Friday, June 7, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 160. The Next Phase

   It's the next morning and at Hell Hill,Leigh heads downstairs,as Latoya has arrived and tells her"I'm going down to the hospital and see Xavier.I'm glad everything went well for you last night."Latoya tells Leigh"I was nervous about telling Rashad and I's family about our new arrival,but everything went well."Leigh hugs Latoya and tells her"Watching Gracie and Little X will give you lots of practice on babies and you'll be a great mother."Leigh hugs Latoya as she heads out and Sayyid walks into the living room and sees Latoya and she asks him"Were you serious about helping me meet my father?"Sayyid nods and Latoya tells him"I want Jermaine Watts to get his due for leaving Mom and I high and dry."Sayyid looks at Latoya and tells her"I had also thought that you were Keith's daughter,but since you're not and your carrying my great-nephew's kid,I will help you.He has a responsibility he's neglected and it's time he owes up for it."Latoya pumps her fist and tells Sayyid"Damn right!I want to tell that son of a bitch all about my struggles growing up without a Father and he won't run away from me."Sayyid assures Latoya"I'll make sure he doesn't Latoya."Sayyid tells her"I know where he's at and I'm going to visit him.I'll let you know when it's time."Latoya hugs Sayyid and he walks out.Latoya heads upstairs to check on Gracie and Xavier Jr,and in the kitchen,Tenny arrives and says to herself"I'm about to find out the truth.She notices the house is quiet and heads to Xavier's study.
   At City Hospital,Xavier awakens in his room and finds Sully by his side and he looks at his daughter and says"My Princess.I thought you'd sleep in today?"Sully tells her Father"I was more worried about you.I barely slept last night and that damn dog across the hall wouldn't stop barking."Xavier laughs and asks"Where's Jared?"Sully tells him"He went down to Jackson Inc.Ava's arranged a meeting this morning and life's going back to normal."Xavier looks at his daughter and lovingly reminds her"I hope you're not rushing your recovery from your Heart Transplant.Take it easy for awhile."Sully tells him with a laugh"I'm a workaholic just like you and don't judge me!"Xavier holds Sully's hand and looks at her and says"I think you will no worries now Princess.Class is doing great and you and your Mom will do an excellent job."Sully mentions to him"I got a phone call this morning from a man that's going to come in to help out with things."Xavier is curious and asks Sully"Who is he?"Sully tells her Father"He said he was Mom's agent years ago.Aunt Ava called him and told him to come to town."Xavier is quiet and tells his daughter"He'll be a huge asset to Class.He's heavy into fashion and very cutting edge."Meanwhile Beth walks into Xavier's room and sees Sully there and asks them"I hear the two of you discussing work again?"Xavier rolls his eyes and tells his Mother"Sully's easing her way back into the working world.We've discussed that."Sully looks at her Grandmother and assures her"I'm not rushing myself Grandma!Don't panic over my decision."Beth pulls out her tablet and tells them with a smile"I don't think none of you have anything to worry about now."Sully reads The Exposer as does Xavier and both of them are stunned as Xavier asks his Mother"Did you blackmail Desi?"Beth laughs and says"I think she grew some brains and realized nobody wanted her here.Good riddance!"Everyone laughs as Leigh walks into the room and walks over to her husband as they kiss and Leigh tells her husband"I'm glad to see you're getting back to yourself again."Beth checks Xavier's blood count and tells Leigh and Sully"He's improving quickly.It's close to normal."Xavier tells his family"I'm ready to go home now that I'm better."Beth tells her son"You're not out of the woods yet!You will be here for a few more days and then you can go home!"Xavier rolls his eyes and says in a sarcastic tone"Whatever you say Dr.Jackson."Beth shakes his head and tells her son"Sometimes you remind me of B.R. so much it's scary.He was the same way you are.When he had his bypass,as soon as he woke up,he was ready to go home until I had to talk him out of it."Leigh looks at Xavier and says"From what I've heard,B.R. and X were both workaholics.I think it's work withdrawal."Beth laughs and says"Yes it is.That runs on both sides of the family."Leigh meanwhile gets a phone call and she answers it and tells them"Can I reschedule the meeting?"Xavier nudges at his wife and tells her"Go do it Leigh."Leigh looks at her husband curiously and tells them"Ok I'm on my way."Leigh hugs Xavier and Sully and warns them"Don't be planning anything while I'm gone."Xavier grins as does Sully and Leigh smiles as Beth assures her daughter in law"I'm here.They won't be planning anything."Leigh leaves and Beth tells Xavier and Sully"I got some errands to run.You two behave yourselves."Beth leaves and Xavier jokingly asks Sully"Want to help me escape?'Sully shakes her head and tells her Father"NO!"Xavier says in with a laugh"Damn."
   Meanwhile at Jackson Inc,Burt,Ava,Bree,and Jared are in Xavier's office as Ava tells them"Since Xavier is recovering and I'm going to be leading the ship with Burt,I want to discuss something that's been brought to my attention.A major Department Store in Blue Ridge is up for sale and it could make us tons of money and benefit Jackson Inc,as well as Class."Burt tells them"Ciarra mentioned to Bree and I the other day and she worked for Emery's years ago.She knows the company inside and out."Ava tells him"She does.She mentioned it to me at the hospital the other day and after what I've heard about Blue Ridge,if Emery's closes,it could destroy the town.People will lose jobs and an institution will be gone forever unless we act fast."Bree tells them"What will Xavier think about this?"Jared chimes in and says"Some of the malls Jackson Inc owns are anchored by Emery's,and the Northbrook project has Emery's on the anchor list as well.If Xavier was here,he would be for it."Ava agrees as does Burt and Bree tells all of them"Remember that I am a rookie at all of this and this is new for me."Ava tells her niece"I know it is.I plan to run Emery's once we gain control of the chain and take it private."Ciarra walks into the office as she hears Ava and tells her"If the deal goes through,I plan to play a part in it as well.Emery's was on top when I was leading the company."Ava looks at Ciarra and asks her"I thought you were going to stay on with Sully and Leigh at Class?"Ciarra tells them"I think with what's in store,and what was reported this morning,we have nothing to fear now.Class is safe and Sully and Leigh will be able to run the company on their own."Ava agrees and adds"I think the new addition will help as well."Burt tells Ava"Did you read The Exposer this morning?"Ava sighs"I haven't.Winston and I did something we haven't done in awhile and it was great."Burt quips"Sex is always great."Bree and Burt looks at each other as Ciarra tells them"I don't care to hear about everyone's sex lives.I'm here for business."Ava agrees and they discuss the plans for Emery's acquisition.
    At Ava's Mansion,Burt meets with his banker as he gets his deed to his island in the tropics and tells him"Thank you for bringing this to me.I plan to give this to Xavier."The banker rolls his eyes and asks Winston"Are you crazy?With the money he has,you can make millions from selling it to him!"Winston tells his banker"I am not who I used to be.Xavier has been good to me and he is my friend.This is my gift to him for watching after my grandson,and taking care of Foodstar."The banker tells Winston"You've grown soft."Winston tells him"Go to hell sometime and then come back and tell me it wouldn't affect you.I am out of the business games and Hale Corp is all I need and my Ava."The banker tells Winston"I think there's something you should know Winston,Emery's is on the market.It would generate billions."Winston asks in shock"Emery's of Blue Ridge?"The banker nods and tells him"They are closing their doors if they don't find a buyer."Winston is quiet and asks"How much is it up for?"The banker tells him the price and Winston is quiet for a moment,as he doesn't know about Jackson Inc's interest in the company and tells the banker"I think I want to buy it.Let's make a deal happen and see what happens."The banker makes the phone call and tells Winston"You're going to have some competition.Someone else is also making an offer."Winston asks"Who is it?"The banker tells him"He wouldn't tell me.It's going to be a bidding war."Winston tells his banker"I am willing to do it.It'd be a perfect wedding gift for Ava."The banker makes the call and tells the owner of Emery's"We double the asking price."Winston sits back as the bidding war has begun.
   Meanwhile back at Hell Hill,Tenny is inside Xavier's study and goes through his desk,as she says to herself"I know how Xavier sticks to tradition.If there's anything about the nightmare of old man Jackson being my son in law,then I'll find it here."Tenny finds a folder and as she pulls the folder out of Xavier's desk, the wall behind her opens and Tenny walks inside and is in awe at what she sees.She sees a stockpile of moonshine and gold bars and Tenny says to herself in shock"Wow!I feel like I'm touring the pyramids!"She looks around and comes across something and she opens the book up to find a piece of paper inside the book and Tenny reads it and says to herself"I don't believe this.I do not believe this!"She also finds a photo and she looks at it,as she lights a cigarette and shakes her head in disbelief.Tenny walks out of the vault and takes the piece of paper and photo with her,as she sneaks out of Hell Hill the same way she came in.She gets into her car and says to herself"I'm about to get some answers for this!"
   At Jazz,Keith and Jermaine sits at the bar,taking some shots as they discuss their grand opening and Sassy walks inside and yells"I notice the two of you never change do you?"Keith and Jermaine sits back with a smirk and laughs"Sassy Shane!Are you still working at that diner...oops I forgot it was closed.Want a job?"Sassy looks at them with anger and tells them"I'm here because we got to discuss something."Keith tells Sassy dismissively"We don't have a damn thing to discuss with you.You got what every fan got and I would think you'd enjoyed it?"Sassy tells them"I had a daughter 9 months later also!Did any of you know about that!"Keith laughs"You are a waitress Sassy,that kid could be anybody's kid.You're only wanting my money."Sassy is insulted and slaps Keith and Keith yells at Sassy"No white woman ain't gonna slap me."Sassy tells both Keith and Jermaine"The two of you are disgusting people!It's a shame that one of you are my Daughter's Father!"Keith and Jermaine looks at each other and looks at Sassy and quips"You're looking at the wrong folks girl.Get lost!"Sassy pulls out the DNA test and shows it to them and yells"I thought for years Latoya belonged to Keith and since she dates Rashad Evans.."Keith stops Sassy and asks"Rashad.Aretha's son Rashad?"Sassy says"Oh yes!And they are expecting."Keith grows silent and Sassy tells him"Don't worry you son of a bitch,she doesn't belong to you.Jermaine is Latoya's Father!"Jermaine is stunned and Sayyid walks inside and sees Sassy and Keith asks his Father"I would think you'd be honored.Sassy was our trophy.Sang her right into bed!"Sayyid looks at Keith with disgust and looks at Jermaine and tells him"You're coming with me!"Jermaine tells Sayyid"I'm going nowhere with you."Sassy and Sayyid tells Jermaine"You're going to meet your daughter!"Jermaine tells them"I am?"Sayyid walks over and grabs Jermaine by the shirt and tells him with red in his eyes"Don't be a coward!Be a man instead of a boy!"Sayyid drags Jermaine out of Jazz,as Sassy follows him and Keith tells Sassy on the way out in a flirting tone"You're still bangin Sassy.Hit me up."Sassy looks at Keith and snaps"Go to Hell!"
   Meanwhile at Class,Leigh arrives and the receptionist asks Leigh"How's Ms.Hale doing?"Leigh tells her"My daughter is growing stronger and she'll be back real soon."The receptionist smiles and says"I'm glad we won't have to worry about Desi coming around here anymore.Never could stand the bitch."Leigh laughs and says"That one's an under-statement."Leigh walks into Sully's office and she notices a man looking out of the window and he's quiet and Leigh looks at him as his back is turned to her and she asks him"Who are you?"The man turns around and Leigh's eyes widen as she is in shock to see who it is and he says to Leigh with tears in his eyes"You're still alive after all these years.I can't believe it."Leigh looks at him and says"I am shocked you'd even come to Adam's Landing."They hug each other as the man is Marco Cavetti,Leigh's former agent from her modeling days and Marco tells Leigh"Ava called me and told me to take her place here."Leigh looks at Marco and tells him"I have missed you."Marco smiles and says"You haven't changed a bit Leigh Woods."Leigh tells Marco"Thank you for the compliment.But I don't intend to model again."Marco tells her"After what I've heard,you have what you want and I'm just glad my best friend is alive."Leigh and Marco hug as they catch up on lost time.
   Back at Jackson Inc,Burt,Ava,Bree,Jared,and Ciarra are in Xavier's office as Burt tells them"Someone else is going after Emery's."Ava asks him"Who is it?"Burt looks at Ava and tells her"The person has asked to remain unknown.They've doubled the asking price though.What do you want to do?"Jared,Bree,and Ciarra looks at Ava as she tells Burt"I want Emery's and tells the broker we'll offer some money to find out who the other bidder is."Burt makes the call and does as Ava asks and Burt hangs up and looks at them and says"Hale Corp."Ava is silent and says"Winston is going after Emery's."Jared shakes his head and says"I knew Grandfather hadn't changed his ways.He put on one hell of an act."Burt is in shock as Ciarra tells them"Winston doesn't know anything about the Department Store business."Ava tells everyone"Emery's is ours!Trust me on that one.He didn't know we were looking at buying Emery's.I didn't tell him."Ciarra asks Ava"How are you going to handle this?"Ava looks at all of them and says"He will have to choose,Emery's or me."
  At City Hospital,Winston arrives in Xavier's room as Sully is sitting next to her Father and Winston tells Xavier"Here's the deed to my Island.I also brought you some photos as well."Xavier and Sully looks at the photos and are in awe and Xavier asks Winston"How much are you going to sell this for?Winston gives Xavier the deed and tells him humbly"It's free.I don't want a dime for this.After all you've done for me Xavier,this is my way of saying thank you."Xavier is shocked,as is Sully as they are both speechless as Winston tells Xavier"You showed me many truths with Chant,and you and I are both similar and I'm glad that we're friends now.This will be of more use to you,than it will be for me."Xavier reads everything over and is silent as Sully hugs Winston and tells him"I never thought I'd be able to say I liked you,but now I can."Winston looks at Sully and tells her"You have made Jared happy,and you carry my son's heart inside of you.I'm honored that you're a part of my family."Meanwhile in Beth's office,Beth sits at her desk as she is going over Xavier's paperwork,and Tenny arrives and smiles at her daughter and says"How are you my sweet Beth?"Beth tells her Mother"I am fine,tired after staying all night at the hospital,but it's my job."Tenny then asks Beth"How is Xavier?"Beth tells her"His blood count is close to normal and he should be released in a few more days."Tenny then looks at Beth and tells her"Walk over here to your Mama.I need a hug."Beth walks over and Tenny slaps her daughter and shows her a picture and a piece of paper and tells her daughter in a stern tone"Explain this to me!"
  

1 comment:

  1. OH MY, JUST AS I THOUGHT THINGS WERE FIALLY COOLING OFF FOR BETH'S FAMILY, NOW THIS ! POOR BETH, AND IF TENNY HAS A RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING TO ANYBODY ABOUT THIER LIFE , ESPECIALLY BETH ! TENNY JUST NEEDS TO MIND HER OWN BUSINESS AND SUPPORTIVE OF HER DAUGHTER !!

    ReplyDelete