Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 234. Right On Time

   It's a chilly autumn morning in Adam's Landing, and at Sully and Jared's Penthouse, Jared sits in the living room, as he holds Gracie, as Sully comes out of the bedroom, with Xavier Jr, and tells her Husband "I think we could have twins Jared. It'd be better than having one child." Jared looks at his Wife, and laughs "I think we'll stick with one for now. What possessed you to volunteer to watch your Brother and Sister?" Sully tells Jared "I thought we could get some experience before Ruthie arrives." Jared asks his Wife "If you wanted experience, then we should have just watched one. We're not having twins." Sully kisses her Husband, and tells him "Twins do run on Daddy's side of the family." Jared sighs "I'll keep that in mind." Sully asks Jared "So how's Winston?" Jared turns to Sully, and tells her "He has a brain tumor and his odds aren't in his favor. Especially with Ava being in charge." Sully laughs "Winston will regret ever pissing her off. I'd sure hate to know she held my life in her hands, and I was on her shit list." Jared reminds her "You mean hit list Sully. Your family has two lists." Sully quips "I think they are one in the same." Sully's phone rings, and she answers as it's Leigh, and Leigh asks her Daughter "Did they exhaust you sweetie?" Sully tells her Mother "Not really. Jared on the other hand, he had a hard time." Leigh tells Sully "X's went to City Hospital this morning, and I'm on my way over to pick up Gracie and Xavier Jr." Sully hangs up, and tells Jared "Mom's on her way over. Maybe today you can rest." Jared quips "There's no rest for me right now. Grandfather's possibly on his deathbed, and I have Jackson Inc to keep safe from vultures." Sully kisses Jared, and tells him "The vulture's in City Hospital in ICU, and Fancy's off in Europe trying to find her Son. I don't think Daddy would be pissed if you stayed out." Jared puts his arm around Sully, and tells her "I think I will take the day off." Sully smiles, as she puts her head on Jared's shoulder, and softly tells him "Soon, we'll have our own family. You, me, and our little girl." Jared kisses Sully, and smiles, as he responds "It's what I've always wanted."
   At City Hospital, Winston lays in his Hospital Bed, as Ava sits by his bedside, and takes a drink from her flask, as she quips "Maybe Xavier knows how to silence your ventilator. I'll ask him when he stops by to chat." Winston lays in the bed unconscious, as he's in a coma." Meanwhile Xavier walks inside his Mother's office, as Terrance and Olivia are inside, and tells them "Mother's on her way home. I sent a jet to Blue Ridge and she should be home this evening." Terrance asks Xavier "So who's in charge now?" Xavier looks at Terrance, and asks him "Mother is in charge of City Hospital Terrance. You're 2nd in command." Olivia tells Xavier "According to this letter, Beth resigned." Xavier reads the letter, and Terrance tells him "Tenny told me to ignore it and see if she will return. It isn't like your Mother to do this." Xavier looks at Terrance and Olivia, and tells them "My Mother's not well right now. Bobby's with her, and he's keeping me posted on things. I want the two of you to run City Hospital until my Mother can return." Terrance asks Xavier "Do you think she'll want to stay CEO of City Hospital?" Xavier assures him "This hospital means the world to Mother, as does saving lives. Once she gets through Grandma's death, she should return. Just give her time." Xavier walks out, as Terrance tells Olivia "We're about to really be tested. Winston's in the ICU, and Clair's barely alive." Olivia asks Terrance "Wasn't that doctor supposed to start today?" Terrance responds "They've already started." Olivia tells him "Maybe she can help us out. She's one of the top doctors in the state." Terrance looks at Olivia, and tells her in a tone of uncertainty "Something's off with her. I think we need to monitor her closely." Olivia tells Terrance "I will do that." Terrance and Olivia heads out, as Terrance heads to Clair's room, as Olivia gets a phone call from her Father, as Davis tells her "I'm back home." Olivia tells her Father "I hate it you had to leave so soon Daddy." Davis tells her "With Desi and Rachel in town, I wasn't going to stay any longer than I had to." Olivia quips "I certainly understand." Olivia hangs up the phone, as someone walks up and asks her "Where's Clair Feldman's room?" Olivia asks the person "Are you related to her? She was stabbed last night and only family's allowed inside." The person tells Olivia "I'm her physician and I am working here temporarily." Olivia tells the woman "What's your name?" The woman tells Olivia, and she tells her "Clair's down the hall. Just page me or Terrance if you need any help." The woman smiles, and tells Olivia "I won't need any help." The woman walks away, as Olivia says to herself "She's creepy."
   Meanwhile in Clair's room, Nathan sits by his Mother's side, as Clair asks her Son, as she wakes "When did you arrive?" Nathan tells his Mother "I came when Grandpa called me last night." Clair, in a weakened tone, asks Nathan "Daddy was worried about me?" Nathan looks at his Mother, and tells her "He's very concerned. He was here until I arrived, and he left." Clair rolls her eyes, and tells her Son "I guess Ciarra needed some attention." Nathan tells his Mother, with frustration in his voice "Mom, he went to pay the Reverend a visit this morning." Clair gets angry, as she yells at Nathan "Lynn didn't stab me. And it's too damn late for my Daddy to play hero!" Nathan gets up, and looks at his Mother, and angrily tells her "I am so damn sick of you playing victim Mom. Ever since you've come to Adam's Landing, you have went off the deep end. I don't even know you anymore." Clair yells at Nathan "I have a life Nathan, and I intend to enjoy it. Lynn and I have always loved each other! He's more of a man than Allan or Clint could ever say for themselves." Nathan sighs with disgust "I need to head down to my new office." Clair yells for Nathan as he walks out, but Nathan ignores his Mother." Meanwhile outside Clair's room, the doctor stands and says to herself "This only gets easier."
  Down at The Sunset Club, Lynn walks into the lobby, as he heads up to the bar, and Floyd walks up to Lynn, and Lynn goes "Floyd! I haven't seen you in how long, 40 years?" Floyd punches Lynn in the mouth, and picks him up and yells "What in the hell did you do to my daughter you son of a bitch?" Lynn, scared for his life, tells Floyd "I swear I had nothing to do with it. I'm just as upset as you are." Floyd yells at Lynn "I've never liked your ass, even when you were a kid. I always saw behind that fake smile, and saw the smart ass brat you really were! You're nothing but a lying, two faced bastard, and to know you are a preacher, just makes me sick." Lynn pushes Floyd back, and tells him "You have no room to judge me you old bastard, and Clair and I have caught up. You should be ashamed of yourself Floyd!" Floyd looks at Lynn, as he's puzzled, and asks "And what in the hell should I be ashamed of? I'm not a preacher  that's sleeping around on his Wife and stealing funds from the church." Lynn laughs "So you can read now? That's good. Ever considered reading the bible? Wait, too many words, maybe a children's book?" Floyd attacks Lynn, as he knocks him to the floor, and Floyd kicks him in his side, and yells "I'm about to stomp your ass boy. I don't play this shit with anyone!" Mary and Rose meanwhile come off the elevator, and they witness Floyd and Lynn's fight, and Mary yells at Floyd "Stop it! Just stop!" Floyd turns to Mary, and looks at Lynn, and kicks him one more time, as he pulls Lynn up, and tells him "Be thankful your Mama stopped me Lynn. If you come around Clair again, I'll do more than indent my boot in your side!" Floyd walks away, and Rose laughs at her Father "About time somebody kicked your ass!" Lynn snaps at his Daughter "Get lost!" Rose quips "Gladly." Rose walks off, and Mary asks her Son "Are you alright?" Lynn yells at his Mother "I am fine!" Lynn walks away, as Mary wipes a tear from her eye, as she says to herself "What happened to you Lynn?" Mary gets a phone call from Andy, and Andy tells his Great-Aunt "I've made my decision. Meet me at Chantel's." Mary heads over to meet Andy, and she sends a text, and responds "I think he's accepting."
   Meanwhile at Jackson Inc, Ciarra sits in her office, as she checks Emery's sales report, and Tenny and Precious walks inside, as Tenny asks her Sister "Shouldn't you and Floyd be heading off on a honeymoon?" Ciarra tells Tenny "We have one planned to Texas, but we're not leaving until Beth returns." Tenny sits at Ciarra's desk, and sighs "Beth will be home today. I just talked to her and she and Bobby were at the airport." Ciarra looks at Tenny, and asks "Bobby? Bobby Whitten?" Tenny nods, and laughs "My sweet Beth has finally found a man that's a keeper. Bobby went to Blue Ridge and took care of her. More than I can say for Frank." Ciarra is taken back, and goes "I wouldn't have thought Beth and Bobby were seeing each other." Tenny looks at Ciarra, and tells her "You should be paying closer attention. Those two have been close for some time. I hope they marry. I can finally have a Son In Law that I could invite to family functions, and he isn't a Jackson. Makes my heart skip a beat." Ciarra rolls her eyes, as she warns Tenny "I hope you're not about to start Tennessee." Tenny tells her Sister "I have no problems with the Cowboy. Only with Frank." Ciarra tells Tenny "I think you shouldn't even be worried about him since Beth's moved on." Tenny sighs "Frank is a jealous man. If he breaks up Beth and Bobby, then I will neuter him." Ciarra takes a deep breath, and tells Tenny "I have some work to catch up on, and I'm really not in the mood to hear you planning for the worst. Hopefully Beth and Bobby will be happy, and I wish them luck." Tenny changes subjects, and asks Ciarra "So how's Clair? She was on the news this morning. Somebody stabbed her." Ciarra sighs "She nearly died. Floyd isn't taking it well." Tenny quips "Wouldn't hurt me if the bitch died. Whore." Ciarra snaps "Don't you have a date with your marijuana Tennessee? Or somewhere to be besides here?" Tenny looks around, and says in a distant tone "I do don't I? Maybe that's why I'm bitchy." Tenny yells at Precious, and they head for her Penthouse, as Tenny receives a text, and tells Ciarra "I'll let you know when Beth comes home. Don't work too hard. I don't want my oldest sister to have a heart attack." Tenny heads out, as Ciarra rolls her eyes, and gets back to work, as she preps Emery's for the holiday season.
   At Chantel's, Andy sits at his table, as Summer walks inside, and Andy calls his Cousin over, and Summer tells Andy "If you want to judge me and cuss me out, then I don't want to hear it." Andy tells Summer to sit down, and tells her "I have no intentions to do that. I noticed you were hesitant yesterday at Grandma's Funeral. Like Rachel set you up." Summer tells Andy "It was her idea. When she mentioned money, that was when I reluctantly accepted her offer." Andy asks his Cousin "Have you ever considered making peace with everyone. Grandma would want all of us to be one. Right now, you're the only one that's distant from the family." Summer laughs "Our family has never seen me as anything more than the child that ruined Ava." Andy tells Summer "I know about everything that's happened. Aunt Ava doesn't forget anything, and I think you should consider a new start." Summer asks Andy "What are you eluding to? Running away?" Andy tells Summer "Not running away, a new start. Where you can redeem yourself." Summer asks Andy "Any suggestions?" Andy tells Summer "I'm about to accept Aunt Mary's proposal to be head pastor at Caney Head Chapel. You should come with me." Summer is quiet, and she grabs her stomach, and tells Andy "That was strong." Andy asks Summer, noticing pain "Aren't you close to delivering your baby?" Summer nods, and she feels another contraction, and tells Andy "I think I'm going into labor." Andy calls the paramedics, as Mary arrives, and asks Andy "So you decided to take the offer?" Andy nods, and Mary notices Summer going into labor, and Mary tells Andy "I think we should take Summer to the Hospital ourselves, instead of an ambulance. They can be very slow." Andy helps his Cousin up, as Andy and Mary takes Summer to City Hospital, as she prepares to give birth.
   Meanwhile at Sully and Jared's Penthouse, Leigh arrives, as she sits in the living room, with Sully and Jared, and asks them "So these two weren't any trouble?" Sully tells her Mother "They were little angels. I can't wait for Ruthie to come into the world." Leigh looks at her Daughter, and tells her "It shouldn't be much longer Sully. You look like you could pop at any moment." Sully quips "I think she's ready. I know I am." Jared laughs "I think we all are." Leigh tells her Daughter and Son In Law "I think Ruthie will bring some light into all of our lives. Your Grandmother could use it." Sully asks her Mother "Has she called Daddy this morning? I really want her here when I deliver." Leigh assures Sully "She's not going to miss Ruthie's arrival for nothing in the world. And she's on her way back as we speak." Sully smiles for a moment, and suddenly grabs her stomach, and tells her Mother and Husband "Speaking of Ruthie, she's getting ready to make her arrival." Leigh grows panic, as she asks her Daughter "Are you sure Sully?" Sully feels another contraction, and tells her Mother, with pain starting to show "I'm positive!" Leigh gets Gracie, and Xavier Jr, and tells them "Behave yourselves when we get to City Hospital." Jared calls the paramedics, as Leigh calls Xavier, and tells him "Ruthie's about to arrive!" Xavier, outside Winston's room at City Hospital, smiles, and tells his Wife "I'll be here when you all arrive." Leigh heads across the hall, and sees Rose standing outside Tenny's door, as she prepares to walk inside, and Leigh tells Rose "Let Tenny know her namesake's about to arrive."  Rose walks inside Tenny's Penthouse, as Tenny and Precious sits in front of the TV, as Tenny smokes a joint, and watches her favorite soap, and Rose tells her "Sully's about to give birth." Tenny looks at Rose, and goes "Oh?" Meanwhile, the paramedics arrive, and Sully's carried out, as Jared follows, and Tenny walks out, and asks Rose "Are you stoned?" Rose tells her "I think you should go with them." Tenny walks out, and yells at Leigh "Leave the twins with Rose. You can ride with me." Leigh reluctantly listens to Tenny, and sternly warns Rose "If anything happens to Gracie and Xavier Jr, your ass is mine, and don't smoke around my kids!" Rose assures her "I won't." Leigh rushes out, as Tenny waits for her, as they follow the paramedics to City Hospital.
   At Nationwide Records, Nathan sits inside his office, as he smokes a blunt, and Allan walks inside, and asks his Son "How's Clair?" Nathan responds "I think Mom will be fine. She's on her high horse." Allan looks around Nathan's office, and tells his Son "This office is very hip and retro. I love this!" Nathan responds "Thank you Dad." Allan pulls out a blunt, and tells Nathan "Try not to be too hard on your Mom." Nathan looks at his Father, and responds "She's almost lost me Dad. She's not the Mom I knew in L.A." Allan takes a toke, and tells his Son "Your Mom was never perfect Son. Far from it. Very far." At City Hospital, Xavier and Ava stands in Winston's room, as Xavier tells his Sister "We're about to see some daylight sis. Sully's about to give birth." Ava looks at her Brother, and tells him "Let's go be with her." Xavier and Ava heads to the Maternity Ward. In Clair's room, Olivia walks inside, as she checks Clair's vitals, and notices Clair's heartbeat dropping, and Olivia texts Terrance, and tells him "Someone has overdosed Clair Feldman. She's falling!" Terrance, in the Maternity Ward, as Summer has arrived, with Andy, Mary, and Bree, who's just arrived, responds "Your call. Contact Floyd or her Son and go from there." Meanwhile Clair flat-lines, and Olivia shakes her head, as Clair has died, and Olivia walks out of Clair's room, and tells the nurses "Have Clair Feldman taken down to the morgue. I'm ordering an immediate Autopsy." Olivia heads off, as the new doctor walks up and asks "What happened?" The nurse tells her "Clair Feldman's dead." The doctor sighs "It's so sad to lose a patient." The doctor heads off, with a smile on her face, as she mumbles "That's what you get bitch. Hope hell is ready for you." Meanwhile, Xavier and Ava arrive at the Maternity Ward, as Ciarra has arrived, and Floyd, and Ciarra tells them "Sully's in the birthing room. Leigh's in there with her, and Jared." Xavier heads inside, as Ava stands outside with Ciarra and Floyd, and Tenny walks up a few moments later, and tells them "Looks like that whore's giving birth also. Damn. Summer's child will share the same damn birthday with my namesake." Ciarra glares at her Sister, as Ava is silent. In Sully's Birthing Room, the OBGYN tells Sully, Jared, Xavier, and Leigh "She's ready." Jared holds Sully's hand, as Xavier and Leigh stands by their Daughter, as Sully begins to push. In Summer's Birthing Room, Terrance tells Summer, as Mary and Andy holds her hands "Push." Bree stands outside, and walks out of the waiting room, and sees Ava, and asks her "What are you doing here?" Ava tells Bree "It looks like Sully's about to deliver Ruthie into the world." Bree walks over to Sully's waiting room. Meanwhile at Adam's Landing International Airport, Bobby tells Beth "It looks like you have work to do." Beth asks "What in the hell are you talking about Bobby?" Bobby responds "Your Granddaughter's in labor." Beth looks at Bobby, and yells "Let's go!"
 
 
   

1 comment:

  1. WHO IS THE MYSTERIOUS DOCTOR ? LOOKS LIKE AVA HAS SOME COMPITITION ! LOL

    ReplyDelete