Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 226. The Bells

   At Hell Hill, the home's filled, as Floyd stands across from Ciarra, as he holds her hand, as Andy looks at everyone and says "Tonight these two have decided to exchange vows and they wanted simplicity instead of a big wedding." Tenny laughs "With all the people in here, it sure is simple." Ciarra glares at Tenny, as Andy asks Floyd "Edward Floyd Jackson, do you take Ciarra Martin Sullivan, to be your wife, to have and to hold, to honor and love as long as you live?" Floyd looks at Ciarra and humbly says "I do." Andy turns to Ciarra, and asks her the same question, and Ciarra looks at Floyd, and says with content in her voice "I do."
Everyone watches on as the wedding takes place, Xavier and Leigh holds each other's hand, as does Sully and Jared. Ruth, Frank, Bree, and Ava watches on, as Ruth smiles as she whispers to her family "They are perfect." Willie, Aretha, Terrance, Sayyid, and Keith sits behind Ruth's family, as all of them are quiet. Tenny  watches on quietly, as she wipes a tear from her eye, and holds Beth's hand. Allan, Olivia, Cale, and Allison sits behind Xavier and Leigh, as they are quiet. Mary sits next to her Granddaughter Rose, and her partner Mandi, as Nathan sits on the back row, as Maria sits next to her nephew. Bobby and Country watches on,  and Andy hands the rings to Floyd and Ciarra and he asks them "Would the two of you like to exchange vows?" Ciarra and Floyd stare at each other for a moment, and both look at Andy and tells him "At our age, we'll pass on vows. We can't waste precious time." Everyone laughs, as Andy looks around and quips "Looks like these two are in a hurry." Andy looks around the living room, and asks "Are there anyone who has any objections to these two being joined in holy matrimony?" Everyone in the room is quiet, until someone walks inside and yells "I have an objection! I got many damn objections to this union!" Floyd and Ciarra, as does everyone else looks back, as Clair in a drunken state, yells "I won't bless this damn farce!" Maria and Nathan walks up to Clair, as Floyd rolls his eyes, as does Ciarra, as Ruth sighs "Shit." Ava gets up, as does Tenny, and Mary, as they walk back towards Clair, as Country warns her "Nobody will ruin this occasion." Maria looks at her Oldest Sister and snaps "You won't ruin this!" Clair looks at Maria, and slurs "Oh Maria Jackson, my Daddy's favorite." Nathan tells his Mother sternly "You need to leave and sober up." Mary is quiet, as Tenny glances at her and then slaps Clair across the face and yells "If you are here to crash my baby sister's wedding, then you take your drunk ass back to your room and visit that preacher." Ava looks at her Cousin, as Clair slurs "And what are you going to do to me Ava? Set me on fire?" Ava quietly snarls "Don't tempt me. Now get out." Ava, Maria, Nathan, and Country drags Clair out of Hell Hill, as Tenny snaps "You stay the hell away from my Sister you drunk! And go screw your reverend!" Mary sits back down, next to Rose, and cries. Everyone in the room has a look of disgust on their faces, as Floyd and Ciarra both roll their eyes and Floyd yells "Let's just get this over with!" Andy apologizes to everyone, and he looks at Floyd and Ciarra, and tells them "With the powers vested in me, by the Church, and State, I now pronounce you, man and wife. Kiss your bride Uncle Floyd!" Floyd wraps his arms around Ciarra, as they kiss, and everyone watches on. Meanwhile outside, Ava, Maria, and Nathan tries to keep Clair from coming inside, as Clair yells at them "How dare all of you support this!" Nathan rolls his eyes, as Maria and Ava restrain Clair, and Maria tells her Sister "I think it's too late for you to play martyr." Clair slaps Maria, and a fight begins, as Clair screams "The only person Daddy ever cared about was you!" Ava watches on, as Nathan tries to intervene and pleads with his Mother "You need to leave Mom." Maria punches Clair, and Ava pulls Nathan back and tells him "Let them fight this out. Go inside and I will keep an eye on this." Nathan hesitantly walks inside, as Ava watches Clair and Maria go at it.
   Meanwhile at Russell's Loft, Summer and Paul sits in the living room, as Russell walks inside, and tells his Daughter "We are leaving Adam's Landing." Summer asks her Father "Did Ava escape?" Russell nods, and tells Summer "I can't protect you here. I may lose my career over this." Paul asks Russell "Did my Father try to blackmail you?" Russell looks at Paul, and tells him "Bobby and Cass has something that can destroy me and my hopes of moving up in the political world." Summer looks at Paul, as he asks her "Where do you plan to go?" Summer yells "I'm not leaving Adam's Landing out of fear for that deranged bitch! She doesn't scare me!" Russell looks at his Daughter and snaps "Summer, you have no choice! It's been proven that Xavier and his family are the ones in this town that call the shots." Summer yells "I am related to them Daddy! I am Ruth's Granddaughter!" Paul looks at Summer and tells her "My Father seems more content on defending them, instead of defending the innocent victim, like you." Russell sighs "Bobby Whitten has always been on the wrong side of the law." Russell looks over to Summer, and reminds her "You may be related to the Jackson Family, but if we stay in Adam's Landing, you may very well end up like your Mom, and Uncle Brock, and Cousin Tommy. My life's at stake as well, but I want you safe and you are going to Capital City tomorrow!" Summer grabs Paul's hand, and yells "They won't run me out of town! I think I may take Rachel up on her offer." Russell asks "What offer?" Summer tells her Father "We are about to finish Mom's last wish, we're exposing those bastards!" Summer and Paul heads to her bedroom, as Russell shakes his head in disgust and sighs "Bad idea."
   At The Sunset Club, Winston and Fancy sits in the bar, as Fancy tells Winston "I was supposed to meet up with Desi tonight, and I haven't been able to get in touch with her." Winston takes a shot of liquor, and tells her "Mona called earlier and left you a message." Fancy gets her phone and listens, and yells "Damnit! She doesn't have no damn sense!" Winston holds Fancy's hand, and tells her "I think she's at Hell Hill. I know exactly where she is." Fancy looks at Winston and tells him "After today, we can't trust anybody here. It's been proven that the Jackson money still runs this town." Winston sighs with disgust "Xavier and his minions has tried to control this town, but he's forgetting something, I got some dirt." Winston pulls out some forms, and tells Fancy "We have all we need to destroy the evil empire." Fancy looks at the forms, as she tells Winston "I miss my Son. I don't know where he is, but I want to find him. At least know he's safe." Winston asks "Isn't Mona the one that's got the money?" Fancy looks at Winston, and whispers "There's ways of getting back my beloved Wallace's money. I'm playing Mona like a hand of cards. If she was smart, she would know what I'm doing. Never liked her in the first place." Winston tells Fancy "Xavier sent Wallace overseas. He did the same thing to Chant, and his own Brother. But he doesn't do the same place twice." Fancy takes a drink, and tells Winston "We need to find someone to work from within." Winston assures Fancy "I got everything you need to take them down. And with Ruth on her deathbed, it will be the perfect time to steal Jim's, and Foodstar from Jackson Inc. We will then have more power and leverage than Xavier. Just be patient. When Ruth dies, it will distract that entire family." Fancy laughs "I am counting the days." Fancy and Winston heads to her suite, as they call it a night.
   Back at Hell Hill, Floyd and Ciarra tells everyone "We don't intend to have a fancy reception. We're married now, and that's all we wanted to do." Tenny asks her Sister "I have one question, are you changing your last name?" Beth, Xavier, and the Jackson Family looks at Tenny, as Ciarra responds "Tennessee, I am keeping my last name. Floyd and I discussed that a long time ago when he proposed." Floyd looks at Tenny and tells her "Ciarra and I love each other, but we both still have a connection to our spouses." Ruth rolls over and asks Tenny "I want to ask you something." Ruth and Tenny goes outside, as Tenny pushes Ruth's wheelchair, and once outside, Ruth asks Tenny "Do you have some marijuana on you?" Tenny looks at Ruth, in shock, and goes "What are you talking about Ruth? Are you delusional?" Ruth quips "I know you smoke, and with this cancer, I hear it helps with pain." Tenny sits down, and pulls a joint from her Marijuana Pouch, and tells Ruth "I would be honored to smoke with you. My way of telling you thanks." Tenny lights up her joint, as she takes a toke and passes to Ruth, and Tenny tells Ruth "I want to thank you for being there for Beth all these years. You could have held a grudge, like I did towards your family, but you didn't. And I will never understand how you managed to deal with all you had to deal with. I wish I was half of what you are." Ruth coughs, as she takes a toke and quips "Damn that's strong!" Tenny advises Ruth "Don't smoke too much of it. Not everyone can smoke." Ruth laughs "I think you're right." Ruth looks at Tenny and tells her "Tenny, thank you for helping Ava get out of jail. I knew you had something to do with it." Tenny looks at Ruth, as she takes a toke, and holds her hand, and humbly tells her "I think of Ava like you think of Beth. She didn't deserve to be locked up." Ruth takes another toke, and asks Tenny "Would you watch over her for me? She will have a hard time when I die." Tenny tells Ruth gently "I will always watch out for her. Don't ever question that." Ruth starts to cry, as she confides "I am really not ready." Tenny takes a toke, and a deep breath, as she looks at Ruth, and tells her "Nobody's ready. But if you are worried about your family, don't be. My sweet Beth will take care of them, and Ciarra and I will also be here. It will be a challenge for me, but I will make damn sure Ava has someone to turn to." Ruth thanks Tenny, and they finish smoking, and Tenny pushes Ruth back inside, as Ruth asks "Where is Ava and Maria?" Tenny laughs "Likely dealing with that drunk daughter of Floyd's." Ruth sighs "I never liked her." Tenny quips "We have so much in common."
   Inside, Ruth and Tenny returns, as Keith sings a ballad called "Three Times A Lady", as Allan plays a piano, as Floyd and Ciarra dances together, as does Xavier and Leigh, Sully and Jared, Willie and Terrance,  Beth and Frank, Cale and Allison. Bree stands on the sideline, as she notices her Grandmother, and asks "You smell like marijuana Grandma. Did you just.." Ruth quips "Don't even start with me. Wasn't for Tenny, Ava wouldn't be out of jail." Bree looks at Tenny, and Bobby walks up and asks Bree "Want to dance? Beth's dancing with Frank." Ruth motions at her Granddaughter, as Bree dances with Bobby, and Ruth tells Tenny "I think I'm going upstairs and visit Gracie and Xavier Jr." Tenny and Ruth heads upstairs on the elevator. Meanwhile, Mary stands next to Rose and Mandi, and Rose asks her Grandmother "You act like you don't want to be here? Is it Tenny?" Mary looks at her Granddaughter, and tells her "Rose, I would rather not talk about it." Mandi tells them "I read a story in The Exposer on Clair Feldman and a Reverend from Unity. I knew that bastard was a hypocrite. From the first time he ever preached on TV." Mary glares at Mandi, and takes a deep breath, as she walks out and Rose asks "Where are you going?" Mary tells her "I need to check on your Grandpa." Mary leaves, and Rose sees Aretha, and walks up to her and asks "What did you write to upset my Grandmother?" Aretha looks at Rose and tells her "Is Mary your Grandmother?" Rose nods, and Aretha advises Rose "If I were you, I'd call my Mama and check on her. And be there for Mary. Your Father isn't no reverend. And with the information I have, it's going to further damage your family." Rose asks Aretha "For Grandma, please don't publish anything else about my Father." Aretha is quiet and walks away, as she says to herself "Sorry Rose. I can't do that." Meanwhile, Nathan stands next to Olivia, as she asks him "Where is your Mom?" Nathan sighs "I have no clue." In The Storm Shelter, Ava looks at Desi, and laughs "It looks like you have a visitor." Maria looks at her Sister, as Clair snaps at Maria "I hate you." Maria quips "Feeling's mutual." Desi yells at Ava "You need to release me from here you psycho!" Ava ignores Desi, as she turns towards her Cousin, as Maria warns Clair "If we let you go, you need to stay the hell away from Pop and Ciarra. If you dare try to break their happiness up, you will answer to me!" Ava quips "I second." Clair snaps at Maria "Screw you. I hate the Sullivans, and Daddy isn't so perfect. He may have been there for you Maria, but he wasn't there for me!" Maria slaps her Sister, as her anger continues to grow, and snaps "You made me miss Pop's wedding and you just stay down here until you can get your head out of your ass!" Country walks inside and tells Ava and Maria "I'll take it from here." Ava and Maria heads up the hill, as Country looks at Desi, and Clair, and laughs "Looks like you two have royally screwed yourselves."
   Back at Hell Hill, a few hours has passed, and the reception has winded down, as Sayyid walks up to Keith, and hugs his Son, telling him "I'm glad you are here my Son." Willie comes downstairs, and tells Aretha and Terrance "Ruth's went to sleep. Let's go home." Willie, Aretha, and Terrance heads out, as does Keith and Sayyid. Floyd and Ciarra sits on the couch, as Tenny comes downstairs and Beth asks her Mother "I noticed you and Ruth were buddy buddy." Tenny tells Beth "Write her a script Beth. I think marijuana would help her." Beth nods, as Tenny calls for Precious, and they head for the Penthouse. Leigh meanwhile visits with Sully and Jared, as they have come downstairs from the nursery, and Sully asks her Mother "Where's Daddy?" Allan tells them "Xavier and Bobby's talking to Nathan right now." Sully tells her Husband "I'm getting tired." Leigh hugs her Daughter and Son In Law, and tells them "Go home and rest. X and I will be over tomorrow." Sully and Jared heads out. Meanwhile, Frank, Bree, Cale and Allison visits with Olivia, as Beth walks over with Floyd and Ciarra, and Beth tells them "I'm going to make Ruth's days as comfortable as possible. Mama told me that she smoked with her earlier.." Frank rolls his eyes and sighs "Damn Tenny." Bree tells her Uncle "Grandma seemed to feel good." Beth and Olivia both tells them "Marijuana is used often as a means to numb pain." Frank takes a deep breath, and tells Beth "At this point, I  won't put up a fight. If it helps Mama, then that is all that matters." Ava and Maria walks inside, as Ava walks up, as Maria looks at her Father, and Ciarra and hugs them. Floyd asks Maria "Where's Clair?" Ava quips "She's getting sober." Floyd responds "I take it she's down the hill?" Maria and Ava both nod, as Floyd holds Ciarra, and tells them "After that scene she pulled, it may do her good." Floyd and Ciarra heads out, as Beth hugs them and tells them "It was absolutely beautiful." Ciarra and Floyd looks at Beth, and both of them agree, as they head across the road, as Ava and Maria follows, as Maria tells Ava "I'll stay with you. Give Pop and Ciarra some quiet time." Ava tells her "Come on." In Xavier's Study, Xavier and Nathan finalizes the deal for the Warehouse in Downtown Adam's Landing, and Nathan reads over the deal and Xavier warns Nathan "Don't get too close to Rachel Lane." Nathan looks up, and asks Xavier and Bobby "Is this what the stipulation means in the deed?" Xavier nods, as he warns Nathan "Rachel is out for herself, and she only cares about money. Be careful Nathan." Nathan assures Xavier "I will." Nathan heads out, as he goes to his Suite. Xavier and Bobby walks out, and Xavier asks his Wife, and Mother "Where is everyone?" Beth tells her Son "Everyone has went home." Xavier looks at Leigh, as they head upstairs, and Bobby kisses Beth and tells her "I'm heading home." Beth tells him "This was very nice. It seems unreal." Bobby agrees, as he walks out and Beth heads upstairs. She walks down the hall, and goes into Ruth's bedroom, and Beth walks over and checks Ruth's pulse, and looks at Ruth, as there's a smile on her face, and Beth falls to the floor and cries, as she lays her head on Ruth's chest, as Ruth has passed away.

1 comment: