Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 230. Hanging On

  As night descends on Adam's Landing, at Hell Hill, Xavier walks out of his study, as he tells Leigh "Mother isn't answering her phone." Leigh asks Xavier "Didn't you say she went with Tenny earlier?" Xavier nods, and responds "Mother's having a rough time with Grandma's death. I am beginning to worry." Leigh hugs Xavier, and assures him "Beth wouldn't miss Ruth's Funeral X. She will be here." Xavier looks at Leigh, and tells her "I'd love to believe that, but she's in denial, and she's trying to avoid anything that confirms the reality. I did that as well when I thought you had died." Leigh tells her Husband "Let's go upstairs, and call it a night X. Tomorrow's a huge day." Xavier sighs "It's going to be hard my love. Very hard." Xavier and Leigh heads upstairs, as they call it a night.
  Across the road at Whispering Hills, Ava sits in her living room, as she says to herself "I've dreaded this day my entire life." Ava takes a drink from her liquor bottle, as her phone rings, and it's Bree, and Ava doesn't answer the phone. At Bree's Mansion, Bree looks at her Cousin, and tells Andy "Aunt Ava put up a good front, but she isn't handling this well." Andy tells Bree "I don't think anyone is handling this well. Tomorrow's going to be so hard. Delivering an eulogy for the woman who was like a Mom to me." Bree looks at Andy, and asks "Do you ever hear from her?" Andy looks at Bree, and tells her "No. She left the country after Dad took out a bounty. I don't know if she knows he's dead." Bree tells Andy "I'm sure she would know by now." Andy sighs "She may know, but she won't ever return to Adam's Landing again." Bree looks at her Cousin, and tells him "We will all have to be there for each other. It's all we can do. At least for Grandma's sake." Country walks inside meanwhile, and asks his Daughter "How are you holding up?" Bree looks at her Father, and tells Country "The best I can I guess. It's very hard to accept." Andy looks at Country, and asks him "Do you live here too?" Bree tells her Cousin "Dad's a drifter. He stays here or at Hell Hill." Andy rolls his eyes and asks Country "Still doing the family's dirty work?" Country laughs "Yep. But Sayyid Ross is a huge help." Andy asks "Sayyid Ross?" Country nods, and tells Andy "That's right. I have nothing on him. He and X both have ice in their veins." Andy looks at Bree, and Country and tells them "Xavier is very cold. He makes Grandpa look like a saint." Country warns Andy "Don't start changing your tune Andy. I am loyal to X, and he would be disappointed to hear what you said." Bree looks at her Father, and warns him, and Andy "Now's not the time to cast judgement. Aunt Ava killed my Mom, and Xavier killed Junior. It's in the past, where it needs to stay." Andy looks at Bree, and replies "You're right." Country hugs his Daughter, and tells her "I'm heading to my room. Night." Country heads off, as Andy looks at Bree, as she asks him "Shouldn't you rest for tomorrow?" Andy looks at Bree and tells her "I have to finish this first." Bree heads to her bedroom, as Andy works on the eulogy for his Grandmother's funeral.
   Meanwhile at Allan and Olivia's Home, Allan walks inside, as Olivia yells "Daddy?" Allan asks "You've never called me Daddy before?" Olivia hugs Allan, and laughs "Daddy's supposed to be here shortly. He's going to be in Adam's Landing for Ruth's Funeral." Allan tells Olivia "I know one person who won't be there." Olivia sighs "Beth." Allan nods, and tells her "Mama told me she went to Blue Ridge. I'm worried about her. She's not herself." Olivia reminds Allan "You know Ruth was like a Mother to her. It's probably hit her pretty hard. She's likely angry at herself and I can certainly understand. It's happened to me many times as a Doctor. We think we can save lives, and then we find out we're mere mortals, and it bruises our egos." Allan pulls out a joint, and sighs "There's more than that. She found her, like Mama found Daddy when he died. Mama came home from work, and found him in the den. My Sister doesn't show her emotions much, and Ruth Jackson's death has really gotten to her." Olivia tells Allan "It's gotten to everyone in town with any conscience. She was beloved in this town." A voice walks through the door, and says "Adam's Landing will never be the same without Ruth." Olivia yells "Daddy!" Allan puts his joint in his pocket, as Davis Lane walks inside and hugs his Daughter, and Allan, and asks Allan "I see the two of you are still in one piece? And your hair is gone?" Allan tells Davis "That's a long story." Olivia asks her Father "How was your flight?" Davis tells his Daughter "It was well, but it's just sad that I'm here to say goodbye to Ruth. She really meant a lot to Adam's Landing. She pushed down many barriers." Olivia laughs "I remember  you telling me years ago, at Lane's  when that racist started yelling at Willie, and Ruth attacked him." Davis holds his Daughter and laughs "Nobody crossed Ruth, and if you did, you regretted it." Olivia laughs "She and Willie were very close. Terrance told me she wasn't handling this well." Davis responds "I imagine she isn't. Those two were like sisters and whenever Ruth needed Willie or vice versa, you best stay out of the way." Davis changes subjects and asks his Daughter "So I hear Desi and Rachel are back in town?" Olivia takes a deep breath and quips "Unfortunately. I just hope they don't know you're here." Davis assures Olivia "I don't talk to her or Rachel. I just worry she'll show up tomorrow at Ruth's Funeral. If she does, Hell Hill will live up to it's name." Olivia and Allan both respond "Xavier's going to have that place secure. She won't be there to make Ruth's funeral into her pity party." Davis sighs "I sure hope so. I'm heading upstairs to settle in and rest." Davis hugs Olivia, as he heads upstairs, and shortly afterwards, Allan and Olivia follow, as they call it a night.
   At Sully and Jared's Penthouse, Sully walks out of the bedroom, as she tells her Husband "Our little girl's fiesty tonight." Jared tells Sully "There's some pizza in the kitchen from earlier." Sully heads to the kitchen, as there's a knock at the door, and Jared answers and yells "What in the hell are you doing here?" Winston walks inside, and asks his Grandson "I smelled pot. Is Sully getting high in here? Or is it that bat across the hall?" Sully walks into the living room, and yells at Winston "Get out of this house before you regret it you bastard!" Winston looks at Sully, and quips "You should lay off the pizzas, you're getting fat." Sully gets angry and screams "Who in the hell are you calling fat! I am pregnant and.." Winston quips "Carrying my Great-Grandchild. How I hope he or she follows my shining example." Jared points at the door, and angrily tells his Grandfather "You get your ass out of here and don't come back. You aren't welcome here." Winston looks at his Grandson and sighs "Oh how I wish you would live up to your last name. Such a shame you have it. I should have left you with that crazy ass bitch you call Mom." Jared snaps "If you don't leave, I will call the ALPD!" Winston laughs "So Xavier hasn't hired you an enforcer? You really are weak." Sully warns Winston "If you don't leave, I'll call Daddy." Winston looks at Sully, and tells her "Your Father doesn't scare me. But he should be scared of me." The door opens, as Winston feels a bite, and kicks Precious, as Tenny asks Winston "You must have a death wish?" Winston yells "I'll kill that mangy ass dog Tenny! And I'm here to talk my Grandson into showing loyalty to his name, so go back across the hall, and smoke your brains out you demented old bitch." Jared gets his phone out, as Sully gets angry, and Tenny tells her Great-Granddaughter "Go to sleep sweetie. I'll handle Winston. I don't want you to stress over this." Tenny tells Jared "Put the phone down and take care of Sully." Jared is uncertain, and Tenny pulls out her pistol, and quips "I've gotten my aim down. No need for police." Winston warns Tenny "You don't want to test me. I already got enough to destroy Jim's, Foodstar, and..." Tenny slaps Winston and asks him "Would you like to tell Sully about what you told Ava? Floyd told me you tried to convince her to kill herself." Winston denies it, as Sully walks inside, and slaps Winston forcefully, and yells "Leave my Aunt alone! And get out of here! NOW!!!" Winston laughs "Oh none of you know what's coming. It's better that way. Give Xavier my condolences, not for Ruth, but for Jackson Inc." Winston limps out, as Precious growls and snarls, and Sully shrieks "God! That old man really pisses me off!" Tenny assures Sully and Jared "He only blowing smoke. That man's one sick bastard." Sully and Jared agree, and Sully changes subjects, and asks her Great-Grandmother "So where's Grandma? Daddy and Mom are getting worried." Tenny tells Sully "She left town.  I was sworn to secrecy." Sully looks at her Great-Grandmother and warns her "She's in charge of Grandma Ruth's estate Gran." Tenny looks at Sully, and tells her "Beth's not able to be in charge right now and I will be at the Funeral tomorrow for my sweet Beth. I'm heading across the hall now. Get some rest." Tenny and Precious walks out, and Sully yells "I know where Grandma is. She's in Blue Ridge." Tenny looks at Sully, and responds "Don't tell your Father or any of Ruth's kinfolk like Frank." Tenny and Precious leaves, and Sully looks at her Husband, and tells him "Grandma needs to be here." Jared holds Sully, and tells her "Maybe she will surprise us. Let's go to bed. It's going to be a long day tomorrow. And I have a bad feeling about it." Sully looks at Jared, and kisses him and responds "I hope you're wrong." Jared looks at Sully and tells her "I hope I am too."
   At The Sunset Club, Keith and Sayyid has dinner as Nathan walks up to Sayyid and notices Keith, and asks Sayyid "I didn't know you knew Keith Ross?" Sayyid tells Nathan "Keith's my Son. He is somebody else that was screwed over by Clint Feldman." Keith looks at Nathan and tells him "Word on the street is that you now own Nationwide Records." Nathan nods, and tells Keith "I do thanks to J.B.." Keith quips "J.B. Brown's one of the music industry's greatest mysteries." Nathan responds "He will remain a mystery. He's done with music." Sayyid notices Andre standing next to Nathan, and asks him "So who's your friend?" Andre looks at Sayyid and says with awe in his voice "You are my hero Mr.Ross. I've watched your documentary over and over." Sayyid looks at Andre and tells him "I'm proud of what I did for our people. But don't fight unless it's just." Andre is awestruck, as Nathan introduces his friend to Sayyid and Keith and Keith gives Andre a dismissive look as he asks "Andre Parks? I heard your name before." Andre tells Keith "I know you're sleeping with my ex. That singer, Cassandra Fields." Keith laughs "Yeah. And she has a real man now instead of a thug like you." Andre gets angry, as he yells "Who in the hell are you calling a thug?" Sayyid gets up, and looks at his Son, and Andre, and tells both of them "Chill out." Nathan tells Andre "Let's go back to my suite and smoke." Keith yells "Go do that Andre. Hopefully you will become a man someday." Andre glares angrily at Keith, as he follows Nathan, and Sayyid is quiet, as he watches Andre, and asks Keith "So you're moving on I see?" Keith tells his Father "I've found myself a good woman in LA." Sayyid asks Keith "And she's old enough to be your Daughter? I watched the show Son." Keith tells his Father "Age isn't nothing but a number, and Cassandra's my opening act for my tour." Sayyid advises his Son "Don't grow too attached. I'm going home. Tomorrow is Ruth's Funeral and Willie will need all of us." Keith tells his Father "I'm leaving town in the morning. Since everything's done regarding Jazz, I need to get back to work." Sayyid tells Keith "Your Aunt will need you. Family is the most important thing." Keith tells his Father "The most important thing to me is my career. And give my regards to Aunt Willie." Keith heads to his Suite, as Sayyid heads out, and says to himself "He looked very familiar."
   Meanwhile at Floyd and Ciarra's Home at Whispering Hills, Floyd, Ciarra, and Maria has dinner, as there's a knock at the door, and Maria answers the door and a man asks Maria "Does Floyd Jackson live here?" Maria nods, and asks the man "And who are you?" The man tells Maria "I'm his Son." Floyd walks into the living room and sees his son, Rudolph (Rudy) Jackson for the first time in over 20 years, and hugs him and asks Rudy "When did you get in town?" Rudy tells his Father "I read about Aunt Ruth's death, and figured it was time to come home." Ciarra walks into the living room, as Floyd introduces Ciarra to his Son, and Rudy tells Ciarra "Take care of my Father. He needs to be kept grounded." Ciarra assures Rudy "He's well taken care of." Maria agrees, as she tells her Brother "I don't think we ever met." Floyd introduces Maria to Rudy, and Rudy hugs Maria, and tells her "Pop wrote me often and told me about you. I'm glad you took care of him." Maria tells him "It was hard work. Pop is a hard man to keep track of." Rudy asks Floyd "So you still avoid technology I see?" Floyd tells his Son "Like the damn plague." Ciarra asks Rudy "So where are you staying since you're in town?" Rudy tells them "I'm staying at the Holiday Motel in town." Floyd tells his Son "You cancel that room and stay here instead. We have a lot to catch up on." Rudy tells his Father "We most certainly do. I read about Clair and Lynn Caswell." Maria rolls her eyes, as does Ciarra, as Floyd asks Rudy "Mary's Son Lynn?" Rudy looks at his Father, and asks "Don't you read The Exposer? They've been one of the top stories. I can imagine Mary's having a hard time with it since Lynn is the head pastor of that church she and Miles built in Unity." Floyd tells his Son "Clair's in town and we don't talk. I haven't even seen Nathan that much." Rudy asks "Nathan?" Floyd tells Rudy "Her Son." Rudy tells everyone "Clair changed after marrying Feldman. He brainwashed her." Maria quips "That explains why she's such a bitch." Floyd tells Maria "Do me a favor and try to keep peace tomorrow at Ruth's Funeral. I don't want no fighting or drama going on." Ciarra tells everyone "I doubt she will even show up." Rudy responds "I don't know my Sister anymore. I don't know what to expect out of her these days." Rudy heads to the door, and Floyd asks his Son "Where are you going?" Rudy tells his Father "Going to check out of my room. I'm staying here while I'm in town." Floyd tells his Son "I'm glad you're here Rudolph." Rudy looks at Maria, and Ciarra, and tells his Father "I am too Pop." Rudy leaves, and Floyd tells Maria and Ciarra "I think I'm calling it a night. I think I need to get as much rest as possible. Tomorrow will be a hard day." Floyd heads to his room, as Ciarra tells Maria "Rudy seems to be hiding something." Maria tells Ciarra "He seems normal to me, but as for Clair, she best hope I don't see her. Pop wants peace, but I can't make any promises." Ciarra sighs "I just hope that tomorrow goes smoothly. I hope Beth comes home soon." Maria looks at Ciarra, and tells her "I think she will. Where is she?" Ciarra looks down, and sighs "I don't know."
    At The Farm, Frank, Cale, and Allison works diligently to prepare Ruth's floral arrangements for tomorrow's Funeral, as they work into the midnight hours inside the Greenhouse. At The Evans Home, Sayyid returns, as the house is empty, as Willie, Aretha, and Rashad has retired for the evening, and Sayyid sits on the couch as he continues to think about meeting Andre earlier, and Sayyid says to himself "There's a connection there." At  The Sunset Club, Nathan and Andre sits in his Suite, as they smoke a blunt, and Andre tells Nathan something, which shocks Nathan, and he asks Andre "You're joking right?" Andre pulls out a piece of paper, and tells Nathan "Does this look like a joke?" Nathan says to Andre, with his jaw dropped "Damn." Meanwhile at Tenny's Penthouse, Tenny sits in the living room, and calls Beth, and asks her Daughter "Are you alright sweet girl?" Beth, at The Sullivan Estate in Blue Ridge, tells her Mother "I'm alright Mama. The homeplace is beautiful. Floyd did a wonderful job on the restorations." Tenny tells Beth "I need to come to Blue Ridge soon and visit. Ruth's Funeral is tomorrow, are you coming back for it?" Beth tells her Mother "I can't Mama. I need some time to accept everything." Tenny tells her Daughter in a gentle tone "Take care of yourself my sweet Beth, and I'll go to Ruth's Funeral and explain everything to everyone." Beth tells Tenny "I have a letter written in my office at City Hospital. Read it to everyone for me." Tenny tells her "I will do that. Mama loves you." Beth tells her Mother "I love you too and watch after my family." Tenny tells Beth "I will." Tenny hangs up the phone, as she says to herself "Poor Beth. Nobody needs to give her grief tomorrow." Tenny looks at Precious, and tells him "You might need to do what you did earlier." Meanwhile in Blue Ridge, Beth sits in the living room of Tenny and J.D.'s mansion, and cries uncontrollably, as she mourns Ruth, and she says somberly "How can I take care of everyone when I couldn't save Ruth. How?"
   

1 comment:

  1. POOR BETH ! MY HEAD IS SPINNING TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH EVERYONE ! WILL BE GLAD WHEN SOME OF THEM ARE GONE ! LOL

    ReplyDelete