Sassy and tells Rashad"We need to get to the hospital now!"Rashad asks"What's wrong?"Latoya looks at Rashad and tells him"It's Keith."Latoya and Rashad heads out of FJR and Frank begins to walk out of his office and Xavier walks inside and looks at Frank and tells his brother"You are damn lucky you are related to me."Frank rolls his eyes and tells Xavier"I do not need to hear a lecture from you about Cale!I have heard enough!"Xavier asks Frank"Have you heard the news?I just heard Cale is going to drive for Jesse Adams.Do you have anyone in mind to replace him yet?"Frank tells Xavier"I'm driving his car.There's no other options on the table."Xavier gets upset and tells Frank"I sponsor this team and as your sponsor I don't want you behind the wheel.At your age.."Frank yells at Xavier"I can still get the job done.You and I both know that and it would benefit Rashad as well!"Xavier tells his brother"Grandma doesn't like it and I don't either.Our family can't handle another tragedy."Frank angrily yells"My Mama chose her side when she sided with your Mama concerning my past with Cale!"Xavier warns Frank"I know there is some good in you,but you are falling and falling hard.You need to get it together Frank.If you don't,then I will pull my money from FJR.I will not sponsor your death."Frank yells"I don't need your damn money or this family's money!I can take care of things on my own!"Xavier walks out and Frank sits at his desk and shakes his head in disgust,as he is silent and he makes a phone call to Connie,but gets no response.
   Meanwhile at City Hospital,Terrance,Sassy,Jermaine,Aretha,and Sayyid are in the Emergency Room as Keith lays in a hospital bed after an overdose of Cocaine.Jermaine tells everyone"I arrived at Jazz this morning and Keith was passed out at his desk.Something isn't right with him and my gut tells me this coke was laced."Terrance tells Jermaine"If you do a heavy amount of it,Cocaine can kill you.He is lucky he's breathing."Sayyid looks at his son with disappointment and asks Jermaine"How long has Keith been doing coke?"Jermaine tells Sayyid"I didn't know he was doing it again until yesterday.He's never had this kind of experience though from it."Sayyid tells Jermaine"Who was the last person with my son before you arrived yesterday?"Jermaine tells all of them"I saw a woman walking out of Jazz as Sassy,Latoya,and I arrived."Sayyid asks Jermaine"Did you know who she was?"Jermaine shakes his head and tells Sayyid"I don't know who she was,but when we walked in his office,he was doing a line at his desk and he must have been doing it for some time."Aretha grows concerned and Terrance tells everyone"I'm keeping him here and I'm going to check his blood sample.It seems since Keith got back his copyrights,things have derailed for him."Jermaine and Sassy agrees and Aretha tells them"I am wondering if this connects to Allan?"Jermaine is quiet as is Sayyid and Terrance and Latoya and Rashad arrives and Sassy greets them as Jermaine tells Sayyid,Aretha,and Terrance"Rich Carroll could have a hand in this."
   At The Farm,Connie sits in the living room and Candace walks inside and Connie asks her daughter"How did you know I was here?"Connie tells her Mother"I seen Cale.You have a long list of people looking for you and it isn't joyous either.I want my money."Connie looks at Candace and yells"I am not going to con Frank Jackson Candi.."Candace yells back"I warned you about calling me that!Now where is my money bitch?"Connie yells at Candace"I want out of this!I have already slept with Keith Ross and I have done my part."Candace warns her Mother"When I ran into you at that seafood place in Southpoint Beach,you were scared to death literally."Connie looks at Candace and begs"Don't tell nobody that I am alive.I did what I had to do to get away from him."Candace walks over to her Mother and screams"And you took Wade with you and left me there and Cale and we got abused and I got raped by my own Father or as I call him,sperm donor!"The phone rings and Candace walks over and tells her Mother"Money is calling.You best answer it if you want to stay hidden from the world."Connie looks at Candace as she pulls out a gun and Connie answers the phone and Frank asks Connie"How are you?"Connie has a look of fear and Candace watches on with a cold look and Connie quickly responds"I was fine until I found out my bank account has been hacked into and I'm broke."Frank tells Connie"No need to worry.I will help you."Frank tells Connie where his safe is located and Connie hangs up the phone and yells at Candace"This is it Candi!This is the last time I will do this!"Candace coldly says"Don't make promises you can keep bitch!"Connie heads to Frank's bedroom and Candace follows as Connie opens the safe and Candace tells Connie"I want all the money.All of it!"Connie hands her daughter a large sum of cash and Candace puts the money into her purse and tells her Mother"Now when you sleep with him later,I will be back for more."Connie yells"I am not a prostitute Candi!"Candace tells her Mother"With your reputation,it fits you to a T."Candace walks out and Connie makes a phone call.In The Storm Shelter,Wade is reaching for the keys and his phone rings and as he is about to get the keys to free himself,Winston walks in The Storm Shelter and stomps Wade's hand and picks up the keys and asks Wade"Going somewhere?"Wade holds his hand in pain,as Winston checks Wade's phone and says"Mommy's calling."Wade looks at Winston in fear.Meanwhile back at The Farm,Connie gets Wade's voicemail and tells her son"I am in trouble.Big trouble."Winston plays the voicemail and asks Wade"I thought Mommy died?"Winston puts Wade's phone in his pocket and walks out of the storm shelter,with the keys in hand,as Wade has a look of defeat on his face.
   Meanwhile up at Hell Hill,Ruth has cooked lunch and Xavier walks inside as Leigh and Sully also arrive and Ruth tells them"I know all of you are busy,but Bree's bringing Summer over and I wanted to give her a nice welcome home."Xavier isn't pleased and quips"At least Jared isn't here."Sully,Leigh,and Ruth tells Xavier"Summer needs her family Xavier so let your grudges go."Sully tells her Father"I plan to be there for her and be of help in any way I can.I know what it's like to go through such a horrifying experience."Xavier looks at them and notices a text on his phone and tells them"I'm going outside.Summer will have to prove to me she isn't like her Mother before she gets my blessings.By the way,Frank is racing again.Cale left FJR to drive for Jesse Adams."Ruth yells"Damnit!He promised me he wouldn't drive again!"Xavier tells Ruth"Well it's Frank against the world right now.He will do what he wants,but I will cut his sponsorship and I let him know that."Ruth tells Xavier"I'm glad you did that.Maybe it will open his eyes,but I hope it doesn't hurt Rashad's chances of getting into racing."Xavier tells her"Rashad is good in my book.Frank needs to man up.Hopefully this will be a wake up call."Xavier kisses his wife and daughter and Ruth and walks outside and Leigh tells Sully and Ruth"We must have a visitor in The Storm Shelter."Ruth looks at them and says"I think so."Bree and Summer arrive at Hell Hill and receives a warm welcome from Ruth,Leigh,and Sully and Bree and Summer walks into the kitchen,as Ruth's prepared lunch as Ruth,Leigh,Sully,and Bree welcome Summer home after her stay in the psychiatric ward of City Hospital after being raped by Chant Hale.
   Floyd returns to his home on the Whispering Hills estate and sees Maria sitting in the living room,watching TV and she asks her Father"Where did you go Pop?"Floyd sighs and tells his Daughter"I went to see Ruth and Corbin."Maria looks at Floyd and asks him"Please don't go after him.Let that stay in the past.I already have enough to deal with."Floyd sits next to Maria and gently asks"Are you thinking about her?"Maria cries"I am.I felt her yesterday.Like she may be close."Floyd asks Maria"Do you want your Pop to keep his eyes open for you?"Maria tells him"I worry about her all the time Pop.That bastard took her away from me and left the country and never came back.God knows what she's been through,or if she's even alive."Floyd hugs Maria and consoles her as she tells him"Trevor Issac is sick twisted son of a bitch and if I ever see him again,I will kill his ass!"Floyd tells his daughter"He deserves to die.And if I see him,that's a promise."
  At Jackson Inc,Burt sits in his office,as Jared walks inside and asks Burt"How did that go with Floyd?"Burt tells Jared"Floyd has never forgiven me for hurting Maria years ago and you know how the Jackson family are."Jared laughs and tells him"I certainly do."Burt tells Jared"I have made mistakes in my life and I have mt regrets.I really hurt Maria and I can do nothing to reverse it."Jared tells Burt"Life goes on and you have a future to look forward to now with Bree and a kid on the way.Things are looking up."Burt agrees but says somberly"I feel guilty though.I mean,here I am with a woman that loves me and carrying my kid,but there's so much she doesn't know."Jared gives Burt some advice and tells him"The key to a successful marriage is honesty.Tell Bree everything about your past and if it's meant to be,she will understand."Burt looks at Jared and tells him"You're a wise young man."Jared tells Burt"I am lucky.I have the best woman in the world and I have been through a lot in my life."Burt looks at Jared and tells him"Me too.It's been a long hard road for me,but things are looking up,and I intend to keep it that way."Jared pats Burt on the back as he heads back to his office and Burt heads to Hell Hill to meet up with Bree and Summer.
  Back at City Hospital,Keith is admitted into a room and Sassy stays at his side,along with Jermaine as Aretha stands outside the room with Rashad and Latoya and tells them"I think the two of you should just head to the house.Keith will be fine and then we'll go from there."Latoya tells Aretha"I don't like drugs and he really scared me when he went at my Mom at Jazz after she knocked his cocaine in the floor."Aretha assures Latoya"I think something is going on with Keith and somebody's setting him up to fall."Latoya responds"Rich Carroll?"Aretha tells Latoya"That is my instinct as well as your Father's.Rich wants Keith's copyrights."In Keith's room,Sassy and Jermaine discuss Keith and Jermaine tells Sassy"I know that Keith's done cocaine on and off for some time.He was heavy on it back in the day.But I'm going to find out who the woman is that Keith has been seeing and then go from there."Sassy tells Jermaine"I'll be right here.Aretha can track down the woman."Jermaine quips"Aretha Evans can find out anything.We already know that."Both of them laugh for a moment as Jermaine heads out and sees Aretha and asks her"Do you know who's been seeing Keith?"Aretha looks at Jermaine,as Latoya and Rashad heads to Hell Hill,and tells him"A source told me he's seeing a white girl from Southpoint Beach."Aretha pulls out her tablet and shows Jermaine a video and he tells Aretha"That is Rich Carroll's mistress."Aretha has a look of horror and Terrance and Sayyid return and Terrance tells them"That Cocaine was laced with PCP and Oxycontin.This was a murder attempt."Aretha and Jermaine are horrified and Sayyid vows"The person that did this to Keith will die!That's a damn promise."Aretha shows her Uncle her tablet and Sayyid recognizes the face and tells them"I think I know how to get some answers."Sayyid leaves and Terrance recieves a text meanwhile from Beth,who's in Southpoint Beach and Terrance tells his Sister and Jermaine"We're about to get some answers."In Southpoint Beach,Beth,Tenny,and Olivia are in a suite as they discuss strategy and Beth tells her Mother and Olivia"Keith Ross had a drug overdose and Terrance told me it was a murder attempt."Tenny lights up a joint and Olivia is scared as she fears the worst and there's a knock at the door and Beth walks up to answer the door and it's Rich,and Beth,Tenny,and Olivia are quiet as Rich tells them"Allan left town."

1 comment:

  1. SO INJOYED THE LAST TWO EPISODES ! JUST HIT THE SPOT WITH MY COFFEE THIS MORNING AS I DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO READ YESTERDAY'S EPISODE.

    ReplyDelete