Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 163. Celebration And Investigation

   It's evening time in Adam's Landing.At The Farm,Ruth,Frank and Summer sits in the living room as Summer tells her Grandmother and Uncle"I think I'm heading upstairs for tonight."Ruth asks Summer"Are you ok sweetie?"Summer looks at Ruth and says"I'm tired and I want to go to bed for the night."Ruth hugs Summer as she heads to her room and Frank hears a pickup truck pull into the driveway and Ruth looks at her son and tells him,with her eyes widen"I think I recognize that sound."Frank opens the door and Floyd walks up and Ruth and Frank greet Floyd with a hug and Floyd looks at Ruth and tells his former sister in law"You haven't aged a bit Ruth."Ruth laughs"You need glasses Floyd."Frank asks his Uncle"What has brought you back to Adam's Landing?Mama has been sensing your arrival."Floyd asks Ruth with a laugh"You're nose was itching?"Ruth smiles as they welcome Floyd inside and Ruth tells him"You remind me so much of B.R..The two of you looked just alike."Floyd quips"That's why I wore a cowboy hat Ruth."Ruth asks Floyd"Have you had dinner yet."Floyd looks at Ruth and says"Beth told me earlier that she was going to cook for me when I returned to Hell Hill to settle in."Ruth looks at Floyd and tells him sternly"I remember your favorite meals and I haven't lost my touch.Beth has enough to deal with."Ruth runs into the kitchen to cook dinner and Floyd looks at Frank and asks him"So I see you got a farm of your own?"Frank tells his Uncle"I do and it's nothing like what you have,but I worked for it and made it on my own terms."Floyd is quiet and as Ruth cooks in the kitchen,Floyd tells Frank"I want to talk to you privately outside Frank."They walk out to the fence as they watch the cows in the pasture and Floyd looks at Frank and tells him"Why didn't you fight harder to get close to my brother?"Frank looks at his Uncle and tells him"You should understand my reasons Uncle Floyd.We were two different people and.."Floyd cuts to the chase and tells Frank"Brock thought the world of you.I know he's gone and I know who killed him.But the way you,Jamie,and that other one that I am ashamed has his name treated him in his last years,that hurts me a lot Frank."Frank is silent as Floyd looks at his nephew with disappointment in his eyes.
   At City Hospital,Ciarra arrives in Xavier's room as Beth,Leigh,Sully,and Jared are there and Ciarra gives her Great-nephew a hug and tells him"I am glad to see you're getting back to yourself again Xavier."Xavier looks at his Mother and says to his Great-Aunt"I am ready to go back home tonight."Beth,Leigh,and Sully all tell Xavier"You will be out tomorrow.Stop being so stubborn!"Ciarra laughs and tells everyone"I got some good news for you.Ava has acquired Emery's of Blue Ridge.Jackson Inc now owns the chain and Ava and I are going to run the company."Xavier's eyes widen as he is happy to hear the news and Sully asks Ciarra"Weren't you going to stay behind and help me with Class."Ciarra walks over to Sully and tells her"Your Mom and Mr.Cavetti will be more help than I can be Sully.Emery's holds a special place in my heart and with Jackson Inc owning the company,it can help Blue Ridge and bring the town back from it's depressing state."Xavier notices Ciarra's dressed up and asks"Where are you going tonight?"Ciarra tells them"I'm getting together with Winston,Ava,Burt and Bree at The Sunset Club and have some drinks and celebrate this victory.It's much better than bickering with Tennessee.Sometimes I need to escape."Everyone laughs except for Beth and Xavier congratulates his Great-Aunt and tells her"Have a drink for me."Xavier looks at Leigh,Sully and Jared and tells them"Go down there and celebrate.You all don't have to be here at my side at all hours."Leigh tells her husband"X I know what you're thinking and I'm not about to leave your side."Xavier then turns to his daughter and son in law and tells them"I'm ordering the two of you to go.Go on behalf of me."Sully looks at Jared and Leigh tells them"Get out of here and enjoy yourselves.You two need it."Sully begrudgingly accepts and tells her Father"You don't attempt no escapes while I'm gone!"Xavier is quiet and Leigh assures their daughter"I'm staying here with him tonight.He won't be going anywhere."Sully and Jared heads to The Sunset Club and Ciarra follows and Beth tells Xavier and Leigh"I'm going to head back to the estate tonight to help Floyd get settled in.Don't worry son,you'll be out of here tomorrow!"Beth hugs her son and walks out and stops Ciarra and asks her"Has Mama talked about her adventure at Hell Hill?"Ciarra rolls her eyes and tells Beth"She is mad as hell about it.We both know Tennessee and she isn't about to let this go."Beth asks her Aunt"Could you do me a favor tonight when you get home?"Ciarra asks"Get that wedding certificate and photo?"Beth nods and Ciarra assures her"I can do that.But be warned she will be looking for it and I hope you're ready."Beth rolls her eyes and takes a deep breath,as does Ciarra as she tells Beth"I don't know if Xavier knows about it or not,but if he doesn't,you need to tell him before my sister does."Beth looks down as Ciarra leaves and looks into Xavier's room and tells a nurse"Keep an eye on my son.I'm going home for the night."Beth heads to Hell Hill.Meanwhile in Xavier's room,Xavier tells Leigh"If you're going to be watching over me,I want you next to me."Xavier moves over as Leigh climbs into his bed and he holds his wife and tells her"I love you Leigh."Leigh kisses her husband and says softly"I love you too X."She lays her head on his shoulder as they call it a night.
   Meanwhile at Jazz,Aretha and her cousin Keith are in his office,discussing Rich Carroll and Aretha tells her cousin"Something isn't right with Rich.I know he has started a chain of restaurants and he's sitting on a gold mine."Keith asks Aretha"Do you think he's got Allan's copyrights and masters to his music catalog?"Aretha looks at Keith and quips"You're a singer.You know how the music business works,you tell me what you think?"Keith tells Aretha"I smell a rat."Aretha quips"I do too and when Jazz opens tomorrow,maybe then we'll get some answers."Keith tells Aretha"I think I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open and see what I can find out.I never trusted Rich Carroll as far as I could throw him."Aretha tells Keith"The same can be said about you also.You sold out as soon as you hit the big time and left your family behind.Your Father hasn't forgotten that."Keith sighs and says in a tone of frustration"And he won't ever let me get over it either.I know I messed up and I don't think I can make up for it."Aretha gets suspicious and asks Keith"Why is that?"Jermaine arrives and Keith tells Aretha"I got to discuss some things with Jermaine.I'll catch up with you tomorrow night."Aretha gives Keith and Jermaine a suspicious look and on the way out,she whispers to Jermaine"I'm glad you're Latoya's Father.Be a damn man and be there for her."Aretha then tells Keith"Don't worry cuz,I plan on being here,as does the entire family."Keith rolls his eyes as Aretha leaves and Keith asks Jermaine"So where did you go?"Jermaine walks behind the bar and pours a drink and tells Keith"I went back to see Latoya,but then I left."Keith looks at his friend and tells him"Allan is different than us.Don't worry about Latoya,focus on the money we're about to make."Jermaine looks at Keith and tells him"I'm going to make it up to her for not being there.I heard her singing while I was outside and I want you to hire her to sing down here."Keith rolls his eyes and asks Jermaine"Are you crazy?Letting Sassy's Daughter sing here?Hell no!"Jermaine warns him"I also own Jazz and mind you I gave up my own singing career to manage you.She's going to sing here and be a part of this whether you like it or not so get the hell over it!"Jermaine takes a drink and leaves and Keith rolls his eyes and suddenly has a flashback to his break in the music business and has a thought and says to himself"That can't ever come out.If it does,I am a dead man!"
   Back at The Farm,Floyd and Frank stands at the fence and discuss their past with B.R. and Frank tells his Uncle"You know how my Daddy was.He was set in his ways and nothing ever pleased him.All he worried about was Jackson Inc and Junior."Floyd looks at Frank and reminds him sternly"And why was that Frank?That bastard was a leech and so was Jamie.The two of them caused so much damage to the family.Brock and Ruth divorced over it."Frank reminds Floyd"Have you forgotten that Daddy slept with Beth and had a son with her named Xavier?"Floyd looks at Frank and reminds him"You had a child with another woman also Frank.And I am not going to say I never made any mistakes myself.I made a lot of them.Helen and I had our problems also because I had the same problem that runs in our bloodline.I did Helen wrong and I kick myself for that and after she died,I lost touch with our two children.I moved on though and met a lady in Mexico and we got together and it upset the kids,and we don't speak,but I have found some content in my life these days."Frank asks his Uncle"So you found another woman after Aunt Helen died?"Floyd nods and tells Frank"She died during childbirth and I got the greatest gift I've ever had.That's the moment I woke up and realized that I had a child that needed me,and she turned out great.She doesn't know that I came to town though and when she finds out,she's going to kick my ass."Frank laughs and Floyd looks at his nephew and tells him"You are a good man Frank.I know it was hard to get along with your Daddy,but you did make him proud with your racing career and being a success."Frank hugs his Uncle and Ruth walks outside and tells them"Dinner is ready!Get inside here before it gets cold!"Floyd and Frank heads inside.
   At The Sunset Club,Ava,Winston,Ciarra,Burt,Bree,and Sully and Jared gather in The Jackson Room,as Ava tells them"I think today has been a true success!Xavier will be very happy with what we have accomplished with acquiring Emery's and saving a Blue Ridge institution."Ava pours everyone a glass of champagne,as Sully has water since she can't have alcohol since she's had a heart transplant and they all toast and Ava tells them"Long live Jackson Inc and my brother.And may there finally be some peace in our family."Everyone celebrates as Bobby walks in and tells everyone"I have heard about the Emery's deal.Great work."Ava pours Bobby a drink and he tells everyone"It looks like Jackson Inc is doing fine without me there."Burt tells Bobby"It isn't the same though that you're not there anymore."Bree nudges Burt and says to him"I'm there now and I can handle the pressure."Bobby tells Bree"You will do great."Winston asks Bobby"How's everything going at the ALPD?How's Chant and Junior holding up?"Bobby laughs"I got all of them in solitary confinement and Junior's been crying every time I have visited him,pleading his innocence."Ava quips"We know he isn't innocent of a damn thing nor is Chant.They deserve to be in there.And I hope they get sent away to Unity Prison soon and this time for good."Bobby tells them"I'm arranging everything right now and I plan to try them at once so it can be over and done with.Tomorrow I'll be meeting with the judge and getting everything arranged.Once Xavier's released,then we'll plan on where to go from there."Ava tells Bobby"We already got a nice check ready to donate to the ALPD to put their asses behind bars for life."Bobby warns them"Chant has a lawyer that is coming and this one will be hard.I can promise that Brock Jr and Tommy are going to be locked up,but Chant will be another story."Jared and Winston tells Bobby,as they know he's talking about Cara Del Mar"Just tell her about the SEC and she will back off."Bobby laughs,as he takes a drink"I already knew about that one.I got them ready.Justice will be served and that is a damn promise."Everyone toasts once again as they look forward to the future and thankful of Xavier's survival.
   Meanwhile Aretha has returned home and finds Willie sitting up waiting for her and asks Aretha"I take it you've had a busy day today?"Aretha tells her Mother"I have and tomorrow night Jazz opens."Willie rolls her eyes and says"Keith's new nightclub?"Aretha nods and tells her"We're going down there and check it out.Terrance has already told me he's planning to go and Rashad is planning to bring Latoya."Willie looks at her daughter and sternly tells her"I have no interest going down to my nephew's club.After the way he's done his family over the years,count me out."Aretha tries to persuade her Mother and Willie stands her ground and tells Aretha"Keith won't see me down there and I highly doubt his Father will be there either.That's that and now that you're home,I'm going to bed!Night."Aretha asks Willie"Where's Rashad?"Willie tells her"He's staying at Sassy's with Latoya.Beth's at Hell Hill tonight with Clem.Floyd Jackson is back in town."Aretha asks"B.R.'s twin?"Willie nods and heads upstairs to bed and Aretha pulls out her laptop as she gets on the search engine and types in her cousin's name and notices something and says to herself"Looks like cuz is hiding something big and this will destroy him if it ever comes out."
   At Hell Hill,Beth's upstairs in the nursery with Gracie and Xavier Jr,as she's sent Latoya and Rashad home for the evening and Beth tells Sayyid"Tomorrow Xavier will be home and this place will finally feel right again."Sayyid tells Beth"I have meant to visit him but.."Beth looks at Sayyid and says"You have done a great job keeping an eye on the estate and my Grand babies.He will understand."Sayyid asks Beth"Are you going to the Grand Opening of Jazz tomorrow?"Beth tells him"I have thought about it.I'd like to see Allan back on stage again.Are you going?"Sayyid tells Beth as he shakes his head"I have a job to do here and I am going to either stay here or visit Willie."Beth tells Sayyid"I think you should go down there.At least since your son owns it and support him."Sayyid tells Beth"I think it's best I don't and I'm going to call it a night."Sayyid heads to his room and Beth puts the babies down to sleep as she hears Floyd pull up outside.She walks downstairs and Floyd walks in and takes off his cowboy hat and Beth asks him"Did Ruth cook for you?"Floyd laughs"Yes she did and she didn't lose her touch in the kitchen."Beth smiles and tells Floyd"I'm going to bed and prepare for Xavier's release tomorrow.Make yourself comfortable."As Beth heads upstairs,Floyd asks her"Who was the young woman that came to see Xavier when I was leaving?"Beth looks at Floyd and asks"That was my Aunt Ciarra."Floyd is quiet for a moment and tells Beth"I was just curious."Beth heads upstairs as Floyd says to himself"Ciarra.Now that's a classy lady."He heads into Xavier's study and pulls open a drawer in his desk and sees a folder and pulls on it and walks into B.R.'s vault and sits inside for a moment as he looks around and takes a jar of moonshine and opens it and looks up as he sees a photo album on a shelf and looks through it and sees pictures of himself and B.R. as kids and throughout the years and Floyd looks up and says with tears in his eyes"I'm back home Brock."

1 comment:

  1. LOOKS LIKE ROMANCE IS IN THE AIR FOR FLOYD AND CIARRA !! <3 CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT TENNY HAS TO SAY ABOUT THAT !! LOL

    ReplyDelete