Friday, June 14, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 165. The Arraignment

   At the Adam's Landing Courthouse, Ruth,Frank,Bree,Summer,Tenny,Ciarra,Winston,Jared,and Aretha take their seats on the left side of the Courtroom as Bobby tells them"This should be quick and easy."Tenny tells Bobby"I want them all dead for what they did to the home I spent the best years of my life in."Ruth walks over to the defendant's side of the Courtroom,as Brock Jr,Tommy,and Chant stands next to Cara and Brock Jr looks at his Mother and asks her"Where have you been Mama?"Ruth looks at her youngest son and her grandson and gets emotional and slaps both of them and snaps"I'm ashamed of both of you and Junior,each time I hear you call me Mama,it makes me all the more sick!"Tenny watches on,as she sits next to Ciarra and she quips to her sister"It looks like Granny Ruth's finally waking up."Ciarra quietly snaps"Shut up Tennessee."Ruth returns to her seat as she stands with her family,as Summer is quiet and Chant winks at her and Summer freezes up and Bree fumes with anger,but keeps it in control as The Judge walks inside and everyone rises as The Judge calls the Arraignment to order as Bobby walks up to the stand to make his case.
   Down at Jazz,Allan arrives as he finds Jermaine there and asks Jermaine"How did everything go with Latoya?"Jermaine shakes his head and tells Allan"I couldn't go through with it Allan.I got to the door and couldn't knock."Allan looks at Jermaine and tells him"I see on the marquee that Latoya will be singing tonight down here?"Jermaine tells Allan"I think that's the way I'm going to make up for not being there for her.I'm going to give her a chance to perform."Allan and Jermaine walks over to the stage and does a sound check,as Jazz prepares for it's grand opening and Allan stands on the stage and has a flashback to his days as a Rock and Roll singer and his former band mates,except for Rich arrives and they all hug and Allan tells them"We're going to rock out the house tonight."Meanwhile Jermaine walks back into the office and finds Keith there,as he hangs up the phone and Jermaine asks Keith,as he notices a look of doom on his face"Who were you on the phone with Keith?"Keith quickly changes subjects and asks Jermaine"Is Allan here?"Jermaine nods and Keith then asks"What about your daughter?"Jermaine tells Keith"I am going over to see Sassy and talk to Latoya."Keith tells Jermaine"She better show up or else I am kicking your sorry ass you deadbeat!"Jermaine looks at Keith and reminds him sternly"Who the hell you calling a deadbeat Keith?With your rap sheet,if all the skeletons in your closet were exposed,you'd be a dead man!"Keith tells Jermaine with confidence"Not a damn thing is going to happen to me.I just saved my own ass."Jermaine walks out and Keith has a flashback and makes another phone call.
   At Hell Hill,as Xavier is in the nursery with Gracie and Xavier Jr,Sayyid walks inside and asks Xavier"How does it feel to be back home with your kids?"Xavier,holding his daughter and son tells Sayyid"I am lucky to have lived.When the AVM in my stomach erupted years ago after I thought Leigh had passed,I thought I was going to die.I woke up one morning,getting ready to head down to Jim's,and got sick all of a sudden and Mother found me on the floor and it's something that I've had to deal with for many years,but I have been damn lucky."Sayyid tells Xavier"You've got a lot to live for Xavier.You need to just relax and take care of yourself."Xavier tells Sayyid"It's hard to do when you have so much to protect like a family legacy,your family,keeping the snakes out."Sayyid agrees but tells him"At least you have a great family and you don't have to worry now."Xavier is quiet as Sayyid walks out and he receives a text and responds"I want them executed!"Downstairs,Beth walks into the living room,after overhearing Floyd on the phone and laughs"I notice somebody has the hots for my Aunt."Floyd looks at Beth and responds with a laugh"It's impolite to eavesdrop Beth."Beth tells him"That's a nice thing for you to do,but my Aunt is going to be tough sell.She is shy and after losing Uncle Jacob and with keeping an eye on Mama,you have your work cut out for you."Floyd tells Beth"There's just something about Ciarra Sullivan that lights up my heart.She is down to earth and I don't know how to describe it Beth,it's like love at first sight."Beth tells Floyd"If you really want to win her over,come with me to Jazz tonight.Mama will be yelling at me and you'll have a clear shot with my Aunt."Floyd asks Beth"How are you going to do that?"Beth assures him"I'll make her go.After this arraignment is over,she'll need a distraction other than work."Floyd looks at Beth and tells her with love in his voice"Ciarra amazes me.She really does."
   Down at Class,Leigh introduces Sully to Marco Cavetti,as he is sitting in Sully's office,going over her work and tells Sully"You are the spitting image of your Mother."Sully asks Marco"You were Mom's agent years ago right?"Marco nods and tells Sully"Leigh was the top model in the world.She was the queen of the catwalk.Looking at your work,I think she needs to walk down the catwalk one more time."Leigh reminds Marco"And what did I tell you about that?"Marco,as well as Sully tells Leigh"You should do it."Marco adds"Looking at Sully's designs,you could have the comeback of the century!"Leigh tells Marco"The only thing I'm interested in is my family,and helping Sully run this company.That's all I want to do.Also consider that X may not like it if I decide to go back into modeling."Sully looks at her Mother and tells her"Daddy shouldn't have an issue with it."Marco is quiet and shakes his head and tells Sully"When Leigh was shot,he thought she had died in his arms.After everything happened,I haven't seen him since.Your Mother may be right."Sully looks at them and says with a sigh"Daddy never did speak of that night in Paris.I used to ask him about it and he'd grow quiet and change the subject."Leigh meanwhile changes subjects and tells Marco"I got everything arranged.Terrance will be waiting for you tonight at Jazz."Sully asks her Mother"Are you playing matchmaker?"Leigh laughs and Marco tells Leigh"I am nervous about this."Leigh tells Marco"Everything will be fine.I'll make sure of it."Sully asks Leigh"Are you and Daddy going down to the grand opening?"Leigh tells Sully"X and I have plans for tonight at home.But your Grandmother is going."Sully tells them"Jared and I are going and I think it's sweet that Mom's trying to play matchmaker."Marco quips"She does have a winning record."Sully laughs as they all begin to talk business.
   Meanwhile at Jackson Inc,Ava and Burt are in his office as Burt asks her"Shouldn't you be at the Courthouse?"Ava responds"Winston and Jared are there and Aretha's covering it online."as she checks her tablet and the secretary walks into Burt's office and tells Burt and Ava"Someone is here to see you."Burt and Ava looks at each other as Burt tells his secretary"Bring them in here."A woman walks into the office and asks Burt and Ava"I'm looking for my Pop."Ava looks at Burt,and the woman and Ava asks"Who is Pop?"The woman looks at Ava and responds"Ava Jackson.I have heard about you.I want to know where my Pop is."Ava looks at the woman up and down and asks her again"Who is your Pop?"The woman tells Ava"Floyd Jackson."Ava and Burt sits back and Ava asks the woman"I know of his two children,Rudy and Claire,but who are you?"The woman tells them"I'm his youngest daughter Maria."Ava is silent for a moment and she tells Maria"Do you know where Hell Hill is?"Maria responds"The Jackson Estate?"Ava tells her"For most of us,it's simply Hell Hill and I'm sure you know the stories,knowing Uncle Floyd."Maria quips"Oh hell yes I do."Ava tells Maria"It's out on the edge of town on the main road,after you cross the bridge,there it is."Maria thanks Ava and tells her"I'm glad to have met you Ava."Ava is quiet as Maria walks out,heading to Hell Hell."Burt looks at Ava and says"She looks familiar."Ava is quiet as she tells Burt"Uncle Floyd is full of surprises."Meanwhile Ava checks her updates on Chant,Brock Jr,and Tommy's arraignment and her eyes widen and Burt says to Ava"I know that look."Ava tells Burt"I'm headed to the Courthouse!"Ava rushes out as Burt notices that Ava's left her tablet behind and looks at it and rolls his eyes.
   At Sassy's house,Latoya sits in the living room with Rashad,as they watch TV,and there's a knock on the door and Latoya answers it and sees Jermaine and yells"Go to hell!"and attempts to slam the door,but Jermaine lets himself inside.Rashad stands up and tells Jermaine"Latoya wants nothing to do with you.What part of that don't you understand?"Jermaine looks at them and comes out and tells his daughter"Latoya,I messed up and I know I did.I wanted to ask you to come down to Jazz tonight and sing.I heard you sing when I stood outside of Hell Hill and you have a beautiful voice and I want to try to make up for lost time."Latoya looks at her Father suspiciously and asks him"Why were you at my job?"Jermaine tells her"I wanted to apologize for the way I acted.I see the error of my ways and I want to be your Father,if you let me."Rashad looks at Jermaine and Latoya looks at Rashad,as he tells his girlfriend"He sounds sincere."Jermaine,with tears in his eyes tells Latoya"I am very sincere.I want to be there for you and I think you singing tonight at Jazz could be your big break."Latoya is silent,as she's overwhelmed and says shyly"I never sung in front of a crowd before."Rashad tells Latoya,as he hugs her"I'll be there and so will your family.You have nothing to fear."Latoya looks at her Father,as Jermaine looks at Latoya and she asks him with tears in her eyes"You really want to be my Dad?"Jermaine walks up to Latoya and tells her,as he starts to cry"Yes I do."Latoya and Jermaine hugs as Rashad watches on,also getting emotional,as he thinks about his Father,as he doesn't know anything about him.
   Back at The Courthouse,Chant,Brock Jr,and Tommy have all pleaded innocent on all charges and Bobby and Cara go into the Judge's chambers to talk to him,as everyone awaits outside for the Arraignment to be complete.Ruth,Frank,and Bree supports Summer as she starts to grow scared and she looks at her family and tells them with tears"I deserved it.I deserved it."Bree looks at her sister,with shock and tells Summer"No woman or girl deserves to be raped Summer.What Chant did to you was horrible and he should pay for it."Summer starts to cry,as she begins to break down and says"I went after Jared and I have put myself in this position."Ruth tells her Granddaughter"You did not deserve to be raped.You've made your mistakes,but you didn't deserve what happened to you."Meanwhile Winston and Jared talks amongst themselves and Winston tells his Grandson,as he notices Summer breaking down"I don't like what I see."Jared is quiet."Meanwhile Tenny and Ciarra are silent, as Tenny pulls out her cigarette pouch and Ciarra tells her sister"You can't smoke in a Courtroom Tennessee."Tenny grabs Ciarra's hand,as she looks over at Brock Jr,Tommy,and Chant and gives them an evil look.Brock Jr yells at Tenny"So does my Mama know yet about that whoring daughter of yours marrying my Daddy?"Ruth looks at him,as Tenny stands up and walks over to Brock Jr,as Ciarra tries to stop her,but Tenny pushes her away and Tenny slaps Brock Jr to the floor with red in her eyes,as Ruth and Frank walk over and ask Tenny"Is Junior telling the truth?"Bobby,Cara,and The Judge returns to the Courtroom and Ruth,Frank,and Tenny returns to their places,as The Judge begins to give his verdict.The Judge tells the defendants"Brock Rudolph Jackson Jr,Tommy Jackson,Chant Hale.."Summer runs to the stand and yells with tears in her eyes as Bree tries to stop her sister,but to no avail as Summer tells The Judge"Chant Hale didn't rape me!I asked for it!"Brock Jr gets angry and looks at Chant and tells him"I will kill your sorry ass Chant!Best hope we don't share the same cell."Cara tells them"Shut up!"Ruth,Frank,Winston,and Jared are all stunned and shocked as Bree tells The Judge"My sister didn't mean it your honor.This is common at times when a woman's been raped."Summer yells"I don't want to press charges.I just want to move on!"Tenny and Ciarra are both stunned themselves as both of them are silent.At Hell Hill,Beth is upstairs with Gracie and Xavier Jr,as Xavier,Sayyid,and Floyd watches the Arraignment from the study on the computer and Xavier,Sayyid,and Floyd are all quiet as Beth sits in the nursery and watches from her tablet.Beth walks downstairs and there's a knock at the door as she answers the door and it's Maria and she asks Beth"Where's my Pop?"At Jazz,Jermaine returns as a banker leaves and he walks into Keith's office and Keith tells Jermaine"Tonight will be make or break!"Jermaine asks Keith suspiciously"What did you just do?"Back at The Courthouse,The Judge gives his ruling and says"Brock Rudolph Jackson Jr and Tommy,you're being held without bail for the murder of Brock Rudolph Jackson Sr and the vandalizing of The Sullivan Estate.Chant Hale,since Summer Marx has dropped her charges against you,and although you did fake your death,which is a felony,and there's no evidence to be presented to show you were behind the vandalizing and destruction of The Sullivan Estate,your bail has been posted and you're free to go,but you can not leave Adam's Landing."Ava walks into the Courtroom as she hears the verdict and Aretha tells her"I can't believe this."Ava is silent,fuming with anger.As Brock Jr and Tommy are taken back to their cells,they tell Ruth"You should go see Beth and find out what other secrets she's hiding."Ruth looks at Frank,as Bree looks at Summer and tells her sister"You're going to City Hospital.I'm admitting you."Summer yells at Bree"I am perfectly fine."Bree grabs Summer's arm and says to her"The hell you are."Winston,Ava,and Jared walks up to Chant and he tells them"I am a free man."Winston warns"With a bounty on your head."Chant walks out of the Courtroom as Tenny blocks him and kicks him in the groin and yells"You bastard.You sick,twisted bastard,as Chant drops to his knees.At Hell Hill,Floyd walks into the living room as he hears a voice and he sees his Daughter,Maria Jackson and she asks her Father"So this is where you came?You need to get a cellphone Pop."In Xavier's study,Sayyid punches the wall with anger in his eyes as Xavier sits in his chair and pulls out a pistol and tells Sayyid"You know what to do."Beth walks in the study and Xavier asks his Mother"So is is true that you remarried my Father?"Beth is silent and tells her son"Yes."

1 comment:

  1. WELL OLLIE, LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER FINE MESS YOU HAVE GOTTEN US INTO !! LOL ( SOUNDS LIKE LAURAL AND HARDY TO ME ) LOL CAN'T WAIT TILL MONDAY !!

    ReplyDelete