Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 240. Gifts And Confessions

   At Jackson Inc, Bobby sits at his desk, as Xavier, with Gracie sitting on his lap, Beth, holding Xavier Jr, Frank, Ava, Bree, Cale, Andy, Willie, and Mary sits inside, and Bobby tells them "Before Ruth passed away, she came down here and told me to record this." Bobby turns his monitor around on his desk, as he begins to play the video, and Ruth sits inside Frank's Greenhouse, as she says "I love this place, and the beauty that it possesses inside. I hope it's like this when I get to heaven." The tears begins to flow inside Bobby's office, as Beth latches onto her Grandson, as Xavier holds onto Gracie, and everyone begins to cry, as Ruth continues "Life isn't about money, nor is it about revenge, it's family. And we fight for our own. Now all of you have to fight on your own, and take the lessons of your past and use them in your future. You all also have to be one. And I sincerely hope that can happen. I have left my money to City Hospital, so it can grow, and lives can be saved. As for my holdings in Hell Hill, I've left that to Beth as you all know. But that isn't the point, As you all know, I have been cremated, and all of you will have a part of me, but with one stipulation." Everyone grows curious, as Bobby puts a box on his desk, and hands each of  them a small urn, which contain Ruth's ashes. Ruth continues "All of you now have a part of me, and Bobby will give each of you a list of instructions of what to do. Now I will always be with you, and around you, and always watching over you. I love you all, and we are one. And always remember that." The video ends, and Bobby pulls out the letters, as he hands each of them their letters, and everyone starts to cry, as they read Ruth's letters, and Beth sighs "This will be hard." Bobby tells her, as does Xavier "This will be hard on all of us."
   At Wallace's Corporate Headquarters, Mona sits in her office, as she gets off the phone with vendors, with  frustration on her face, as Desi walks inside. Mona looks at Desi and asks "So you're really leaving?" Desi looks at Mona and tells her "I just sold my home, and having everything sent to Unity. After I leave here, I'm hitting the road." Mona looks at Desi, and tells her friend "I will be alone here without you." Desi laughs "Unity isn't far away Mona. And I need to be near the one kid I give a damn about." Mona is taken back, as she asks "What do you mean by that Desi? Shouldn't you go and tell Rachel goodbye also? She is your Daughter." Desi tells Mona "I hate her. I regret giving birth to her. And I really wish Ava had killed her when she was in Sugar Creek." Mona rolls her eyes, as she shakes her head in disbelief, and goes "I'll be damned if my Sister wasn't right about you." Desi gets angry and asks "What? Are you now believing that self-righteous bitch?" Mona asks Desi "How could you hate your child? You owe her Desi. I read that book she wrote, and I was taken back by what she wrote. And you hate her?" Desi yells "Damn right I do Mona! She tried to destroy me. She only gives a damn about herself!" Mona stands up from her desk, and sternly tells her "You did it to her. I really had me fooled Desi. If I had a Daughter, and had what happened to Rachel, happen to her, I'd been there for her and supported her and killed the bastard that violated her. You were so damn wrapped up in yourself that you turned Rachel into who she is!" Desi snaps "Screw you! And if you give a shit about that disgusting whore, you play Mom to her. Michael is the only child I have as far as I'm concerned!" Mona quips "And he deserves what he's getting after his actions!" Desi looks at Mona, and shrieks "Everyone in this damn town destroyed him. He didn't do anything wrong Mona! Aretha Evans had it out for me. And she took it out on Michael!" Mona snaps "Bullshit! Michael took after the Barrs and it caught his ass! And I hope he stays in Unity Prison and rots!" Desi heads out, and laughs "You are being set up Mona. And we'll see if your Sister or her sorry ass family even comes to your rescue." Mona walks up to Desi, and slaps her forcefully, and shrieks at her "Good thing you are leaving town bitch." Desi sticks her nose up to Mona, and walks out, as Mona quips "Leigh was right about her. One selfish bitch."
   At Chantel's, Aretha and Eve sits at the bar, as they have a glass of wine, and Eve tells Aretha "This is a nice restaurant. And this wine is amazing." Aretha quips "Imported from Europe." Eve laughs for a moment, as Sayyid walks inside and joins them, and Eve asks Sayyid "So have you seen Andre?" Sayyid tells Eve "He's at Jazz right now. I've been watching him. You may have your work cut out for you." Eve takes a drink, and sighs "It's not going to be easy." Sayyid responds "I know it won't." Meanwhile, Tenny, Nathan, Rose, and Precious walks inside, and Sayyid notices them, and tells Eve "If you want to learn about Andre, there's the one to talk to." Eve sees Nathan, and runs up and yells "Nathan!" Nathan sees Eve, and they hug, as Nathan asks "What are you doing here?" Tenny looks at Eve, and is awestruck, as she goes "Eve Mathis! The Diva herself. Wow!" Eve looks at Tenny, and goes "You're Allan's Mother correct?" Tenny smiles, and responds "Yes I am, and I just love you. You have such a soulful voice, and I just love you Eve!" Eve tells Tenny "Ms.Sullivan, no need for flattery. Allan and I were good friends years ago?" Tenny quips "Did you sleep with him? I know he got around?" Nathan and Rose roll their eyes and Nathan snaps "Grandma! Eve and Allan never did that." Tenny walks away, as she mumbles "I wish he had." Tenny makes a phone call to Ciarra, as she's at Adam's Landing International Airport, and Ciarra tells her Sister "I just talked to Maria, and I'm heading out to the Ranch. Maybe Floyd will be there." Tenny replies "Be safe, and keep me posted." Ciarra tells her Sister, as she prepares to board the plane "I will Tennessee." Ciarra hangs up, and back at Nathan and Rose's table, Eve looks at Rose, and asks Nathan "So I see you got yourself a girlfriend?" Nathan responds "We're just friends. But who knows?" Rose is quiet, as she's in awe of being in Eve's presence, and Tenny walks back over, and tells Nathan "Ciarra's on her way to Texas. Hopefully your Grandpa will be there." Nathan tells his Grandmother "I hope so." Eve tells Nathan "I want to meet with you later. I won't intrude anymore." Nathan looks at Eve, and tells her "You are never intruding Eve. Just call me later and I'll show you my new office." Eve accepts as she heads back to the bar, and Tenny asks her Grandson "You just know all the greats don't you?" Nathan tells her, as Rose is quiet, reading her phone, "Eve Mathis is one of the smartest women in the music business, and we are very good friends."
   At City Hospital meanwhile, Clayton and Rachel walks inside Winston's room, as Terrance has taken him off life support, and Clayton yells at Terrance "Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?" Terrance tells him "For starters, Rachel isn't allowed in here, and Ava sent me a text to pull the plug." Clayton yells "The man has a brain tumor! He could die!" Terrance asks "And?" Clayton yells at Terrance "If my Father dies Dr.Evans, you will face my wrath!" Terrance looks at Clayton, and snarks "You should be more concerned with Ava. I'm just the doctor. And this old bastard's vitals are fine. But Ava's in charge, and the surgery will be very risky." Clayton warns Terrance "That brain tumor better be removed. And now!" Terrance gets frustrated, and tells Clayton "Only when Ava gives the call." Terrance walks out, and Rachel looks at Clayton, and tells him "She's going to kill him." Clayton pulls out his phone, and tells Rachel "Ava forgets one important thing, the Hales have power in Valley Ridge, and that's where he's going." Clayton makes a phone call, and then a second, and he and Rachel walks out. As they head down the hall, Clayton sees Terrance inside Olivia's room, as he checks on Olivia, and tells Rachel "I need you to do something for me." Rachel asks in a tone of excitement "And what would that be?" Clayton tells her "Find me a sucker who could disrupt things while I take care of my Father." Rachel heads off, as Clayton has an evil smile and says "It's not time yet Father. We have work to do."
   Meanwhile at Sully and Jared's Penthouse, Sully, Jared, Leigh, and Ruthie arrives, as Sully tells her Daughter "Here's your new home my sweet angel." Leigh tells her Daughter "It was quiet when we walked by Tenny's door. She's likely hanging out with that Rose girl." Sully looks at her Mother, and asks, as she hands Ruthie to Jared "You're not acting like yourself Mom. What's going on? I've heard you've been very moody lately from my employees at Class." Leigh asks her Daughter "What are you talking about Sully? I am fine. There's nothing wrong with me." Sully adds "And Daddy told me about this morning." Leigh assures her Daughter "I'm fine." Sully asks her Mother "Are you going through menopause Mom?" Leigh's eyes widen, as she slaps her Daughter across the face, and backs up, and walks out." Sully walks into the Bedroom, as Jared rocks Ruthie, and Sully tells her Husband "Daddy's right. Something's off with Mom. I think it's menopause." Jared tells his Wife "Your Mom is usually very quiet and calm. She's really changed since Ruthie was born." Jared puts Ruthie in her bassinet, and holds his Wife, and reminds her "Your Mom was a model and she's about to be hitting the runway again Sully. She will make it through. Don't take her behavior to heart." Sully sighs, and tells Jared "I think I'm calling Marco and have him return. He may be able to help her, I will need help Jared. I don't know if I can manage Class, and being here for Ruthie." Jared assures her, with a kiss "You are your Father's Daughter, and he raised you by himself, and managed a major business. If he can do it, you can too, and you also have me." Sully kisses Jared, and holds onto him, as they look at their Daughter, as Ruthie sleeps in her bassinet.
   At the Hell Hill burial plot, Bobby, Xavier, Beth, Frank, Ava, Cale, Bree, Andy, Mary, and Willie stands at B.R.'s grave, and they begin the first task of Ruth's list, as each of them sprinkle a few ashes each on B.R.'s and Jack's graves. Gracie and Xavier Jr hang onto their Grandmother, as Beth cries, as does everyone else, as they all join in a hug, and Mary tells them "This is my last visit home. Ruth told me to do one more thing in my letter before I leave, and I also have to visit Rose." Willie asks Mary "The old home place?" Mary looks at Willie and asks "Did Ruth tell you the same thing?" Willie nods, and Mary sighs "It's been years since I've been there." Willie tells her "I rarely venture to the mill village much. It's sad to see." Mary looks at Willie, and tells her "It was our homes, and Wilburn stayed in the family home until he passed away." Willie sighs with sadness "Our old home was torn down a few years ago when the highway expanded, but the oak tree still stands." Mary and Willie hugs everyone, as they honor Ruth's requests, as Frank looks at Xavier, Cale, Ava, Bree, and Andy, and tells them "Mama didn't surprise me. I knew she would want this." Cale tells his Father "I'll call and order a plaque for the front of FJR." Xavier tells them "Grandma wants Leigh and I to sprinkle a few ashes on the lover's rock." Beth looks at Ava, Bree, and Andy, and they all respond "Looks like we are heading down the hill." Andy tells them "She used to love to stand on the bank and watch the creek." Everyone sheds a tear, Bobby tells them "It's just a shame Floyd isn't here." Ava responds "He is very lost right now with what happened to Clair. Ciarra's leaving to find him. I told her he was likely in Texas." Frank tells his Sister "There or in a bar fight somewhere." Bobby holds Floyd's small urn, and says to everyone "I'll hold onto this until he returns. Ruth had something for him to do as well." Beth asks "What was it?" Bobby responds "It's only for Floyd to know." Bobby tells everyone "Now let's all go and do as Ruth would want us to do, and move on." Xavier calls for his kids, as Gracie and Xavier Jr follows their Father, and Beth, Ava, Bree, and Andy heads down the hill towards the creek. Frank and Cale heads towards The Farm, as Frank tells his Son "Let's hold off on your assignment until the plaque arrives." Cale agrees. Xavier returns to the Main House, where Leigh sits inside, and Xavier tells his Wife "Let's head down to the rock and do this." Leigh looks at her Husband, and starts to cry, as she runs upstairs, furthering scaring Xavier, and he tells Gracie and Xavier Jr "I think we will do this on our own."
   Meanwhile at Russell's Loft, Russell has notified Bree and Andy on Summer, and they reply "We'll be there shortly." Russell responds "That's understandable." Russell makes a phone call to Cass, as he seeks information on Jake, and Cass, at City Hospital, tells Russell "We have no leads so far." Russell tells him "Find them and do your damn job." Cass hangs up, as he sits in Terrance's office, and Terrance tells Cass "Unity will be the place to find Jake." Cass sighs "I know." Terrance looks at Cass, and asks him "So let's discuss something?" Cass asks Terrance "About last night?" Terrance nods and asks Cass "Would you like to go to Jazz with me and have a drink later?" Cass looks at Terrance, and asks him "How would people react Terrance? We're in the South." Terrance grabs Cass' hand, and tells him "Who gives a damn Cass. I have learned since coming home, that times has changed, and people are more receptive than they used to be." Cass looks at Terrance and tells him "I am just scared. People will think I'm weak if they know I'm gay." Terrance looks at Cass, and tells him "Who gives a shit Cass? I used to, but don't worry about it. If we're going on a date, you need to get over your insecurity. You are DA." Cass looks at Terrance, as they stare into each other's eyes intently."
   At Wallace's Corporate Headquarters, Clayton stands outside Mona's office, as he gets a text from Rachel, that says "In motion." At The Exposer, Aretha sits inside her office, as Sayyid asks his Niece "I wonder where Eve went?" Aretha tells her Uncle "We know how she is. She is dead set on telling Andre the truth, and I have a feeling she's at Jazz." Sayyid rolls his eyes, as does Aretha. Meanwhile at Tenny's Penthouse, Tenny, Nathan, and Precious sits in the living room, as Tenny tells her Grandson "Rose was more quiet than usual." Nathan tells her "Mary's leaving town today and maybe that's bothering her." Tenny lights up a joint, as Nathan lights up a blunt, and Tenny tells her Grandson "I have a feeling something else has disturbed her." At Jazz, Rose sits at the bar, as she orders a glass of crown, and she receives a text, and shivers in fear. Meanwhile Andre walks out towards the bar, as Rachel approaches him, and Andre tells Rachel "So Nathan kicked you to the curb?" Rachel laughs "I'm free and single Andre. I have a deal for you. I will give you two nice gifts, cash, and sex, if you do something for me?" Andre nods as he accepts Rachel's proposal, and then Andre's eyes widen, as he goes "Woah! The Diva herself!" Rachel asks Andre "Are you high?" Eve taps Rachel on the shoulder, and Rachel turns around, and freaks out, as Eve smiles, and says to Rachel "Hello whore."
   Meanwhile Mary and Willie arrives at the Love Home Place, where Mary and Ruth grew up, and Willie walks to the oak tree next door, where Willie's childhood home once stood, as she takes a few ashes, and sprinkles them around the tree, as Mary notices Ruth's hand print in the sidewalk, leading to the steps of the abandoned home, and Mary cries, as she takes some of her Sister's ashes and spreads them around the sidewalk, as she has a flashback (Flashback: A young Mary, Ruth, Wilburn, Merlin, and Willie puts their hands into the fresh concrete, as Mary and Ruth's Father lays down the concrete for the sidewalk, and Ruth writes into the concrete with a stick "We are one.) At The Farm, Frank walks inside The Greenhouse, and sheds a tear, as he puts his Mother's small urn in the middle of the greenhouse and says wistfully "Now you will always be surrounded with beauty Mama." At FJR, Cale walks inside the shop, and the Team Director tells him "Here's the plaque." Cale carries the plaque, made of gold, outside the front door of FJR, and sprinkles a few of his Grandmother's ashes in the flowerbed by the entry, and places the plaque on top, as he bends down and kisses the plaque, and says with tears in his eyes "I love you Grandma." At Hell Hill, Beth, Ava, Bree, and Andy stands on the creek bank, as they all look at each other, with tears in their eyes, as each takes a few ashes from their urns, and they walk down the bank, as they sprinkle the ashes in the creek, as Ava says somberly "Mama will now be everywhere. Her love will flow forever. Meanwhile on Lover's Rock, Xavier, with Gracie and Xavier Jr at his side, takes his small urn, and puts a few ashes in Gracie and Xavier Jr's hands, and tells them "Your Grandma Ruth loved the two of you very much." Gracie looks at her Father and says "I miss MaMa." Xavier contains his composure, as he, Gracie, and Xavier Jr sprinkle the ashes around the rock, and a calm comes over Xavier, Beth, Ava, Frank, Cale, Andy, Bree, Mary, and Willie, as they feel Ruth's presence, and they turn around, but only hear Ruth's voice, as she says "I'm at peace now."
 
 

1 comment: