Thursday, June 20, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 169. The Morning After

   It's the next morning in Adam's Landing,and at Hell Hill,Xavier wakes up and notices Leigh has left for Class and he walks into the nursery and sees Maria in there with Gracie and Xavier Jr.Xavier asks Maria"How are you enjoying Adam's Landing so far?"Maria tells her cousin"I see why Pop called this place Hell Hill.It was crazy last night."Xavier quips"I didn't hear anything except that Chant Hale was killed.I think I'm going to celebrate since my wife has went to work and my Mother isn't here."Xavier kisses his children and heads downstairs and Floyd is asleep on the couch and Xavier looks at him and asks"You have a room upstairs Uncle Floyd.Why are you on the couch?"Floyd looks at his nephew and tells him"I prefer couches than beds,unless I'm sharing it with someone."Xavier laughs"Well it sounds like you're still the same."Floyd asks his nephew"I need to ask you something Xavier.Do you think your Great Aunt will go out with me if I ask her?"Xavier looks at him and goes"Ciarra?"Floyd nods and fills him in on Jazz and Xavier looks at his Uncle and tells him"She's a tough sell."Floyd tells him"Beth said the same thing."Xavier tells his Uncle"If you do get lucky,just remember she doesn't play games.She very sophisticated."Floyd tells his nephew"That's what I like about her."Xavier also tells him"My Grandmother is the only one you should worry about.If you're not myself or Ava,then she will look down on you."Floyd quips"I've already met her.She knows who I am and she let herself known."Xavier tells him"She is fiery and very protective of Aunt Ciarra.You've got your work cut out for you."Floyd laughs,as he gets up"I guess I need to prepare myself for what's to come."Xavier laughs as he heads out.
   At City Hospital,Jermaine is in his room,as he wakes up to see Keith sitting by his side and Jermaine looks at Keith and tells him"You tried to kill me."Keith tells Jermaine"My aim was off,the son of a bitch kept moving and then you jumped up on the stage."Jermaine asks"I heard that Sayyid killed Chant."Keith tells his best friend"My Daddy broke his damn neck last night.I'm going to get my copyrights and masters back now that Chant's dead.If Allan can make a comeback,then I can too."Sassy walks into the room and tells Jermaine"Here's your release papers."Keith looks at Sassy and says to her in a flirting tone"You want to nurse me?"Sassy quips"Only if you get shot.Then I'll debate it."Sassy tells Jermaine"You've been cleared to go home and you need to rest for a few days.I've called Latoya and you'll see her later."Sassy walks out and Keith looks at Sassy and tells Jermaine"Damn that girl never ages.I want some of that."Jermaine tells Keith"Go get a wheelchair for me so I can go to my suite at The Sunset Club.And just so you know,I don't think you stand a chance with Sassy."Keith walks out as Jermaine prepares to head to his suite to rest.
   Meanwhile at Olivia's home,Allan has his suitcase packed and Olivia asks Allan"Where are you going?"Allan tells Olivia"Southpoint Beach.I have a visit to make to Rich."Olivia rolls her eyes and sighs"Allan I think you need to hire an attorney to go with you."Allan looks at Olivia and tells her"I got my plan in motion for when I arrive.Rich will have two choices and he won't talk his way out of this one."Olivia tells Allan"How do you know he's really the one that owns your copyrights?"Allan tells her"Keith found out.You'd think he's been at Jazz last night as the band was reuniting wouldn't you?"Olivia is quiet,and tells Allan"Just promise me you won't relapse.I know how pressure gets to you and don't forget that I know you like a book."Allan hugs Olivia and assures her"I plan to get back what belongs to me.I got one stop to make before I leave town today and then game on."Allan heads out and Olivia says to herself"Something tells me I'm not going to like this plan."Olivia makes a phone call to Tenny and tells Allan's Mother"Meet me at Chantel's.I need to talk to you."Olivia heads out and shakes her head,knowing what's at stake.
   At The Evans Home,Willie,Sayyid,Aretha,Rashad and Latoya sits together in the kitchen as Willie's cooked breakfast and Willie asks her brother"Where's Keith?"Sayyid tells her"He went down to visit Jermaine this morning.I feel more content now than I have for years,knowing Chant is dead."Aretha tells her Uncle"He needs to get those copyrights back and the deed to Jazz.I think the latter won't be an issue."Sayyid asks his neice"What deed?"Aretha tells him"Xavier paid the loan Keith took out to pay Chant's bail.He owns Jazz.He works like that."Sayyid takes a deep breath and responds"I know that's how he works.I'll help him see the light.Now that Chant's dead,he will likely give it back to him."Willie tells them"Xavier's a fair man.He was just protecting his family."Meanwhile Aretha asks Latoya and Rashad"So what's the news you wanted to share this morning?"Latoya shows off her ring and tells everyone"We're getting married in a few weeks."Willie and Aretha congratulate them and Aretha gets misty eyed,telling Rashad"Wasn't long ago you were just a little boy and here you are,about to be a Father,and getting married,but you'll always be my baby boy Rashad Evans!"Rashad tells his Mother"Latoya and I are going house hunting soon and after last night I think we may need a mansion."Aretha looks at Latoya and tells her"That was one amazing performance you did.Just make sure you know your stuff if you want to pursue the music business."Sayyid adds"She's right.Don't get in the situation Keith did with Chant."Rashad assures them"Jermaine's going to help her and she's going to be performing at Jazz for awhile before she starts recording."Willie reminds Latoya"I don't know anything about the music business,but don't let it get to your head.Don't end up like so many others have."Latoya assures them"I've already studied how things work,and with Dad helping me,I think things will work out."Everyone's optimistic,as Sayyid tells everyone"I'm glad to see Jermaine Watts has finally owned up to his duty."
   At Jackson Inc,Burt and Bree has arrived as they see Jared and he looks at them,as they're holding on to each other,and responds"The two of you have sure gotten close."Burt laughs"I had my work cut out for me after last night.The power of great sex."Bree smiles as Jared tells them"I'm glad that my Father's finally dead.It's been reported on the news this morning and things seem calm right now."Bree tells them"That bastard had it coming.He deserved it and if Sayyid Ross hadn't of done it,I would have."Jared quips"There was many people gunning for him."Xavier walks inside,as he hears them and tells them"The bastard's dead and the real party starts!"Burt asks Xavier"Does Leigh know you're here?"Xavier says slyly"No.She's at Class with Sully and Marco and I am here."Xavier looks at his niece and tells Bree"I need to see you in my office."Bree follows Xavier as they walk inside and Allan is there waiting for Xavier and Allan tells his nephew"I'm headed to Southpoint Beach this morning to get back what's mine."Xavier tells Bree"I want you to represent Allan in case Rich decides to play hardball."Allan looks at Xavier and says"Keith told me about how he made his money and I want to break his bank."Xavier turns on his computer and looks up some information on Rich,and tells Allan"He's quite shady.His restaurant chain is publicly owned,therefore it can be bought out."Allan asks him"Does Jackson Inc have the money to buy Salty's?"Xavier looks at Allan and quips sarcastically"I can make one phone call and it will be mine!"Allan is quiet for a moment and Xavier tells Bree"I think I need to talk to my Uncle alone for a moment."Bree walks out and Xavier gets his phone and calls his broker and tells him"I want to buy all the shares in Salty's."Allan listens on as Xavier has the phone on speaker as the broker tells him"Rich doesn't own the majority in the company.He looks to just own 5 percent."Xavier asks"Then would the other stockholders be willing to sell?"The broker responds"They would.He's changed the name of the company to Rich Carroll's Seafood House and the stockholders aren't pleased."Xavier tells him"I am pleased.I want to buy the 95%."The broker tells Xavier"Hang on a minute."Allan looks at Xavier as he tells him"This is all you're going to need but keep it to yourself."The broker tells Xavier"Rich Carroll's Seafood House is yours."Xavier responds"Good.Now sell me Rich's shares also."The broker,who also works for Rich tells Xavier"Are you sure you want to do that?"Xavier asks the broker"When was the last time Rich gave you a raise?"The broker's silent and Xavier tells him"I'll make it worth your while and make it private and send me the deed."The broker tells him"It's all yours Mr.Jackson.Just be aware that Rich will want it back."Xavier tells the broker,as the deed is faxed to him"I'll handle it from here.Thank you and check your bank account."The broker hangs up and Xavier hands Allan the deed and tells him"Now you have your ammo.Fair trade."Allan smiles as he tells his nephew"You really don't play when it comes to business."Xavier smiles and tells his Uncle"Head down to Southpoint Beach and get what's rightfully yours.I will handle things from here and if Rich doesn't play ball,then I will have what I need and so will you."Allan gets up and tells Xavier"Time to go to Southpoint Beach."Xavier assures Allan"Everything is set.Just do as I told you."Allan nods as he heads to the airport.
   Meanwhile at Chantel's,Olivia meets up with Tenny and Precious as Olivia asks her"I thought restaurants didn't allow dogs inside?"Tenny,who's wearing glasses and walking with a cane laughs"Money and playing a frail,blind,old woman can go a long way honey."Olivia laughs as she tells Tenny"Allan's off to Southpoint Beach to confront Rich."Tenny quips"Good for him."Olivia looks at Tenny and asks her"What's good about it Tenny?You know how he gets if he gets rejected.Remember what happened with Allison?"Tenny looks at Olivia and tells her"He's dealing with my Grandson Olivia.Rich Carroll doesn't want to mess with him,Xavier will destroy him and his career easily.That's the stop Allan made on the way to the airport."Olivia looks at Tenny and asks her"Xavier has been known to turn on his own family."Tenny grabs Olivia's hand and says gently"Allan's my son Olivia.He's a Sullivan.Xavier won't do any harm to Allan.And like I said,Rich Carroll is nothing.Look at the idiot's career,he screwed over Allan and he joined a commune,then he decided to become a singer of every genre and I can count on one hand how many hits he's had.That restaurant of his is all he has and Allan's copyrights.Read between the lines Olivia.I know how this all works."Olivia is quiet and mentions"I read in the paper that he changed the name of his chain to Rich Carroll's Seafood House."Tenny grins and says"And stockholders get pissed when someone starts changing things up."Olivia sits and puts the pieces together and says"I take it Xavier just bought out the company."Tenny smiles and says"Allan has what he needs to get what's his.Go to work and save lives and let Xavier deal with this.Allan will be fine."Olivia heads to City Hospital as Tenny gets up and tells Precious"Let's go visit Aunt Ciarra."
   Back at City Hospital,Beth arrives in her office as Terrance and Sassy walk inside and tell her"Jermaine has been released."Beth tells them"That's good.I think Keith needs to stick to singing."Terrance and Sassy laughs as Beth gets a phone call and Terrance and Sassy walks out into the hallway and Beth hangs up the phone and walks out into the hallway and tells Terrance and Sassy"I am expecting a visitor."At Jackson Inc,Burt and Bree sits in his office and Bree tells Burt"I don't know what went on in Xavier's office,but Allan left with a smile on his face."Burt tells her"I think Jackson Inc has acquired another business."In Xavier's office,Ciarra arrives and tells her Great-Nephew"Shouldn't you be resting?"Xavier assures her"Being here makes me feel so much better than staying at home.Chant is dead and for the moment all is well."Ciarra asks Xavier"Where's Ava?"Xavier looks at his Great-Aunt and tells her"She and Winston left town this morning.They have eloped."Ciarra smiles and tells him"That's good.She needed this."Xavier nods and asks her"Would you do me a favor?"Ciarra asks"What do you need?"Xavier tells her"Go over to Hell Hill and check on Gracie and Xavier Jr for me."Ciarra looks at Xavier and responds"I know you.Floyd's there and you want me to check on him."Xavier tells Ciarra"He is a good man.It's just him and Maria over there and give him a chance."Ciarra is quiet and tells Xavier"I'm going over there to check on Gracie and Xavier Jr.I have no interest though in having a relationship with Floyd!"Ciarra leaves and Xavier laughs"If that wasn't denial,then I don't know what is."Meanwhile at Hell Hill,Maria is upstairs in the nursery with Floyd when the phone rings and Maria answers and Xavier asks"Is Uncle Floyd there?"Maria responds"Yes."Xavier tells her"He's got a visitor on the way.Keep him there."Maria hangs up and Floyd asks his daughter"Who was that?"Maria tells her Father"I think Xavier's playing matchmaker."Floyd smiles.Back at City Hospital,Beth sits in her office and reads over some files and Frank walks into Beth's office and yells"Is there anything else you want to tell me Step-Mama?"Beth rolls her eyes as Frank stares at his Ex-Wife with anger in his eyes and tells her"You are so full of secrets."Meanwhile on a plane,Winston and Ava are sitting next to each other and Winston tells Ava"Do you like everything so far?"Ava gives Winston a kiss and tells him"I think this is going to be wonderful."The pilot tells them"We've arrived on your island Mr.Hale."Ava looks at Winston and they kiss and Winston tells Ava"We're about to be married again."Ava kisses Winston and tells him"I love you Winston."Winston holds Ava tightly and says to her,with a kiss"I love you too Ava."
  

1 comment:

  1. SO GLAD FOR AVA, SHE DESERVES SOME HAPPINESS AFTER ALL SHE HAS BEEN THROUGHT AND SO DOES CIARRA & FLOYD !!! GOOD SHOW ! ANOTHER , BRAVO EPISODE !!! LOL

    ReplyDelete