Thursday, October 10, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 227. Finding Out

   It's a cool morning in Adam's Landing, as the sky is dark, and at City Hospital, Beth sits in her office, as she stares into space, as she has a flashback to the night before, and looks over Ruth's Death Certificate, and Beth begins to cry uncontrollably. At Hell Hill, Xavier sits in his study, as he's silent and has some flashbacks and hears a voice that says "Don't shed tears for me." Xavier begins to tear up, and Leigh walks inside and grabs her Husband's hand and asks Xavier "This place feels so empty." Xavier is despondent, as he tells his Wife "All Grandma wanted was to see Uncle Floyd and Aunt Ciarra get married, and see Ava." Xavier starts to cry, as Leigh consoles Xavier and tells him gently "X, think of it like this, she doesn't have to suffer now. She's at peace, and she will always be watching over us." Xavier looks at Leigh, and cries "I expect her to come down that elevator at any moment. Leigh, she's gone. Damnit." Xavier and Leigh both cries, as they hold onto each other. At The Farm, Frank stands in his Greenhouse, as he looks at his Mother's flowers, and has a flashback as well, and he waters Ruth's flowers, as he cries and says somberly "I can't believe it Mama. I just can't believe it." At Whispering Hills, Ava sits in the living room, as she is silent, with pain and hurt on her face, as Maria walks in and asks Ava "Are you alright?" Ava turns to Maria, and doesn't say a word, as Maria starts to cry, and tells Ava "It's so hard to accept." Ava looks at her Cousin, and tells her in a distant tone "Clair should be sober, go release her. I want to be alone." Maria asks Ava "Are you sure?" Ava screams "I want to be by myself!" Maria walks away, as she heads across the road to release Clair, and Ava walks around her estate, and she comes across a photo of Ruth, and Ava holds the photo tightly, as Ava looks up, and asks "Why?"
   At Sully and Jared's Penthouse, Jared walks into the living room, as Sully is silent, and Jared asks his Wife "How are you doing?" Sully looks at her Husband, and tells him "I'm more worried about Grandma. She was so quiet last night. She isn't taking this well." Jared tells her "Beth didn't come home last night, and she hasn't called Tenny." Sully sees a card on the coffee table, and tells her Husband "I have to visit the OBGYN today. I think we can honor Grandma Ruth." Jared sits next to his Wife, as he puts his hand on Sully's stomach, and says "I think our baby girl will bring some light to everyone." Sully holds onto Jared, as she says "Little Ruthie will definitely bring some light to this family." Jared looks at Sully, as he says "I was thinking the same thing." Sully looks at Jared, as they sit next to each other, and she lays her head on his shoulder, as Jared holds his Wife.
  At Bree's Mansion, Bree sits in the living room, as Andy walks inside, and asks his Cousin "Is this real Bree? Is Grandma really gone?" Bree looks at Andy, and cries "It is. It's so hard to accept." Andy holds his Cousin, as he tells Bree "We need to stop crying. Grandma would kill us." Bree tells Andy "She was the only one besides Uncle Frank I had in this family to turn to. I feel alone now." Andy sighs, as he holds in his tears "I think Grandma's passing may bring all of us together. Daddy's gone and my Brother, and Aunt Jamie. Now Grandma." Bree tells Andy "I don't feel anything about Uncle Junior or Tommy, and Mom had it coming, but Grandma..she, she.." Bree cries, and Andy holds her, as he tells her "I think she was waiting for Ava. She was Grandma's favorite." Bree cries "Aunt Ava will need us. She left the hospital quickly after Aunt Beth told all of us." Andy tells Bree "Beth seemed distant too. I am concerned about her." Bree tells Andy "Aunt Beth and Grandma were very close. And she was the one who found her. Grandma did tell us she wanted her to watch over us. Aunt Beth is strong." Andy is silent, as he holds Bree, as both of them mourn the loss of their Grandmother.
  Meanwhile at Floyd and Ciarra's home at Whispering Hills, Floyd walks into the kitchen, as Ciarra cooks breakfast, and Floyd puts his arms around his Wife, and whispers "Good morning Mrs.Sullivan." Ciarra whispers back "Good morning to you too Mr.Jackson." Floyd kisses his Wife, as he asks Ciarra "I think you should make some breakfast for Ruth this morning when we visit." Ciarra tells her Husband "I can't believe how she and Tennessee bonded so quickly." Floyd laughs "They acted like best friends." Ciarra quips "Could have been the marijuana. They did sneak off." Floyd laughs "Ruth is full of surprises." There's a knock at the door, and Floyd tells his Wife "If it's a salesman, I'll run them off." Ciarra laughs "Do that." Floyd heads to the door, and answers it to find Tenny and Precious, as Floyd asks "Is this going to be normal now?" Tenny is silent for a second, as she looks at Floyd, and asks "I take it you don't know?" Floyd looks at Tenny, as Ciarra walks into the living room and sees her Sister, as Ciarra notices the look in Tenny's eyes and Tenny looks at them, as she tries to talk, and Floyd and Ciarra both ask her "What's wrong?" Tenny is silent, as she tells Floyd and Ciarra "Ruth passed away last night. Xavier called me last night." Floyd asks Tenny "Why wasn't we notified? We should have known." Ciarra holds her Husband, as Floyd starts to cry, and Tenny sits down, as Precious howls, and Tenny tells them "I don't think Ruth would have wanted the two of you to hurt. She was so happy for the two of you. She told me that last night, before I left." Floyd takes a deep breath, as he shakes his head in disbelief, and asks Tenny "So how is Beth holding up?" Ciarra asks the same question, and Tenny answers, with worry in her voice "I don't know. I called her and called her, but haven't gotten a response." Ciarra and Floyd holds onto each other, as Ciarra asks her Sister "How are you Tennessee? I know you and Ruth were becoming friends." Tenny laughs "We were always kindred spirits. We really bonded last night. But she isn't suffering now, and she's with J.D. and Jacob, and B.R.." Floyd holds in his tears, as he tells Ciarra and Tenny "I'm thankful Ruth didn't have to suffer. She stayed long enough to see Ava, and us. I reckon she was ready." Tenny holds Floyd's hand, as does Ciarra, as Tenny gently tells him "We are never ready. But I guess when our number's called, then we answer." Floyd breaks down, as Ciarra and Tenny console him, as Precious runs into the kitchen and whines and Tenny tells her Sister "Go feed that damn dog." Floyd breaks a laugh, as does Ciarra, as all of them heads into the kitchen, and Precious sits at the kitchen table, and growls, and they all have a laugh, as Floyd tells them "Ruth would want all of us to enjoy life, so that's what we're gonna do. Even if it's hard to do, it's what she would want."
   At The Farm, Frank stands in the Greenhouse, as Cale and Allison arrives, and Cale asks his Father "How are you holding up?" Frank turns to his Son, and Daughter In Law, and tells them, as he looks at the roses and all the flowers inside "I built this for Mama. She always loved flowers. This was one of her favorite places." Cale holds his Father, as Frank starts to cry, as he says "My Mama is gone. My Mama.." Cale and Allison consoles Frank, as he cries uncontrollably and Cale tells his Father "Grandma wouldn't want you to be crying." Frank looks at his Son, and somberly says "I know Son. But it's hard to accept that my Mama will no longer be here. Whenever I needed her, she was just a phone call away, and now she is gone. She is gone." Cale looks at his Father, and tells him "Dad, we're going down to FJR this morning. I called the paint shop and asked them to paint our cars white for the rest of the year. Grandma's name will be the only name on them." Frank looks at his Son, and tells him "She would be honored Cale. She loved racing, but she didn't like me driving. She always got on my ass whenever I got behind the wheel in the last few years." Allison tells him "She was only concerned about your safety. Mom worries about me driving after that wreck." Frank looks at his Daughter In Law, and tells her "At least you have a Mama. I don't. I feel alone now." Frank walks out of the Greenhouse, and walks inside with his head down, and Cale tells his Wife "Dad's having a hard time. I am scared for him." Allison tells her Husband "It's a good thing we live close by now. We will have to be there for him." Cale hugs Allison, and tells her "The next race is in Lafayette, and FJR will win! Go ahead and call the newspapers!"
   At The Evans Home, Willie sits in the living room, as she plays solitaire, and listens to Keith's last album, as she is quiet and says to herself "Ruth Jackson, I am about to beat you at blackjack today woman." Aretha walks downstairs, as she hears her Mother, and Rashad follows with Little Sidney, as Aretha asks her Mother "So are you going to visit with Ruth this morning?" Willie tells her Daughter "After I cook breakfast. She beat me at blackjack the last time we played, and you know we can't have that now." Mary knocks on the door, and Rashad answers as Mary looks at Rashad's Son, and smiles "He looks just like his Grandfather." Willie looks at Mary and asks "How's Ruth? Have you seen her this morning?" Mary takes a deep breath, as Willie notices hesitation on Mary's face, as does Aretha and Rashad, and Terrance walks inside, and he looks at his Mother, as tears begin to fall, and Willie gets up, and walks back and tells her Son, and Ruth's Sister with denial in her tone "No. Hell No. No No No." Terrance cries "Ruth passed away last night.." Willie screams "No Terrance! Ruth is alive! We have a rematch today." Mary walks over and gently tells Willie "Ruth went to be with the Lord." Aretha tries to console Willie, as Willie screams "Don't touch me. Ruth isn't dead. She's going to fight like hell. She will have a miracle! She will beat this!" Terrance and Mary both tell Willie "Ruth passed away in her sleep after the wedding last night." Willie falls to the floor, as she looks up and screams with grief in her voice "No. She can't be dead. My best friend can't be gone. Oh my God. Oh my God!" Terrance, Aretha, Rashad, and Mary holds Willie, as she slowly gets up and Mary starts to cry as well, and reminds Willie "Ruth wouldn't want us to do this Willie. You know that and I do as well." Willie cries "Ruth and I were sisters. We grew up together. Got in trouble together. She stood up for my family many times. I can't accept this." Aretha tells everyone "I am going to check on Ava. I know she's having a hard time with this." Rashad looks at his Grandmother, as Willie tells her Grandson "You go with your Mama. And take Little Sidney with you." Rashad hugs his Grandmother, as he tells her "I'm so sorry." Willie holds Rashad's hand, and he heads out behind Aretha, and Terrance tells his Mother "I'm headed to the hospital to check on Beth, and make sure everything goes smoothly. She isn't taking this well." Mary looks at Willie, and tells Terrance "I'm staying here. Tell Beth I am praying for her." Willie tells Mary "You need to be with your family.." Mary looks at Willie and says "I am with family." Willie holds onto Mary, as both of them mourn.
   Back at City Hospital, Beth sits in her office, and looks at her phone and notices many missed calls, and Beth throws her phone across the office, as she screams "I failed. Damn me!" Beth goes into a rage, as she begins to throw things across her office, as she screams in a blood-curling tone "I can't handle this. I don't want to!" A voice tells Beth "Stop it now!" Beth turns around, as she sees Ruth's spirit, and Beth cries "You're alive! I knew this was a bad dream." Ruth looks at Beth, and tells her "It's not a dream. I'm home Beth. Now you stop this and take care of yourself, and my family." Beth cries "I couldn't save you Ruth! I failed miserably." Ruth looks at Beth and tells her "You had no choice. You knew my time was near. He told me." Beth sees B.R.'s spirit appear, as he tells Beth "We are together now. And we will always be around." Beth covers her face, as B.R. looks at Ruth and asks her "There's some people waiting for you." Ruth holds B.R.'s hand, as Ruth's brothers, Wilburn and Merlin arrive, as both of them are holding a baby, and Ruth starts to cry, as does Beth, and Ruth holds her twins that she miscarried over 55 years ago, and she looks at Beth, and tells her "You pull yourself together Beth. I am free, and I will always be watching over you, and my family." Ruth, B.R., Wilburn, Merlin, and the twins disappear, as Beth sits at her desk, and cries. Xavier walks inside, and looks at his Mother, and Beth looks at her Son, as she runs to him, and Xavier consoles his Mother, and tells her "Sully is with the OBGYN, and Leigh's with her right now." Beth looks at her Son, and cries "I failed Xavier. I failed as a Doctor." Xavier sternly tells her "Mother, you should know that you can't control how things work out." Beth looks at Xavier, and tells him somberly "I know. I really feel like shit right now." Xavier tells his Mother "I think you need a distraction. Let's check on Princess. She has something to tell us." Beth holds Xavier's hand, as they head to the Outpatient Area.
   Meanwhile at Whispering Hills, Ava sits alone in the living room, as she takes a drink of liquor, and looks at her Mother's picture, as she holds Jack when he was born, and Ava is silent, as she holds her emotions in. Aretha, Rashad, and Little Sidney walks inside, and Ava turns around and tells them "I'm not in the mood now. Please leave." Aretha and Rashad somberly tells Ava "We are so sorry." Ava despondently tells Aretha and Rashad "None of you did anything wrong. Mama isn't here now. I was kept in that damn jail because of Winston's selfish desires and he kept me from my Mama. HE KEPT ME FROM HER!" Aretha looks at Rashad, and whispers "I think you should go back and check on Mama. Take Little Sidney with you." Rashad walks out, as Aretha sits next to Ava, and gently tells her "Ruth knew about Winston. She wanted to kick his ass over it." Ava looks at Ruth's picture, and then Jack's, as she opens her scrapbook, and tells Aretha "My Mama's gone, and so is Jack. Aretha, I never thought I would see the day I would be alone. Without anyone." Aretha puts her arm around Ava, as Ava shakes her off, and Aretha tells Ava "You have many people that are here for you." Ava looks at Aretha and says "I see you. Where's everyone at Aretha? Where are they?" Aretha reminds her "I imagine everyone is feeling down this morning. Mama isn't taking it well either. This is the time when you lean on the ones you love, and all of you get through this loss together. Don't lock yourself inside this house Ava. Let someone be there for you." Ava looks at Aretha, and tells her "I feel so lost." Aretha hugs Ava, and tells her "I know Ava. I know."
   At Floyd and Ciarra's Home, Maria arrives, as Floyd, Ciarra, Tenny, and Precious has breakfast, and Maria asks her Father "How are you holding up?" Floyd tells his Daughter "We're keeping on. It would be what Ruth would want." Tenny looks at Maria, and asks her "Is that bitch still locked in The Storm Shelter?" Maria asks "Which one?" Ciarra kicks Tenny, as she whispers "Tennessee, now isn't the time." Tenny looks at them and says "Ruth didn't start to go downhill until she had that accident. And Clair was driving that car. I'm not a Doctor, but it makes me think.." Floyd tells his Sister In Law "Helen died from Cancer also. She had an accident like Ruth did. And it wasn't long afterwards that she passed away. Clair wasn't even there." Tenny tells them "Clair has a spot on my shit list. I plan to talk to Beth and see if that car accident played a role in Ruth's passing. And if it was, then Clair will answer to me. That selfish bitch has kept so much from us." Maria looks at Tenny, and tells her "For the first time, I have to say I agree with you." Floyd tells them "I don't know what's her problem. But she kept Tenny and I from our Grandson, and I'll never forgive the fact she was never there for Helen. I wish sometimes she had stayed in California." Maria assures her Father "I am here for you Pop. And Clair and I will be having a talk. And she will see the light." Tenny looks at everyone, and tells them "I'm walking outside. Need to take my medicine." Tenny walks outisde, as Precious follows, and Floyd walks over and takes a drink of moonshine, as he is quiet, and Ciarra looks at Maria, and tells her "I think Tennessee's about to ignite a war." Maria looks at her Step-Mother, and tells her "I agree with Tenny." Outside, Tenny smokes a joint, and looks towards Ava's estate, and sighs "Ruth, I promised to watch after Ava. And I will do that. And I will make sure that if Clair caused this, she will pay."
   As The Jackson Family mourns, as does The Sullivans, and Evans, Bree sits in her Mansion and writes her Grandmother's obituary, with Andy's help. At FJR, Cale and Allison stands in the shop, as The Team Director tells them "Come to the fab shop and take a look." Cale and Allison walks inside, as the team has put Ruth's picture on the front of the FJR cars. Cale takes a picture, and sends it to Frank, who sits in his chair at The Farm, as he checks his phone and looks at the tribute, and cries. Frank looks up and says "Mama, I don't know how we will make it without you." At The Evans Home, Willie and Mary sits next to each other, as they go through photos of Ruth and Rashad walks inside with Little Sidney, and Willie tells Mary "I think we should play a hand of blackjack." Mary looks at Willie and tells her "I would be honored. I haven't played 21 since we were working in the fields." Willie deals the cards, and Mary tells Willie "19." Willie tells Mary "21." Mary laughs, as she tells Willie "You still know your cards." Willie sighs "This game won't be the same without Ruth. She was the only one that could beat me." At Whispering Hills, Ava sits in the living room, as Aretha sits next to her best friend, and Aretha gets a text from Bree, and shows it to Ava, and Ava continues to hold her emotions in, as she says in a somber tone "Put that on the front page of The Exposer." Aretha nods, and tells Ava, as she pulls out her laptop "I am." At City Hospital, Beth and Xavier walks inside Sully's room, as the OBGYN walks inside, and tells Sully, Jared, Leigh, Xavier, and Beth "Here's the ultrasound pictures. Ruthie Tennessee Hale is healthy, and she should be here very soon." Beth looks at her Granddaughter and tells her, as she tries to hold her tears inside "That's a beautiful name. I know Ruth and Mama will be honored." Leigh and Xavier holds onto each other, as they look up, as does Cale and Allison at FJR, Ava and Aretha at Whispering Hills, Tenny, Ciarra, Floyd, and Maria at Floyd and Ciarra's house at Whispering Hills, Frank at The Farm, as he stands inside the Greenhouse, Bree and Andy, at her Mansion, Willie, Mary, Rashad, and Little Sidney at The Evans Home, as a calm comes over them. Meanwhile Ruth arrives at the gates of Heaven with B.R., Merlin, Wilburn, and her twins, as the doors open, and they all walk inside, hand in hand.


1 comment: