Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 168. Sacrifices

   At Jazz,Jermaine stands backstage,behind the curtain next to Sassy and Rashad and sees Chant,as he walks towards the stage.Sully,Jared,Bree,Country,and Keith have their guns aimed at Chant and Jermaine sees Keith pull the trigger and Jermaine rushes on the stage and gets hit,as Latoya runs backstage into Rashad's arms,as Chant falls to the floor after being shot in the chest being shot by Jared,Sully,Bree,and Country.Backstage,Beth,Allan,Olivia,Cale and Allison hears the gunshots and Beth rushes out of Allan's dressing room as she sees Jermaine laying on the stage after being shot in the side.Beth and Olivia tends to Jermaine while Sully,Jared,Bree,Burt,and Tenny walks towards Chant's body and they all for a moment breathe a sigh of relief,as Chant lays on the ground."Keith walks into his office as he puts his pistol down and tells himself in a frightened tone"I just shot my best friend."Latoya is scared as Rashad and Sassy comforts her and Latoya walks back out and asks Beth"How is he?"Beth tells Latoya,as Olivia calls the paramedics"He's conscious and breathing.He isn't going to die."Latoya bends down as Jermaine looks at his daughter and tells her"I did what any Father would do for his child."Meanwhile,Terrance and Aretha looks on and Terrance tells his sister"I'm headed to the hospital."Terrance leaves as Aretha heads to check on Keith.Jared kicks his Father's body and Chant's eyes open and he looks at Sully,Jared,Bree,Tenny,and Burt and laughs"Bulletproof vests are a necessity in this town."
  At Ava's Mansion,Winston and Ava lay in bed as Winston gets a phone call from Country and tells Winston"He's dead.He was shot too many times to survive that."Winston hangs up the phone and Ava asks him"So did you do what you were talking about earlier?"Winston looks at Ava and grabs her hand and tells her in a somber tone"It's sad to wish your child dead.But after all Chant's done,I did what I had to do."Ava asks Winston"Who did you hire to shoot him?"Winston responds"Country.He's been in hiding after his visit with Bree."Ava tells Winston"I just hope Country tries to man up and be there for Bree.He really hurt her.I still haven't forgiven him for neglecting his own daughter."Winston looks at Ava and tells her"Bree seems to be a very strong woman and at least she does have someone.I've noticed she and Burt's getting close."Ava tells Winston"It seems like love is in the air.You and I have a wedding to plan,your good son is getting close to my niece,and then there's Sully and Jared and Xavier and Leigh."Winston holds Ava and smiles as he tells her"I think things are starting to work out well.Now that Chant's gone,maybe some peace will come."Ava lays her head on Winston's shoulder as they turn out the lights"I hope so."
   At The Evans Home,Ruth arrives as she sees Willie and Sayyid playing blackjack and Willie asks Ruth"Have you turned into a night owl Ruth Jackson?"Ruth rolls her eyes and tells Willie"Frank is furious and I seen your lights were on so I stopped by."Willie tells Ruth to pull up a seat as Sayyid looks at his cards and tells his sister"I have a 17."Willie looks at her cards and looks at Sayyid quietly and says in a deiceving tone"Clem...baby brother,21!"Sayyid quips"You always were good at blackjack."Willie laughs"Yes I was.As I recall,I taught you how to play."Sayyid rolls his eyes and tells his sister"And you have never let me win yet."The phone rings and Willie answers it and she looks at Sayyid and she tells Aretha on the other line"He's here with me."Willie hangs up the phone and looks at her brother and tells him"Chant was shot.So was Jermaine Watts.He took a bullet for Latoya."Ruth rolls her eyes and asks Willie"Is Chant finally dead?"Sayyid asks the same thing and Willie tells both of them"Aretha didn't say.But she wants Clem to go to Jazz to talk to Keith."Sayyid tells them"After what that he did,I have no reason to go down there."Willie reminds her brother"Remember our conversation earlier Clem?"Sayyid looks at Willie and asks her"If I go,will you go with me?"Willie reminds Sayyid"I don't get out this late Clem.My eyesight isn't what it used to be."Ruth tells them"I'm headed back to The Farm to call it a night."Willie hugs Ruth and assures her"Frank is sensible.He will see the light."Ruth reminds Willie"Have you forgotten who his Father was?"Willie and Ruth share a laugh as Ruth leaves and Willie tells her brother"You go down to Jazz and talk to your son.Aretha's there and you have nothing to worry about."Sayyid hugs Willie and tells her"When I returned,I thought you would judge me because I was a muslim and because of my past,but you surprised me."Willie tells Sayyid"You're my baby brother Clem.I don't judge people for their actions,I see who they are."Sayyid heads out as Willie sits on the couch and says a prayer for Sayyid and Keith and says"Lord please help them grow close.They need each other."
   At Hell Hill,Floyd returns and finds Maria sitting on the couch as she asks him"How did your date go?"Floyd looks at his Daughter and sighs"She's going to be a tough one.She is quite independent and I think I am in love."Maria tells her Father,changing subjects"I realized why you always called this place Hell Hill tonight Pop.Frank knows about the marriage and he and Ava got into a huge argument about it and Ava told him the cold hard truth."Floyd asks Maria"How is Xavier?"Maria tells him"He and Leigh are asleep.I'm just sitting down here watching TV and glad you're home."Floyd gets up and heads to Xavier's study and tells Maria"I got something to show you."Maria follows her Father as they walk inside and  Floyd opens a drawer in Xavier's desk and Maria asks him"When did you become noisy?"Floyd pulls on a folder and the wall opens behind them and Maria and Floyd walks inside B.R.'s vault and Floyd tells his Daughter"This is the family vault.Only a few know about this."Maria notices the gold bars and moonshine and asks"Did Brock Jr know about this vault?"Floyd quips,as he pulls a jar of moonshine off of the shelf and pours a glass for himself and Maria"If he had of known about this,then the gold bars would be gone."Maria takes a drink and looks at her Father and goes"Damn that's some strong stuff."Floyd tells Maria"That moonshine saved Adam's Landing.Wasn't for my brother and our family,Adam's Landing would be a ghost town today."Maria takes a few drinks with her Father as Floyd tells her"I think the next time I see Frank,I'll need some of this."Maria quips,as she's buzzed"I think I'm getting the aspirin ready and go upstairs.Night Pop."Maria heads out,as Floyd sits back and takes some drinks and thinks of Ciarra,who's returned to her and Tenny's Penthouse and she sits in the living room,with Precious at her side,as she thinks about Floyd and tells Precious"I think I like him.But don't tell your Mama."
   Back at Jazz,Chant stares at Sully,Jared,Bree,Burt,and Tenny as Chant snarks"I won't ever go anywhere.I want what belongs to me.I want Foodstar,Class...but I think I'll change the name."Sully gets angry and Jared looks at his Father and warns him"I hate you will all I have in me and I want you dead Chant!"Tenny looks at Sully and Jared tells her"Take my wife home.She doesn't need this."Sully tells Jared"I can handle him Jared!He doesn't scare me."Tenny tells her Great-Granddaughter"You are recovering from a heart transplant.Don't worry about Chant.His days are numbered."Tenny and Sully leaves and Bree slaps Chant and yells"You are pure evil.Tonight was great until you showed your face.My sister is losing it after what you did to her and you sit here like you're a saint."Chant taunts Bree"You heard your sister,she wanted it.She takes after your Mama.And she was a freak,though Summer isn't close."Bree punches Chant in the mouth and Chant warns Bree"You need to be careful with my new brother,I hear he loves sex.He's got some skeletons in the closet."Burt tells his brother"Not near as many as you do,and if you ever come around Bree or my Father again,I'll kill you!"Chant asks"Like you did Lily?"Burt warns him"Don't tempt me."Burt and Bree walks out and Jared tells his Father"I hope somebody kills you soon.You deserve to die Chant!"Chant yells at his son"It's FATHER you worthless traitor!"Jared turns his back and heads home and Chant stands in the middle of the bar and begins to leave as Sayyid stops him and asks him"Are you going somewhere?"
   Jermaine has been taken to City Hospital,as Latoya,Sassy,and Rashad are at his side as Beth,Olivia,and Terrance removes the bullet in Jermaine's side and Beth tells Latoya,Sassy,and Rashad"He will live and luckily this wasn't as bad as it could have been."Rashad tells Latoya"Let's go home Latoya.You need to rest."Sassy agrees with Rashad and Latoya looks at her Father and with tears in her eyes,tells him"Thank you Dad."Jermaine tells Latoya"I'm not going to let you go.We have a lot to catch up on."Latoya smiles and says"Yes we do."Latoya and Rashad heads to Sassy's house as Beth tells Olivia"He'll be fine and you go celebrate Allan's comeback."Olivia leaves and Terrance follows as Beth tells Jermaine"You'll be released in the morning and you'll need to take it easy for a few days."Beth heads out and Sassy's alone with Jermaine in his room and she starts to cry and Jermaine asks her"Why are you crying Sassy?You've never been one to cry."Sassy looks at Jermaine and tells him"You saved our daughter and I am speechless.Literally speechless."Jermaine looks at Sassy and quips"I think I should call a nurse to film this.Sassy Shane is speechless."Sassy looks at Jermaine and tells him"You have proved me wrong tonight and I always knew you were a good man.Keith Ross is just corrupt."Jermaine tells Sassy"We made a mistake years ago and Keith has his problems,but let's leave it in the past now."Sassy looks at Jermaine and tells him"I already have.I owe you Jermaine."Jermaine tells Sassy"It's the other way around.I owe you,Latoya,and that child she's carrying."Sassy is taken away by Jermaine's personality change and she tells him,as she heads out"You take it easy tonight and I'll be here in the morning."Sassy leaves and Jermaine looks at the door and is silent and looks up and says"I am a lucky man.Thank you God."
   At Jazz,Keith has opened up to Aretha and she looks at her cousin and tells him"Mama always told me you never played a part in what happened to your family's murders."Keith starts to cry and tells Aretha"Chant hired someone to kill them after Laila rejected him and he raped her.Laila was going to press charges and she told all of us about what happened and I had a friend back in the day named Tyrone Gray,who was there and he was very shady."Aretha responds"Do you think he was Chant's ear?"Keith tells Aretha"Oh yes.If you showed Tyrone money,then he'd do anything.I was that way myself,and I have really screwed up."Aretha hugs Keith and tells him"You always wanted to sing and that's what you did Keith.From what you've told me,Chant owned you."Keith tells his cousin"He did Aretha.He owns my copyrights,masters,even my name."Meanwhile Sayyid stands outside as he has Chant in a headlock and tells him"Bulletproof vests doesn't protect white bastards like you from this."Sayyid walks inside and Aretha looks at Keith as he sees his Father in front of him and Aretha plays a tape for Sayyid of her and Keith's conversation and Sayyid listens,while holding Chant's head tightly as he listens on and Keith looks at his Father with tears in his eyes and Sayyid looks at Keith and says somberly"Son,I'm here now,and your problems are solved."Sayyid breaks Chant's neck and kills him instantly and hugs his son as they embrace and Sayyid tells Keith"Nobody owns you now my son,you go take care of business.Get what's yours."Aretha looks on with a tear in her eye,as Sayyid and Keith make up and makes a phone call to Country and tells him"Time to pick up Chant's body."

1 comment:

  1. WOW ! ANOTHER FINE EPISODE ! SO GLAD CHANT FINALLY GOT HIS ! LOL

    ReplyDelete