Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 162. A Familiar Stranger

  At Hell Hill,Latoya looks at the man standing at the doorway and she is speechless and freaked out and the man asks her"Where's your boss?"Latoya looks at the man and tells him"Mr.Jackson is currently in the hospital.He had an AVM rupture in his stomach."The man asks Latoya"I take it he's moved on too?",as he notices the baby bottles in the floor."Latoya isn't sure what to say as the man tips his cowboy hat and walks out of the house and gets into his pickup truck,as he drives to City Hospital.Rashad meanwhile comes downstairs as he sees Latoya standing in the living room and comments"You look like you've seen a ghost?"Latoya tells Rashad"I have no idea.There was a cowboy standing in the living room and he looked just like B.R. Jackson."Rashad gives his girlfriend a strange look,as he tells her"B.R. is dead."They head to the kitchen together as she washes Gracie and Xavier Jr's bottles and fills them with milk as they go back upstairs to the nursery.
  Meanwhile at Chantel's,Ruth arrives and Davis sits at a table with Olivia as he gets up to greet Ruth and they exchange a hug,as Ruth's known Davis Lane for many years.Olivia asks Ruth"So you're moving full time to Adam's Landing?"Ruth looks at Olivia and says with a laugh"I am."Ruth gives Davis the deed to her condo as they make a deal and Olivia looks at her Father and asks him"Are you sure you really want to move to Southpoint Beach?With Desi gone and her family,I'd really wish you would stay here."Ruth's nose itches again and she tells Davis"I'm headed to The Farm now.You two need some time together alone."Davis tells Ruth"You haven't changed at all Ruth Jackson."Ruth tells Davis"I hate it about what happened to you and Virginia.Beth always said Desi was selfish and I never wanted to believe it,but turns out she was right."Davis and Ruth hugs as Ruth heads home,and Davis looks at his daughter and tells her"I got a plane ticket to leave town tonight.My days are over here in Adam's Landing."Olivia looks at him and says tearfully"I certainly understand why you want to leave town Daddy,but I was hoping you'd live with Allan and me."Davis tells Olivia"You are a strong lady and I would like to spend my twilight years sitting on the oceanfront.Just remember you have a place to come to if things get too crazy here or if your sister ever pops up again."Olivia and Davis hugs as he tells his Daughter"It's time for me to go to my new home."Olivia asks"Would you like for me to drive you to the airport?"Davis responds"After spending all those years in that nursing home,I think I would like to take care of myself."Davis grabs his luggage and turns and looks at Olivia,as he gets into his taxi to head to Adam's Landing International Airport,and tells her"I'm proud of you.Thank you for setting me free.I love you."Olivia watches on as the taxi drives away and starts to cry,as she says to herself"Damn you Desi."Olivia heads out and calls Allan,but doesn't get an answer,and she heads to visit Allison at her apartment.
   At City Hospital,Beth sits in her office,as she is disgusted over what Tenny has found and she looks at a picture of B.R. and says to him"My Mama never did like your family.I just don't understand her.She's really gotten honery in her old age."Outside the hall,the man that was just at Hell Hill hears Beth's voice,and walks into her office and takes off his cowboy hat and looks at Beth and says"Time has paused and you are still just as beautiful as ever."Beth is stunned as she looks up and yells"Floyd!What are you doing here?"Beth and Floyd hugs as Floyd asks Beth"I see Brock didn't move to Blue Ridge and the two of you have a nanny now."Beth looks at Floyd and tells him"Your brother never made the move to Blue Ridge.He was murdered about a year ago by Junior."Floyd Jackson is B.R.'s twin brother and Floyd looks at Beth and asks her"Junior killed Brock?"Beth looks at Floyd and says sadly"Yes he did and Xavier knows now about B.R. being his Father and my Mama knows about B.R. and I getting married shortly before his death."Floyd takes out a tissue and wipes his eyes as he starts to cry and tells Beth"I've felt like something has been wrong for some time.My heart has hurt and now I know the reason.I am glad to know he had you and Xavier in his last few years.I am disappointed though how his kids shunned him."Beth tells Floyd"I know the feeling but Ruth's in town and Ava has returned."Floyd's eyes widen as he asks"Ruth moved back to town?I'd never thought that would have happened."Beth tells him"She did and she doesn't know about B.R. and I exchanging vows nor does Xavier."Floyd shakes his head and reminds Beth"If I remember correctly,your son takes after my brother."Beth sighs"He does and B.R. was ready to tell him the truth,but Junior took away the chance."Floyd shakes his head in disgust and changes subjects and asks Beth"So how is Xavier?I heard from the nanny that he's in here?"Beth tells Floyd"Let's go visit him.He would love this."Floyd smiles and tells Beth"I have a lot to catch up on."Beth quips"Ever heard of phones or Internet?"Floyd stops and looks at Beth and says"I quit keeping up with modern technology when I sold my Construction business.All I do now is raise my horses out at my ranch."Beth laughs as they head to Xavier's room.
   Meanwhile at Jazz,Allan is inside as he and Keith talk about the music business and Jermaine returns and looks at Keith and Allan quips at Jermaine"Looks like you've been shaken up a bit?"Jermaine rolls his eyes and tells Keith and Allan"I met Latoya Shane today.Turns out she's my daughter."Keith laughs"Now you have to deal with his wrath."Jermaine tells Keith"Latoya doesn't want anything to do with me.I think it may be best."Allan tells Jermaine"I found my daughter recently and it wasn't easy at the beginning,but in time we have formed a relationship.It's tough,but you have to make the effort.You have to prove to her you want to be there for her."Keith looks at Allan and laughs"You got a daughter too?Damn you must have got around as much as we did back in the day."Allan tells them"The business can build you and destroy you.That's why I disappeared.I couldn't deal with it anymore.But I am ready to make my comeback."Keith tells Allan"I haven't heard from Rich yet.He seems to have disappeared."Allan tells Keith and Jermaine"I called him the other day and didn't get in touch with him."Keith tells Allan"After you left the game,he went solo and had success for many years.He was a real sellout."Jermaine is silent and Keith yells at Jermaine"Stop worrying about Latoya!She don't want you around,then don't worry about it!Think about all the cash we're about to make!"Jermaine yells at Keith"I have a conscience Keith!Allan is right and I need to be there for her!Your Father's right.I owe her and I intend to make up for not being there."Jermaine leaves and Allan checks his phone and sees a missed call from Olivia and tells Keith"I'm headed back home.When are you planning to have the grand opening?"Keith tell him"Tomorrow night.I'm going to see what's up with Rich because something doesn't add up."Allan looks at Keith and tells him"I was successful before Rich,and I can be successful without Rich.We're going to be the new hot spot in Adam's Landing after tomorrow!"Allan heads out and Keith shakes his head and says to himself"Allan James has settled down,wow."He them makes a phone call and tells them"I want you to come down here.I need some information."
  At The Farm,Ruth returns and finds Frank,Bree,and Summer sitting in the living room as Ruth asks"Has any of you heard from Floyd yet?"Frank looks at his Mother and laughs"You're nose is still itching isn't it?"Ruth tells them"Every time it does,Floyd comes to town and I haven't seen him for over 20 years."Frank tells his Mother"Uncle Floyd didn't come to town when Daddy passed away and I didn't know how to get in touch with him.Daddy was the only one who had his number and we know how Uncle Floyd is."Bree and Summer are curious and asks Ruth and Frank"Isn't Uncle Floyd Grandpa's twin brother?"Frank tells them"He is.He and I were similar.We made it on our own and he was an innovator in the construction business.He worked on the interstates and he and Daddy did some work together as well.He would come around often until he retired and closed himself off from the world."Ruth sighs and says"He never got over Helen.Last time I heard from him,he was out west,living on a huge horse ranch."Frank sighs and tells them"I have been so tempted to look for him but I haven't known where to start.Daddy and I never did speak much and he was the only one who knew where Uncle Floyd was."Ruth tells her family"He is going to be upset when he finds out about B.R.."Meanwhile Bree asks everyone"Who'd like to go to dinner at The Sunset Club?Jackson Inc acquired Emery's today and Ava and Winston are throwing a celebratory dinner."Summer tells her sister"I think I'd just like to stay here.I'm not ready to go out yet."Ruth and Frank also turns down Bree's offer as they tell her"We're going to sit this one out.With Floyd being in town,and with what's happened to Summer,we just want to be with her."Summer tells her Grandmother and Uncle"The two of you don't have to stay here on my account."Ruth tells Summer"I don't want you to be alone right now sweetie."Frank tells Bree"You go and enjoy yourself.This will make Xavier feel better about the Emery's acquisition and I would just like to take it easy a bit.It's not often this time of year there isn't a race."Bree understands and hugs her family and heads to her room to get dressed.
   Back at City Hospital,Leigh,Sully and Jared are in Xavier's room as he is growing restless sitting in his hospital bed and tells them"I am ready to go home!"Leigh tells her husband"You're going nowhere X until the doctor tells you that you can go home!"Xavier quips"If Mother is correct,that will be tomorrow!"Beth walks in Xavier's room with a smile and tells everyone"Somebody's here to see you son."Xavier looks at his Mother with suspicion as Floyd walks into Xavier's room and Xavier sees his Uncle and goes"Uncle Floyd?What are you doing back in Adam's Landing?"Floyd walks over and shakes Xavier's hand and looks at Leigh and tips his hat and tells her"I remember seeing your pictures in the modeling magazines.And you are still alive?"Beth tells them"I've filled him in on everything that has happened."Floyd walks over to Sully and tells his Great-Niece"You look just like your Mama.I hear you have inherited that Jackson work ethic as well?"Leigh laughs"Your nephew took after his Father and Sully took after her Daddy.It's a hard job keeping up with them."Floyd laughs as he looks at Jared and tells him"You have your hands full with her.Especially if she takes after Xavier."All of them laughs for a moment as Floyd asks Xavier"So I hear you're in charge of the family company now?"Xavier tells him"I am.But since I'm recovering,Ava and Burt Corbin are running things until I return."Floyd looks at Xavier and tells him"I am comforted knowing that you are in charge of Brock's estate.You have done him proud and it makes me proud as well."Xavier humbly tells him"That means a lot to come from you."Floyd tells Xavier"I'm glad to know Ava has gotten back to herself and that she's in town."Xavier asks Floyd"So when are you going to visit Grandma and Frank?"Floyd looks down and tells everyone"That's my next stop when I leave here.Since she's here,I don't want her to scratch her nose off."Everyone laughs and Floyd tells Leigh,Sully,and Jared"It's my honor to meet all of you and you take good care of Xavier."All of them assure him"Somebody has to."Floyd tips his hat and walks out as Beth follows him and outside Xavier's room,Floyd asks Beth"So when will you tell him about your marriage to my brother?He needs to know."Beth tells Floyd"I will when he gets better.He's already been through so much.Just don't tell Ruth or Frank.Let's leave that in the past."Floyd tells Beth"I think that's wise,but tell your son."Beth tells Floyd"After you visit Ruth and Frank,you can stay at Hell Hill and make yourself at home.I'll cook you dinner if Ruth doesn't."Floyd tells Beth"I will be back at Brock's estate tonight."Floyd leaves and Ciarra walks down the hall towards Xavier's room,as she bumps into Floyd and Ciarra looks up as Floyd stares at her and says to her"Pardon me."Ciarra looks at him and sees Beth and asks her"He looks familiar.Beth tells her Aunt"That's B.R.'s twin brother Floyd."Meanwhile,Floyd looks at Ciarra and has stars in his eyes and says to himself"I think I may stay here in town for awhile."
   Meanwhile,Allan arrives at Allison's apartment and finds Olivia there with Allison ans Cale and Olivia asks Allan"Where have you been today?"Allan tells Olivia"I've been down at Jazz with Keith and Jermaine.They're planning to open tomorrow night."Olivia asks Allan"Have you gotten in touch with Rich yet about reuniting the band?"Allan shakes his head and tells her"I haven't heard anything from him."Olivia hugs Allan and tells him"Daddy left town.I just called the airport and his flight has taken off."Allison tells her Mother"It isn't like he's moving to another country he's only in Southpoint Beach."Olivia sighs and tells her daughter"I know Ally,but Desi took him away from his family and I just hope wherever she is,she stays there."Cale quips"I doubt we'll ever see her again!"Olivia looks at them and says"She'd be really stupid to try to come back to town after all she and her family has done.I just hate her!"Allan holds Olivia as she is emotional and tells Allan"I feel so bad for my Daddy after all he's endured due to her selfishness."Allan assures Olivia"She's gone now.Don't worry about her."Allison and Cale agree and Olivia tells them"I'll try,but if she shows up in Adam's Landing again,I'll kill her!"Allan tells Olivia"I think you need to relax.Let's go home."Olivia and Allan leaves,and Cale looks at Allison and asks"Want to start where we left off earlier?"Allison and Cale head to the bedroom and begin to make love.
   At Hell Hill,Sassy has returned and Sayyid greets her at the door and Sassy asks him"How's Latoya?"Sayyid tells her"She's holding up well.There was a visitor earlier that spooked her.But otherwise she's ok."Sassy heads upstairs to the nursery as Latoya and Rashad holds Gracie and Xavier Jr and Latoya sings to the babies and Sassy tells her daughter"I love to hear your voice.The voice of an angel."Latoya tells her Mother"It keeps them quiet and my little one quiet as well."Sassy smiles as she tells Sayyid and Rashad"My little girl is growing up into a fine young woman."Rashad sighs and looks at Latoya and says with love in his eyes"She's very strong.I am surprised she took everything as well as she did."Meanwhile,Jermaine stands at the door at Hell Hill and thinks back to what Sayyid told him earlier and says to himself"He's right.I do owe them."At Jazz,Keith sits in his office,as he reads some papers and Aretha walks into his office and asks her cousin"What do you want?"Keith asks Aretha"What do you know about Rich Carroll?"

1 comment:

  1. VERY GOOD EIPISODE ! THINGS SEEM TO BE CALMING DOWN FOR A CHANGE , EVERONE NEEDS A BREAK FROM ALL THE DRAMA ! JUST PRAY THAT TENNY STAYS PUT FOR A WHILE !! LOL

    ReplyDelete