Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 172. Dates And High Hopes

   It's evening time,and at La Trattoria,Floyd sits at the bar as he looks over the menu and looks around and says to the bartender"I'm not used to this kind of place."The bartender tells Floyd"From the looks of things,I take it you're used to bars and honky tonks?"Floyd sees Ciarra and tells the bartender"I will remind myself not to tip you."Ciarra looks at Floyd and he compliments her,saying"You look stunning."Ciarra blushes and tells Floyd"Tennessee was the stunner.I was the ugly duckling."Floyd laughs,as he and Ciarra heads to their table"I'd say the two of you reversed roles."Ciarra laughs as the waiter arrives and Floyd tells him"Do you serve beer?"The waiter looks at Floyd with a puzzled look and Ciarra tells Floyd"In an Italian Restaurant,you order wine."Floyd is quiet and a few tables behind them,Xavier and Leigh are having dinner and they watch Floyd and Ciarra and Xavier calls the waiter over to the table and slips him some money and says"Buy a 6 pack."The waiter looks at Xavier and tells him"That old man doesn't quite fit in with our restaurant."Xavier grabs the waiter's arm and reminds him sternly"That man is my Uncle.And he is B.R. Jackson's twin brother.Show some respect!"The waiter is quiet and walks off as Leigh tells her husband"I take it love is in the air with them,though they don't seem to fit."Xavier tells Leigh"I will see to it they have a great first date and everything goes smoothly for them."Leigh tells Xavier"You're quite the romantic though you don't admit it."Xavier tells her"You told me to take things easy.Now I'm playing cupid."Leigh laughs and quips"We both are."Meanwhile,at Floyd and Ciarra's table,the waiter brings Floyd a 6 pack of beer,as Ciarra has a glass of wine and Floyd looks at him and says"I thought you didn't serve beer?"The waiter responds"Mr.Jackson bought this."Floyd stands up and sees Xavier and Leigh and tells Ciarra"We got some admirers."Ciarra ducks and tells Floyd"I hope it isn't Tennessee."Floyd assures her"It's Xavier and Leigh.They are watching us."Ciarra turns around and smiles as they watch on and Floyd tells Ciarra"I'm honored to be here with you tonight."Ciarra says softly"It's much better than staying at home."
   At Jazz,Beth sits at the bar and has a drink as she prepares to head back to Hell Hill after her confrontation with Frank,and sees Keith and Sayyid walk inside,along with Willie,Aretha,and Terrance and Beth asks"Is this supposed to be a private occasion?"Keith looks at Beth and tells her"If it wasn't for you,there would be no Jazz.Your tab is on the house."Terrance sits next to Beth,as Keith walks over to hug his Aunt,as Willie tells Keith"You look like your Father,but skinny."Keith laughs"I have a high metabolism."Aretha laughs"With your track record,I'm not surprised you've stayed so skinny."Willie tells her daughter"I have no interest in hearing about my nephew's groupies!"Sayyid agrees with Willie and Sassy arrives with Rashad and Latoya and Sassy tells everyone"Jermaine is on his way."Keith tells them with excitement"Perfect!I think his surprise party will be great!"Meanwhile back at the bar,Terrance asks Beth"I take it you had it out with Frank?"Beth rolls her eyes and tells Terrance"He is such a hypocrite.He wants to judge me and make me out to be the bad guy,when he's the one that's been keeping secrets for all these years."Terrance advises his boss"Don't let it get the best of you.I know that you don't go out without a fight."Beth tells Terrance"I blacked his eye and slapped him."Terrance quips"That's the Beth I know.He deserved it."Beth takes a drink and tells Terrance"Damn straight he deserved it!That bastard."Meanwhile the lights go out as Jermaine walks in and everyone yells"SURPRISE!" as Jermaine sees everyone inside and Beth asks Terrance"What's going on?"Terrance tells her"Keith is throwing Jermaine a survival party.I think we all can relate."Latoya walks over to Beth and tells her"Dr.Jackson,you saved my Dad,and you come over and sit with us."Beth is skeptical and tells Latoya"I don't think I should."Sassy tells Beth"Get over here.This is a celebration about survival and we all have survived many things,and came out strong."Beth shrugs and sighs"Oh what the hell."and joins everyone as Keith walks up on the stage and tells everyone"I felt bad almost killing my closest friend and I know he's not back to himself and while he's down,I'm going to sing his only hit."Jermaine yells"No the hell you won't!"Keith looks at Jermaine and tells him"You can walk.Get up here then."Jermaine tells Keith"Sing your own stuff!"Keith sighs and tells everyone"Ok since Jermaine won't come up here,I will sing a song from Smokey that's been playing in my head since coming to Adam's Landing.It's called Daylight And Darkness."The song starts and Willie,Sayyid,Beth,Aretha,Terrance,Sassy,and Jermaine sits back as Keith sings and Rashad and Latoya dances together as the lights are dimmed and Beth sits back and watches Keith and tells Sassy"Keith's still got it.He can still sing his way into my soul."Beth watches on,as Jermaine asks Sassy"May I have this dance?"Sassy reminds Jermaine"You're still weak.I think we'll just listen to Keith."Jermaine agrees and grabs Sassy's hand as everyone watches Keith croon on stage and Willie whispers to Sayyid"He looks too skinny."Sayyid looks at his sister and whispers"I think so too."
   Meanwhile at Hell Hill,Ruth arrives,with her suitcase and Maria walks down the stairs and Ruth yells"Maria?"Maria sees Ruth and they embrace in a hug as Ruth looks at Maria and quips"Last time I saw you,you were a little girl."Maria laughs"You haven't changed a bit.Pop has always spoke fondly of you."Ruth smiles and tells Maria"Your Pop is a great man.I have always thought the world of Floyd.He was my favorite of B.R.'s siblings."Maria notices Ruth's suitcase and asks her"Where are you going?"Ruth tells Maria"I am moving in.I can't stay with Frank anymore after today.He needs to learn some things and the only person that can help him is himself."Xavier and Leigh meanwhile return home and Ruth sees them and Ruth hugs Xavier and Leigh and asks them"May I stay here?"Xavier asks his Grandmother"Why aren't you back at The Farm?"Ruth tells them"Frank isn't taking the news well about Beth and your Father being married well and I'm not taking the news well that he knew all these years about Cale being his son."Xavier is stunned,as is Leigh and Ruth explains what she knows to them and Xavier tells her"It's on him.I gave up years ago worrying about him and Claudia the whore."Ruth quips"Claudia was a whore.I hated that bitch."Xavier sighs and hugs her and says"You're not the only one Grandma.You make yourself at home."Ruth tells Xavier,Leigh,and Maria"I'm going upstairs and catch up with my two great-grand babies."Ruth heads upstairs and Maria asks Xavier and Leigh"So how is Pop and Ms.Sullivan's date going so far?"Xavier smiles and says"She's teaching him table manners in an upscale restaurant at the moment.I bought him a 6 pack to make him comfortable."Maria laughs and tells them"He never has been one for fancy dining.When I was young,we would do fast food and diners.La Trattoria is new to him."Xavier tells his cousin"It's the place of romance."Xavier and Leigh heads upstairs,as Maria follows and walks into the nursery and sees Ruth holding Gracie and Xavier Jr and Maria smiles,as Ruth tells her"Now that I'm here,you need to get out more.I am going to devote myself to these two."Xavier and Leigh walk inside and they,along with Maria watch on with smiles,as Ruth holds Gracie and Xavier Jr,with a smile on her face as she says to them"You Granny's here.I'm about to spoil both of you to the point of no return."
   As for Jared and Sully,they return home from dinner at Chantel's and Sully smells a strange odor coming out of Ciarra and Tenny's penthouse and Jared tells his wife"Somebody's getting high."Sully looks at Jared and quips"Wow.You can tell huh?"Sully takes out a key and walks inside Ciarra and Tenny's penthouse and Tenny yells in a paranoid tone"Get out of here.I have an attack dog!"Sully looks on the kitchen table and notices Marijuana and looks at her Great-Grandmother in shock and asks her"When did you decide to become a stoner Gran?"Tenny looks at Sully and hugs her and says in a stoned tone"I feel so much better than I have for years.I like this."Sully quips"Apparently so.Does Grandma know about this?"Tenny grabs Sully's wrist and tells her in a paranoid state"Beth doesn't need to know I am high!If you tell her,I will..will.."Sully looks at her and says"Don't worry,I'll stay quiet.I have no problems with weed."Tenny looks at Sully and quips"Ciarra calls it reefer.You call it weed.Beth and Allan called it grass.I call it a miracle.I love everybody right now!"Sully picks up the phone and says with a mischievous look"I'm calling Frank and Grandma Ruth and invite them to your love fest."Tenny says with a sigh"Not everyone Sully.Just put down the phone and go across the hall and let me enjoy myself.Go make love to Jared and give me a great-great grandchild.If it's a girl,name her Tennessee."Sully rolls her eyes as she walks out and Tenny asks Sully"Order me a pizza sweetie."Sully nods and heads across the hall and Jared looks at Sully as she calls a pizza restaurant called Little Italy and looks at her husband and tells him"I've seen it all,Gran's smoking weed and she's got the munchies."Jared is shocked and asks"Your Great-Grandmother is high!I've heard it all now."Sully orders a pizza for Tenny and they listen as Tenny plays Allan's music on full blast and Jared looks at his wife and asks her"I think she's zoned out."Sully nods and takes Jared's hand and tells him"Let's lock the doors and go to bed.I got the earplugs ready."Jared and Sully head to the bedroom,as they call it a night.
   Meanwhile at Jazz,the party's going strong and Latoya sings to everyone as Beth notices a few missed calls from Tenny and tells everyone"I'm going home and call it a night."Beth tells Jermaine"Remember to take it easy.It will be just a short time before you will be back at 100%."Jermaine nods and Sassy tells Beth"I'll keep an eye on him."Meanwhile Sassy,Rashad,and Jermaine listens to Latoya,as well as Keith and Willie,Sayyid follow Beth to the door,as Aretha calls her brother to the VIP room and Aretha asks her brother,as Willie and Sayyid asks Beth"Do you notice anything different with Keith?"Beth tells Willie and Sayyid"He is skinny.I have followed his career and I can't notice anything really."In the VIP room,Terrance looks at his sister and tells her"I know that look.Something isn't right with Keith.I think his days of messing around may be catching up to him."Aretha tells him"I know he's never been heavy,but he is too skinny and he looks like.."Terrance asks"He has a STD?"Aretha nods and Terrance tells Aretha"Knowing our cousin,it could be a possibility.I will look into it tomorrow and talk to Beth about it.Let's enjoy the show."Aretha and Terrance walks out of the VIP room and Terrance sits down and listens to Latoya,and Aretha walks up to her Mother and Uncle and asks"What did Beth tell you?"Willie responds"She didn't notice anything off.But she did admit she has every album he's made."Sayyid tells them"Keith has done well though I don't like how he got to where he is,but I think things will change now that Xavier's helping him get his career back on track."Willie asks her daughter"What did Terrance tell you?"Aretha looks at them and says"Terrance is going to check his medical records tomorrow.He thinks he may have a STD."Willie and Sayyid are scared and Aretha tells them gently"Don't jump to conclusions until we know for sure."Sayyid looks at his son,as he watches Latoya sing and he tells Aretha and Willie"We've just started to reconnect.I pray to Allah he isn't sick."Willie hugs her brother and tells him"Let's just listen to Aretha Clem.It may be nothing."Sayyid tells them"I hope so.I really hope so."
   Meanwhile,at Hell Hill,Floyd and Ciarra sits on the lover's rock,as Floyd tells Ciarra"I don't do the fancy dining thing.I'd prefer this over being in some uppity high class restaurant any day."Ciarra tells Floyd"I've never been here before.It's quiet and peaceful though."Floyd holds on to Ciarra and tells her"Watching this creek and sitting here brings back so many memories for me.Brock and I grew up on this estate and underneath this rock was where we made our moonshine and ran it all across the state."Ciarra tells Floyd"I've heard that was how the Jackson family became prominent."Floyd tells her"My Daddy,Brock,and Joe kept Adam's Landing from going under and Brock and Joe stayed here in Adam's Landing while I went and traveled.I never was a suit and tie type."Ciarra listens on as Floyd tells her about his family's history and he tells Ciarra"I'm the last Jackson left.Joe died years ago and it's hard to believe Brock is gone,but I'm glad Xavier is here and he's done a great job keeping Brock's legacy intact."Ciarra tells him"Xavier is one of a kind.He ran Jim's after J.D. and Jacob retired and he's done so much.He owns malls and shopping centers and he's one of the most powerful men in the country."Floyd smiles as he tells Ciarra"He took after Brock and I think he's got a bit of all of us in him.You need to take some credit yourself since you ran Sullivan's and Emery's."Ciarra tells Floyd in a shy tone"It's impolite to brag Floyd."Floyd looks into Ciarra's eyes and tells her"You've earned it.At our age,we can brag and lie all we want.It's one of the advantages of growing older."Ciarra puts her head on Floyd's shoulder and holds his hand as they watch the creek flow,underneath the stars as they look at each other with stars in their eyes and they kiss,as they are falling for each other.

1 comment:

  1. THINGS SEEM TO BE SLOWING DOWN A BIT IN ADAMS LANDING ! SEEMS LIKE LOVE IS IN HE AIR AND HELL HILL SEEMS TO BE MELLOWING OUT A LITTLE BIT !

    ReplyDelete