Monday, June 17, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 166. Grand Openings

   At Hell Hill,Xavier is shocked and stunned at what he heard while watching Brock Jr,Tommy,and Chant's Arraignment at the Adam's Landing Courthouse and Sayyid walks out of Xavier's study with the pistol Xavier's given him as Xavier points to the seat and tells his Mother"Now I know why my Father was looking at homes in Blue Ridge."Beth looks at her Son and asks him"How did you know about that Xavier?"Xavier looks at his Mother with a puzzled look and reminds her"I keep up with everything that goes on.I knew there was something going on between the two of you and to be honest with you,I'm not upset about it,but that's not saying Grandma Ruth or my other Grandma will be upset when they find out."Beth rolls her eyes and tells her son"Mama already knows.Junior told her.I think I'll get out of here early and head to Jazz early before talking to Ruth and Frank about B.R. and I's marriage.Floyd was the only other one that knew and there's one other person that I am worried about."Xavier asks"Ava?"Beth nods and Xavier assures her"Ava and I are more concerned with the same thing right now Mother.Your marriage to my Father is nothing to lose sleep about.Ava likely feels the same way."Beth tells Xavier,changing subjects"I'm going to get ready to go watch Allan's show."Xavier hugs his Mother and tells her"I'm glad to know he had you.It's just sad he never got a chance to be happy."Beth is quiet as she heads upstairs."Xavier makes a phone call and asks"Who paid for Chant's bail?"Xavier gets an answer and he sits at his desk and says to himself"It's not looking too good for some people in this town."as he gets his Colt 45.
  At Class,Leigh,Sully,and Marco have also heard the verdict and what happened and Leigh looks at Sully and Marco and tells them"X is likely plotting a murder as we speak."Sully tells her Mother"He isn't the only one."Leigh has a look of worry and concern and tells her Daughter"He's just been released from City Hospital,and with this all happening,he does not need to be planning revenge."Leigh hugs Sully and Marco and tells Marco"Have a good time tonight and let me know how your date goes with Terrance."Marco assures Leigh"I will."Leigh heads back to Hell Hill.Sully calls her husband and doesn't get an answer and Sully tells Marco"You can go get ready for tonight.I need to look at a few things before I head to the Penthouse."Marco hugs Sully and tells her"You have a gold mine down here with Class.From what I've seen,this place is going to be a rousing success."Sully quips"It already is.It's very successful and it's only growing stronger."Marco smiles and tells Sully"You've done a great job.I'm honored to be working with you."Marco leaves and Sully sits in her office and has a flashback to what happened in her office,which resulted in her cousin's death,and almost dying after being shot by Angelica Hale and she looks into her desk and says coldly"Payback is a bitch!"
   At the ALPD,Bobby's returned to his office,as Ava,Winston,and Jared walks inside and asks Bobby"How in the hell did Chant get off?"Bobby tells them"With Summer's outburst in the Courtroom,that was the icing on Chant's temporary freedom cake."Jared is angry and yells"I read up on rape and the effects it has on some and I have to cut Summer some slack and I hope she gets help."Ava tells Jared"When I was raped,it changed me and Sully and I both had similar reactions,except I wanted to kill Jamie and Junior.I was angry and Mama and I went to Southpoint Beach shortly afterwards and when Daddy had to do damage control,they divorced."Bobby tells them"B.R. was in a tight spot when that happened.I just wonder if it was true that he was married to Beth?"Ava tells them"If they were,then that's fine with me.Everyone has to move on and if that was Daddy's choice,then it was his choice."Winston meanwhile asks Bobby"Who paid for Chant's bail?"Bobby checks the computer and is stunned,as he asks Winston"What is the connection between Keith Ross and your son?"Winston,Jared,and Ava looks at Bobby,as Winston has a flashback to his meeting with Sayyid Ross a few weeks back and tells everyone"Sayyid asked me about him and I told him he was dead and Sayyid was glad to know about it.He said to me that he'd kill him himself if he was breathing."Bobby tells them"Keith took out a huge sum to get Chant released and the question is why would Keith Ross bail Chant Hale out of jail and risk his nightclub?"Ava,Jared,and Winston are all silent,as Bobby calls Xavier and tells him and hangs up and tells Ava"Chant will be lucky if he makes it through the night."Jared tells them"After what that bastard's put my family through,I hope someone finally puts a bullet in him."Jared storms out as he sees a missed call from Sully and Ava and Winston tells Bobby"I have a feeling some sparks will fly tonight at Jazz."Ava and Winston leaves as Bobby sits in his office and pulls out a bottle of liquor and takes a drink and says to himself"Time to clean up."
   Meanwhile back at Hell Hill,Maria and Floyd catch up as Floyd tells his daughter"I needed to see if my gut was right."Maria asks her Father"That Uncle Brock was dead?I told you he was murdered."Floyd takes a deep breath and reminds Maria"Can't always believe what you hear on the news or the Internet Maria.You know how I am about those kind of things."Maria tells her Father"Pop you need to keep up with modern times and let me know when you decide to leave home.At your age.."Floyd stops Maria and sternly tells her"I may be an old man Maria,but I won't be treated like one.My eyesight is good,I'm in good health,I don't need to ask nobody permission to do anything.You worry too much."Maria looks at him and tells him gently"It's only because I love you Pop.You're all I have and I am scared to lose you."Floyd assures Maria"Darlin,your pop isn't going anywhere.And if you're going to keep an eye on me,call the farm-hands at the ranch and tell them that we're going to be here for awhile."Maria asks her Father"You're staying in Adam's Landing?"Floyd nods and tells her"With all that's happened today,I need to be there for my brother's family,and I want you to know your cousins and aunts."Xavier walks downstairs,as he's gotten dressed and looks at Maria and asks her"Who the hell are you?"Floyd asks Xavier"Where are you going?"Xavier tells his Uncle"I've got to take care of some things."Floyd tells his daughter"This is Brock's youngest son and the one in charge.."Maria quips"Xavier Jackson?"Floyd introduces Xavier and Maria and Xavier tells them in a hurry"I'd love to sit and chat,but I've got some things to do."Xavier storms out and Maria tells her Father"He reminds me of Uncle Brock."Floyd quips"And he's got his temper."Maria rolls her eyes as Floyd tells Maria"Welcome to Hell Hill darlin."
   At Jazz,Tenny and Ciarra has arrived in Allan's dressing room,as Olivia,Allison,and Chant are there as well as Allan's former band mates except for Rich,as they prepare for their show.Allan asks his Mother"I heard Chant got off."Ciarra is quiet as Tenny tells them"If you need a falsetto,Chant may be your man after the kick I gave him today."Allan rolls his eyes and tells his Mother"He's not going anywhere Mama.From what I understand,he can't leave town and if he tries,he'll be back in jail."Cale assures Tenny"If it makes you feel any better Tenny,I'll beat his ass if I see him."Tenny looks at Cale and tells him"If you do that,make sure it's with a baseball bat or a torque wrench."Ciarra looks at Allan and tells him"It's unfortunate about how everything happened,but I am going back home and break a leg tonight."Allan asks his Aunt"You're not staying?"Ciarra tells Allan with a laugh"I'm into classical music,not hard rock."Ciarra hugs Allan,Olivia,Allison,and Cale and heads out and Tenny follows her and Tenny asks her sister"You're not acting like yourself Baby Sister.What's wrong?"Ciarra responds"Nothing's wrong Tennessee.I just want to be alone."Ciarra leaves and Tenny debates going back to the Penthouse with Ciarra,but she heads back to Allan's dressing room and tells them"I think it's going to be a successful night for everyone."
   Meanwhile,Ruth and Frank returns to The Farm,as they find Willie outside and Frank walks inside without saying anything,as Willie asks her best friend"Are you ok?"Ruth looks at Willie and says in a stunned tone"I don't know what to think Willie.B.R. never told me that he remarried,and to Beth."Willie looks at Ruth as they sit outside and Willie tells Ruth"I used to keep an eye on B.R. after the two of you divorced years ago and he always loved you.He was a very lonely man and the way Junior and Jamie treated him and his Grandchildren,it just disgusted me at their disrespect."Ruth looks at Willie and asks"So he really had nobody here?"Willie grabs Ruth's hand and tells her"He'd come to the house often at dinner time and have dinner with Sidney,Aretha,and I.We always talked about the good days.The last time I seen him,he told us he was selling Hell Hill to Adam's Landing and moving to Blue Ridge.He went there often."Ruth sits back and tells Willie as she has a flashback"He came to see me a few times after we divorced and Ava was angry at him over what happened as was I,but Ava forgave him and I did too.I'm not angry he married Beth.I know Beth wasn't out for herself."Willie tells Ruth"Beth is a great person.Take comfort knowing she was there for B.R. as well as Xavier."Ruth says to Willie with disappointment in her voice"I think Tenny Sullivan was right when she said I didn't raise my kids right."Willie scolds Ruth and tells her"You did a fine job Ruth.You can't help what happened with the outcome."Ruth hears something break inside and Ruth and Willie walks inside and Frank has thrown his wedding photo with Beth years ago across the room with anger in his eyes and tells his Mother"Once again,Beth keeps a secret from me.Damn her!"Ruth looks at Willie and Willie heads back home,as Ruth reminds her Son"The two of you were divorced Frank.And you were never there for your Father."Frank yells"You're not mad about it?"Ruth looks at Frank and asks him"Why should I be mad Frank?I'm glad that B.R. had someone in his last years.What I really wish was that you would have been there more as well."Frank tries to explain and Ruth sternly says to him"I don't give a damn about your reasons Frank!He was your Father and he took care of you.You get over it!"Frank looks at his Mother and leaves and Ruth shakes her head and says to herself,as she looks up"I'm glad you had Beth in the end my love."
   Back at Hell Hill,Leigh returns home and finds Floyd and Maria in the living room and Floyd introduces Leigh to his daughter and Leigh asks Floyd"Where's X?"Floyd tells Leigh"He left earlier in a hurry.'Leigh shakes her head and Beth comes downstairs and Beth is dressed to head down to Jazz and Leigh asks Beth"Where is my husband?"Beth rolls her eyes and says"I have an idea where he is."Xavier returns and Leigh and Beth looks at him and asks Xavier"Where did you go?"Xavier tells them"I went to the bank."Xavier tells them"I just took care of some things.And now I'm home."Leigh tells her husband"You are recovering X!The last thing you need to be worrying about is Chant Hale!"Beth meanwhile asks Floyd"Are you going with me down to Jazz?"Floyd tips his cowboy hat and Maria asks her Father"I see you're going out?"Floyd smiles and says to his daughter"Wish your Pop some luck darlin.I'm going to meet up with a lady."Maria rolls her eyes and Beth tells Maria"Make yourself comfortable."Beth and Floyd heads out as Leigh tells Xavier"Latoya called and she's singing at Jazz tonight."Xavier tells his wife"Go get dressed and we'll go cheer her on."Leigh looks at Xavier suspiciously and tells him"You're up to something."Xavier,who's dressed up asks Maria"Would you mind watching Gracie and Xavier Jr?"Maria tells them"I'd be glad to."Leigh tries to talk Xavier out of going and he tells his wife"It's time we get out for a change."Leigh rolls her eyes,as Maria heads to the nursery,and Xavier is alone in the living room,as he makes a phone call and asks Sayyid"Are you there?"Sayyid,who's outside of Jazz,tells him"I'm here."Leigh changes clothes and freshens up and she and Xavier heads to Jazz's Grand Opening.
    Down at Jazz,Sully and Jared has arrived and Aretha has arrived with Terrance,as he tells his sister"Leigh's set me up for a blind date."Aretha looks at Terrance and tells him"I hope it works out.I'm going to visit our cousin."In Latoya's dressing room,Rashad and Sassy are in there with her as she prepares to perform for the first time and Jermaine walks in and tells his daughter"You're going to do great!"Sassy looks at Jermaine in shock and asks him"So you finally decided to be a Father?"Jermaine tells Sassy"I owe her and we made amends."Sassy is suspicious,but Latoya tells her Mother"Give him a break."Sassy hugs Latoya,and warns Jermaine"Don't hurt my daughter."Jermaine tells Sassy"I've hurt her enough and now I want to be a part of her life."In Allan's dressing room,he tells the members of his band"We're about to rock the house."Keith walks into Allan's dressing room and tells him"I have found out who owns your copyrights Allan."Allan asks"Who is it?"Keith tells him"Rich didn't get wealthy off his restaurant chain alone.He got wealthy off of you."Keith heads out and Allan tells his band"Head on to the stage."Allan makes a phone call."In Keith's office,Aretha arrives and sees Chant in there and Aretha angrily asks Chant"Why are you here?"Chant snarks"I have nothing to tell you Aretha."Aretha asks in a unassuming tone"You don't?"Sayyid walks inside Keith's office and sees Chant and pulls out his pistol and rushes to Chant and knocks him to the ground and puts his pistol to Chant's mouth and angrily says to him"This has been a long time coming you son of a bitch!"

1 comment:

  1. AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE AN FAMILY NIGHT OUT ON THE TOWN ! LOL NEVER A DULL MOMENT WHERE THE SULLIVAN'S AND JACKSON'S ARE CONCERNED !! SPARKS ARE GOING TO FLY OR SHOULD I SAY BULLETS !! LOL

    ReplyDelete