Thursday, October 17, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 231. Honoring The Queen: Part 1

   It's the next morning in Adam's Landing and at Hell Hill, The Farm, Whispering Hills, and Bree's Mansion, The Jackson Family prepares to say goodbye for the final time to Ruth Jackson, Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, Friend, and Hero. At Hell Hill, Xavier walks to the family burial plot, where the seats are laid out, as Ruth's headstone is up, and Frank walks up to Xavier and tells him "Today's going to be the hardest day I've ever had to go through. It feels like a nightmare." Xavier tells his Brother "I wish it was a nightmare, but it's real." Cale and Allison arrives with Ruth's floral arrangements, and Xavier hugs his Nephew, and Cousin, and tells them and Frank "Those were Grandma's favorites." Cale looks at Xavier, and tells him "Allison, Dad, and I stayed up all night finishing these arrangements." Xavier tells them "All of you did a great job." Xavier heads back to the house, as Frank looks at his Mother's headstone, and tells his Son and Daughter In Law "Today will be hard." Cale puts his arm around his Father, and tells him "I know. But we will make it Dad." Frank looks at Cale, and walks over to his Mother's headstone, and sets a wreath of White Roses on Ruth's Headstone and Cale and Allison sets a wreath of Yellow, and Red Roses underneath.
  Across the road at Whispering Hills, Ava stands in the living room, as she has finished getting dressed, and takes a drink from the liquor bottle, as she looks at her Mother's photo, and a tear begins to fall from her eye, and Ava tells herself  "No tears. None." Maria walks inside, and asks her Cousin "How are you Ava?" Ava turns around, and tells Maria "I'm getting sick of people asking me that Maria. I'm not alright. I'm not ok. And I never will be ok again. My Mama's gone!" Ava hears the door open, and turns around, as Rudy walks inside, and tells his Cousin "This place is a showplace!" Ava looks at Rudy, and tells him "It's been years since we've seen each other!" Rudy hugs Ava, and tells her "I never thought Aunt Ruth would die. She always seemed immortal." Ava tells Rudy, and Maria "Mama was, and now she is. She always told me that if people ever forget you, then that's the moment you're truly gone." Rudy tells Ava "Aunt Ruth was very wise. She had to be to deal with everything she had to deal with regarding Uncle Brock, and Jamie, and Junior." Ava tells Rudy "Mama and Daddy made peace in his last years, and Jamie and Junior are dead now. It's just me and Frank." Rudy asks "So I hear Beth's living at Hell Hill now? I heard she married Uncle Brock." Ava nods, and warns her Cousin "Don't even start on her. Beth and Mama were very close, and she's having the hardest time with Mama's death." In Blue Ridge, Beth stands by her Father, and Uncle's graves at The Sullivan Estate, and somberly says "I know I should be back in Adam's Landing, but I can't do it."
   At The Evans Home, Willie, Aretha, and Rashad are dressed, as they prepare to head to Hell Hill, and Sayyid sits in the living room, as he's silent and Willie asks her Brother "You have been quiet since last night. Are you upset about Keith leaving town?" Sayyid tells his Sister "In a way, but something else is on my mind." Sayyid looks at Rashad, and asks "Are you friends with Andre Parks?" Rashad tells his Great-Uncle "I don't know him. I stay away from the social circles in town." Aretha and Willie asks Sayyid "Why are you interested in Andre Parks?" Sayyid tells them "I feel a connection between us. Maybe it's because he's from L.A., or that he's a misguided young-blood in need of guidance." Aretha looks at her Uncle, and she has a look of suspicion on her face, and Willie looks at her Daughter, as does Sayyid, as he asks his Niece "You have connections. Can you find out his history for me?" Aretha tells her Uncle "I will do some snooping around, but why are you so interested in him Uncle Clem?" Willie wonders the same thing, and Sayyid replies "I have a feeling we're connected. How? I don't know. But I want to know." Rashad comes downstairs with Little Sidney, and the Evans heads out for Hell Hill.
   Meanwhile at City Hospital, Tenny and Precious walks inside Beth's office, as Terrance sits inside, and asks Tenny "Where is Beth? I have called and called and she hasn't responded." Tenny tells Terrance "She's taking a breather from everything. I need that letter." Terrance asks Tenny "What letter?" Tenny tells Terrance "Beth told me she wrote a letter for Ruth's family and it's in her desk." Terrance opens a drawer and finds two envelopes and Tenny walks over, and Terrance tells her "There's one addressed to me, and one for Ruth's family." Tenny looks at Terrance and tells him "Open your letter first." Terrance opens his letter, and begins to read, and a look of sadness shows on his face, and Tenny asks him "What did she tell you?" Terrance looks at Tenny, and tells her in a scared tone "This isn't like her." Tenny reads Terrance's letter, and says in shock "You're right. She wouldn't give up the medical field over a death. Hold out and see if she can come to her senses once she accepts Ruth's death. She likely wrote this while she was upset." Terrance looks at Tenny, and asks "Where is she?" Tenny looks up for a moment, and takes a deep breath, and tells him "She's in Blue Ridge. I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but I know the two of you are close. Maybe you can get through to her." Terrance warns Tenny "We both know how Beth is. I don't think any of us can get through to her right now." Tenny looks at Terrance and tells him in a tone of regret "She is following my example Terrance. I am to blame for this. For years I called Ruth a horrible Mother, yet I was the horrible Mother. When my family needed me, when J.D. died, I was too damn selfish to be there for them as I should have been, and fled. Beth's doing the same thing and someone will have to talk to her." Terrance tells Tenny "I have to perform a surgery today and I'll miss Ruth's Funeral, and I don't know if I can fly out to Blue Ridge to help her." Tenny looks at Terrance, and tells him "It's not your place. You take care of City Hospital. Once Ruth's Funeral is over, I'm going to Blue Ridge. I refuse to let her go through this by herself." Tenny gets Beth's letter, and Terrance tells Tenny "Give everyone my deepest sympathy. I hope they understand." Tenny assures him "I'm sure they will. However some will be waiting to attack my Daughter, and I won't have that." Tenny and Precious heads out, as Terrance calls Beth one more time, and gets no answer, and he looks up and prays "Please watch over Beth."
   At Chantel's, Summer has breakfast, as Rachel arrives and she asks Summer "Why aren't you going to your Grandma's Funeral? You should be there." Summer tells Rachel "I also want to breathe. If I go, I'm as good as dead." Rachel looks at Summer and tells her "I wouldn't let my family stop me from mourning my Grandmother or anyone I loved. I didn't let them stop me from mourning Jack." Summer looks at Rachel, and tells her friend "Dad told me before he left town to stay away from them, and I plan to do just that." Rachel pulls up a seat, and tells Summer "You are going to your Grandma's Funeral today Summer. I'm coming with you. Don't let Ava scare you away from making your peace." Summer asks Rachel "Why are you so hellbent on me going to Hell Hill and risking my life?" Rachel pulls out a contract, and tells Summer "I just returned from L.A. and this would be the perfect time to make a pilot." Summer asks "Pilot?" Rachel exclaims "I talked to UBC (United Broadcasting Company), and they loved my idea. Why write a book, when the cameras can do better. Then the world will see how that corrupt family really works." Summer tells Rachel "I had no intentions for a reality show, and I'm not risking my life for your gain." Rachel smiles, and tells Summer "It's for both of us, you will be set for life, and I will be set for life. Nearly all of Adam's Landing will be there, you should be there too. The crew are already headed for Hell Hill and they're waiting for us." Summer gets up, and tells Rachel "I've already had a few close calls with this pregnancy, and I liked the book idea better." Rachel tells Summer "Books are old, this is the winning idea, if anything happens, then all the proof is there and Xavier, Ava, or anyone can cover it up. You're safe Summer. Trust me." Summer takes a deep breath, and tells Rachel "I'm not doing it!" Rachel asks "What if I said there's a million dollar check with your name on it?" Summer is quiet for a moment, and tells Rachel "Should have told me that to begin with." Summer and Rachel heads to Hell Hill, as Rachel sends a text to someone.
   Back at Hell Hill, Mary and Rose arrives, as does Bree and Andy, as Mary hugs Bree, and asks her "Where's my Sister's casket?" Bree tells her Great-Aunt "Grandma's being cremated. She always said she didn't want to be buried." Mary is silent, as Rose looks around and Nathan arrives, and Rose walks over and asks him "I'm surprised you would be here." Nathan tells Rose "It's only appropriate to be a part of Ruth's Funeral." Meanwhile at the Main House, Xavier, Leigh, Frank, Cale, Allison, and Ava sits inside the living room, as Floyd, Ciarra, Maria, and Rudy arrives, and Xavier asks Rudy "Who are you?" Ciarra tells her Great-Nephew "Rudy's Floyd's Son." Xavier welcomes him, and Rudy hugs Frank and tells him "You look a lot like Uncle Brock." Frank tells his Cousin "Don't remind me." Floyd asks Xavier "Where's Beth?" Xavier tells his Uncle "She's not here and I don't know where she is." Frank looks at everyone and says "She couldn't handle things and likely felt guilty, so she bolted." Xavier takes a deep breath, as he tries to keep his temper in check, as Ciarra tells Frank, as does Floyd, Cale, Allison, Leigh, Maria, and Ava "Stop it! Beth is likely mourning in her own way." Frank yells "I don't understand how everyone can go poor Beth. She slept her way through this family, and.." Tenny walks inside, and hears Frank, and slaps him with full force, and snaps "Who's to blame for that Frank? Who's here for you to blame? Beth was more loyal to your family than you have been!" Frank yells at Tenny "Why in the hell are you here Tenny? Shouldn't you be off getting high?" Tenny takes a deep breath, and looks up, and responds "I'm here for Beth. I'm here for Ava, Xavier, Leigh, and Ruth. Whether you like it or not and if it's the latter, I don't really give a damn how you feel, Ruth and I did grow close, so get the hell over it you bastard!" Xavier asks his Grandmother "Where's my Mother?" Ciarra also asks her Sister "Where is Beth Tennessee?" Tenny sighs "In Blue Ridge.." Frank yells "Great! She's fled home. Maybe she'll stay there." Xavier has enough, and delivers a punch into Frank's mouth, and yells "I'm really damn tired of hearing your mouth Frank! You have done nothing but talk about my Mother like she's a piece of shit, and I'm warning you, I won't stand here and listen to it any longer!" Frank storms out, as Cale and Allison tells everyone "He's mourning too. He's lashing out." Ava yells "He can lash out all he wants, but it isn't going to bring Mama back is it? She's dead. She's dead. It's nobody's fault and he needs to pull himself together." Cale and Allison tells Ava "You don't understand.." Ava looks at Cale and Allison and gets angry, as she asks "Understand what? I've lost my Son, and my Mama! I've also lost my sanity and been violated, and you tell me I don't understand? No Cale. No Allison. None of you understand, and nor does Frank! Xavier tells his Nephew and Cousin "Go out there and be with Frank. It's almost time for the Funeral to start." Cale and Allison heads out, as does Floyd, Ciarra, Maria, and Rudy, as Tenny tells her Grandson "I'm going to Blue Ridge as soon as the Funeral's over to be with your Mother." Xavier tells his Grandmother "I'm going with you." Tenny tells Xavier "I think it's best if you stay here. Guard your company." Xavier and Leigh asks Tenny "What do you mean by that?" Tenny fills them in on Winston's visit at Sully and Jared's, and Xavier vows "He wouldn't dare try." Sully walks inside, and tells her family "Jared's at Jackson Inc." Everyone heads for the Jackson Family Burial Plot, as Xavier sends a text to Country, and tells him "Go down to Jackson Inc in case Winston tries to pull something."
   Meanwhile outside, Willie, Aretha, Rashad, Little Sidney, and Sayyid arrives and they take their seats, as does Mary, and Rose. Bree sits next to Frank, as does Cale and Allison. Allan, Olivia, and Davis arrives, and Davis briefly visits Allison, before taking his seat. Floyd, Ciarra, Maria, Rudy, and Nathan takes their seats, and Xavier, Leigh, Sully, and Tenny takes their seats, as Xavier looks around for a moment, and pulls out his phone and texts Bobby, and asks him "Where are you?" Bobby, in Blue Ridge, responds "I'm going to try and reach out to your Mother." Xavier looks at his Wife, Daughter, and Grandmother, and tells them "Bobby's in Blue Ridge." Ava walks over and sits next to Xavier, as she holds Gracie and Xavier Jr, and Andy takes the pulpit, as he begins to deliver Ruth's Eulogy." Meanwhile Summer and Rachel arrives at the gates, and Rachel yells at the camera crew "Why aren't you inside there?" The cameraman tells her "We were waiting for you." Rachel looks around, and tells Summer "Looks like Country isn't guarding the fort. Let's go." Rachel, Summer, and the cameras walks onto the property." At Jackson Inc, Jared sits inside his office, as Country tells him "Are you sure Winston's going to pull something today?" Jared tells Country "My Grandfather is capable of anything." Winston walks inside, and smiles at Jared, and Country, and tells them "I told you I'd be at the funeral. And here I am." Jared pulls out a pistol, and aims at his Grandfather, and angrily responds "The only funeral here you son of a bitch is yours!" Back at Hell Hill, The Jackson, Sullivan, and Evans families sits as Andy delivers Ruth's eulogy, and Andy notices the cameras, and stops, as everyone gets suspicious, and turns around, as Summer bawls "My Grandma's gone!"

1 comment:

  1. OH NO ! I KNEW SOMEONE WAS GOING TO ACT CRAZY ! LOL

    ReplyDelete