Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Daylight And Darkness: Episode 222. Twisted Agendas

   Night has fallen in Adam's Landing, and at City Hospital, Winston and Fancy sits in the triage, as they await his discharge papers after being shot in the leg by Xavier. Terrance walks inside and tells Winston, with disgust in his tone "I really should have let Frank rip your ass apart." Winston snaps "Just give me those damn papers so I can go home!" Fancy looks at Terrance and snarls "You heard him boy.." Terrance rolls his eyes, as he tries to contain his anger, and walks up to Fancy, standing in her face, as Fancy coughs and Terrance asks "I see you have an allergic reaction to black. Now get the hell out of this hospital, and if you ever call me boy again or any other racial slur, I'll see to it that Wallace's fall flat on their face. But that will happen anyway. Times have changed you racist!" Terrance walks out, and Winston warns Fancy "If you want Wallace's to succeed and beat Jim's and Foodstar, then you need to keep your mouth shut Carla." Fancy looks at Winston and sternly tells him "That company was my beloved Husband's legacy. I will be integral in the outcome." Winston gets up and Fancy helps him out as Winston gripes "That bastard didn't even write me a prescription." Fancy tells Winston "He doesn't like white people." Winston limps out, as Fancy holds onto him. Terrance watches on with anger in his eyes, as he heads to check on Ruth.
   At Tenny's Penthouse, Tenny sits in her living room, as she smokes a joint and the phone rings as she picks it up and asks "Did you find my jewelry?" At the ALPD, Rose, with her Grandmother by her side, is booked as Rose has a look of shock and disbelief on her face, as she tells the officer "I wouldn't ever steal from Tenny. I swear." The officer tells Rose "We did find Ms.Sullivan's jewelry in your bag Ms.McClain." Mary tells the officer "My Granddaughter isn't a criminal. She wouldn't have stolen anything." The officer tells Rose, as he helps her up as she's handcuffed "Ms.Sullivan wants her jewelry back and with her relations in Adam's Landing, she has more power than you do." Mary tells the officer "I am Mary Love Caswell, Ruth Jackson's Sister! Now you let my Granddaughter go! The officer tells Mary "I can't release her Mrs.Caswell because Ms.Sullivan's pressing charges and bail has to be set." Mary takes a deep breath and tells her Granddaughter "You stay strong and I will make sure you are released by tomorrow. I promise!" Mary hugs Rose and walks out of the ALPD, as Rose is taken to her cell.
  Meanwhile at The Evans Home, Aretha walks inside, as Willie, Rashad, and Little Sidney sits in the living room and Willie asks her Daughter "What are you mad about now?" Aretha shows her Mother and Son the text she received earlier from Tyrone, and Willie and Rashad both have a look of dread in their eyes. Rashad tells his Mother "I'm glad I never knew that piece of trash." Willie looks at her Grandson, and tells him "I am too. He was one evil man. I wonder if Clem knows about this." Aretha nods and Willie tells them "I have never wished death on someone, but Tyrone Gray deserves it. How that man wakes up each day and how he's never been busted or killed is beyond me." Aretha tells her Mother "He was a snitch. That was how he kept his life. Uncle Clem knows he's here and he is ready to kill him. I just hope Ruth doesn't find out. With Ava in jail, and now Sully being kidnapped.." Willie tells her Daughter "It's a tragedy. A damn tragedy. Why can't something like this happen to someone who's earned it?" Aretha sits next to her Mother, as Rashad picks up his Son, and carries Little Sidney to his crib, as Aretha looks at her Mother and tells her "I am really tempted to call Keith." Willie looks at her Daughter, and tells her "Keith will be in town soon enough. He called today and he's selling Jazz to Allan. He's about to launch a comeback." Aretha responds "Clem is hellbent on killing Tyrone." Willie reminds Aretha "His briefcase is gone." Aretha nods, and Willie pulls out some cards and tells her Daughter "I need to relax. How about some blackjack?" Aretha rolls her eyes, as Willie deals the cards and Aretha reminds her Mother "I thought we agreed never to play this again?" Willie quips "Relaxation technique Aretha." Aretha quips "Only for you Mama."
    At Hell Hill meanwhile, Xavier, Leigh, Jared, Beth, and Bobby stands in the living room, as Beth tells them "Olivia just called and Ruth's asleep. Frank, Cale, and Allison are there for the night." Sayyid walks inside and tells Xavier "Country and I just took Wallace to the plane." Xavier nods, and asks Sayyid "Where is Country?" Sayyid tells him "He's with his Daughter. We considered hunting for Tyrone, but it would be a waste." Leigh goes ballistic as she yells "Waste of time? What in the hell are you talking about!" Xavier reminds his Wife, as does Sayyid "Tyrone won't kill Sully tonight. And he won't tomorrow. He only does what he's told. And I think Desi indeed is playing a part in this." Beth tells Sayyid "That bitch walked around proclaiming she's changed and laid her grudges down. I never totally fell for it." Leigh snaps "She's already tried to break my marriage up." Xavier looks at Leigh and reminds her with a kiss "A billion dollars wouldn't ever break us apart. And Desi doesn't have that kind of money." Jared yells "How about Sully? I want to know if my Wife will be found alive or dead. She's carrying my child and I am scared for her!" Xavier tells his Son In Law "We all are Jared. But until we know where Tyrone's keeping her, then there's nothing we can do." Beth storms out, as she screams "I need to talk to Mama. This is too much to bear right now!" Bobby watches on, as Xavier asks Bobby "Are you falling for my Mother?" Bobby looks down and says "We have been on a few dates, but she isn't ready for a commitment." Leigh looks at everyone, and kisses Xavier and tells him "I'm going to check on Gracie and Little X. I hope we find Sully very soon." Xavier assures his Wife "We will Leigh. Our Princess will be found." Leigh heads upstairs, and Xavier looks at Bobby, Sayyid, and Jared and tells them "Let's go to my study and discuss how we're going to deal with Tyrone." Xavier, Sayyid, Jared, and Bobby heads into Xavier's study, as they begin a plan of action.
    Meanwhile at Jazz, Allan sits at the bar, as Clair walks inside and asks Allan "Drinking binge?" Allan rolls his eyes and tells Clair "I am part owner of Jazz. And all I do is smoke cannabis." Clair sits next to Allan and tells him with disdain in her voice "I really wished Nathan had of never known about you. Now I have to deal with your crazy Mama and your Aunt as my Step-Mother." Allan tells Clair "If all you can do here is nag and bitch all the time, go your ass home to L.A.!" Clair snaps back "Nathan has the money Allan. When Clint was killed, everything went to Nathan. I have nothing to fall back on." Allan looks at Clair and tells her "Maybe if you wasn't such a self-righteous bitch, trying to control her son, then maybe Nathan would be willing to be around you." Andre walks inside, as Allan sees him and tells Clair "I see one of Nathan's friends. Quit being such a bitch." Andre walks up to Allan and Allan asks "Have you talked to Nathan this evening?" Andre tells Allan "He was busy when I stopped at The Sunset Club. Some young chick named Rachel and him were going at it. Like wild animals." Allan rolls his eyes and sighs "Rachel Lane.." Allan shakes his head, as Clair walks up and tells Andre "So you followed Nathan to Adam's Landing it seems. Why couldn't you stay back in South Central?" Andre snaps at Clair "You are one pathetic bitch Clair Feldman. Always playing strong and all, and your old man beats the hell out of you, and when your Son tries to help you, you don't let him. You did Nathan like shit." Clair yells at Andre "I tried to protect him from hood rats like you Andre Parks! And sex crazed drug addicted rockers like Allan James!" Meanwhile a bartender walks towards Allan and tells him "I need to leave. My partner's been arrested. I'm about to pay her boss a visit. Demented old bitch." Allan looks at his employee and says "Don't speak about my Mama that way Mandi." Mandi looks at Allan and snaps "Why did Tenny accuse Rose of stealing her jewelry? She's crazy as hell and Rose looks up to her! Damn bitch!" Mandi storms out, with anger in her eyes, as Andre walks to the bar and orders a glass of vodka, as Clair tells Allan "Sounds like the old bat is losing it." Allan looks at Clair and walks her to the door and sternly tells her "If you want to be a part of Nathan's life, then stop judging him!" Allan walks away, as Clair walks out and says to herself "If only."
   Meanwhile at Floyd's home at Whispering Hills, Ciarra sits in the living room, as she is still shaken by killing Burt, and Floyd asks Ciarra "Shouldn't you come to bed? I told you earlier not to worry about it. Corbin got what he deserved." Ciarra looks at Floyd and holds his hand, as he sits next to her and Ciarra tells him "I hate killing someone. I can't explain it. Something told me to bring Jacob's pistol with me, and when I heard Burt rambling on, I didn't think, I just killed him. I tried so hard to see the good side of Burt, but when he slept with Summer, and caused Bree to miscarry, that got to me, and then stabbing my family in the back like he did.." Floyd holds Ciarra, as the door opens and Winston and Fancy walks inside and Winston tells Floyd "I want the two of you the hell off my damn property! Your future Wife killed my Son!" Fancy snaps "Ciarra Sullivan, just as wacked as her Sister. I'll be damned." Floyd looks at Winston and laughs "I see you are limping. Just think of when Ava gets out of jail. She will hang you. I'll give her the rope." Winston coldly tells Floyd and Ciarra "This home sits on my property, and Ava won't be released anytime soon. I don't give a damn if Ruth is dying or not!" Floyd punches Winston in the face, and slams him against the wall and angrily tells him "Winston Hale. You don't own shit except for HaleCorp. You don't own Whispering Hills, because Ava does. And you are one evil bastard to keep Ava away from her Mama, for your selfish need of power. And to top that, you're sleeping with a whore. A whore who could write a novel of names of the men she's slept with." Fancy laughs at Floyd "You slept with me too. But you had nothing on Brock." Ciarra meanwhile gets up and boldly tells Winston and Fancy "We're going nowhere! And if the two of you don't get out of this house, I'll have you arrested." Winston looks at Ciarra and smiles, as he pulls out his phone and tells her "I could send you to jail also. You killed my Son. How about if you two move, then I'll let this slide. And stay out of our way. Carla and I are about to send Jackson Inc into bankruptcy. I got all I need to help make it happen. And Emery's looks ripe also." Floyd gets his rifle and warns Winston "We're going nowhere! And if you were smart, you'd be packing your bags." Winston laughs "Friendships has it's rewards. When you get them, then you can get to business." Winston and Fancy walks out, as Ciarra turns on the TV and Ciarra and Floyd are horrified, as the newscaster reports "Owner of Class, and Daughter of Xavier and Leigh Jackson, Sully J. Hale has disappeared." Floyd looks at Ciarra, as they hold each other, and they look at each other and says "Winston."
   At Tenny's Penthouse, Beth walks inside, as Tenny and Precious sits in front of the TV, and Tenny asks her Daughter "Is this why I haven't heard any moving around outside?" Beth sits next to her Mother, as she pulls out a joint, and sighs "I can't take much more Mama. Ruth's dying, Ava's in jail, and now my Granddaughter is kidnapped. How much can one take?" Tenny looks at her Daughter, and grabs her hand silently, as Tenny pulls out a blunt and tells Beth "I heard about Ruth. I hate to hear that Beth. She and I have never liked each other, but she always looked out for you. I really hope she makes it." Beth looks at her Mother, and asks her "Why do I sense you're plotting?" Tenny looks at Beth, as she takes a deep toke, and laughs "Since when does Mama plot?" Beth sighs "Mama.." Tenny tells Beth "You should have seen Ciarra today. She shot Burt dead. I was stunned. Couldn't believe my prissy Oldest Sister had it in her." Beth responds "I was stunned as well." Beth is a bit despondent, and Tenny asks Beth "You look like you know something. How bad is Ruth's cancer?" Beth starts to cry, and tells her Mother "When I release her from City Hospital, she'll be coming home to die Mama. She knows it, and the family does too. I pray for a miracle, but I don't think it will happen." Tenny hugs Beth, and tells her Daughter in a gentle tone "I know Ruth is like a Mother to you my sweet Beth. It's hard to accept. I still have to accept the fact J.D. is gone, but he is still here. I feel him all the time." Beth cries "It's just so damn hard to accept, with all that's happened." Tenny assures Beth, as she holds her Daughter in her arms "I am certain that Ava will be released real soon. Ruth will see Ava." Beth asks "How are you so certain?" Tenny takes a toke and sighs "Mama's intuition. Now go back home and be with Xavier and Leigh. I know they are scared about Sully. And Jared as well." Beth hugs her Mother and tells her "Sometimes you can really be sweet Mama." Tenny laughs "Don't tell too many people. I don't want the world to know." Beth smiles and walks out. Tenny looks at Precious and tells him "Ruth will be seeing her Daughter. I promise that." Meanwhile Mandi storms into Tenny's Penthouse and yells "What in the hell are you planning you mean old bitch?" Tenny looks at Mandi, and asks "Who are you?" Mandi snaps "Rose's partner." Tenny asks "Do the two of you run a business?" Mandi snaps "Cut the shit and tell me why you turned Rose into the ALPD!" Tenny looks at Mandi and pauses for a moment and asks Mandi "Weren't you in jail before?" Mandi responds "Yes." Tenny smiles and tells Mandi "Don't worry about Rose. And if you want Rose to be free, then you need to get arrested as well." Mandi looks at Tenny with a look of fear, and hesitantly asks "Why? If I go back to jail, I'm on the first bus to Unity Prison." Tenny looks at Mandi, and pulls out a blunt, and a check, and tells her "I have your number. Visit Rose and teach her the ropes. I am going to bed now. If you don't leave by the count of 3, I'll have you arrested." Tenny starts to count, as Mandi leaves, and Tenny tells Precious "Mandi is perfect. Perfect for my plan."
   Meanwhile at City Hospital, Ruth lays in bed, as Frank sits by his Mother's side, and Olivia walks in and tells Ruth "Terrance has decided to keep you here for a few more days." Ruth asks Olivia "I was supposed to go home?" Frank tells his Mother "I think it's smart. You get some sleep while I talk to Olivia." Frank and Olivia walks out of Ruth's room, as Ruth tries to turn on the TV, and it won't turn on, and Ruth gets frustrated. Outside, Olivia tells Frank "Terrance and I won't let Ruth see the news on Sully." Frank tells her "Good idea. That was why Beth ran out of here like she did earlier." Olivia nods and replies "And the tests aren't good either. The cancer is worse than we thought. It's all over and I think you need to talk to your family and decide how you all are going to handle this. She won't be here much longer." Frank, with sadness in his eyes, tells Olivia "Bree and I have discussed it, and I talked to Cale and Allison earlier. Mama wants to stay at Hell Hill, and she's already made it known that she won't die in a hospital." Olivia gives Frank a hug and tells him "Ruth has many people who love her. Adam's Landing will lose so much when she passes." Frank is silent, as Olivia tells him "Take every moment with your Mother, and soak it in. I never got to say goodbye to my Mother. Ruth is a lucky woman." Frank, with tears in his eyes, tells Olivia "Mama has her family, and now she needs Ava. And Ava needs her." Olivia hugs Frank and tells him "I'm heading home. If you need me, or Terrance, call." Frank nods, as Olivia leaves and Frank walks back inside and sits at his Mother's bedside, as Ruth snaps "Damn television won't turn on." Frank looks at his Mother and tells her "You rest. Because tomorrow you're coming to The Farm, and staying with me." Ruth asks her Son "I thought I was going back to Hell Hill?" Frank tells his Mother "I think it would be best to go back to my home." Ruth looks at Frank and tells her Son "Hell Hill is my home, and I will take my last breath there." Frank holds his Mother's hand, as he contains his composure and assures her "Yes you will Mama."
   Back at The Evans Home, Aretha and Willie sits at the kitchen table, as Aretha has a look of dread as Willie quietly lays her cards down and smiles, showing 21. Aretha tells her Mother "You cheat!" Willie laughs "I just know how to play." Rashad comes downstairs and asks his Mother "So Grandma's beating you at her favorite game I see?" Aretha sighs "She cheats. Daddy told me years ago she cheats." Willie looks at them and smiles "I just know how to hustle. Only one person can beat me." Aretha replies "Ruth." Willie nods and tells them "She and I made money by our method of blackjack. That's why we were never invited to card games." Terrance walks inside and asks his Mother "It's sort of late to be playing blackjack isn't it?" Willie tells her Son "It's a distraction. With all the horrible things going on, this is my relaxation." Terrance tells his Mother "I am about to go home but I thought I would tell you that Ruth will be released in the next few days." Willie looks at Terrance and optimistically asks "Is she better?" Terrance shakes his head, and tells his Mother, as Aretha and Rashad stands by Willie "The cancer is worse than we had thought. She is coming home to die Mama. I think you need to prepare yourself." Willie looks at her family, and says somberly "Damn. I'm not ready to let Ruth go. But I also don't want her to suffer." Willie heads upstairs, as she is silent, and Aretha looks at her Brother and tells him "Mama will be lost without Ruth." Terrance hugs Aretha, and tells his Sister, and Nephew, as Rashad watches on "We will all have to be there for her. I'd love for a miracle to happen, but it's not going to." Terrance heads out, to his home across the street, and Rashad looks at his Mother, as she holds his hand and says "Baby Boy, I vow that Ava will be released very soon."
   At The Sunset Club, Mary sits on the bed in her suite, as she calls her Son, Lynn Caswell and tells him "Rose has been arrested. As soon as bail's set, I plan to bail her out." Lynn, in Unity, tells his Mother "Maybe this can stay out of the media." Mary sighs "I hope so. I plan to talk to this Tenny tomorrow." Lynn tells his Mother "She used to own Sullivan's." Mary responds "I know. She is setting Rose up." Lynn tells his Mother "Rose has been trouble since she was a teenager Mama. When will you learn she isn't worth it. You need to come home and look after Daddy. Worry about us, not Rose!" Mary tells her Son "Show more compassion Lynn. You're a reverend, and you are not acting like it." Mary hangs up the phone, and lays down, as she calls it a night, and says a prayer before she goes to sleep. At the ALPD, Rose sits in her cell, and she tries to talk to her cellmate, and she tells Rose "I don't speak to anybody. Screw everyone." Rose asks "Are you Ava Jackson?" Ava turns to Rose and tells her "I am she. And I got enough on my damn mind right now! So you just shut up and leave me the hell alone!" The jailer tells Rose "You have a visitor." Rose leaves, as Ava is silent and says to herself  "She looks awfully familiar." Rose is taken to the visitation room, where Mandi sits, and Rose tells Mandi "They are having a bail hearing tomorrow and my Grandma's in town." Mandi looks at Rose and tells her "I visited Tenny Sullivan and she didn't act worried about her jewelry." Rose looks up and tells Mandi "She set me up." Mandi pulls out a list, written on the back of a receipt, and tells her partner "Tenny said for you to keep your mouth shut. Here's all that you need to know." Rose grabs Mandi's hand, and Mandi tells Rose "I think Tenny has a motive. She's planning something. She will let you know the rest." Mandi leaves, as Rose's taken back to her cell, and after the jailer leaves, Rose looks at Ava and tells her "I think I may be your key to freedom."
   Back at Hell Hill, Country and Bree arrives, as Beth has returned and Bree asks "Where's Xavier, Jared, and Bobby?" Beth points towards the study and Country heads in that direction as Bree hugs Beth and tells her "I saw the news. Uncle Frank told me Terrance and Olivia is keeping Grandma from watching the news." Beth tells her "I made that call on my own. She doesn't need this. Not now." Bree notices the elevator and Beth tells Bree "Until Sully is found, I plan to keep Ruth in City Hospital." Bree tells Beth "I think that's smart." Floyd and Ciarra walks inside and Beth points towards the study, as Floyd tells Beth "I wanted to finish that elevator. I can't sleep and neither can your Aunt." Ciarra holds Beth, as she starts to cry. Upstairs in the nursery, Leigh sits with Gracie and Xavier Jr, as she watches her children sleep, and says to herself with tears in her eyes "Maybe your Sister can be brought home alive and soon." In Xavier's Study, Country walks inside, as Jared cries "I can't go home without Sully there." Xavier tells his Son In Law "You just stay here Jared." Bobby tells them "I will visit Cass in the morning, while I visit with Ava, and make sure Russell stays the hell out of our way." Sayyid pulls out his briefcase and assures Bobby "I ain't worried about no damn police. Tyrone Gray will die when I see him." Xavier tells them "We have our plan intact, first we will find my Daughter, and once we get Ava released, she can deal with Winston. She will make him regret this worse than any of us can."
 
 

1 comment: