Monday, July 29, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 191. The Broken Road

   At City Hospital,Beth stands in the waiting room of the ICU with Aretha,Terrance,and Sayyid as they look at each other and Aretha asks her brother with fear in her voice"Will Mama be herself again?"Terrance looks at his sister and stares at her quietly and somberly responds"I can't tell you."Beth gets a text from Ciarra and tells Terrance"I have to go,but if you need me,I'm a phone call away.'Aretha,Terrance,and Sayyid tells Beth"Thank you for being here."Beth tells them"I won't tell you she will survive or she will be fine.If I did,then I'd get your hopes up.With a hemorrhagic stroke,it's much worse than your typical stroke."Aretha hangs onto her Brother and Uncle as she cries"This is the same thing that took other members of our family."Sayyid looks at Aretha and tells his Niece"We all know Willie is a fighter and she's not ready to go."Rashad heads upstairs with Latoya and Little Sidney,Sassy,Summer,and Jermaine and Beth takes a deep breath and hugs the Evans family as she leaves.Rashad asks his Mother"Will Grandma survive?"Terrance tells the family"Mama has a statement that she does not want life support unless she will 100% recover,and sadly we need to take that into consideration.Whether or not she survives isn't the question.But rather what is the right thing to do.What would Mama want us to do?"Rashad tells his Uncle"I want to see her scans."Terrance looks at his nephew and tells him"You should just go with Latoya and be with your son."Latoya tells Rashad"He's right and we need to get ready to go to L.A.."Rashad turns around and tells Latoya"My Grandmother may be on her deathbed.I am not leaving my family!"Rashad holds onto his Mother as Aretha looks at Latoya,Sassy,Summer,and Jermaine and tells them"Take care of my Grandson.Go to Sassy's for now until Rashad returns."Latoya yells at Rashad"What about me and our son?"Sassy warns Latoya"This is not the time.We're going to my house!"Sassy apologizes to Aretha and she takes Latoya and Little Sidney to her home and tells her daughter"Rashad is in the worst scenario he could be in.Don't start thinking about yourself."Summer goes with Sassy,Latoya,and Little Sidney,as Sayyid asks Jermaine"Where is my son?"Jermaine tells Sayyid"Keith's at Jazz right now.He's finishing things up before he leaves for L.A."Sayyid tells Jermaine"Once I know about Willie,I'll be there."Jermaine heads out and Terrance and Aretha stand by Rashad,as does Sayyid,as they go into Willie's room,where she's in a coma and Terrance tells them"This isn't right.We need to make a decision."
   At Jackson Inc,Xavier sits in his office,as he intently reads the expansion maps for Wallace's,and their sales reports and he grows furious,as he gets up from his desk and looks out of the window as he considers his options.Jared walks inside and tells Xavier"Country is in Burt's office.He's about to kill him!"Xavier and Jared rushes out of Xavier's office.In Burt's office,Country sits at Burt's desk and says to him"So Bree wasn't good enough and you had sex with Summer.I be damned!"Burt asks Country"Why would you even care?It's not like you ever gave a damn about my Wife before and now you want to play Dad?"Country gets up and aims his pistol at Burt and tells him"I guess so.You're right.But I am Bree's Daddy and if you should study up some on how Jamie Marx worked.That chapter needs to be closed and it will be if I have anything to do with it."Burt gets angry and tells Country"I am not having sex with Summer!Now get the hell out of my office!"Xavier walks inside with Jared and yells at Country"I need to talk to you!"Country looks at Burt and reminds him"We're not finished yet."Burt tells him"Yes we are."Jared stays in Burt's office,as he asks Burt"Is he right?Are you sleeping with Summer?"Burt grows silent and tells Jared"We need to focus on Wallace's than worry about my personal life."Jared asks"So I take it you are sleeping with Summer?"Burt tries to change subjects and Jared warns Burt"Summer Marx is the worst mistake you can ever make.Once you had her,she never gives up."Burt is quiet and tells Jared"I made my mistakes."Outside,Xavier reminds Country"Didn't I tell you to stay quiet and let Bree find out for herself?"Country tells Xavier"I screwed up royally with Jamie and I am ready to try to be Bree's Father X.I don't want her to be the next Ava."Xavier tells Country"I can promise you that won't happen.Bree's very strong and she was married to Michael Barr and he slept with Jamie."Country tells Xavier"But Burt is sleeping with her sister."Xavier pulls out his phone and tells Country"I have all I need in case I have to use it,but instead I'll send it to you.It might be better this way."Xavier sends his picture of Burt and Summer to Country and tells him"Now you can tell your Daughter,but leave Burt alone.He's worked for me for many years and we need him now.Wallace's has made a war cry and I need everyone here at Jackson Inc to be ready because this one will be dirty."Country asks"Wallace's?Isn't that a Department Store?"Xavier corrects Country"Discount Store.They have entered the grocery business and they are now number one in the nation.They have destroyed many grocers,discounters on the road to the top spot.And I'll be damned if they'll destroy me!"Country looks at Xavier and tells him"I got what I need now.I will be watching Burt."Country leaves and Xavier walks into Burt's office and looks at Burt and Jared and tells both of them"We need to get ready for war.Wallace's are about to meet their match with me!"
   Meanwhile at FJR,Frank arrives and The Team Director tells him"He's waiting for you."Frank heads into his office where Wallace Manning Jr sits and looks at Frank and says"Frank Jackson.The man I want to meet."Frank looks at Wallace and asks him"I thought Wallace's didn't do sponsorships?"Wallace responds"We don't,but we are about to move Southeast,and with our sponsorship of FJR,then it meets our bottom line.I just have one condition."Frank asks Wallace"And what would that condition be?"Wallace tells Frank"My son,Wally Manning wants a career in racing and I will sponsor FJR,if you put him in your top ride.I will sponsor both cars!"Frank tells Wallace"I don't hire pay drivers.I hire drivers that want to win."Wallace reminds Frank"I hear that money makes The Stock Car League survive and the teams.I would have thought you were more modern."Frank looks at Wally Manning's results in the lower series and tells Wallace"He only has one win and his record doesn't look good."Wallace smiles and tells Frank"That is why he will need you to help him develop into the next racing legend.Like you Frank."Frank asks Wallace"What if I put Wally in a lower division ride?"Wallace shakes his head and tells Frank"Either he gets a top ride or you will be out of the racing business.I know how this works and you're on a tightrope right now."Frank begrudgingly tells Wallace"I will put him in my car and let him drive for a few weeks."Wallace adds"The rest of the year.No Wally,then no money.It's up to you."Frank shakes his head and Wallace pulls out his briefcase and tells Frank"Looks like Wallace/FJR Racing will be the top dog when the next race starts."Frank signs the contracts and asks Wallace"So where is Wally?"Wallace tells Frank"He'll be ready for the race."Wallace walks out and tells Frank"You have just helped me out tremendously.We will both reap in the dollars now!"Wallace walks out and Frank reads the contracts and shakes his head,as he reads Wally Manning's race results and says to himself"I screwed up."Frank gets his phone to call Cale,but he gets his voicemail,and Frank says to himself"Time to visit my Son."Frank leaves and tells The Team Director"Wallace's will be the Team Sponsor of FJR."Frank hands him the contracts,as he heads out and The Team Director looks at the contracts and says to himself"You should have read this better boss."The Team Director has a look of defeat on his face as he reads on with disapproval.
   At Hell Hill,Maria,Floyd,and Bree are in the kitchen with Ruth as Shannon is upstairs with Gracie and Xavier Jr,and Ruth tells them"I am fine.I really don't want to talk about Connie Stone anymore.She is dead and she will stay that way."Bree asks her Grandmother"What would possess you to kill somebody?You have never done anything like that before."Floyd tells Bree"Your Gramdma was quite the scrapper in the old days.I will never forget when Brock had that affair and Ruth found out."Maria and Bree looks at Floyd as Ruth tells him"Don't bring that up Floyd."Floyd reminisces"Ruth found out Brock was sleeping with his secretary down at Jackson Inc,and Ruth went down there once she found out about it from Willie,and all I will say is that I'd hate to be that girl."Ruth tells them"Willie and I just went to pay her a friendly visit."Floyd laughs"If stitches and reconstructive surgery is what you call a friendly visit,then I am really scared now."Ruth points her finger at Floyd and reminds him"I just stomped her ass.She deserved it and then she left town and never came back."Floyd tells Maria and Bree"Brock was even scared of Ruth."Ruth laughs,as does Maria and Bree and Ruth tells them"I'm not a young lady now so I have to use a pistol instead of my fists.And Willie isn't young either so we couldn't do now what we did then."Ruth's phone rings and she notices it's from Aretha and tells everyone"Aretha doesn't call me often."Ruth walks into the living room as Bree tells her Great-Uncle"I'd love to hear some more stories about Grandma's mean streak.I wouldn't think she ever had one."Floyd quips"With her life growing up,you had to be tough and it wasn't easy being my the Wife of Brock Jackson Sr.Ruth paid many mistresses a visit."Bree asks"Beth married him and even had a child with him and it's weird that Grandma thinks of Beth as a Daughter."Maria agrees with Bree and Floyd tells them"Beth did the one thing Ruth asks for and that was forgiveness.And Ruth and Beth have always been close."Ruth walks back into the kitchen and Floyd,Bree,and Maria looks at Ruth as she has a look of horror on her face and says slowly"Willie had a massive stroke and they need me."Bree asks her Grandmother"Do you want me to go with you?"Maria and Floyd also volunteers and Ruth tells them"Just pray.I am headed down there now."Ruth walks out and Floyd tells his Daughter and Great-Niece"She was short with words."Bree tells them"Willie Evans and Grandma are practically sisters."Floyd warns them"From the look on her face,it's not good."
   At Allison and Cale's apartment,Cale looks at Jesse and his new Wife,and tells them"I think when we meet again,we need to do it somewhere else.Allison could walk in any minute."Jesse's wife tells Cale"She will just have to deal with it.I am back and I am not going anywhere."Cale looks at her and tells her"You are walking with a target on your back being in town.Didn't you leave town and vow to never return?"Desi laughs"Adam's Landing is home.And Jesse and I plan to stay here and move his team here as well."Jesse is all smiles as Cale tells Jesse"I will be at the next race.But this will be it.Allison will not approve."Desi tells Cale"It's your career Cale and you're not Allison's husband.Who cares what she thinks."Cale yells"I do!And she will not approve at all that you are in her apartment!She lost her career because of your son!"Jesse warns Cale"Don't bring up the past now.Let's look towards the future.And possibly getting Xavier to sponsor you."Cale quips"Once he learns of who you're married to,you can forget that happening."Jesse and Desi leaves and Jesse advises Cale"Don't let your personal feelings stop you from your career.We can do great things."They leave and Cale sits down and asks himself"Did I just see what I think I did?"There's a knock at the door and Cale goes to answer the door to find Frank and Cale tells his Father"I think we have said all we need to say to each other."Frank tells his Son"I'm sorry about everything Cale.I really am."Cale looks at his Father as Frank tells his son"I was too caught up in my career to be a Father.I always hoped you were well and I'd asks Claudia and she'd tell me you were ok and well and like an idiot,I believed her."Cale tells him"Just because Connie is dead means you get a free pass.I don't forgive easily and you broke our bond.You will have to prove to me that you are sincere before I open my doors for you again Frank."Frank looks at his son,and he wipes a tear from his eyes as he takes a deep breath and replies"And I deserve that.Cale.Just know I'm here now and if you need me,I'm here and willing to do anything I have to do to prove that."Cale tells his Father"Just give me time."Frank walks out the door as Cale walks over to the couch and calls Allison and tells her"I got something to tell you.You won't like it."
   At Class,Leigh and Marco sits in Sully's office as she and Allison arrives and Leigh asks them"Did you find out anything?"Sully tells her Mother"Grandma has arrived and she told us to leave.Aunt Ciarra is pacing the floor and nobody's heard a word from Gran.But she took a pistol,and her weed."Marco asks"Tenny Sullivan is a stoner?"Leigh quips"She's full of surprises."Allison looks at Sully as her phone rings and it's her Mother Olivia and she tells her Daughter"Tenny and I are driving to Los Angeles together.We're on the interstate now and I need to get off the phone."Allison hangs up and she tells everyone"Grandma's headed with Mom to L.A.And it's by car."Leigh and Sully tells Allison"That is a scary thought."On the Interstate,in a Black Camaro,Olivia sits in the passenger seat,as Tenny sits behind the wheel and quickly turns the steering wheel,as she's over the speed limit and Olivia asks Tenny with caution"Should you be driving Tenny?You are scaring the hell out of me."Tenny throws her marijuana pouch at Olivia and responds"Fire one up and calm down.I don't let nobody drive my car."Olivia lights a joint and Tenny takes a hand off the wheel and grabs the pouch and Olivia yells"Tenny!"Tenny pulls out a joint as she lights it up and Olivia scolds her"You need to be watching the road!"A tractor-trailer truck driver yells at Tenny"Pay attention you old woman!"Tenny gives him the finger and tells Olivia"People these days.I just don't understand them."Olivia takes a hit and tells Tenny"When we make a stop,I'm driving.You scare me."Tenny sees the welcome sign as they've crossed the state line and tells Olivia"We won't be making any stops around here.Scary people out here."Olivia looks at the gas gauge and tells Tenny"The arrow is close to E."Tenny looks and quips"I didn't know that.What does E stand for?"Olivia rolls her eyes as Tenny follows the Tractor-Trailer and as he pulls off the Interstate,Tenny makes a quick turn and yells"I need to let out some aggression."Olivia mutters to herself"I should have stayed at the airport."
   At Ciarra and Tenny's Penthouse,Beth sits in the living room and Ciarra tells her Niece"The thought of Tennessee driving to California is scary as hell."Beth responds as Olivia has send them a text"Mama scares me when she's just driving down the street.Maybe she will let Olivia drive.It's getting dark and Mama does not need to be driving at night."Ciarra looks at Beth and asks her"If you think Tennessee is about to let go of the driver's seat Beth,then maybe you're losing it.Tennessee won't let nobody drive that Camaro.I won't ride with her.I did that one time,when Xavier was in the hospital and I won't do that again."Beth laughs and reminds her Aunt"You scare me yourself sometimes.Neither of you are young women anymore."Ciarra reminds Beth"Don't tell that to Tennessee.She thinks she's still 40 years old and she is full of surprises."Beth quips,as she pulls a joint out and lights it up"At least we know Olivia's with Mama and she will keep us updated."Ciarra asks Beth"Why are you smoking reefer Beth?"Beth tells her Aunt"I've done this most of my life.Not cigarettes.Just marijuana.With the scenario at City Hospital right now,I need to relax and prepare myself."Ciarra and Precious walks over and Ciarra asks her Niece"What's wrong at City Hospital?"Beth tells Ciarra"Willie Evans had a hemorrhagic stroke today and she's not going to make it.Terrance is the Chief Of Staff of City Hospital and Willie Evans and Ruth grew up together.They are basically sisters.Sidney was a runner for B.R. years ago and died earlier this year."Ciarra grabs Beth's hand and asks her"Does Ruth know about Willie?"Beth tells Ciarra"I haven't told her,but I imagine she knows by now."Ciarra walks over and pulls out a bottle of wine and pours a glass and tells Beth"I think there's going to be some friction soon in the Jackson family."Beth quips"With everything that's going on,I'd imagine so."Ciarra tells Beth"I think more is coming.Burt has been acting weird the last few times I've seen him."Beth takes a deep toke and looks at her Aunt and says"I take it Burt's cheating on Bree.Burt never stayed faithful.I just wonder who's the mistress."Ciarra takes a drink and responds"Me too Beth."
    Meanwhile at Jackson Inc,Xavier stands in Burt's office,as Jared stands next to his Father In Law as Xavier tells Burt and Jared"We need to strategize when it comes to Wallace's.They are going for broke and they have all the things they need to come into Adam's Landing and put us under."Burt tells Xavier"We're going to have be more aggressive on our pricing.Wallace's is cutthroat.Jim's and Foodstar are their models when it comes to the grocery business."Jared tells them"One thing I noticed was they didn't have a meat or a seafood department.It's all pre-packaged.We got them beat in both of those categories."Xavier reminds Jared"That's one of their tactics to beat us.That saves them money and one thing my Papaw taught me was that if you're going to run a Grocery Store,then you have a butcher in there."Burt tells Xavier"Maybe we should consider getting into the Discount game.Go head to head with Wallace's."Xavier tells them bluntly"I run a Grocery Store and as far as I'm concerned,we're still the top Grocer in America.I won't change the golden rules of retail to keep up with Wallace's!What I plan to do is pay that store on the edge of town a visit and walk around."Jared tells Xavier"It's huge and I wasn't impressed."Xavier quips"They were never impressive.Even when they were a traditional Discount Store,they failed to impress.They always slashed prices and hurt industry.Grandma sold Sullivan's to Wallace's years ago and if one person knows how to beat Wallace's.."Burt and Jared respond at the same time"Tenny."Xavier nods and replies"She knows about the Mannings.But she isn't here."Burt tells Xavier"Wallace Manning Sr's son runs the company now and they all own a percentage of Wallace's and they are moving their headquarters to Adam's Landing very soon."Xavier looks at Jared and Burt and tells them"The Mannings won't like their reception either.I can promise that!"Xavier walks out and returns to his office and Burt and Jared discuss strategy and when Xavier  walks inside his office,he turns on the TV and an announcement comes over the screen and Xavier's eyes turn red as he says"Wallace/FJR?Hell no!"
    At Jazz,Candace sits at the bar and has a drink as Keith walks out of his office and sees Candace and asks"So I hear that bitch is dead?"Candace smiles and replies"Yes she is."Keith looks at Candace and tells her"I could be angry at you,but I'm not.I got a proposal for you."Candace looks at Keith and asks"What are you proposing?"Keith tells Candace"I'm leaving town tomorrow to go to L.A. and I need someone to run Jazz."Candace looks at Keith and tells him"I'll be happy to run this place.I love it and I have experience running clubs."Keith quips"I know you do.Just don't turn this place into a whorehouse.I know you've been a Madam."Candace laughs and says"Only for Mommy Dearest.She owed me."Keith tells Candace"I'll talk to Jermaine tonight and be here tomorrow and I'll teach you what you need to know."Candace nods as Keith heads out as Sayyid has called him."Candace has a drink and a man walks inside and orders a drink and Candace looks over and quips"Looks like the rich boy just bought himself a ride.I mean Daddy did."Wally Manning looks at Candace and snaps"And you are sitting in a club and looking like you're in heat."Candace tells Wally"You still have a trust fund.Daddy Manning has the big money.If you're here then he should be here too?"Wally asks"Why would you like to know?"Candace smiles and says"Wallace Manning Jr has a way in the bedroom and it has rewards."Candace tells the bartender"Put my tab on Wally."and Candace walks out and says to herself"I may have it made with Big Daddy Manning here in town."
   Meanwhile,Bree has went to Whispering Hills and Ava greets her Niece with a hug,as does Winston as she walks inside and Ava tells Bree"I just got a text from Aretha.We need to start preparing ourselves.Mama won't take this well.Bree asks her Aunt"What do you know?"Ava tells Bree"Willie had a massive stroke and since Mama is practically family,she's down there right now to help Aretha,Terrance,and Rashad make the hardest decision they've ever had to make.I plan to go down there later."Bree receives a text from Country and asks"What in the hell is this?"Ava gets curious and asks Bree"Is he trying to play Daddy now?"Bree opens the text and sees a picture of Burt and Summer at Jackson Inc and drops the phone.Ava picks it up and looks at her Husband as Bree fumes with anger and Winston looks at the photo and tells Ava"That's my son.Remember that Ava."Bree looks at Ava and Winston with a look of sadness on her face and asks"Am I seeing things?I hope I am delusional."Ava walks over to Bree and tells her"It's real."Ava hugs her Niece,as Winston shakes his head as he warns Ava"Don't get involved!"Ava looks at Winston and looks at Bree as she holds Ava's hand and tells her husband"I already am."Ava consoles Bree as Winston walks into his study and calls Burt.
   At Sassy's house,Latoya,Little Sidney,Summer,and Jermaine are there as Sassy walks in the living room,after calling City Hospital and she tells everyone"Willie is in a coma and the odds are against her."Latoya yells"Rashad has a son that needs him right now!"Sassy looks at Latoya,as Jermaine tells them"Keith is at City Hospital now also.If he's there.."Latoya yells"Rashad Evans needs to be here with me and the son that carries his Grandfather's name!We have a life waiting for us in L.A.!"Sassy snaps at Latoya"You need to chill your ass out!Rashad must feel like his heart has been ripped out of his chest and he does not need you pulling ultimatums on him!"Summer tells Latoya"That is his Grandmother down there and he is her only Grandson.Cut him a break."Latoya defiantly tells everyone"If he is still at the hospital by the time I catch my flight to L.A.,then I guess we're done."Sassy slaps Latoya and yells"You are blowing this out of proportion.And the fame's already starting to get to you.Don't turn into a diva."Latoya looks at her Mother and then at her Son and tells everyone"I have what I want now and I didn't have this kid to raise alone.So Rashad will have to be the decider and he has until tomorrow morning to make that decision!"
   Meanwhile down at City Hospital,Aretha,Terrance,Rashad,Sayyid,Keith,and Ruth stand in the waiting room as Rashad tells his Uncle"Those scans didn't look good.I think we need to do what's right."Aretha yells in a tone of sadness and anger"My Grandson will be all the way in Los Angeles tomorrow,and Mama's in that hospital bed.This is too damn much to bear."Ruth tells them"Willie told me once that if she was ever in this situation to let her go."Terrance looks at everyone as he says to them"She's on life support now and she will not forgive us for this if she wakes up and returns to us."Keith is quiet,as Sayyid holds his son's hand and Aretha holds onto Rashad,as the family looks at Ruth and asks her"What should we do?"Ruth tells them,as she looks at her best friend through the window"Let God decide."Willie's family gather together and Ruth is by their side as Terrance and Rashad tells Aretha and Sayyid"Ruth is right."Aretha cries"I'm not ready Terrance."Sayyid wipes tears from his eyes,as he tells his Niece,as he grabs her"Me either but it's not fair to Willie."Keith walks down the hall and takes a deep breath and Ruth keeps her composure,as she looks at Willie through the window and says in a sad tone"She is one of the toughest people I know.We are the same age,and we've never went a day without talking to each other."Ruth starts to get emotional,and Aretha,Sayyid,Rashad,and Terrance holds each other,and they look up with tears in their eyes as they've come to a decision.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. SO SORRY ABOUT WILLIE ! SHE WAS A GOOD PERSON, CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR SOME OF THE OTHERS BUT JUST DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE THAT DECISION OR NOT ! POOR BREE, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST FOR HER ! SO MUCH DRAMA ! MY, MY, ! LOL

    ReplyDelete